• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1771 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
jamesbwood

Cursed Isles - Ice Server – Summary Post

The Cursed Isles was recently released on Ice. It is somewhat similar to Atlantis in that the rewards are the same, you need a special map and your ships can sink. Below is a convenient summary of observations regarding the Cursed Isles – most of these are from other pirates (http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1692353#1692353, Yarrmate, others, and my personal observations)

Ships

Ships reported: sloops, cutter, Dow, Baglah (longships???)

When you bring in a Large Ship (Baglah and Bigger) You Do NOT Spawn in a Safe Zone. But you also do not spawn in the middle. We Spawned in a Nook/Cranny, with gas all around us.

Green Fog, When you go in, you get a Message “The Crew Inhales Noxious Gas, and begins to lose fine motor skills” The fog moves. The effect of this seems a bit like having no Rum to me.

Rafts are easy to sink, but, the witches come on board. One small shot will sink the rafts. They come from the land surrounded by arrows.

The green toilet bowls (whirlpools) spin backwards (counterclockwise).

At the Island
At the island, you alternate between rumble and sword fighting, there is a break between the two where you forage. Frays get harder the longer you stay. The forage puzzle is how you get booty on the island.

When you lose a fray, it appears that still get some booty. (?!?)

All officers in the crew have access to the Stay (and fight) or Leave (with foraged booty) buttons. If one pushes leave, everyone is ordered back to the ship, even if others prefer to stay.

You leave the island in the same shape you go in. So if you have no moves, and have damage when you go in, that is what you will have when you come out and. . .

In our case enemy ships piled up outside the island, 5 cutters vs our one sloop. Multiple frays were not a problem but we had no remaining sail moves and died getting out.

Rafts touch you and sink, but, the witches come on board. One small shot will sink the rafts. They come from the land surrounded by arrows.

You can TH enemy ships but not rafts.

The treasure is the same as Atlantis.

Conjecture

This may very well replace Atlantis as you don’t have to wait for long periods of time to fill a ship and many more pirates can afford to lead trips.

Good luck!

Dreadopus, Cobalt Ocean
Dreadopusalt on Ice
----------------------------------------
Dreadopus
Top quality rock hard balls in Jade and Onxy
[Nov 5, 2008 5:33:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meeper50

Re: Cursed Isles - Ice Server ? Summary Post

Copycat....

/e Sulks.

But Nice thread. Mine were just quick 5 second ones that i did during my Adventure out there.

/e Pouts

da_ripper says "And they also deleted my marijuana price thread that was required for educational purposes."

[Nov 5, 2008 8:06:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treepirate88

Please try to keep the discussion in the release post. Having too many threads will make things go unnoticed.
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
[Nov 5, 2008 9:02:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hermes
Developer

Indeed. Please direct stuff over here, if you could.
[Nov 5, 2008 10:51:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates