• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 765 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Gravybeard

Arrr, eyepatches and peglegs? Reply to this Post

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but clearly no pirating game can be without these! Of course, like familiars, you probably wouldn't to have hundreds of pirates with these, it's a rather distinguishing feature. My thought was to give the grotesque injuries to those who lose in the final match of the tournament -- kind of like they fought a truly epic battle, and had their eye wounded, and such. Could probably be done as a random chance in really huge sea battles or swordfights too, I think.
[Aug 2, 2003 3:12:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Traino+Fgravy [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Not posting useful information must be my way of flaming. Reply to this Post

What would Fronsac get for losing the final round of the Drinking Tournament? Swords aren't everything, ye know!
----------------------------------------
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gotagota at Aug 2, 2003 3:36:25 AM]
[Aug 2, 2003 3:36:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: Arrr, eyepatches and peglegs? Reply to this Post

Search for "eyepatch" and "pegleg". Been there, done that, buried it 30 paces from the driftwood that looks like a donkey.
[Aug 2, 2003 3:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Gravybeard

Aye, I found it mentioned shortly afterwards. Sorry about that.
[Aug 2, 2003 4:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Traino+Fgravy [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

the FAQ suggests captains of a ship that gets sunk in a flag war in future versions could get this. The thing I don't like about that is, will it be an optional to wear thing, or will you be forced to wear it - in which case people would have to make a new character if the addition didnt suit them?
[Aug 3, 2003 3:58:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

If it's that big of an issue for someone, they should probably avoid the whole mess of warfare to begin with. Although, if they go with the plan they were kicking around, it could be a fairly uncommon defeat that results in those battle scars.

At any rate, what's the point of a pegleg if the pirate's got a perfectly good living appendages hidden in his coat that he can swap right back in? The pegleg, in this case, sounds more like a reward trinket for losing.
[Aug 3, 2003 4:10:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
OmegaZero

pegleg for warfare/if ye lose a certain ammount of battles at sea, or duels. Eye patch for losing so many drinkiing games, ie: story goes, one of the contestants gets obnoxious and spits rum in yer eye, then throw a glass at ye. Scars would also be pretty friggin cool, oh, and if emotions are even implemented (image wise) a grin might result in showing a gold tooth, which would also be a sign of wealth.
[size=9]"I do not know what type of weapons World War III will be fought with, however, World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Albert Einstein

"I'm free of all prejudice, I hate everyone equally" - W.C. Fields

~OmegaZero

[Aug 3, 2003 9:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://zero.foxwyn.net    LunaxLupus [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates