• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3266 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Dark_Cloud95

Halloween Reply to this Post

Is Ice now excluded from celebrating Halloween?
----------------------------------------
~Silverdagger!~
Ocean: Cerulean, Meridian & Ice

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be?
I'm a pirate, after all.

[Oct 23, 2008 9:27:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Halloween Reply to this Post

Ice is almost always excluded from the events on the production oceans.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Oct 23, 2008 9:47:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Not the events; the competitions and such. I remember last year was all about skellies and zombies, and Ice was ground zero for testing the then-brand-new zombies, and increased spawning of frays. I myself possess an "Eye of the Zombie" trophy, which proves that the competition was active last year. So why not?
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 23, 2008 9:57:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Oh, can you get the pirate ticket on Ice?! :O
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Oct 24, 2008 8:16:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

Oh, can you get the pirate ticket on Ice?! :O

Yes, I saw that I had the opportunity, but I chose not to get it on Ice. I should of though. All I got were rags on Cobalt.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Issaica at Oct 24, 2008 11:47:55 AM]
[Oct 24, 2008 11:47:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Cloud95

Last year we were allowed to get the black colored pets. So how come this year we are not allowed?
~Silverdagger!~
Ocean: Cerulean, Meridian & Ice

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be?
I'm a pirate, after all.

[Oct 28, 2008 6:22:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mennik

there is nothing to test a ringer would say that

but there is allot to test like the new familiar and i difn't see a new familiar yet........
mennik-sage/ice
needle-ice
and nick-man4 on all other communitys
[Oct 28, 2008 11:17:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

but there is allot to test like the new familiar and i difn't see a new familiar yet........

new fams are not out on the main oceans yet.. they dont come out till after the month.
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 28, 2008 11:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mennik

new fams are not out on the main oceans yet.. they dont come out till after the month.

lol ice is a test server not a production ocean the release days are never the same
mennik-sage/ice
needle-ice
and nick-man4 on all other communitys
[Oct 28, 2008 11:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

suppose to be kept a secret what they are.. so why would they release it on ice and let the secret out?
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 28, 2008 11:42:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

I believe it was already statde that the new familiar well not make an apperance on the Ice Ocean. Since it is a familiar and the familiar data is preexisting and all they are doing is adding a new species there is no neccessary testing to be done.

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Oct 28, 2008 12:57:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

I believe it was already statde that the new familiar well not make an apperance on the Ice Ocean. Since it is a familiar and the familiar data is preexisting and all they are doing is adding a new species there is no neccessary testing to be done.

I had petitioned an OM about this previously, and they have done all the testing for the new familiar themselves. So let's go ahead and drop that topic.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Oct 28, 2008 1:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marie61

either somebody TPed my ship or the winter effects are turned on waaaaaaaaay to early. those poor chirpy birds will freeze their tootsies off.
Armillaria on all oceans
SO Moose of Doom, Cerulean

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
[Oct 31, 2008 1:17:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolson123455

lol ice is a test server not a production ocean the release days are never the same

What's to test about the familiar? That it sits on your shoulder right?

I'm sure there isn't any need for testing of a new familiar since its just a new kind of image.
PirateJolson of Viridian

Senior Officer of DiamondDust

Royal of Ice
[Nov 1, 2008 5:02:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

What's to test about the familiar? That it sits on your shoulder right?

I'm sure there isn't any need for testing of a new familiar since its just a new kind of image.

Basically, yes. But they would have to test it's movement, such as the parrot's wings when you walk. Regardless, it's minimal and can be done in one or two tests by a single OM without the help of players.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Nov 1, 2008 12:28:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Basically, yes. But they would have to test it's movement, such as the parrot's wings when you walk. Regardless, it's minimal and can be done in one or two tests by a single OM without the help of players.

Or even done by a developer on their own test server that players can't access. There's little need for player testing, since the general framework is already in place due to the existing familiars (as I recall, there were some general bugs, but that was before I was playing).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 1, 2008 3:06:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

Or even done by a developer on their own test server that players can't access. There's little need for player testing, since the general framework is already in place due to the existing familiars (as I recall, there were some general bugs, but that was before I was playing).

Well every new thing has a few general bugs. Which actually might explain the limited few familiars on this ocean, and why no more have been given out since.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Nov 1, 2008 7:14:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates