• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8894 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Hooha123

The Gate Keepers Intent for Eieio! Reply to this Post

The Gate Keepers are going for Eieio on November First, (Nov. 1st) and we need your help to take this island! Speed was given a chance to run the island, he has let us down. He only sells sloops at the sheepyard. The sheepyard is one of the only 2 pirate owned shipyards and should be having more then just a sloop for sell.

Before this blockade even kicks off The Gate Keepers will be hosting Two! YES TWO!! Events. The Events are The Great Poe Race and The Great Ship Race.

The Great Poe Race is a Donation Run for the eieio block, Like paying jobbers and paying for other fee's, the 1st prize is when you hit 50K in donations, this will get you in the victory Painting and in The Dells main hall, And will get a solo Painting and this will hang in the dells office. 100K will get you a painting in the Main hall along with the Victory Picture, The Person who donates the most Poe will win a WF or GF. So earn a lot of Poe and donate it to the eieio block fund.

The Great ship Race is counted by how many ships you donate to the blockade. Even if we do not use your ship it still counts, the prize for the person who donates the most ships is a mangers spot at the sheepyard on eieio. This will be based off a point system; Sloops are 1 point, Cutters 2 points, Dhow 3 points, Longships- 4 points, WB?s and Baghlahs ? 5. Sorry nothing over a WB will be used. Even if you donate your ships and we do not use them they will still count to your points! All ships used will be returned to their rightful owners. I will keep a list of the ships donated with the names of the ships so there will be no confusion when the ships are to be returned.

Both of these events will end the 25th at 10PM game time! No late poe or ships will be counted.
Thank you;
Blondlady
----------------------------------------
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hooha123 at Oct 16, 2008 5:40:26 PM]
[Oct 16, 2008 5:38:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Re: The Gate Keepers Intent for Eieio! Reply to this Post

He only sells sloops at the sheepyard. The sheepyard is one of the only 2 pirate owned shipyards and should be having more then just a sloop for sell.

Heh, just wanted to clear something up... The Sheepyard is currently able to (And has) make anything up to a war brig, it's simply a matter of being short on wood when you checked.

Never the less, see you on the blockade board! Yarr
Emmett
[Oct 16, 2008 6:15:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

Still i have been waiting for about 2 weeks to order more then a sloop and it has not happened
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 16, 2008 6:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinbad

Then sell some wood to it.
A Nefarious Miscreant
It's not an Avatar, it's an AvaTart
Truvie wrote: 
Just remember...Ignorance can be cured with education. Stupid is forever!

[Oct 17, 2008 6:24:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

He only sells sloops at the sheepyard. The sheepyard is one of the only 2 pirate owned shipyards and should be having more then just a sloop for sell.

Heh, just wanted to clear something up... The Sheepyard is currently able to (And has) make anything up to a war brig, it's simply a matter of being short on wood when you checked.

Never the less, see you on the blockade board! Yarr

I'm afraid this argument doesn't wash for a player-run shipyard, my friends. And an upgraded shoppe should be turning out Grand Frigates without any push from outside.

Yes, a ringer shoppe has an excuse to get low on wood, but our expectations are a little higher when you put in enough effort to blockade and win.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 17, 2008 6:44:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

Good luck in the blockade! (ps. What's the use of WF/GF on ice?)
Trogo on Viridian.
[Oct 17, 2008 8:07:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Well, I've got a WF stocked and ready to go for the next really big thing to drop, someday.
[Oct 17, 2008 10:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Forage maybe?
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Oct 17, 2008 12:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zeuis

Then sell some wood to itbuy from my Ship yard on Fort Royal.

:)
Johanson wrote:

Age: Old enough to know how to do it and young enough to do it all night.

Zeuis, Princess of SoS.
[Oct 17, 2008 12:51:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Madmathilde

I'm afraid this argument doesn't wash for a player-run shipyard, my friends. And an upgraded shoppe should be turning out Grand Frigates without any push from outside.

Yes, a ringer shoppe has an excuse to get low on wood, but our expectations are a little higher when you put in enough effort to blockade and win.

I'll quote ye on that if Stella Maris ever makes good on their own "let's take Eieio back from absentee/otherwise-not-good-enough flags" talk and has their chance to do not much better than the previous flag....
Gwendolyn Bleu,
ubiquitously Gwennie
Midnight: Marooned Marauders of the flag Fairwinds
[Oct 17, 2008 4:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I'll quote ye on that if Stella Maris ever makes good on their own "let's take Eieio back from absentee/otherwise-not-good-enough flags" talk and has their chance to do not much better than the previous flag....

Please refer to my resume of governing Amity Island on Sage for League of Light, and managing the shipyard on Fort Royal for Ice Cream.

I'll do just fine again, if jobbers decide to line up behind me.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Oct 17, 2008 5:02:15 PM]
[Oct 17, 2008 5:01:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

Then sell some wood to itbuy from my Ship yard on Fort Royal.

:)

yes that is possible, just nothing else out there for fun to do, mabye if there was another island out there it would be easier so you can just run around between the two islands if you need stock and so on.
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 17, 2008 9:59:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mennik

can you pirates realy sink speed lol
and don't forget that no 1 is ever happy whit how a island is controlled last time when infamy controlled it no 1 was happy either lol
mennik-sage/ice
needle-ice
and nick-man4 on all other communitys
[Oct 18, 2008 2:52:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zeuis

No 1 was happy either lol

Probally becuase she only logged on every 2 weeks.

On another note, I will happily chart anyone FR-shatter or FR-Cold Spring. If that is a reason ya do not want to buy from FR.

And as far as no pillage routes near FR goes, I feel FR-shatter is the best. I regularly hit 40-60k a battle with 6 on a sloop.
Johanson wrote:

Zeuis, Princess of SoS.
[Oct 18, 2008 5:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

No 1 was happy either lol

Probally becuase she only logged on every 2 weeks.

On another note, I will happily chart anyone FR-shatter or FR-Cold Spring. If that is a reason ya do not want to buy from FR.

And as far as no pillage routes near FR goes, I feel FR-shatter is the best. I regularly hit 40-60k a battle with 6 on a sloop.

yes, inf did a good job running it at 1st then she just up and left. its more of that I don’t want to have to spend all that time transporting a lot of ships. Like yes it is a very good route so is Wyeth to W.W. just very time consuming so it gets old. You know?

Oh and Kelly did a good job with Eieio, they put that island back together and it looks very nice now.
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 8:09:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

Well, im glad we will have some other boats to have "fun" with on the blockade board this time round. But I am a bit disappointed Blondie, as we have only had one short time when we were only able to make sloops. I apologize for it, ill try not to let it happen between now and the next kade. I know I have not been able to log on too too much in the last week, school and hockey had me a bit booked, but of course that is no real excuse. There are obviously more people out there that do have more time on their hands and can play a lot longer. ( not that there is anything wrong with that ). I will make sure that we can sell at least dhows at all times, and if anybody does complain about duration times, all I can ask is take a job. We had a very strong initial work rush, but our workers have gone dormant or just left. Ask a few friends, we can make it work.

I find it very amusing that your event " The Great Poe Race " is based on the fact that you will "win" Eieio. The portrait yada yada, I feel bad for the people that donate to the fund and you end up losing, in fact, if that happens, ill gladly put their portrait up for free. Considering im on the subject, feel free to ask me if you want a portrait hung up in The Dell, the walls are a bit empty anyway. Now, I have a question for your Ship donation event. Lets say you do win Eieio, and you return the ships. Now what? Your empty handed again, I can easily make enough money from pillaging to retake the island if the scenario occurs, but can you?

If anybody has thoughts they want me to know ( good or bad, I like em both ) PLEASE! tell me. I can try my best to fix anything I have done poorly while running Eieio.

Thanks,

Speed / Le Couer de Feu / Volcanic
Gameplay on Midnight ( and most oceans )
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 3:05:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

Speed, just to let you know that its been more then a "little" bit of time that you have only been selling sloops.

Yes, the great poe race and the great ship race are both based off if I win, but its not like iv not thought of that, I have thought of that and will be willing to give alternate prizes if I don’t win. Yes I am giving back their ships, and the next time eieio opens up i will just hold another event and let the people decide who they want to support. These events are just for fun and gives people that wouldn’t have these things get them. When you first started on ice didn’t you dream of being manager at a shipyard, or having your picture in a palace on one of the only 2 large player owned islands? I know that I surely did.

So you just admitted that you have done a poor job at running eieio.. May I ask you why you should run it for another 2 months?
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hooha123 at Oct 18, 2008 3:50:31 PM]
[Oct 18, 2008 3:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

As many people on Ice know, governing Eieio was the first time I have ever governed an island, I have never even had outpost experience. Yes, I did make mistakes, but that should have been expected. We all know nobody is perfect, I am no exception. What is expected that if I keep governing I will improve on the mistakes I made the first time and have it run even better then before. Which of course is what I intend to do. I think it was a bit of an exaggeration to say I did a poor job, yes there is things I can improve on, but for the most part I feel confident in saying that it was an improvement to the previous running of the island and was an " ok " job on my part. I can promise you the next time will only get better.

Correct me if im wrong, there was about a weeks worth of time when sloops were the only thing available, its definitly not good, but it isn't the worst thing that could have happened. Now about your dreaming part, of course I did. Pretty much everybody dreams of having that island, I was overjoyed when I won Eieio. So on that note, anybody that wants their portrait in the Dell, lemme know, ill put it up.

Forums are a blast, eh? =D
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 4:26:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

And about Zeuis' Fr - Shatter route, I second that. It is a wonderful route to pilly on. Always good results.
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 4:31:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

it was more then a week lol more like 2-3 weeks. Yes we all do get better with time i agree with that 100% but how do you plan on making it better? I was not saying you made a mistake we all make mistakes its part of our nature. i was just pointing out that you said it yourself that you did a poor job may have been an exaggeration on your part by we can no hear the sarcasm in your voice, so not really good to use it over the fourms.
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 4:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

Quote where I say that.
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 5:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Yes we all do get better with time i agree with that 100% but how do you plan on making it better?

[Inside Joke]The only thing he did wrong was not using enough Mint paint![/Inside Joke]

On a real note, what was done so poorly, other then the lack of stock at the shipyard? If you honestly think that such a terrible job was done, it would be great to point those things out so they can be fixed in the future.

If you win, what will you do to fix the wrongs?
Emmett
[Oct 18, 2008 5:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

ok, so i am a strong beliver in events, even though this is only a test ocean dont you think that the 2 player owned large islands should be holding fun events? I would do events like ship races in blocks, bummper sloops, all those fun events that happen on the main ocean that dont on ice. What better way to test then do what you do on a main ocean? so just little things like that i have yet to see out of you all. i like that you all did do a event cade, but something should have been posted up in the fourms about that and mabye throw something in for the winner. Nothing to big like 10K to the winning ships capt. just the little things like that would be nice to see on ice.
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 18, 2008 6:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

ok, so i am a strong beliver in events, even though this is only a test ocean dont you think that the 2 player owned large islands should be holding fun events? I would do events like ship races in blocks, bummper sloops, all those fun events that happen on the main ocean that dont on ice. What better way to test then do what you do on a main ocean? so just little things like that i have yet to see out of you all. i like that you all did do a event cade, but something should have been posted up in the fourms about that and mabye throw something in for the winner. Nothing to big like 10K to the winning ships capt. just the little things like that would be nice to see on ice.

To my knowledge, he did that. Theflash won the event blockade, and he got the deed to a bazaar (however you spell that)
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Oct 18, 2008 11:56:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zeuis

Fact is Speed has done what he said he would. Make the island better. I mean, before the Ship Yard was not even selling sloops, now it is. Ok, its not perfect, but did he ever say it would be?
Johanson wrote:

Zeuis, Princess of SoS.
[Oct 20, 2008 1:07:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

wrong the sheepyard was selling sloops even when inf took her "break"
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 20, 2008 3:30:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

Ya no kidding, for nearly 20k and I believe something around a 30 day duration........not exactly what most people are looking for on Ice.

And yes, Flash was given a prize for the event. Im not sure which one, but a deed to one of the bazaars was the prize.

By the way, you never did quote where I say " I did a poor job governing Eieio" =)
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Edit 2 times, last edit by IceSpeed at Oct 20, 2008 5:47:44 PM]
[Oct 20, 2008 5:44:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Speed Said:

I did a poor job governing Eieio" =)

:O he admits it!

Nah just kidding Speed did awsome no1 will ever be perfect, your'll will always be whinning about gouvenors.
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Oct 20, 2008 6:03:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hooha123

just saying that she still did have sloops, if you wanted one faster take a job you know?
Blondlady Of Colbalt
Blondlady of Ice
[Oct 20, 2008 8:14:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

Why don't we all get along?!

Speed did well, but he also wanted competition last blockade, which he will now get. Speed gets to fight for his island, and whoever wins, can try and do better, which is what Hooha wants. So go for a fair fight, and let the better man (or woman) win.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Oct 20, 2008 10:16:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates