• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2524 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
lesleywalker

Palace shoppe sloops Reply to this Post

Just a curious question, has it always been possible to buy sloops in the Palace Shoppe on Ice?
----------------------------------------
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Oct 13, 2008 2:56:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

Re: Palace shoppe sloops Reply to this Post

Yes it has. Due to the lack of shipyards sloops have always been purchaseable from the palace.

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Oct 13, 2008 4:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Sloops are purchaseable from the Shoppe on all brand-new oceans due to lack of shipyards.

By a mere prediction, I suppose this means that sloops may not have been available in this way until Ice was wiped for its "cold start-ocean test" prior to the release of Viridian.

Sloops are still available in this way on Ice, because nobody has bothered to turn this feature off. And it remains somewhat useful.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Oct 13, 2008 8:21:27 AM]
[Oct 13, 2008 8:20:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Sloops are purchaseable from the Shoppe on all brand-new oceans due to lack of shipyards.

By a mere prediction, I suppose this means that sloops may not have been available in this way until Ice was wiped for its "cold start-ocean test" prior to the release of Viridian.

Sloops are still available in this way on Ice, because nobody has bothered to turn this feature off. And it remains somewhat useful.

Actually, palace sloops have always been available on Ice. Even during the doubloon testing phase. I suspect that the palace sloops part is intertwined with the lower requirements to start a crew on Ice, because awhile ago, there were a lot of complaints over the 7k palace sloops (which lead to the price increase to 15k). And on all oceans to date (not counting Midnight, as that predates the Palace Shoppe and there were zero requirements to start a crew in the early stages there) had both the palace sloops and the low captaincy requirements shut off at the same time.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Oct 13, 2008 9:09:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Aye, I remember the days of 7k palace sloops, just wish I would have stocked up on them back then.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Oct 13, 2008 10:16:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Awesome, thanks for all the answers. I wish I'd noticed that back when I needed my first sloop and it took a month to get one made.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Oct 14, 2008 1:24:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Actually, palace sloops have always been available on Ice. Even during the doubloon testing phase.

That is what I said. What I don't know is if they were available before doubloon testing.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 14, 2008 11:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Ice didn't exist prior to doubloon testing. The wipe you refer to took place AFTER the doubloon testing.

If you are referring to the old Azure Ocean, it was completely separate, and removed after the Alchemistry test. I'm assuming that was done because the decision to copy Midnight's data to Azure caused the server to lag horribly. Ice might be on the hardware that Azure used to be on, but there's no way to know for sure (except by Ringer confirmation) and even then I don't think calling them the same ocean is valid.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Oct 14, 2008 3:26:49 PM]
[Oct 14, 2008 3:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates