• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 67
Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11030 times and has 66 replies Next Thread
Arcturus
Developer

Ice Release 10/10 - 10/13 Reply to this Post

2008-10-14

• Fix bug with ordered-navvers charting courses.
  • New limited edition portraits: Bootlegpatch's Night of the Living Pumpkins, Ickessler's Skellies, Merethif's Fruit Manor, and Nordenx's Dragoon Kin.
  • Bring back Halloween portraits: Ye Dread Dead, Jack O Lantern, Nordenx's Skull Island.
  • Fix bug with cannons auto-clearing on the Attack Brigands mission - that is only supposed to affect the Gunning mission.
  • Fixed problem where some scenes would not load (and some pirates could load very few scenes
  • Atlantis monsters now will respawn to fill in as you've defeated the monsters in an area a bit quicker so that less waiting around is required.

2008-10-10 Part 2

• Fix zombies showing up as normal humans.
  • Fix vessel, building and crew records appearing in reverse order.
  • Fix gunnery boards changing after cannons are fired.
  • Fix duty puzzles stopping after the first few pieces in blockades and Atlantis.
  • Fix sound in Java 6 on Macs.

2008-10-10

• Pirates ordered to navigate may change the ship's course.
  • Brigand kings holding islands show their power on the blockade board.
  • While in a safe zone, vessels will no longer generate special maneuver tokens (double-move, etc).
  • Layout change to the palace shoppe's top area - won't be so evident on Ice
  • Playing poker at high-buyin tables now requires some poker experience
  • Navy vessels no longer show might rings and radar blips.
  • Hearty name underlining now applies to names with faces as well as in-scene.
  • When you fill all four cannons in the navy gunning mission, fire them off so you can fill em again.
  • Vessel Speed indicator now reads in speed relative to maximum for the vessel - this means that a frigate at max speed will now show a FULL dial.
  • Fix some issues with the Notice Board News page, especially relating to the Home/Houses button.
  • Atlantis treasure awarding now better takes into account how long pirates were in Atlantis
  • Fixed bug where a brigand king taking over an outpost could cancel already-finished orders in a shoppe on the outpost.
  • Fixed bug that sometimes sent errors to chat while in foraging practice mode reminding them (repeatedly) that they cannot get commodities
  • Fixed bug with intro mission navy payouts.
  • Fixed bug in drinking where we would sometimes report inaccurate final scores.
  • Fixed bug where users whose chat circle has disappeared while on board a vessel didn't go back to vessel chat automatically.
  • Increased time before users are auto-logged-out after idling
  • The Return of Autumn Leaves
  • Some underlying changes to management of swabbies/bots - shouldn't have any affect, but if you see any bots acting weird, file a /bug

----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Arcturus at Oct 13, 2008 4:20:28 PM]
[Oct 10, 2008 4:52:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Ice Release 10-10 Reply to this Post

Wow, nice clean-up stuff. Thanks.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 10, 2008 4:55:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

Very nice update, mate. Thanks.

ps - feel like poking the automated tourneys back into action? I miss my poe-fountain.
Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Oct 10, 2008 4:56:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

Return of Autumn Leaves

what is the autumn leaves?

and also this release looks really nice :D

edit:

Pirates ordered to navigate may change the ship's course.

can they now click sail too? instead of the officer on board having to?
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Edit 2 times, last edit by randompanzy at Oct 10, 2008 4:59:15 PM]
[Oct 10, 2008 4:57:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

When you fill all four cannons in the navy gunning mission, fire them off so you can fill em again.

YES. THANKS. A LOT. YES. THANK YOU. YES. YES.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Oct 10, 2008 5:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

also i was wondering

Increased time before users are auto-logged-out after idling

how much time is it now?
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Oct 10, 2008 5:17:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Stop giving the Zombies their reconstructive surgery!
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Oct 10, 2008 5:53:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Oh my god. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Vessel Speed indicator now reads in speed relative to maximum for the vessel - this means that a frigate at max speed will now show a FULL dial.

This doesn't seem right to me. Not sure I can explain it well, but I don't like that I know need to learn to convert between several sets of scales. I liked that if the sail indicator was half filled (on any sized ship) I knew exactly how fast that is. Now I need to say "okay I'm at half speed, but I'm on Ship X, so really I'm at 1/3 speed or whatever.

Imagine taking the numbers off all speedometers then realize you have to drive various different cars.

I'm not sure it's very important, but like I said, it doesn't seem right to me.

Everything else is awesome.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Oct 10, 2008 6:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Yes, I'm kind of with Cire there, and would think it would lead to a lot of confusion, if people ever paid attention to how fast their ship was really going for any reason that mattered. I probably would've just thrown up a "max" line on the bigger ships instead of changing the dial.

I decided I never needed to know and didn't much care, so not that important in the big picture.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 10, 2008 6:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

• When you fill all four cannons in the navy gunning mission, fire them off so you can fill em again.

Not sure about this change. If you abandon station after they fire, do you get 4 clean guns again? It almost seems like this change discourages people from filling 4 guns, since it's easier to start with 4 clean guns than 4 dirty ones. That is unless you increase the penalty for leaving a gunning board without filling all the guns.

• Playing poker at high-buyin tables now requires some poker experience
  • Atlantis treasure awarding now better takes into account how long pirates were in Atlantis

LOVE these changes! <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by B_licker at Oct 10, 2008 6:25:55 PM]
[Oct 10, 2008 6:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

Not sure about this change. If you abandon station after they fire, do you get 4 clean guns again? It almost seems like this change discourages people from filling 4 guns, since it's easier to start with 4 clean guns than 4 dirty ones. That is unless you increase the penalty for leaving a gunning board without filling all the guns.

I was not aware that there is a penalty for leaving a gunning board. If the guns are dirty and need to be washed out, few people will stay and do that, unless they have a really great board.
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Oct 10, 2008 7:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

So I tried the gunning thing, and after I filled all four guns they fired, but the puzzle stopped and didn't allowed me to keep gunning. Is that the normal behaviour now?
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Oct 10, 2008 8:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Madmathilde

After 10-10 update I could not use my sloops or my bungalow - the scenes wouldn't load and chat, booty, crew, and ahoy panels would be disabled until I went someplace else. I uninstalled and reinstalled client, changed the shortcut to make sure it was pointing to Java 1.6.0_07 - no joy. I went to one sloop and reclaimed all furniture - no difference - reclaimed pets - and the sloop worked. I re-placed furntiture and it still worked - as soon as I added a pet (other than my equipped one) it stopped working and again scenes wouldn't load.

I reclaimed pets at the bungalow and the house started working correctly too. Oddly though, in the two main rooms a pet is showing still in the room - even though they are showing in my booty panel as unplaced, unequipped pets.

For suggestions and comparisons:
PC, Windows 2000 Pro, 256MB RAM, Athlon 1200 CPU, Raedon 64MB video card (a bit obsolete, but running ok with latest driver).
Gwendolyn Bleu,
ubiquitously Gwennie
Midnight: Marooned Marauders of the flag Fairwinds
[Oct 10, 2008 8:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Return of Autumn Leaves

what is the autumn leaves?

The trees are now not just green but they are in fall colors, as in, the leaves are changing....Just a sign to me that Halloween fun is fast approaching.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Oct 10, 2008 8:39:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Having had some serious problems with 'young', 'new' officers this summer over abusing sloop pillage priviledges, All I can see is The Nightmare when I read Ordered to nav can change course.
( can't believe I missed that discussion either!)

That, and extending the time till log-out.. rolls eyes..just gives 'Opportunity' to the kids who want pay for no work while they eat dinner, take out the dog, do homework, watch TV.
.. or having one's alts on a ship to get paid for nothing, but make ship might enough to count in a blockade etc. And... save on jobber pay.. get more stuffs in atlantis, be hiding game at work or playing on 3 or 4 ocean at once.

Hearty names underlined in pictures??? I hope this was because it helped reduce lag or something.. crosses eyes..

Chat circle on a ship??? Chat circle on a ship ...Scratches head.. Disappears???

Chat returning to vessel chat automatically. although I have no idea what this is .. I have had huge trouble with Tell names in tell box being incorrect when tell appears on screen. Chats switching to or out of the current chat you carefully picked and are typing in.
doesn't matter what location , number of others about, whether in or out of a game/station etc.. land or sea.. and I do not mean accidently flipping up a /fo or /Pirate name etc.( I do believe they pop up unasked for tho too )

And..V.I.P.
If war frig is only ship that will show a FULL speed indicator..*** have you also changed the way that new speed system relates to station puzzle scoring

Wondering and Wandering
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Oct 10, 2008 8:58:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Having had some serious problems with 'young', 'new' officers this summer over abusing sloop pillage priviledges, All I can see is The Nightmare when I read Ordered to nav can change course.
( can't believe I missed that discussion either!)

Being able to allow someone else to chart your ship without deed swapping has been requested for years. I personally don't see any bad from the change, since few people are ordered to nav in the first place. Also keep in mind that giving someone another order will remove their navigation authorization (same goes for gunning).

That, and extending the time till log-out.. rolls eyes..just gives 'Opportunity' to the kids who want pay for no work while they eat dinner, take out the dog, do homework, watch TV.
.. or having one's alts on a ship to get paid for nothing, but make ship might enough to count in a blockade etc. And... save on jobber pay.. get more stuffs in atlantis, be hiding game at work or playing on 3 or 4 ocean at once.

A good XO will be able to spot these and deal with them. I'm pretty sure this hasn't extended the time until the Zzz's appear.

Hearty names underlined in pictures??? I hope this was because it helped reduce lag or something.. crosses eyes..

Another feature that was requested. And since hearties are underlined in scenes already, what's the difference? Though personally I'd like an option to turn off the underlines.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Oct 10, 2008 9:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maialiana

• Brilliant!

• Wheee this makes board sitting in the navy so much fun! Jewelled cannon here I come!
    I'm curious as to how this will affect the scoring curve across the oceans, but I have a feeling it will affect the way the newer players will gun.

• Vessel Speed indicator now reads in speed relative to maximum for the vessel - this means that a frigate at max speed will now show a FULL dial.

• I guess the next step will then be determining the relative maximum speeds for each vessel? Using a 'max line' as suggested by another player above would help in determining this, and would probably please quite a few players, although having no max line is certainly more realistic.

• Looking forward to seeing how this works out!

XXX greeter chats, "wat is this chat for than anyway"
    YYYY greeter chats, "idk its just that theres 1 rule and that we arnt alowd to chat in

[Oct 10, 2008 10:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hai=/=Hi, Hai=Yes [Link]  Go to top 
    Aspirer

Just reading this summary made me cry Yesss! several times. :D

• Fixed bug where users whose chat circle has disappeared while on board a vessel didn't go back to vessel chat automatically.

• Fix zombies showing up as normal humans.

• That made me laugh: "Um, yeah, we're the zombies, but there was a problem with our outfits, so just pretend we look scary, ok? BrAiNs..."
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    Mokume of Viridian and Malachite
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    [Oct 11, 2008 6:11:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BlackBeth

Ugh. I'm glad this was looked into but it is still more broken than fixed. The big probelm wasn't not having the chat switch back to Vessel, it is having the chat switch out of Vessel to Speak in the first place. It's far too easy to be accidentally pulled into a chat circle, especially on a large ship, without realizing it. Having your chat automatically switch so that you are no longer talking to the whole ship is a huge pain.

Also, if you accept a trade request while on a ship, it automatically puts you into Speak, even if you where you were standing prevented you from actually getting into a chat circle. (Note that this happens to the recipient of the trade request only, not the one who initiated it.)
    Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
    [Oct 11, 2008 8:18:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
    HiimEric2001

Yea, I definitely agree that automatically switching to speak is an awful terrible thing. This change was already made once a couple years ago. Everyone hated it so a few days later Nemo said they were getting rid of it. Why is this "feature" coming back to haunt us?

Edit: The first coming.
    Cire
    Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by HiimEric2001 at Oct 11, 2008 8:51:22 AM]
    [Oct 11, 2008 8:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    yummyyumm

• I guess the next step will then be determining the relative maximum speeds for each vessel? Using a 'max line' as suggested by another player above would help in determining this, and would probably please quite a few players, although having no max line is certainly more realistic.

Assuming I understand the update correctly, I think whenever a ship of ANY type is at max speed, it will be a full indicator. Not only on the WF. A few people seem to be misunderstanding that.
    [Oct 11, 2008 8:36:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    B_licker

I guess the next step will then be determining the relative maximum speeds for each vessel? Using a 'max line' as suggested by another player above would help in determining this, and would probably please quite a few players, although having no max line is certainly more realistic.

From a study I did previously:
    Sloops, cutter, dhows: 1 min/lp
    MBs, WBs, baghlahs: 1:15/lp
    WFs, MGs: 1:40/lp

If sloops have a max speed of 100%, then medium ships have a max of 80% and large ships have a max of 60%.
    [Oct 11, 2008 8:41:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

Assuming I understand the update correctly, I think whenever a ship of ANY type is at max speed, it will be a full indicator. Not only on the WF. A few people seem to be misunderstanding that.

I mean, duuh! Even me, with English as a second language, understood any ship that is at max speed will show with the full sail indicator.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 

[Oct 11, 2008 10:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    TBPOTN7

I guess the next step will then be determining the relative maximum speeds for each vessel? Using a 'max line' as suggested by another player above would help in determining this, and would probably please quite a few players, although having no max line is certainly more realistic.

If sloops have a max speed of 100%, then medium ships have a max of 80% and large ships have a max of 60%.

is this long/short or average LP?
    [Oct 11, 2008 11:10:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mennik

how many exp do you need to have now to poker on a 20-200 200-2k
    2k-20k and 20k-200k poker tables?
    mennik-sage/ice
    needle-ice
    and nick-man4 on all other communitys
    [Oct 11, 2008 12:58:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Riz

There is no experience restriction on 20-200 tables.

200-2k requires Neophyte.
    2k-20k requires Apprentice.
    20k-200k requires Narrow.
    [Oct 11, 2008 1:07:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    B_licker

is this long/short or average LP?

short (diagonal) LP
    [Oct 11, 2008 2:30:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    alksy3

Does this mean you no longer need the deed to chart for someone?
    Bandwagon-Sage

Joccai wrote: 
    if you weren't such a ploodiling greifwanderer

[Oct 11, 2008 2:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    seb_long_uk

Is this confirmed as true? I'd like it far more if the division was more like:
    Neophyte / Solid / Expert
    Domokun
    Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
    [Oct 11, 2008 4:13:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
    Riz

Is this confirmed as true? I'd like it far more if the division was more like:
    Neophyte / Solid / Expert

Yes, it is confirmed, and you can confirm it yourself simply by using a Novice level poker character (or creating one, if you are already higher than Narrow), and attempting to create the appropriate level tables, which is exactly what I did to make the above list.

And for what it's worth, I more or less completely agree with your suggested levels. Narrow instead of Solid for 2k-20k, perhaps, but Expert for 20k-200k, yes.
    [Oct 11, 2008 4:20:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates