• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1287 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
muffy

inter-archipelago maps Reply to this Post

Assuming that an island in an archipelago has been colonized and a shipwright built, would it not then be reasonable that that shipwright would also publish maps to other colonized archipelagos? Right now, specifically Guava-Cnossos.
----------------------------------------
[Aug 1, 2003 4:52:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Re: inter-archipelago maps Reply to this Post

I can't find the post, but I am pretty sure Cleaver said that this is coming. Or at least that they were considering it.

Edit: Hmm... This is all I can find.

Cleaver wrote: 
We are considering a change so that shipyards sell maps to their adjacent islands and one hop further, which would basically cover the whole archipelago. But right now, maps need to be pillaged.

It doesn't mention anything about maps to other archipelagos, but it sounds like they are weighing various issues before revising the map sales.
[Aug 1, 2003 5:10:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Map economy Reply to this Post

The whole map economy is sort of partially baked right now. My original idea was that once you sailed a map a bunch of times you could make copies of it -- one per sail... which would ease the -must-pillage-more-to-get-maps-problem.

As many folks know if you coattail me in game I can often be persuaded to give out a free map (like Cnossos - Guava, do not come asking for Pearl or Sapphire maps!)
[Aug 1, 2003 8:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
garf

Re: inter-archipelago maps Reply to this Post

where did the original "memorize it" idea go? is it still on the list?

i very much liked the idea that once i charted (and sailed) a course several times, i wouldnt need a map for it any more. then, instead of making a copy, i could just trade it away. or i could just use the maps on the ships to memorize.
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Aug 1, 2003 9:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates