• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1621 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
amyliz33

Familiar Emote Reply to this Post

Simple idea - emotes for familiars. It would be purely aesthetics, but it would be a fun tweak! :)

/femote scampers up the mast.
vs.
/em watches Handsey scamper up the mast.

I guess this would require naming of familiars as well... but wouldn't it be cool to receive tells sent to your familiar?
----------------------------------------
Nazdar & Amyliz
[Sep 2, 2004 8:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lucretzia

Re: Familiar Emote Reply to this Post

Why code something entirely cosmetic that only a fraction of a percentage of the community will ever get to enjoy?
[Sep 2, 2004 8:32:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    high+alchemitrix [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

amyliz33 wrote: 
Simple idea - emotes for familiars. It would be purely aesthetics, but it would be a fun tweak! :)

/femote scampers up the mast.
vs.
/em watches Handsey scamper up the mast.

I guess this would require naming of familiars as well... but wouldn't it be cool to receive tells sent to your familiar?

It would be better, if ye could send tells from your familiar. That would scare the hell out of people. Okay, some people. Okay, small amount of people.

On topic, I agree with Lucretzia on this one.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Sep 2, 2004 8:47:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

at which point, the familar should show up in /who also so we know who to complain when an octopus gets a bit too amourous or when a monkey starts swearing at greenies.
[Sep 2, 2004 8:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

Just do this:

/me 's monkey checks himself for fleas.

You need to put a space between "/me" and the apostrophe, and there's an extra space in the chat line, but everyone knows what you mean. This is a handy trick in other situations:

/me 's scimitar thirsts for blood!
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Sep 2, 2004 12:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galen

Sort of off topic... not trying to steal the thread but this subject gave me an idea/suggestion.

I know a lot of people (99% of the community) wants to have a familiar. I fully recognize that this is not going to happen and I agree with it 100%. The prestige of owning a familiar would decline rapidly if everyone with a bit of poe could own one.

In an effort to try to satisfy the community, and inspired by a certain parrot named poepoe (and the flag that the parrot owns), I have come up with a couple of suggestions.

1. Flag familiars. If a flag reaches a certain milestone, they are awarded with 1 famliar. Hopefully this would be shared, over time, with the members of the crews in the flag. It would let people who might never get to own a familiar have the chance to tote one around for a few days. It would also instill some pride in the flag and crews. The milestone could be something like minimum number of pirates in the flag, owning an island, or duration of the existence of the flag (a long time flag that's been around for awhile but isn't really large might be rewarded to offset large flags from monopolizing the familiars).

2. Island familiars. Each island might have 1 familiar that people could 'rent' from the market place or what not. This would be limited of course so that 1 person wouldn't infinitely rent a familiar. This would act as a money sink since renting would most likely be pricey. A problem with this would be the rich pirates get the familiar or so many people are in line to rent the familiar that it would take an incredibly long time to get the little critter.

My apologies if this was already discussed. I know pet shops were discussed but I don't want this option. I want to keep familiars limited in number, but allow more pirates (that around ultimates in everything) to have at least a chance to own one.
-Increase

Retired Governor of Spring
[Sep 2, 2004 2:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

An emote followed by an ' should exclude the space. That seems simple enough to code. Rarely, I have encountered this situation.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Sep 2, 2004 3:19:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Quakeypoo

Unless familiars become alot easier to get, it ain't gonna happen.
Retired, but still Forum tarting,
Proud to have served under Roust
--Quake of the Cobalt Ocean
[Oct 17, 2005 6:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amyliz33

Wow. Nice bump.

Good times, good times...
Nazdar & Amyliz
[Oct 17, 2005 6:36:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skington

Galen wrote: 
1. Flag familiars. If a flag reaches a certain milestone, they are awarded with 1 famliar. Hopefully this would be shared, over time, with the members of the crews in the flag. It would let people who might never get to own a familiar have the chance to tote one around for a few days. It would also instill some pride in the flag and crews. The milestone could be something like minimum number of pirates in the flag, owning an island, or duration of the existence of the flag (a long time flag that's been around for awhile but isn't really large might be rewarded to offset large flags from monopolizing the familiars).

If a flag wants a familiar, they can fund-raise and bid at the regular auction. We did, after all.
Leaddolphin, Captain of Serve No Porpoise, Valiant Prince on Cobalt. I want your Plaices!
The Vampire Muroni wrote: 
the hubby teases me when he catches me reading the back of shampoo bottles or the Thesaurus.

[Oct 18, 2005 3:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates