• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 200
Posts: 200   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45793 times and has 199 replies Next Thread
Pianoman1125

YPPedia Status Thread Reply to this Post

I figure, we have a status thread for everything else. Might as well have one for the wiki. :)

With the latest bug fix release this evening, logins to the YPPedia have now been restored. Continue to feed your massive editing fixation!

Main Page

~The Maestro
----------------------------------------
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Sep 24, 2008 10:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: YPPedia Status Thread Reply to this Post

Fixed an ip blocking issue a moment ago. If you are still having problems, try logging out, clearing the cache and logging back in. Sorry!
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Dec 12, 2008 12:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

There may be some issues with saving edits. It's being looked into.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Feb 26, 2009 11:18:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alfwyn

YPPedia is really slow all day now. And it doesn't display our changed Navigation sidebar (MediaWiki:Sidebar) anymore. Only the english side seems to be affected, german/spanish YPPedia appear to be fine.

Edit: Whatever the cause, it seems to be gone now. Working like a charm again.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alfwyn at Dec 8, 2010 7:13:42 AM]
[Dec 7, 2010 11:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bge44

Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone has a Stately crew/flag hall to add some pictures to Yppedia, it's pretty irritating not being able to see how one looks like before you buy it. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help whit that! :)
Bge - Sage Ocean
[Dec 15, 2010 9:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alfwyn

There were a few technical problems with the pirate hall article getting too big and troubles editing it. But you are right, this is something that should be updated - editing Stately pirate hall is probably the way to go. If we find another solution to the problem we can just copy whatever went there.

For the time being you can find some screenshots in the thread Flag / Crew Hall "Stately Hall" .
[Dec 15, 2010 9:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I was guided by an OM on-duty to post my issue here since these pages are kept up by players, figured this wouldn't probably need a thread of its own.

From yesterday, some of the trinket color grids are not showing up on their respective pages, such as:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bone_syrinx
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Spiky_coral
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Pirate_code

On the other hand, some are okay, like for example:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stinking_badges

I don't know if an edit was made that made this happen (yes, I'm that dumb to look at the recent changes and to figure it out) and all I know that I have tried deleting history and such, restarting the browser and rebooting my computer and tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox and the issue still persistently is there. If everyone else can see those example grids, then the problem is on my end and I need to move on somewhere else to find a solution. So, anyone else not seeing the grids?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jul 24, 2013 4:53:17 AM]
[Jul 24, 2013 4:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

From yesterday, some of the trinket color grids are not showing up on their respective pages, such as:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bone_syrinx
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Spiky_coral
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Pirate_code

When I check the "history" tab for each of those three pages, I don't see where we had the color grids for them at all. Probably, no one has made the color grids for these, at least not yet.

Hope this helps.
Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 24, 2013 5:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

There's definitely been colour grids for Bone Syrinx and Spiky Coral in the past. I'd wager Pirate Code has had one, too.

I can't see the grids now either ):
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 24, 2013 5:30:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

It looks like something may have broken (or been broken) in one of the "trinket basic paragraph" templates, but it's going to require way more research and experimentation than I'm able to do at this time of night...
[Jul 24, 2013 5:39:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

There's definitely been colour grids for Bone Syrinx and Spiky Coral in the past. I'd wager Pirate Code has had one, too.

I can't see the grids now either ):

(plays around further)...

Aye, you're right. (Sorry for the bad info, Sizzly.)
[Jul 24, 2013 5:54:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

For what it's worth, I think it seems to fall purely along category lines.
Works:
* BK
* VR
* BM
* Seasonal

Doesn't Work:
* BC
* CI
* Atl
* HS
* Gold Box
* IO
* Pins/Medals
* Palace Shoppe (non-seasonal)

That may or may not make it easier to find...
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Jul 24, 2013 4:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I thought this thread was for server status and MediaWiki software updates. It's turned into just another article-improvement thread.

Not that those threads are bad, but PNT is there for a reason.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jul 24, 2013 9:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I thought this thread was for server status and MediaWiki software updates. It's turned into just another article-improvement thread.

Not that those threads are bad, but PNT is there for a reason.

Well, you can blame me. I'm terribly sorry I brought this issue up.

Edit: To make it clear and avoid the usual comments, sorry that I brought this issue up IN THIS THREAD. Too bad I can't change that anymore. So is the world with gratefulness, once again. Yes, I'm totally hurt and insulted.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jul 25, 2013 2:12:17 AM]
[Jul 25, 2013 12:22:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

jlh0605 wrote: 
For what it's worth, I think it seems to fall purely along category lines.

Aye, I had a feeling that was going to be the case. Thanks for producing that list - it's going to help a lot when I (or someone else, perhaps) can find the time.

LJAmethyst wrote: 
It's turned into just another article-improvement thread.

No, it's a fix-a-major-issue-with-a-template-that's-affecting-a-very-large-number-of-articles,-and-it's-very-good-that-someone-spotted-it thread.
[Jul 25, 2013 3:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

If I may continue, here's my input. (Please forgive me the dummy language and the unhelpfulness with the case at all, I am really hard trying to understand how these templates work and where the problem could be).

To me it looks like the problem arised after Jlh0605's edits to the "Template:Trinket basic paragraph" (after adding the last two fields 'GB' and 'LE'?). Also, there's a typo in '| prulal = yes / no' - does it have any effect (other than it seems to be mistyped in several of the templates)?

(Under 'Sample', this probably should be changed "{{LE box Trinket basic paragraph}} (Usage) — For rewards trinkets that can be obtained from Black market."?)

The navigation templates show up on the trinket pages:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Arcane_barnacle

but the color grids won't show up even on the template pages:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:Atlantis_Trinket_basic_paragraph

- does this help at all?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jul 25, 2013 6:02:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

To me it looks like the problem arose after Jlh0605's edits to the "Template:Trinket basic paragraph" (after adding the last two fields 'GB' and 'LE'?).

Actually, I didn't add GB - it was already there. I did add LE, though. I thought I was very careful in where I placed it, but it is entirely possible that I misplaced it (in which case, feel free to revert or fix, whichever is easier).

Also, there's a typo in '| prulal = yes / no' - does it have any effect (other than it seems to be mistyped in several of the templates)?

I have noticed, and wondered the same thing...

(Under 'Sample', this probably should be changed "{{LE box Trinket basic paragraph}} (Usage) ? For rewards trinkets that can be obtained from Black market."?)

Oops, that one was all my bad. Fixed.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jul 25, 2013 10:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Darn, you got to post before I got to edit my post, teehee. I'm sorry if it sounded like I'm rolling the blame on you Jamesh, wasn't my intention. Edits on that day just match the day I noticed that the color grids went missing.

So anyhoo. I'm pretty sure that I'm not helpful at all and the only thing I've figured out staring at these template pages for a good hour or so, is that the word 'plural' seems to be mistyped in several of them, not that it is the end of the world or would change anything :P (not that I would know that either...).
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jul 25, 2013 11:09:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Darn, you got to post before I got to edit my post, teehee. I'm sorry if it sounded like I'm rolling the blame on you Jamesh, wasn't my intention. Edits on that day just match the day I noticed that the color grids went missing.

If the blame rests on me, then I deserve it .. and how you said it was fine.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jul 25, 2013 11:21:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Added a couple curly brackets to the template and the trinkets are showing now. However, the actual trinket page is showing 2 extra ones, but I don't have time to see where they are. If someone template-savvy can take a look, it will be much appreciated.

Edit: I can type, really!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Jul 25, 2013 1:39:36 PM]
[Jul 25, 2013 1:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I'm trying not to post unnecessarily but does it matter that the field numbers in "Template:Trinket basic paragraph" for the last two have switched places?Edit: Took my time there. Good thing it's partially ok - sorry for my ramblings, but thought is what counts, right..:P
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jul 25, 2013 1:49:19 PM]
[Jul 25, 2013 1:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Notsizzly wrote: 
To me it looks like the problem arose after Jlh0605's edits to the "Template:Trinket basic paragraph" (after adding the last two fields 'GB' and 'LE'?).

jlh0605 wrote: 
Actually, I didn't add GB - it was already there. I did add LE, though. I thought I was very careful in where I placed it, but it is entirely possible that I misplaced it (in which case, feel free to revert or fix, whichever is easier).

I noticed that one straight away as well, but after looking through those changes, it didn't seem like they were the cause. However, it may be that I didn't look hard enough - Clotho's just now added in some braces, which has made all the grids reappear. However, it's also made extra braces appear underneath, sooo... more inspection may be required.

Possibly the issue here is too many nested templates?

Edit: And naturally Clotho comes here and posts exactly that before I can. =P

Notsizzly wrote: 
I'm trying not to post unnecessarily but does it matter that the field numbers in "Template:Trinket basic paragraph" for the last two have switched places?

Looks like it's only in the usage notes, so it shouldn't be causing any specific issues (save possibly for some confusion, but I don't think anyone ever numbers the parameters while using this template).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Jul 25, 2013 1:52:39 PM]
[Jul 25, 2013 1:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Added a couple curly brackets to the template and the trinkets are showing now. However, the actual trinket page is showing 2 extra ones, but I don't have time to see where they are. If someone template-savvy can take a look, it will be much appreciated.

And this is why I think the templates should be standardized - put seperate cases of a #switch or #if on different lines, like wikipedia does it....

Oh well, too late to start over... unless there's some easy way of doing this in bulk....
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jul 25, 2013 5:31:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Think I fixed it ;)

Edit: It may have taken away those 2 extra curly brackets, but can someone more familiar with it make sure I didn't break anything else? ;)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twittly at Jul 25, 2013 7:50:26 PM]
[Jul 25, 2013 7:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Think I fixed it ;)

For what it's worth, I have checked at least one trinket in each section, and they all work beautifully... for now, anyways.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Jul 25, 2013 8:53:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Think I fixed it ;)

For what it's worth, I have checked at least one trinket in each section, and they all work beautifully... for now, anyways.

I went checking around, too, and they look okay - of course, I can't say anything about the background works as I'm not familiar with it (my plan was to just try editing the template and check with preview as many times as it would've taken to see where the extras were >< #isopro ).

Big thank you to everyone, I'm very grateful - sorry that I wasn't much of a help ;)
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Jul 26, 2013 2:53:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

sorry that I wasn't much of a help ;)

Speaking for myself -- Vigilance is ALWAYS helpful.
Noticing a problem that requires a solution, and bringing such to the attention of those who can fix it, is always better then ignoring the problem. ;-)
These days, in "The Real World", far too many people prefer the "not my problem" attitude. >:-/
(And I hope I'm not sermonizing TOO much.) :-P
Again, thanks. ;-)

Sincerely,
Franklin
[Jul 26, 2013 10:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Yeah, but Franklin... you weren't any help. All you did was doubt.
[Jul 26, 2013 1:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jul 26, 2013 4:49:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

We are currently having some issues with YPPedia where in some cases it's slow to load and in others it just doesn't load at all. We've sent smoke signals to the developers - no info yet on how long this may take to fix, unfortunately.
[Sep 1, 2014 10:11:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 200   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates