• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14107 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Artemis
OceanMaster

Connectivity issues on 8/31 Reply to this Post

It looks like our ISP had some problems which resulted in our internet going down for several hours this morning. Things appear to be fixed now and you should be able to connect normally now.

If you have any problems resulting from the outage please submit a petition in the game and an Oceanmaster will get back to you as soon as they are able. Please be patient if we're not able to respond as quickly as usual.

If we have any further information or announcements we will post them here.

If you would like to discuss the downtime, post what you did to pass the time without Puzzle Pirates or share stories of the strange out of doors with the burning yellow eye above, feel free to do so here .
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at Aug 31, 2008 2:47:50 PM]
[Aug 31, 2008 2:30:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Re: Connectivity issues on 8/31 Reply to this Post

I wanted to add a personal apology for this catastrophe. I had a number of folks email my personal address asking about the downtime. At this time it looks like we were completely blameless and our colocation provider is going to get an earful from me on Tuesday, but ultimately it is I that must apologise to you for the prolonged downtime.

We may need to look into an off-site way to get status updates out, but hopefully such things will not happen often...
[Aug 31, 2008 2:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

It appears that the problem happened after our ISP replaced a router to fix some network problems which we've seen over the past few days. Obviously things didn't go exactly according to plan, although I don't really have any additional details at this time.

We do apologize for the downtime, we had our loudest and most obnoxious pirates sending war declarations and dropping war chests, but it wasn't until our infrastructure team finally blockaded the building that everything was able to be resolved. Rumor has it one of the Brigand Kings may have been indirectly responsible... Anyone with further information on this please post to the above link.
[Aug 31, 2008 3:07:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sophocles
First Mate

Ahoy

As noted above, Puzzle Pirates was partially inaccessible late last week and completely unavailable starting in the early hours of Sunday morning for around 10 hours.

First off, we apologize again to our players for this.

As Artemis mentioned, the problem was caused by our network provider ill-advisedly trading out the router that serves Puzzle Pirates and our other games at around 1am on Sunday morning. They determined on Thursday that the routers they were using were susceptible to certain kinds of network attacks and moved a little hastily to resolve the problem. As a result, we were unable respond to the problem until mid-morning Sunday California time.

Of course, this does not excuse the fact that many of you were unable to play the game during this period of outage. We feel your pain! As of today, we're adding an extra day to the subscriptions of all subscribed players and similarly extending the duration of all badges for doubloon players. If you are playing on the doubloon Oceans, you may need to log off and on again to see that this update has taken place.

Making sure that the companies we work with meet their obligations to keep the game running is our responsibility. The captain is attending to that issue as we speak. We hope the sub/dub extensions provide satisfactory recompense for the time you lost.
[Sep 3, 2008 5:08:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates