• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13682 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
Sagacious

Re: Monkey Ship page Reply to this Post

Mind you, I would have done it if I noticed this post first. No point in you going to all that effort for a project I started, Sagacious. =D

I'm recovering from severe tonsillitis right now - I needed something to keep me occupied :-)

Sorry if I spoilt it for you though
----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 7, 2008 6:27:42 PM]
[Sep 7, 2008 6:26:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Does the same ship always have the same monkeys? I went monkey ship hunting three days ago and again today on sloops, so I got the Petulant Kumquat. Both times, however, the monkeys on the ship were Laughing Milton, Animated Tocqueville, Giggling Descartes, Arboreal Schubert, Giggling Proust, Dexterous Pascal and Rapacious Vasari. Anyone else notice the same thing?

Sorry if I spoilt it for you though

It's ok - you have your fun. =)
[Sep 8, 2008 8:15:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BishopHawke

I have fought the Monkee Boat 3 times now on a solo sloop. All 3 times I was the only Pc onboard and once I had no fruit so I am thinking it does not matter if the ship is ladden or not.
Bishophawke

Fleet Officer in "The Pheonix Warrior's" Midnight

Senior Officer of the "Musketeer's of Sage"

Captain and Owner of the "Sea Raven "

Master Of the Sea dog "Ringo II"

and his Pi-Rat
[Sep 20, 2008 3:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    bishophawke2002@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

The wiki says: When they appear, they take the place of the ship carrying least fruit in the sea battle.

After several attempts of my alts solo PvPing each other, it finally worked, with one ship with 51 fruit on board (48 pineapples, 3 coconuts) and one with 106 fruit (80 pines, 26 rams). The ships with 51 fruit engaged the ship with 106 fruit, and the 51 fruit ship was the one that got into a monkey ship battle. This means the ship with more fruit was replaced for me not the least. Screen captures are available if evidence is needed.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sprngweather at Sep 21, 2008 7:49:52 PM]
[Sep 21, 2008 7:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

Could those more experienced in the ways of the Monkey Boat please tell me if there is a foolproof way to go hunting monkeys?

Assume 4 hearties and I want to go monkey hunting on a sloop. How do we rumble monkeys as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Good answers to my question should be put up on the YPPedia once we're allowed back in too.

Donall,
Thanking you in advance
Donall of Hunter

[Sep 21, 2008 11:16:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Could those more experienced in the ways of the Monkey Boat please tell me if there is a foolproof way to go hunting monkeys?

Assume 4 hearties and I want to go monkey hunting on a sloop. How do we rumble monkeys as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Good answers to my question should be put up on the YPPedia once we're allowed back in too.

Donall,
Thanking you in advance

YPPedia:

In particular, the monkeys like to target understaffed ships which try and engage in battle with another player vessel of the same crew.

Don't use a sloop. All the people on Hunter that I have talked to used a cutter and spawned the little critters faster every time. four humans and a one bot on a cutter is less than 50% of the staff you could fit on it. A sloop with four is obviously over 50% and seems to me harder to spawn them. For the records when we did the cutter ones we only had 3 humans aboard.

It all comes down to what is "understaffed".
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Sep 22, 2008 2:09:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

Don't use a sloop. All the people on Hunter that I have talked to used a cutter and spawned the little critters faster every time. four humans and a one bot on a cutter is less than 50% of the staff you could fit on it. A sloop with four is obviously over 50% and seems to me harder to spawn them. For the records when we did the cutter ones we only had 3 humans aboard.

So you had two cutters, each with 3 humans aboard attacking each other?
Donall of Hunter

[Sep 22, 2008 6:08:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Just a note here: The one time I got monkeyed (on Sage), I was soloing {note how understaffed I was)a merchant brig that had about 690 fruit on it. I got PVP'd by a cutter, I think with a yellow ring, so they probably had 2 or 3 on board. Since I was the most severely understaffed, I'm the one that got the monkey, not the cutter that was after one for itself, and no way a cutter, even full, could have the amount of fruit I had on my MB. The cutter wasn't in my crew; the only other 2 officers in our miniscule merchant crew were dormant at the time, so the PVP doesn't have to be from double-floating, although double-floating will make it more likely.

If you do two cutters, then, I would suggest one of you have 3 on board and the other have 4, and make note of how much fruit you have in your holds. Chances are the 3-person ship will get the monkey, regardless of fruit quantity, if both are understaffed, as three-person ship is more severely understaffed.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Sep 22, 2008 7:59:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

I used a sloop of alts (with some stats) to attack the cutter, if that failed then I would just disingage and use the cutter to re-engage the sloop. Not had time to test it more but it seemed we spawned monkeys faster when the cutters might ring was weaker than the sloops.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Sep 23, 2008 2:33:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

Like Gunnermooch; I used a Sloop and a Cutter.

The sloop was staffed with alts or pirates with some form of stats.
The Cutter was only 3 humans + 2 bots.
The Cutter was filled with fruit. The Cutter was understaffed.

It was a back & forth engagement of the two vessels but I could deffinately get the Monkey Boat to attack at least every 1 in 3 tries. It wasn't 100% fool-proof; but it was gauranteed that the Monkey Boat would attack.

I'm not sure if it helps, but the monkey ship was reproducable this way.
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Sep 23, 2008 7:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Multi year bump.

Going through forums for fun, checking things out, and decided to read up on this thread.

And then I realized, we have a new ship type since this originally came out: The Junk.

So, has anybody (Gunnermooch?) gone monkey hunting with a junk, and if so, have you found one and gotten the name of it?

If not, do you have a junk you'd be willing to test out?

If not, I have one (on Viridian, docked at Jubilee), but haven't been on much in the last year.

[Jan 3, 2011 2:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Another bump, but still within the same calendar year (barely).

Since my last post, we have what I tend to think of as a "baby junk" -- the fanchuan.

If someone could go on a MONKEE BOTE hunt this would be cool, so it could be added to the wiki.

Since the Fanchuan has the same crew requirements as the cutter/dhow, the sloop/cutter plan of Mooch's should work splendidly.

[Dec 13, 2011 9:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates