• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1698 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
simplybetter

Dragons Den! YPP! Edition! Reply to this Post

Ok, as many of you probably are, or mabie some of you not, aware that there is an on-going seiries on t.v called "Dragons Den". This program is about small businesses come to the panel of 5 investers, and tell them everything about their business, and ask for an investment of a certain amount of money, and say how much equaty they are willing to give up of the company. Then the investers negociate weather the want to make a deal, or not. Then the "Dragons"(Investors) should take a risk, and invest in them. I think this would be good, if we had 5 investers, and some people ranging from stalls, and shoppes.

Please go easy on me, as this would be my first event.
Thank You!
Betterthanu,
Viridian,
Ice
[Aug 26, 2008 6:36:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Dragons Den! YPP! Edition! Reply to this Post

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. I understand what the show, "Dragon's Den" is, but I don't know of any possible way that could be fitted into the current shoppe and stall system. If a panel of pirates were to give a stall/shoppe owner some poe to start their business, there'd be no way to ensure or force said shoppe/stall owner to turn over any profit. Even something as simple as making a panel member a stall manager would be pointless, as the owner could simply boot them out the second they get their poe. It's a TV premice that can't be worked into the YPP world without massive alteration to the event proposal.
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 26, 2008 7:15:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
simplybetter

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. I understand what the show, "Dragon's Den" is, but I don't know of any possible way that could be fitted into the current shoppe and stall system. If a panel of pirates were to give a stall/shoppe owner some poe to start their business, there'd be no way to ensure or force said shoppe/stall owner to turn over any profit. Even something as simple as making a panel member a stall manager would be pointless, as the owner could simply boot them out the second they get their poe. It's a TV premice that can't be worked into the YPP world without massive alteration to the event proposal.

Ok, i just had a Dragons den moment. :P

Also, whens TPIR on again?
[Aug 26, 2008 7:25:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The PoE is Right does not currently have a next event scheduled.
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 26, 2008 9:23:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates