• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18780 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
rascal84

Re: Why is my client playing music!?!

Heh, It's really disappointing to see that people find a way to bitch about anything, it's a 6 second tune, I really like it. People have been wanting In-game music for quite awhile apperantly. We see the first sign of anything similar to it and everyone freaks out (Including to the people who've already hopped on the "z0mg teh music is ruining mah gameply" Bandwagon).
[Aug 20, 2008 8:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

It's not "bitching about anything"... other in-game sounds can be controlled, and it's really annoying to have unwanted music start playing when you open the client.
----------------------------------------
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 20, 2008 8:38:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

It's not "bitching about anything"... other in-game sounds can be controlled, and it's really annoying to have unwanted music start playing when you open the client.

Take off your headphones and/or turn the music down for a second?
[Aug 20, 2008 9:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Madmathilde

Heh, It's really disappointing to see that people find a way to bitch about anything, it's a 6 second tune, I really like it. People have been wanting In-game music for quite awhile apperantly. We see the first sign of anything similar to it and everyone freaks out (Including to the people who've already hopped on the "z0mg teh music is ruining mah gameply" Bandwagon).

I like the tune - on my system, the audio clip chops during login and causes sound effects thereafter to crackle - and it seems a fru fru addition to the game. :P
Gwendolyn Bleu,
ubiquitously Gwennie
Midnight: Marooned Marauders of the flag Fairwinds
[Aug 20, 2008 9:06:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Just in case this is not seen:

Release Notes wrote: 
# Add a mute button for the initial music.
# Respect the last pirate's volume level when playing the intro music.
# Move the new sound system onto its own thread to fix skipping. Please /bug any snaps, crackles, pops, skips, burps or other untoward sound artifacts.

Pletoo of Sage
[Aug 21, 2008 5:30:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

It sounds good in theory--creating atmosphere and all--but for me isn't workable in practice. Like many others, I'm sure, I have headphones on playing music or talk radio when I'm online and any music from any site is extremely jarring. I would add my plea to those who are asking for a way to turn this off--globally.

While I can certainly understand this, I would point out that there are tons of other games online where the sound options are per-character and as such you have to suffer through the title screen. This isn't exactly a ringer-specific configuration.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Aug 21, 2008 10:01:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Hmm, I just updated for the first time in a few days. I rather like the music, but I can imagine it'll get old after a while. I like that we can chose to turn it off now.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Aug 21, 2008 3:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Sweet mother of Nemo... THANK YOU!!!!

For those who have not updated, on your log in screen you can toggle the music off. I hope it's permanent.

IV(who thanks the elves that listen to us!)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Aug 21, 2008 5:08:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Not only can we mute it, but it seems to me they physically turned the volume of the music down too. Yay!
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Aug 22, 2008 10:48:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jinxplus1

I still like the music on the log in screen >.>

Jinx (feeling in the minority).
Jinxplus

Captain of Just Because

Now flying the flag of One Step Beyond. Margaritaville. we're around here somewhere.

Randomly appearing on other oceans...
[Aug 22, 2008 1:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

I love this music. I keep the Ice client in the background sometimes, just so I can listen to it.

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Aug 23, 2008 3:48:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skunkbeard9

I love it
Yarrby of Cobalt
The Former King of Cobalt

Retired, Missing in Action, or Dead. Whatever you wish.
[Aug 23, 2008 5:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yarrby@ymail.com [Link]  Go to top 
jacfalcon

I love the music. But still, thanks for giving us the option to mute it.

I wish there was a place to download it so we could listen to it on MP3 players and such. Who made it and what is the official title?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jacfalcon at Aug 29, 2008 10:42:31 PM]
[Aug 29, 2008 10:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

I wish there was a place to download it so we could listen to it on MP3 players and such. Who made it and what is the official title?

I believe the new sounds were produced especially for Three Rings. Bang Howdy has some ambient music and they allow players to purchase MP3 versions of in exchange for gold, the Cowboy equivalent of Doubloons. While the Puzzle Pirates version of music seems somewhat shorter - perhaps we'll see them selling the MP3s in the near future!
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Aug 30, 2008 4:58:28 AM]
[Aug 30, 2008 4:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

Bang Howdy has some ambient music and they allow players to purchase MP3 versions of in exchange for gold, the Cowboy equivalent of Doubloons. While the Puzzle Pirates version of music seems somewhat shorter - perhaps we'll see them selling the MP3s in the near future!
I don't think there's enough of it to remix and sell for five doubloons.
[Aug 30, 2008 6:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
astroaero

Personally, I like the music and the atmosphere it creates. I also like how it fades out once I am fully logged on, no matter what point it is at. I do, however, think it would be good to only play through once, and it would be good if it were possible to only play on one client if multiple ones are opened. I also would like to see separate volume sliders - I am always trying to find the balance between the cannon / net effects in Atlantis and the carpentry feedback sounds.

[Sep 1, 2008 4:58:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
astroaero

I adore it! For me it is the icing on the cake. Where can I download it from please?
[Sep 1, 2008 5:02:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

I hate it
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Sep 14, 2008 4:04:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

And with that keen bit of insight, I think this thread has long outlived its purpose.
[Sep 14, 2008 7:49:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates