• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18391 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
WenchCleo

Why is my client playing music!?!

So now when I start up my Ice client it starts playing some sort of Irish Pirate music... I'm not against Irish Pirate music... but I really HATE stuff that plays music when I don't want it too...
----------------------------------------
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 19, 2008 11:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Re: Why is my client playing music!?!

So now when I start up my Ice client it starts playing some sort of Irish Pirate music... I'm not against Irish Pirate music... but I really HATE stuff that plays music when I don't want it too...

This has been noted a few times in the release notes thread now, and we're hopeful that the devs are listening and will add Music (and sound?) to the global preferences, or something.
[Aug 19, 2008 12:03:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Dear Three Rings,

I turned off the music in game but is there really a need to have my client play the silly little tune when I open it? If Three Rings insist on this then at the very least meet me half way and give me Pork and Beans when I click Duty navigation!

Thanks
Gunnermooch.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Aug 19, 2008 12:13:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

You have a good taste in music Gunner ^_^
Gameplay on Midnight ( and most oceans )
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Aug 19, 2008 1:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

It makes it very hard to surreptitiously open my Ice client at work!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 19, 2008 3:01:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnBone

It makes it very hard to surreptitiously open my Ice client at work!

Maybe that was the point of introducing client music.

:)
--Luckyparrot
[Aug 19, 2008 3:50:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.yahoo.com/    potsm_master@yahoo.com    mrbluemk1@aol.com    Zomg! i haxxed [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Dear Three Rings,

I turned off the music in game but is there really a need to have my client play the silly little tune when I open it? If Three Rings insist on this then at the very least meet me half way and give me Pork and Beans when I click Duty navigation!

Thanks
Gunnermooch.

That right there has the be the most awesome music video ever made by any band. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if any Weezer dude plays YPP.

[/end derail]
Damagon
[Aug 19, 2008 4:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Irish???

Hmm Not my first choice .. lol ..
Started client .. Inevitable update.. Wento outside to pick some salda for lunch.. slowly became aware of this awesome music playing.. Lo and Behold .. It was IN my home!!!

I was sad to open the client.

Now ..Sticks Pin in bubble...

Already, many of us are in loggin H.E.L.L disconning/lagging out/booted from server..Whole client just poofs suddenly off putor screen.. not just closed.. Names appearing but they lagged off hours ago.. Happened on Hunter.. captain and his wife.. He hung on a bit longer.and his name poofed when he lagged out. they can't even play hardly anymore.
Taking forever to enter anything.. etc etc..

I am wildly hoping that the music ( which I love on ICE but fear will have to turn off on regular oceans) is not just another reason that creates more problems.

Crossing my fingers that something like.. place markers have been put in already .. and when the real thing gets installed .. .. some better semblance of balance will...

ahh geez..
Wishful Thinking

Please don't make my game unplayable.. me whimpers into the sunset!!!
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Aug 19, 2008 4:43:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnBone

I would like to know, if music is implemented to the main oceans, can we replace it with our own choices of music? (Without touching any other game files, of course)
--Luckyparrot
[Aug 19, 2008 5:13:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.yahoo.com/    potsm_master@yahoo.com    mrbluemk1@aol.com    Zomg! i haxxed [Link]  Go to top 
Madmathilde

Sorry, much as I like the music, I think it has to go. After logging on I had glitchy sound effects and it's just - sorry, just annoyin'.
Gwendolyn Bleu,
ubiquitously Gwennie
Midnight: Marooned Marauders of the flag Fairwinds
[Aug 19, 2008 5:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Since someone started a music thread, I am moving my post from the update thread:

I'm sorry, I don't have time to read 15 pages of posts, but what's up with the freaking music? I went to options, turned off music, yet it still plays. Please.... MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Or at least put up a warning, it made me jump in my chair, because my volume was up and that's not very good for someone with a spinal injury. Oh, and it does not stop once in game. <sigh>

IV(who prefers to decide her own music choices and stays far away from Ice for a while)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Aug 19, 2008 6:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Personally, I like the music and the atmosphere it creates. I also like how it fades out once I am fully logged on, no matter what point it is at. I do, however, think it would be good to only play through once, and it would be good if it were possible to only play on one client if multiple ones are opened. I also would like to see separate volume sliders - I am always trying to find the balance between the cannon / net effects in Atlantis and the carpentry feedback sounds.
Pletoo of Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Patetch at Aug 19, 2008 8:06:48 PM]
[Aug 19, 2008 7:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
margara

Sorry - the client start up music is kind of annoying.

If it has to stay - I want the option to be able to disable it specifically.

I don't mind a little "3 second ditty" when I launch a puzzle but this is a bit... meh in my opinion.

Margara
[Aug 19, 2008 8:40:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mylienie

Please make it stop

I turned off sound in my game but that doesn't stop the start up music

its loud, its annoying and

it needs more cowbell

(seriously.. the music needs to go)
If you have two legs and are flammable, you cannot block a fire exit...Mitch Hedberg
[Aug 19, 2008 10:40:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chook_fowler

Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance - The Official Website

is where that bloody start up music belongs.

GET RID OF IT IT IS PAINFULLY IRRITATING.

chook.

I have used the option tab to stop ALL MUSIC.

WHY DOESN'T IT WORK. IT JUST KEEPS PLAYING.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chook_fowler at Aug 20, 2008 12:55:28 AM]
[Aug 20, 2008 12:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mennik

don't forget that it is just a testing ocean o think they wil put a button to turn it of when you start the ice client and you can put this of in game (ye>options>sound>music) and its not that you people don't like it that they need to remove it just stop the music in game....

mennik
mennik-sage/ice
needle-ice
and nick-man4 on all other communitys
[Aug 20, 2008 1:24:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

OK, I think the music has potential, however I have a suggestion. Along with an option to turn it on/off, how about an option to possibly music from someone's music library, like iTunes? I know I personally would like to have piratey music play when I play, but maybe someone else likes this Pork and Beans and somebody else Billy Joel (Downeaster Alexa). I think being able to modify the quicj chat keys was great, and using that same kind of interface to just show the game where the music is would be cool.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Aug 20, 2008 11:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
klostro

So, at least Vista is good for something, was wondering why I didn't hear this awful sound you people have been talking about...

/me now goes to check out this sound...
{Klostro and Wangchung} - Galene says, "Too bad we can't just use the Black Ship as a tugboat, haha." Cronus Smiles.
[Aug 20, 2008 1:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.homelessirc.net    Klostrophobik    Klostrophobik    Would you like to spank me? [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Not having checked yet, it's just at log-in? Like over once the island pops up?

In other words plays like once per play session? Not sure I'm seeing a problem.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Aug 20, 2008 2:10:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ynahteb

Yes, it starts playing when you open the client and begins to fade out once you're looking at the Notice Board. The main problem I have with it is recently it's been taking me around 10 minutes to go through that process with all heavy load notices, and there is no option to turn it off.
Squee!
[Aug 20, 2008 2:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

I tend to watch the TV on my PC - now running Ubuntu - and the volume is completely drowned by any other sound sources. Major problem.
[Aug 20, 2008 2:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

If I remove the sound files that ok yeah?

/e looks at them, sooooooo tempting.

If it's fine by three rings I can post where you can remove them from. I don't see it any different then when people were tarting about the belly shirts in game and they replace the image of them with rag tops.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ellopoppet at Aug 20, 2008 2:40:10 PM]
[Aug 20, 2008 2:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Not having checked yet, it's just at log-in? Like over once the island pops up?

In other words plays like once per play session? Not sure I'm seeing a problem.

If you have the Music checkbox disabled, you will have music from client opening until your pirate is selected at least. This is because Music (and Sound) are not global preferences (like "Remember account name?") but per-pirate.

For those of us that don't use YPP sounds, yes, this is a big annoyance. I'm somewhat hopeful however, the next release will add Music (and Sound, PLEASE!) as global preference options too.
[Aug 20, 2008 2:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Please don't make me get Vista. The music needs a way to be turned off that doesn't involve turning my computer into junk.

Perhaps the music option should affect the login tune as well as the building-entering ditties.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Aug 20, 2008 4:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Part of me wonders why the sound options aren't global preferences, personally.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Aug 20, 2008 4:36:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CaliKid

The different music they play every time you go into a specific building is really funny at first, then it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive.
[Aug 20, 2008 4:37:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frodoslegacy

It sounds good in theory--creating atmosphere and all--but for me isn't workable in practice. Like many others, I'm sure, I have headphones on playing music or talk radio when I'm online and any music from any site is extremely jarring. I would add my plea to those who are asking for a way to turn this off--globally.
Arick
SO and Diplomat of the "Werewolves"
Prince of the "Rogue Wolves"
on Midnight

Obsessions are the spice of life.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by frodoslegacy at Aug 20, 2008 5:07:23 PM]
[Aug 20, 2008 5:06:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

It sounds good in theory--creating atmosphere and all--but for me isn't workable in practice. Like many others, I'm sure, I have headphones on playing music or talk radio when I'm online and any music from any site is extremely jarring. I would add my plea to those who are asking for a way to turn this off--globally.

Repeating myself again most likely just so it's clear what the problem is to the developers. You can turn off the Music, just like sound. The problem is that Music and Sound preferences are per-Pirate and not global options so even when disabled, you'll get the background music (and certain sounds) in the pirate login screen and the select-your-pirate screen.
[Aug 20, 2008 5:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

So, at least Vista is good for something, was wondering why I didn't hear this awful sound you people have been talking about...

/me now goes to check out this sound...

Just when I was starting to think I had wasted my money on Vista laptop! Well done Microsoft, you got something right :)
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Aug 20, 2008 5:23:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alec1000

I want to see what the music is but I can't log onto Ice because the thing won't fully update.
[Aug 20, 2008 6:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates