• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11302 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
LuckyCharmed

R.I.P. - So few realized he was gone ...

DCI (CIA) - Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
Why the early bird gets the worm;
Life isn't always fair;
and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn)and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year- old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthw ash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Tylenol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents , Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone....

----------------------------------------
...........SO of Di Cerberus
~ Princess of Arcana Imperii ~
...................VIRIDIAN

[Aug 13, 2008 9:53:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/LuckyNCharmed/Avatars%20and%20Siggies/WizRules/WizRule1.gif [Link]  Go to top 
Ac1789

Re: R.I.P. - So few realized he was gone ...

At first I laughed at this then I reread it and thought, Sh*t thats all true. How sick is that?
Anubiss Follower of Whiterose
The best member of the Justice League
Looking in mirrors to see who's in them
Great Avatar by DarkFaery;Tab picked up by Alekto<3

[Aug 13, 2008 10:16:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gotkevlar

i'm sorry to say i never knew him.

edit: wait....
Kevlar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gotkevlar at Aug 13, 2008 10:17:51 PM]
[Aug 13, 2008 10:17:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pod4811

God Bless America!
Thomie - Back On The Smokes (Weak, Feeble, Quitter)

Captain of Mutiny!
Queen Mother of Sea Change
On The Viridian Ocean
[Aug 14, 2008 7:23:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinthanius

God Bless America!

Yes, all of america. Including Central america, canada, and all of South America. I'm really proud of being an American.

Sorry for the derail but this post is really full of win.
-Calais
[Aug 14, 2008 7:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pod4811

God Bless America!

Yes, all of america. Including Central america, canada, and all of South America. I'm really proud of being an American.

You forgot that small island just west of Europe.

The United Kingdom of America.

Captain of Mutiny!
On The Viridian Ocean
[Aug 14, 2008 7:31:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinthanius

God Bless America!

You forgot that small island just west of Europe.

The United Kingdom of America.

And your mother. OH SNAP! I went there!
-Calais
[Aug 14, 2008 7:41:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pod4811

Ho dang!!!!!... no other way to follow up such a huge insult than....

YOUR FACE.

BURRRRRRRN!

Captain of Mutiny!
On The Viridian Ocean
[Aug 14, 2008 8:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auzygirl

You'd think after standing in front of all those flames for this long he already would have third degree burns...

Edit: Re-rail Ok I noticed when common sense died, When I entered the Antheas Officer Auction (see link in sig)
Endorcement in VP+++++
Auzy
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Auzygirl at Aug 14, 2008 8:47:39 AM]
[Aug 14, 2008 8:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pod4811

You'd think after standing in front of all those flames for this long he already would have third degree burns...

No Cal... he's immune to fire.

Mine was an Ice Burn. :P

Captain of Mutiny!
On The Viridian Ocean
[Aug 14, 2008 8:45:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinthanius

No Cal... he's immune to fire.

Mine was an Ice Burn. :P

Rug burns, now those burn like the dickens!

Also I more or less thrive in fire. I usually die out when there isn't enough fire around.
-Calais
[Aug 14, 2008 8:51:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LuckyCharmed

gotkevlar wrote: 
i'm sorry to say i never knew him.

edit: wait....

Can I buy you an ice cream cone and some cotton candy?
Oh wait! Can I see some ID first please? LOL!

...........SO of Di Cerberus
~ Princess of Arcana Imperii ~
...................VIRIDIAN

[Aug 15, 2008 12:57:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/LuckyNCharmed/Avatars%20and%20Siggies/WizRules/WizRule1.gif [Link]  Go to top 
disneymama

Ho dang!!!!!... no other way to follow up such a huge insult than....

YOUR FACE.

BURRRRRRRN!

Your MOMs...FACE
p.s. you forgot to trademark the phrase Ho dang pfft.
[Aug 15, 2008 12:42:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Poor common sense...
I miss him...
R.I.P. Common Sense...
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Aug 16, 2008 3:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
courtkid1012

Can't say i ever knew him but he seemed like a boring guy to me.
Chinchi on all oceans. (Viridian)
Ducha De Oro of Riddle Makers

Inspire others
^Click
[Aug 17, 2008 8:45:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
psychotic_

I would say i knew common sence... but it was us english who drove him out... centuries ago!
Why else would we drink tea, wear tophats and dance in the rain? Or is that just me these days? 0_o
Aabay says: RM is number one really, were just lending it to Sea Wrath ^_^

Captain of El Rey De Reyes
Prince of The Merchants.
Blood sucker award since 1992
Killer of the ocean since dawn of time

It must be VAMPY!

~Vampireking~
[Aug 26, 2008 3:13:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imhappyfairy

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Admittedly at a glance that story does seem to be completely ridiculous but if you read the entire story it does actually seem to be not as stupid as it seems.
Flyingbanana of Viridian and Malachite.
[Aug 30, 2008 7:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Contrariety

Just possibly, but there is still no end to the cases you could cite here.

For example, the man who sued his neighbors' homeowner insurance because his neighbors' garage door was malfunctioning - trapping him in their garage for 8 days. He had been robbing their house, and the door back into the house had locked behind him. He was awarded $500,000 for the undue mental anguish. It is unknown but assumed that he faced charges of robbery.
Pests they might be, but the young were cute and cuddly and had big eyes, which was definitely an evolutionary edge to secure survival.
-On grammasites, Thursday Next

Contrary to Popular Belief, or Mistress Mary, quite Contrary, I'll be around.
[Aug 30, 2008 8:29:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setherex

We all mourn the loss of common sense. The physical restrictions he placed on us seemed kind of unfair, but was all for our own good.

Brb, going to the railroad to see if I can sniff a train as it goes by.
..,,::;;¤¤§ Setherex on the Meridian Ocean §¤¤;;::,,..
[Aug 30, 2008 3:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PGoog

Figures a Canadian would post this.
[Aug 31, 2008 2:26:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

Figures a Canadian would post this.

what you got against canadians :o
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Aug 31, 2008 4:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Praise black Jesus.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Aug 31, 2008 9:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
medlax36

While it's probably a bit misplaced. Seeing as it's a game forum and moreso, a forum for a game that rewards everything but common sense. It's a perfectly feasable indictment of people. Yay for misanthropy!

PS: VOTE PALIN...erm McCain in November!
Oc Hubb
Slippery When Wet
Yeah, that's right. I'm on Hunter now.
Seepnah is secretly a girl.
[Sep 6, 2008 1:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PGoog

she is gorgeous...not hot, but gorgeous. There is a distinction there but im not gonna bother explaining
[Sep 6, 2008 6:31:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Oh goody, I think it would be great have a VP one heartbeat away from President who gorgeous... cause that's what's important... who cares that she's only been out of the country once, that she's never even been to Washington DC, that she has no experience, is a complete and total hypocrite, and, oh yeah... she'll bring change to the country (if doing exactly what Bush did is change...)! But hey... she's gorgeous (not!) so let's elect her!

Edit: Sorry, I actually misspelled a word once in several hundred posts... I'm such a horrible person!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by WenchCleo at Sep 6, 2008 9:31:46 PM]
[Sep 6, 2008 8:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PGoog

whoa calm down i didnt say who i was voting for one way or another... and if you are referring to what OC said, well, his right to vote for whoever the hell he pleases is what makes america great............and, out of curiousty, is someone a bit jealous?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by PGoog at Sep 6, 2008 9:04:30 PM]
[Sep 6, 2008 8:45:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
medlax36

hypocrat.....Learn to spell.

Ok now that that's over. Yes, she is attractive. No that does not qualify her to be "a heartbeat away from the Presidency". If you would like to have an intelligent dialogue that is fine but there are a certain amount of pre-requisites. A number of which in my experience Tikao you simply don't meet. Firstly, you must be intelligent. Secondly, if you would like to argue a point, I should suggest that you actually have factual information (or at the very least credible opinions) to do so. Thirdly (pay close attention to this), watching campaign commercials on television and then repeating them in a public forum is not, repeat not, valid. Fourth, and this is perhaps the most important (and probably more of an addendum to three than an actual stand alone point), do not support what you don't understand. Change is not always good, and change is never good when the person advocating change does not know their anal orifice from an orifice in the earth's sediment (to translate for Tikao I am insinuating that either Tikao or her candidate of choice (maybe both?) do not know their own assholes from a hole in the ground). But alas, talking about "change" would be to enter into a realm that is not really necessary here (not that any of this is necessary to begin with). Tikao once you meet criterion one through four I will gladly have an argument with you. By then it will be around 2012, if you are lucky, and I will be supporting the Republican Presidential Nominee: the sitting Vice-President Sarah Pailin.
Oc Hubb
Slippery When Wet
Yeah, that's right. I'm on Hunter now.
Seepnah is secretly a girl.
[Sep 6, 2008 9:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

whoa calm down i didnt say who i was voting for one way or another... and if you are referring to what OC said, well, his right to vote for whoever the hell he pleases is what makes america great............and, out of curiousty, is someone a bit jealous?

I know you didn't say... just been reading alot about her this week, wasn't actually meaning to attack you for saying that, just being sarcastic in general about people thinking that is a good reason to make her a vice-president!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Sep 6, 2008 9:24:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Its the Person going for president that you should be concentrating on rather then the one below them.
Nunny
[Sep 7, 2008 6:13:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auzygirl

<.< Whoa there half the info that Tikao had said is actually credible by fact not opinion. I even think she possibly got that information from the same place I got it via her wording. So I in response ask you to please verify what she is saying is not credible before you attack her for only opinions.
Auzy
[Sep 7, 2008 8:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates