Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 560
Posts: 560   Pages: 19   [ First Page | Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84495 times and has 559 replies Next Thread
skiffygrrl

Re: Ice Release 8/5-8/27 Reply to this Post

Hi di ho, this was released today, and I already found one bug (which I have reported, yessireebob), which relates to doubloon oceans only.

As deedholder and captain of my crew on Sage, I should be able to post a forage job offer without having to buy a labor badge as my main on Sage does not forage. I should only be barred from actual foraging with out the badge, except on free days, but I should have the ability to set the job offer 24/7.

Thankyewveddymuch.
----------------------------------------
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Aug 27, 2008 5:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Another issue completely.

If the first gold trophy is now being issued for first gold NUGGET, which is 1/10 of the old gold ore, then IMO the other trophies for gold should be adjusted.

I have the first gold for the first ore on 3 oceans on several of my pirates from my forage crews, but their first gold is now worth 10 of the new first gold.

So shouldn't all the gold trophies be adjusted to take this into account?

Just curious....
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Aug 27, 2008 6:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Another issue completely.

If the first gold trophy is now being issued for first gold NUGGET, which is 1/10 of the old gold ore, then IMO the other trophies for gold should be adjusted.

I have the first gold for the first ore on 3 oceans on several of my pirates from my forage crews, but their first gold is now worth 10 of the new first gold.

So shouldn't all the gold trophies be adjusted to take this into account?

Just curious....

It is now, intentionally, 1st gold ore = 1st gold trophy (logical), 100 gold nuggets = Gold Digger.

EDIT: Linky for 10x requirements: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=107241&offset=240#1613368
Can't find where they changed the first trophy to be just one, but I know it's true.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CurlyKidd at Aug 27, 2008 7:07:24 PM]
[Aug 27, 2008 7:00:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Can't find where they changed the first trophy to be just one, but I know it's true.

Hint: Look at the first post in this thread; it has the release notes. Look for the word "first", "gold", or "trophy".
[Aug 27, 2008 8:22:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Hint: Look at the first post in this thread; it has the release notes. Look for the word "first", "gold", or "trophy".

Alternatively, utilize your emergency brick wall kit.

-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 27, 2008 8:25:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Bah. That's what I get for starting my search on page 2.
[Aug 27, 2008 10:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
Jellyphant

Only allowing 24 gems on a ship before being stolen is a bit stupid when foraging gems comes in lots of 5 , With a forage operation you could pass 25 gems in the hold within a few mins and then when you want to move them you get 25 of one kind you have to throw one away or leave it behind.
If the gem limits have to be so low, 26 plus before thieving seams more practical as forage gems come in lots of 5.

As soon as the 25th went in gems were stolen.
August 28, 2008 4:38 PM Rampaging gem thieves pilfered 1 units of Jade gems.
August 28, 2008 4:38 PM Jellyphant transferred in 5 units of Jade gems from Pot of Gold.

Also I see an area which is an annoyance in game, If someone deports the ship you are foraging on it takes down the job offer and booches everybody aboards stats which leaves a lot of people pissed off and not getting paid if they re-forage. maybe a way to set the vessel to forage mode on the helm which stops the ship from being deported would sort this annoyance
Jellyphant - Comes in all flavours but mainly Viridian
Captain of Bloody Mary's Revenge
Prince of Imperial Coalition
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jellyphant at Aug 28, 2008 3:45:17 AM]
[Aug 28, 2008 2:11:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Replicate

Only allowing 24 gems on a ship before being stolen is a bit stupid when foraging gems comes in lots of 5 , With a forage operation you could pass 25 gems in the hold within a few mins and then when you want to move them you get 25 of one kind you have to throw one away or leave it behind.
If the gem limits have to be so low, 26 plus before thieving seams more practical as forage gems come in lots of 5.

August 28, 2008 4:38 PM Jellyphant transferred in 5 units of Jade gems from Pot of Gold.

Also I see an area which is an annoyance in game, If someone deports the ship you are foraging on it takes down the job offer and booches everybody aboards stats which leaves a lot of people pissed off and not getting paid if they re-forage. maybe a way to set the vessel to forage mode on the helm which stops the ship from being deported would sort this annoyance

If your foraging why would you deport the ship?
Replica
Official cross dresser of Tainted Purity
Listen to Hurly sing! - http://thesimsonstage.ea.com/playPerformance.html?performanceId=R%2B7g9Y1xz5I%3D&play=Y
[Aug 28, 2008 6:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Just buy 4 each time they spawn for 6 hours.

Besides, forcing you to buy a varying number from the standard 5 also makes sure you're alert to the game :)
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Aug 28, 2008 6:31:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

(Technically this is a response to the all oceans release yesterday, but this seems to be the place to discuss the foraging puzzle. Someone point me to the right thread if there is another.)

I'm enjoying the foraging puzzle quite a bit, but do have one complaint. Despite the fact that ye can start the puzzle and play in practice mode once yer labour hours are used, if ye do have hours, but not very many, the puzzle will quit when ye run out! I have received Booched and Poor scores this way, which had nothing to do with the quality of my gameplay per se, but with the mistake of being overly eager to keep playing the new puzzle.

Is there any way that this can be fixed so that the puzzle continues but once ye have used yer hours ye get crates of moths instead o' fruit and chests?

Or alternately could the puzzle start off with a warning if ye have fewer labour hours than it would take to complete a full session at whatever rank ye are? A "Ye don't have enough labour hours to complete the puzzle mate! Ye can continue, but the puzzle will stop when ye run out of hours!"

The first option is preferable, but the second would still be better than playing and having it end after clearing a single crate.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Aug 28, 2008 9:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

Just buy 4 each time they spawn for 6 hours.

Besides, forcing you to buy a varying number from the standard 5 also makes sure you're alert to the game :)

Please read more carefully he is obviously talking about foraging. when you forage gems they come in 5's. if you forage 5 gem boxes one of the gems is automatically stolen. If you are jobbing foragers you pay the person for the gem only to have it immediately stole. There is not much control there except to just not pay for gems through the jobbing offer.

Also would like to add for the developers, I greatly enjoy the new puzzle but it is very deflating to only get 2-3 plays that turn up baskets/chests with things in them. Especially when you can go through all your plays in less the 30 minutes. Please consider allowing some kind of disconnect between labor hours or a more hours to be used for foraging. I sincerely hope that your intentions where not that this puzzle would only get played for a maximum of 30 minutes per day or less.
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Edit 1 times, last edit by redwinej at Aug 28, 2008 10:17:28 AM]
[Aug 28, 2008 10:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

If you are jobbing foragers you pay the person for the gem only to have it immediately stole. There is not much control there except to just not pay for gems through the jobbing offer.

Actually the solutions are: 1) pay slightly less than what ye will get for gems at market (really ye should do this anyway, since yer the one taking the time/risk to run it to market), 2) have an extra boat on hand to transfer excess gems to, and 3) accept the risk of loss as part of the excitement of the game.

Number 3 can be tough for many of us. I know I struggle with it, but it is my belief that the game was designed with this in mind and many of the most successful pirates I know are the ones that are prepared to risk great loss for the potential of great gain.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Aug 28, 2008 10:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

If you are jobbing foragers you pay the person for the gem only to have it immediately stole. There is not much control there except to just not pay for gems through the jobbing offer.

Actually the solutions are: 1) pay slightly less than what ye will get for gems at market (really ye should do this anyway, since yer the one taking the time/risk to run it to market), 2) have an extra boat on hand to transfer excess gems to, and 3) accept the risk of loss as part of the excitement of the game.

Number 3 can be tough for many of us. I know I struggle with it, but it is my belief that the game was designed with this in mind and many of the most successful pirates I know are the ones that are prepared to risk great loss for the potential of great gain.

I think #2 is mandatory, even. If you're going to move 24 gems around to possibly more than one market (on Ice I had the other two Gems get foraged on my ship within an hour), you almost certainly aren't going to do that on the "big" ship you're foraging from but from a sloop you can solo around (as much of as needed of) the world.
[Aug 28, 2008 10:45:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Ermm.. I have actually accidentally deported.. because the dismiss puzzle and deport buttons are that close. I also didn't realize it removed my notice and my foragers were not getting paid, until I happen to look at the vessel records. I manually paid the ones that were still on the ship and logged on. But 2 of them had already logged off. (what I found odd is that nobody said, "hey, i'm not getting paid anymore."
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Aug 28, 2008 3:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jellyphant

Ermm.. I have actually accidentally deported.. because the dismiss puzzle and deport buttons are that close. I also didn't realize it removed my notice and my foragers were not getting paid, until I happen to look at the vessel records. I manually paid the ones that were still on the ship and logged on. But 2 of them had already logged off. (what I found odd is that nobody said, "hey, i'm not getting paid anymore."

Yes it is done by accident and the buttons are close together, It happened twice in my crew yesterday .

Having one person able to effect everybodies stats like that is worrying.
[Aug 28, 2008 5:40:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

They can already do it in Atlantis, Flotillas, Blockades...
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 28, 2008 5:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jellyphant

Re: Ice Release 8/5-8/28 Reply to this Post

• No longer rate games if no moves are made

• I just had a game rated when no moves were made on the puzzle. I clicked the puzzle, abandoned and the stats dropped.
    [Aug 28, 2008 5:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    zedzaroak

Re: Ice Release 8/5-8/28 Reply to this Post

Are these just notes to yerself?
    Dublune

Senior Officer of the crew Ferce Fighters.

Prince of the Flag Be Right Back.

Sage Ocean.
    [Aug 28, 2008 5:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    edrienne

Re: Ice Release 8/5-811 Reply to this Post

[quote][quote]The monkey boat is not to discourage or replace PvP by any means. Obviously we'll need to tweak settings to get things right, but to clarify: the ship is meant to be fun for people that set out to find it, and to deter people from floating understaffed vessels.[/quote] That was what I was thinking, but the problem is that when we set out to find it last night, we were the ones that got replaced, twice - that was rather disappointing. Also a PvP hunter is not going to be happy either way because they will loose their prey. Monkey hunters are going to go around engaging for PvP and possibly followed by a disengage if they don't get monkeys, making a general nuisance of themselves.

I don't mind there being a monkey boat, but I find it so annoying that they attack understaffed ships...
    For example, I used to trade wood/sugar cane between Kirin, Lima, and Prolix and stop at Lonelywood to forage to sell at Prolix (or Lima if I got gold, which hasn't happened...And now it never will) , and then the monkey boat replaced that other dude (which is actually good, since my might ring would have turned sky blue) and it took my fruit, AND MY SUGAR CANE! =.= Unfortunately, its already been released so, what can I do about it T.T
    Teala On Viridian
    Knight Stalkers of Shadow Knights

iHappy

Give me Liberty or give me Death.
    [Sep 3, 2008 2:42:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    starrarose

Re: Ice Release 8/5-811 Reply to this Post

Unfortunately, its already been released so, what can I do about it T.T

Put more people on the bote?
    Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
    TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Sep 8, 2008 3:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 560   Pages: 19   [ First Page | Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]