• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 560
Posts: 560   Pages: 19   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86905 times and has 559 replies Next Thread
Bungleton
Developer

Ice Release 8/5-8/28 Reply to this Post

2008-08-28

• Send a notice to the vessel when the forage offer changes.
  • Don't allow pirates without the ability to forage to take forage offers.
  • Fix garbled text in labor reports.

2008-08-26

• Ambient sound for vessels.
  • Adjust the volume of a few ambient sounds to match.
  • Fix a bug where puzzle competitions on notice board would show as "starting in less than a minute" when they were already started.
  • Make the foraging ant animate a little while walking.
  • Include newer colors on the cake trinket colors list.
  • Fix bug where monkey boat would sometimes fail to steal your stuff when they won.
  • Fix some weird cases with foraging practice mode that were causing the board not to properly reset
  • Fixed a bug where some stalls could not retrieve their labor reports.

2008-08-25

• Make gem thieves more aggressive.
  • Fix bug that could duplicate furniture.
  • Note to vessel records when a ship loses cash to a non-sinking flotilla or other such situation.
  • Ambient noises
  • Tweak foraging sounds some more
  • Don't automatically switch out of practice mode when an hour of labor is suddenly available (fixes bugs with the hour of labor being consumed despite empty crates appearing on the board)
  • Allow pets to join pirates in portraits.
  • Disallow officers from engaging in swabbie ship transport or trading voyages since it removes money from the hold which they normally shouldn't have access to.
  • Fix boochery with puzzle competition countdown times.
  • Allow the newer colors to be used on trinkets and wrapped presents from the palace shoppe.

2008-08-21

• Large piles of gems on board vessels have attracted a horde of gem thieves. Any boat with large numbers (where large is currently >= 50) of gems on board may be subject to these rampaging menaces, who will take a percentage of your stash. (They are similarly invisible/intangible to the gem thieves who take your gems if you abandon your boat)
  • Take foraging notices off the notice board properly when the boat is full.
  • Volume slider in options now has more levels of granularity.
  • Fix the bug causing job offers to become stuck on the notice board.
  • Shorter foraging chest-cleared sounds.
  • Fix a sporadic bug with auto-divvying booty at server shutdown.
  • Fix a bug where offers could be posted in markets and forts for gold ore.
  • Fix a bug where gem prices could drop to (just) below their intended sell price.
  • Activate the foraging stat trophies

2008-08-20

• Add a mute button for the initial music.
  • Add foraging job offers: first officers and vessel owners can post offers to pay jobbers to forage commodities for them.
  • Raise the initial market sell price for gems and have it descend slowly to its old starting price.
  • Respect the last pirate's volume level when playing the intro music.
  • Don't show jobbing offers from muted players.
  • Move the new sound system onto its own thread to fix skipping. Please /bug any snaps, crackles, pops, skips, burps or other untoward sound artifacts.

2008-08-18

• Update background and star meter to be more visible in foraging
  • Fix bug with foraging ratings and lack of duty reports
  • Fix bug with foraging not functioning properly on free days
  • Fix bug with pausing foraging right before a duty report booching things
  • Fix bugs with shovel and machete animations
  • Shorten the earthquake sound
  • Add foraging to the puzzle board
  • Ants now animate when moving
  • If a pirate doesn't have enough labor to complete a full set of bananas when starting a foraging session, pre-fill bananas
  • Fix "First Gold" trophy to be awarded after the first gold nugget
  • Fix typed letters showing up in chat area when configuring puzzle keys
  • Change underpinnings of sounds to use OpenAL - linux users may get better performance by creating ~/.openalrc containing: (define devices '(sdl alsa native))

2008-08-12

• Glue faces on the monkeys.
  • Allow crates to force their way onto the forage board whenever they're available instead of waiting for space to become available.

2008-08-11

• Rapacious bands of monkeys have been sighted on the oceans. Early reports indicate they target ships battling amongst themselves while heavily laden with commodities.
  • Emboldened by the arrival of his comrades, the monkey from foraging now sparkles while he dances.
  • Play sounds when starting or ending a foraging puzzle and whenever an item is foraged.
  • Adjust treasure haul scoring
  • Break every piece of gold ore in existence into 10 gold nuggets. Adjust recipes, foraging and stats for gathering ore accordingly.

2008-08-08
Foraging:

• Fix earthquake related bugs
  • Remove the practice button when the duty report shows up
  • No longer rate games if no moves are made
  • Instantly end game after practice button is hit once board clears
  • Add background
  • Add vessel records for foraged items
  • Tweak images to be more distinguishable for the colorblind

2008-08-07
Foraging:

• Forage report tells you if you just finished using your labor
  • Decrease length of monkey sound
  • Decrease volume of earthquake sound
  • Adjust scoring
  • Adjust special piece probabilities
  • Foraging is free on Tuesdays
  • Clicking the practice button jumps to practice mode as soon as the board
    is cleared of crates
  • Fixed some practice-mode related bugs

2008-08-06

• Fix foraging status icon.
  • Fix practice mode consuming labor.
  • Fix ratings boochery.

2008-08-05

• Unveil the foraging puzzle. Art and sound are still in progress.
  • Play a little song when the drinking puzzle starts.
  • Fix Bumblebeard getting confused when jumping through tutorials quickly.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 15 times, last edit by Bungleton at Aug 28, 2008 5:05:45 PM]
[Aug 5, 2008 6:36:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

Re: Ice Release 8/5 Reply to this Post

*Cues Epic Fanfair*
[Aug 5, 2008 6:37:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

I havent been on ice yet, still downloading. How accesible is the new foraging puzzle?
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Aug 5, 2008 6:45:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Aug 5, 2008 6:55:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patato6

WOOT!

Now all I need to do is find a vessel willing to let me forage on Ice...

Anyway, this looks cool, and I hope to test it... Only wish that dublooners could get assess to sub equivalent for ice easier.
... Needs 10 dubloons to make a crew.
[Aug 5, 2008 6:57:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I havent been on ice yet, still downloading. How accesible is the new foraging puzzle?

Can't test the non-subscriber/no labor badge thing, but the waiting period is gone.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Aug 5, 2008 6:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

Main issues we are having is the lack of colors. Anyone color blind will be screwed.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Aug 5, 2008 7:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

For those of us having difficulty logging on, how do you play?
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Aug 5, 2008 7:07:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

looks great. how does it work? Please dont tell me its another one like bilge..
Nunny
[Edit 1 times, last edit by nunny_45 at Aug 5, 2008 7:08:25 PM]
[Aug 5, 2008 7:08:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

looks great. how does it work? Please dont tell me its another one like bilge..

It's similar to bilge. In it's own special way.
[Aug 5, 2008 7:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

I see a four-piece area highlighted. Do you rotate them like alchem? I think there was a GCPP proposal along those lines?
[Aug 5, 2008 7:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twisted317

I'm colorblind. I can't see this puzzle well at all in the screenshots. I'd imagine it would be ever more difficult actually playing it.

Edit for details: In the fourth row from the bottom in the above screenshot, the three middle pieces are nearly impossible for me to distinguish.
Twisted (Hunter Ocean)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twisted317 at Aug 5, 2008 7:57:21 PM]
[Aug 5, 2008 7:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

I see a four-piece area highlighted. Do you rotate them like alchem? I think there was a GCPP proposal along those lines?

You can rotate them clockwise and anti-clockwise. You get a shovel and a machete that act like gems in TH the only difference is the shovel clears everything below it and the machete works on left and right clicks. Left click clears everything to ther left and the right click clears to the right. Earthquake is another piece that depends on left/right clicks, left click moves the board to the left and right moves it to the right. Monkey pieces once clicked drop a monkey on the board that scatters some of your pieces.

There is other bits I am sure people will update this thread with but right now I am too tired!
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Aug 5, 2008 7:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

HAHAHA!

Amazing!

Edit: My major concern is... is it a multiplayer puzzle?
Damagon
[Edit 1 times, last edit by damagon at Aug 5, 2008 8:20:14 PM]
[Aug 5, 2008 8:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

The little crate shown in the picture above is the cheap fruit; the more expensive fruit is a 2x2 piece. As you progress through the puzzle you will come across a chest that I think was a 3x2 piece (these contain gems or gold). The more you puzzle the more stars you get (obviously :P) and with this the more fruit you can forage in each puzzle. At the end of the puzzle it gives a mini report of what you foraged as well notification on the vessel as each fruit is brought aboard.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Aug 5, 2008 8:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

It appears that each fruit you forage takes one labor hour, NOT each instance of the puzzle. I understand the logic, since each fruit has a PoE value but it's still a bit confusing since it means one puzzle can cost you 6+ hours of labor at the higher star levels.

Will there be a free puzzle day for foraging, I wonder? I hope so; my labor is needed in my IM, so it's the only way I will get to play this anywhere besides Ice.
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Aug 5, 2008 8:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
jzxmas

There's an option to play as practice, or to apply labor hours.
Confess
Innocent
Crimson Tide
Midnight (mostly)
[Aug 5, 2008 8:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Took some more screenies but I will link to them instead of spamming the forums with them.

Opening screen.

Forage report.

Shovel.

Machete.

2x2 Fruit.

Larger fruit in puzzle.

From what I just heard, the game consumes 1hr of labor for every piece of fruit that enters your screen if you get the fruit out or not.
[Aug 5, 2008 8:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

From what I just heard, the game consumes 1hr of labor for every piece of fruit that enters your screen if you get the fruit out or not.

Cephalopod wrote: 
it consumes an hour of labor when it puts a basket on the screen.

Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Aug 5, 2008 8:45:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Any chance that we can bring back commodity foraging now that we have a puzzle to help balance it? At least in a limited fashion.? Yes yes?
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 5, 2008 8:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Hmm i wonder if people are still going to complain about foraging as it seems with high puzzleing skill you can still get as many fruits as you would normaly, maby even more (if you count all the times you find nothing.)
Nunny
[Aug 5, 2008 8:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

To hell with the foraging puzzle (which is shiny enough.)

The drinking music rocks! I want demand more.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Aug 5, 2008 8:55:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

OMG OMG, I agree, It reminds me of Spongebob.
[Aug 5, 2008 8:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

A few more images.

Monkey.

Earthquake.

Forage report 2

U gib machete kkthnx
[Aug 5, 2008 8:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

Hmm i wonder if people are still going to complain about foraging as it seems with high puzzleing skill you can still get as many fruits as you would normaly, maby even more (if you count all the times you find nothing.)

Well, that's the thing. AFAICT, there's no problem with people having a bunch of Shipwright / IM / Weavery alts, just the no-puzzle forage. This should bring foraging in line with all other labor uses, in terms of abusability.
[Aug 5, 2008 9:06:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

Is there a foraging standing to go with this cool looking puzzle?
Donall of Hunter

[Aug 5, 2008 9:11:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brynhild

Psh, that would be silly.

Brynhild Skullsplitter - Not affiliated with the Ocean Masters or Three Rings.
Verlool wrote: 
For once, I agree with Brynhild!

[Aug 5, 2008 9:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Brynhild%20SkullSplitter [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Yes there is :)

There is also empty baskets when you run out of labor and Ants.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gunnermooch at Aug 5, 2008 9:21:27 PM]
[Aug 5, 2008 9:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

To hell with the foraging puzzle (which is shiny enough.)

The music was... different. Good different.

Although it didn't sound a couple of times, bug maybe?
Damagon
[Aug 5, 2008 9:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

I dont like the fact that each basket that shows up is a labor hour....unless we can buy labor badges as each one expires lol. But this is like my favorite puzzle ever....spot on mates!
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

[Aug 5, 2008 9:25:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 560   Pages: 19   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates