• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2279 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
peatypirate

Event In Progress -Cash Cutter!- Reply to this Post

Hello everyone,

This is PeatyPirate and I have just gotten the best idea for an event I have
had in a long time.

This is going to be the game of quick wit and thinking as you battle your way from one island to another without getting 3 strikes against you. You have 3 lifelines to choose from, but you may only use one (i'll get to them later). This is the game that everyone has been waiting for, this is...CASH CUTTER!!!

Yes! Cash Cutter! The knock off of the Discovery show "Cash Cab". In this gameshow, you will have the oportunity to win big PoE!! Here are the details!

Your Mission: To answer/complete as much tasks that you can before you make it to your destination. Destinations will be reletavely short, just to save time.

The Questions/Tasks: When you start the game, a random person will be slected from a main island, that person will then be informed of the rules of the game. Then the game will start. The person will be asked some questions and tasks throughout the whole journey. Assuming they get them all right, at the end of the voyage, they will recieve their cash prize. But if they answer a question wrong, well...you have 3 strikes to deal with, 3 strikes and your out. That person will be planked off the ship and the next contestant will be chosen. If for ever reason the contestant has to leave during the voyage, I will have no choice other than disqualifying him/her from the event.

What will take place: The questions/tasks will be ordered from easy - hardest. And the more things you complete, the more money they will be worth. I will pre determine the distance to the destination, so I can determine how much money we will need and how many questions.

Lifelines: You will have 3 lifelines aboard the Cash Cutter. 1) Ask a friend for help -In this lifeline, you will invite your friend aboard the ship and he will complete the task/help you with the question- 2) Skip the task/question. -You will have this option to skip the task/question being presented.- 3) Walk away -This will be the only option to walk away in the whole voyage.-

---There will be limited questions, as the fact that people can minimize the game, so the questions will be about the game, and ones wont be able to be looked up. Plus you will have a time limit per question.---

---For the tasks, you may be asked to get Incredible in a Bilging game. For this, you will start on a compass point, and end on a compass point.---

Again, thanks for reading, and I look forward to your criticism.

~Peatypirate
[Jul 30, 2008 9:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jacksonjr

Re: Event In Progress -Cash Cutter!- Reply to this Post

that sounds goodbut will this be on all oceans or only on a few?
[Jul 30, 2008 10:04:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peatypirate

Depending on what happens on the test game. Which will be held soon! Will determine how many oceans it goes on.
[Jul 30, 2008 10:22:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hensow

is this like a qwetion evey leage pont and how are you go to stop use loken them up 1 can only think of 2 think wich ant in the wik (Hesow need more pirate to sail and the dots in fras maching colors of sords/blugons)
----------------------------------------
Hensow on all english speeking oceans
I take no responsibility for my spell under the influence of in game alcohol
[Jul 30, 2008 10:24:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Ahoys! It's a nice idea you have there, but I'm not so certain that you could implement it.

* You can't stop players using the wiki or google while they are on the ship. Asking questions about anything at all which can be found anywhere on the internet is essentially giving the contestants the answers. "Ask a friend" can be done in /tells without your knowledge for any question.

* Asking the contestants to puzzle is fine, you might want to look at the recent token bakeoffs Simon Says event to see how well that can be done. Remember that many, many pirates cannot achieve incredible in any puzzles.

* I think you will spend far too long explaining the puzzle to the participant to justify the time it will take to run the event.

* I don't think the time that you will dedicate to the event would be worth it, considering that you are only awarding PoE or prizes to one person at a time, and no one bar you and your event team can watch.

EDIT: wrong event
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Edit 1 times, last edit by seb_long_uk at Jul 30, 2008 2:34:19 PM]
[Jul 30, 2008 11:05:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Sounds like a good idea but a couple of things to bear in mind.

People can use chat to ask mates for the answers to questions. This means that they are unlikely to ask a mate aboard to help them answer a question they will just use /tell, /cr or /fo etc.

I am struggling to think of questions for which the answer can not be looked up unless it is something which for most pirates would be a guess (eg What colour paint ar the walls to Janepeg's Apothecary stall). Some such questions could be answered by a friend (or an alt) visiting the location.

The tasks seem a better idea.

Most people on an island will have other things to do, I think a better way to get contestants is to ask for volunteers on the forums and then randomly select an order in which they will be partake.

Good luck
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jul 30, 2008 11:16:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Remember that many, many pirates cannot achieve incredible in any puzzles.

Also note that many more of them cannot achieve Incredible in a single league (i.e., from "compass point" to "compass point").

"Phone a friend" could be changed to asking a friend to do a puzzling task on your behalf, perhaps.
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Jul 30, 2008 12:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates