Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1630 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
lanndser

[Event Idea]Token Bakeoff...to the EXTREME. Reply to this Post

Ok, so i had an idea for a token bakeoff of sorts. It would take place at an island on Sage, with a sloop only, alliance ineffective, event blockade.

Every contender would be require to pre-register, with their name, their ships name, and the 3 other people they would like to do the event with (3 and the "captain" who registers is optional, but its the max) and their ship name. 20 minute prior to the blockade the "captains" only will be jobbed into the event crew.

The goal of this blockade is to be the first ship to preform all 4 Special Manuvers in Silver Level in 1 turn. As soon as a ship has all 4 silver manuvers, they call out "The Enlightened Sild is ready for this turn" so i can watch them. In the event of more than 1 ships being ready in a turn there will be a gold manuever playoff. (2 ships in 1 turn, the next 1 to get all 4 is automatically third place. 3 or more and there will be a playoff).

In terms of prizes im thinking 30k to first, 20k to second, 10k to third and 10 the the blockade winner. I only have the money to pull this on sage, but if anyone would like to put up the 70k for different oceans im game for a partnership.

Anything im missing, or should i go ahead with the intent post? Any kinks there are to work out?

Thanks to Tanonev for helping me work out the initial bugs.
----------------------------------------
Ship on Sage
[Jul 26, 2008 10:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Re: [Event Idea]Token Bakeoff...to the EXTREME. Reply to this Post

It seems that your intent is for the ship to have one sailor, one bilger, and one carpenter, but how will you enforce that?

One option would be to make the "captains" actually join the event crew. Then you can see how many people are on each ship by periodically checking the dock. Otherwise, you may as well allow teams of 6 or 7 and give prizes that can be shared (poe, doubs, multiple ships, duplicate clothing, sets of identical trinkets, etc.) because I don't see how you can effectively police team size.

Other than the team size issue, I think it's a great idea. What would you do in case of ties? Continue until one of the teams repeats the feat?
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Jul 28, 2008 7:54:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lanndser

Re: [Event Idea]Token Bakeoff...to the EXTREME. Reply to this Post

It seems that your intent is for the ship to have one sailor, one bilger, and one carpenter, but how will you enforce that?

One option would be to make the "captains" actually join the event crew. Then you can see how many people are on each ship by periodically checking the dock. Otherwise, you may as well allow teams of 6 or 7 and give prizes that can be shared (poe, doubs, multiple ships, duplicate clothing, sets of identical trinkets, etc.) because I don't see how you can effectively police team size.

Other than the team size issue, I think it's a great idea. What would you do in case of ties? Continue until one of the teams repeats the feat?

There would be 4 per ship, once you include the captain :P. It would be easy police, me and my fellow judged will do simple /vws :P.

The event kade is gonna be 2 rounds long, and all the people who tied would do the same thing as R1, exept gold.

thanks for the input.
Ship on Sage
[Jul 28, 2008 8:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]