• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3345 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
arrmate111

Event Idea Reply to this Post

I was wondering yesterday if we should have some funny events by OMs or some rich player who could provide prizes. My event idea is that you dress up and take a screenie and post it on the thread fer the event. The best picture wins. Well by best I mean funniest! Like the picture I took of meself with a kilt and diving helmet on. I laughed a lot. Really it would be funny. :) So... anyone like this idea? Any suggestions? I would lub to have someone like the idea and hold this event. I probally would like to but I am not a subscriber or a dubloon buyer so prizes would be hard to aquire fer me...
[Jul 11, 2008 10:20:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Re: Event Idea Reply to this Post

I was wondering yesterday if we should have some funny events by OMs or some rich player who could provide prizes. My event idea is that you dress up and take a screenie and post it on the thread fer the event. The best picture wins. Well by best I mean funniest! Like the picture I took of meself with a kilt and diving helmet on. I laughed a lot. Really it would be funny. :) So... anyone like this idea? Any suggestions? I would lub to have someone like the idea and hold this event. I probally would like to but I am not a subscriber or a dubloon buyer so prizes would be hard to aquire fer me...

You could always ask hearties or your ocean to help donate prizes for this event rather than ask someone else to run it. I don't see how being a subscriber/doubloon buyer makes a difference in acquiring prizes. You could always try to save up your poe until you've got enough to afford prizes, since subscribers have to do that as there is no way to just buy for poe on subscription oceans. If you have past experience in running or helping in events there is a chance you could ask the Ocean Masters for prizes; however, for such simple prizes, you should be able to fund them yourself.

There have been several costume/fashion show events in the past held by players. I do not believe an Ocean Master has held an event for best outfit type event.
----------------------------------------
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 16, 2008 6:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

I don't find this working too well with just the category of the funniest outfit, but perhaps if you had multiple ones like the Most Original, Funniest, Cutest, etc. it would be more succesful.

I don't see how being a subscriber/doubloon buyer makes a difference in acquiring prizes. You could always try to save up your poe until you've got enough to afford prizes, since subscribers have to do that as there is no way to just buy for poe on subscription oceans.

QFT

Being a subscriber has nothing to do with not being able to supply prizes. Even though what you buy YOU may not be able to use, YPP still permits you to purchase the items. It might take a while to save up for them, but it is still possible. It all depends on how much it means for you to run it and whether or not you're willing to spend that much poe on something you don't benifit from. If you do this, I suggest doing it on a subscriber ocean so that (since you don't buy dubloons) things are cheaper. :)

Good luck!
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Jul 19, 2008 12:08:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
Nanishui

I I have an idea for a Christmas event, they should make an npc called Santa Clause and if you find him he gives you a wish, you can only find him once so it will be fair, you can wish for anything you want except membership. What do you think? Sanishui, on Midnight Ocean. by the way, i am not a male, it's lying
Sanishui on Midnight Ocean. You the girl, Kenzkup!
[Jul 20, 2008 6:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

I I have an idea for a Christmas event, they should make an npc called Santa Clause and if you find him he gives you a wish, you can only find him once so it will be fair, you can wish for anything you want except membership. What do you think? Sanishui, on Midnight Ocean. by the way, i am not a male, it's lying

If I find him can I wish for a white seahorse and a tan octo???

Now what might be a better idea, is have this "santa clause" NPC island hop and allow pirates to challenge him once to a swordfight or rumble. If the player wins (s)he gets 100 poe or a common trinket maybe.

Or allow the player to wager up to 100 PoE against this NPC instead of the normal 26 against a regular inn bot.
Omegaking of Emerald

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by madzack2918 at Jul 20, 2008 7:07:25 PM]
[Jul 20, 2008 7:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nanishui

If I find him can I wish for a white seahorse and a tan octo???

Now what might be a better idea, is have this "santa clause" NPC island hop and allow pirates to challenge him once to a swordfight or rumble. If the player wins (s)he gets 100 poe or a common trinket maybe.

Or allow the player to wager up to 100 PoE against this NPC instead of the normal 26 against a regular inn bot.
um, what do you mean about an island? and if you want to wager, well let's say you had 70k, he's santa for crying out loud, he should have as much poe you can have to wager. after all, he is magical! Sanishui on Midnight Ocean ttyl ;)
[Jul 21, 2008 5:00:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

I mean everytime someone beats him, have him "magically" fly his sleigh to another island, where others can still challenge him.

The wager limit is necessary so the best swordfighters don't wager 10 Million Poe against him on 20 different accounts.
Omegaking of Emerald

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Jul 21, 2008 5:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Developers won't change or add coding for a player event.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 23, 2008 1:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Nanishui

Hmm, what do you mean by the "coding"? i just want to know. i live on Epsilon island in a Cabin be free to join me anytime, in fact i will be on for a long time in one day.
[Aug 9, 2008 11:52:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyman_101

Hmm, what do you mean by the "coding"? i just want to know. i live on Epsilon island in a Cabin be free to join me anytime, in fact i will be on for a long time in one day.

The "coding" is the code used to run/create/use/etc. the game.
Fiercepirate
[Aug 10, 2008 1:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

/rerail

As to the first event idea, any event which doesn't require skill in a puzzle or skill (e.g. art or writing) is a weak event- or so it is in my opinion.

Also with an event like this, richer people who can afford black and gold clothes would end up looking better than the people who aren't so rich. In short, the idea as it is just wouldn't be fair.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Aug 12, 2008 8:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates