• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23248 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
fearlessphil

Malachite Blockade Videos

Ahoy!

On Sage I have been recording many blockade videos lately, and though it was about time to roll it out onto the other Oceans.

The general idea, is for an occupant of your Ocean to record the blockades on your Ocean, so that a record of them all can be kept.

If ye feel that ye can record a blockade, please fill in the application form (linked below), so that we do not (hopefully) end up with five people recording one, and no-body recording another.

Sage Blockade Video forum link

Blockade Video Website

Recording guide

Recording application page

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, by PM, as Fearlessphil on the Sage Ocean, posting in this thread, or email me Fearlessphil@blockadevideos.com

I hope that we can make this work!
----------------------------------------
Fearlessphil

Trial the new version of Blockadevideos.com
Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demeter at Mar 14, 2009 7:36:46 PM]
[Jun 13, 2008 8:33:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gray_matter

Re: Malachite Blockade Videos

Your blockade page is all messed up... for instance your Midnight blockades section includes the following contenders for Guava 9:

Defender: Castigo X 1
Attacker 1: Beyond the veil 3
Winning flag: Beyond the veil

There is no Castigo X on Midnight. I believe you have all the blockade statistics shifted down by 1, as there is never any data for the first blockade on the list.
Gray of Malachite
Stripped of all other colors and oceans!
[Jun 13, 2008 12:15:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gray_matter

Right -- the correct contenders are right below that, under Sage: Basset 18.
Gray of Malachite
[Jun 13, 2008 12:16:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

On which page mate? Im searching for it, and not finding the issue which you said...
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 13, 2008 2:09:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gray_matter

On the front page of blockadevideos.net, I have the following text:

Cobalt
Diastrophe 5
This blockade lasted 3 rounds.
There are no videos currently present on the server for this blockade.

Kirin 6
This blockade lasted 3 rounds.
Position Flag Score
Defender: Static Before the Storm 0
Attacker 1: Polaris 3
Winning flag: Polaris

etc.

When I look at the HTML source though, it looks like it must be some kind of a display issue. I am using IE 7 on Windows. Here is an excerpt from the HTML source, bold added for my emphasis so that you can see a missing right-bracket that is maybe being implicitly figured out by whatever browser you are using?

... d>Attacker 1:</td><td>Polaris</td><td>3</td></tr><tr><td>Winning flag:</td><td>Polaris</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr</table><p class="results">There are no videos currently present on the server for this blockade.</p></p><p class="blocktitle">Kirin 6< ...

Gray of Malachite
[Jun 13, 2008 2:36:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Interesting...

I have poked around in the php code, and added the close of the angle bracket, thanks for pointing that out!

Could you please see if it works now for you?

I use Mozilla Firefox, which obviously must have fixed it itself.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 13, 2008 3:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
frostyangelz

Interesting...

I have poked around in the php code, and added the close of the angle bracket, thanks for pointing that out!

Could you please see if it works now for you?

I use Mozilla Firefox, which obviously must have fixed it itself.

Zomg your avvie is so cute
Frostyangelz - Everywhere
Frostease - In other places
[Jun 13, 2008 9:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Zomg your avvie is so cute

Tilinka is our puppet overlord!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 13, 2008 11:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Yummy100

doesnt seem to matter what i do.. i always get this error:

Yarrrr! The page ye be looking fer does not appear to exist. Please go back and try again.

If this page be displayed from a link on the site, please email webmaster@blockadevideos.com

whats the video format? maybe im missing a codec or something
Yummym or Yumalt

Shanoyu wrote: 
Excuse me it seems there are people making money that is not being distributed to me I would like this scenario to be ended immediately thank you kind regards have a nice day.

QFT
[Jun 15, 2008 1:49:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gray_matter

Now it looks like the blockades are lined up right, although they also currently seem to show all "There are no videos currently present on the server for this blockade."

Ah, the life of a web developer... how I do not miss it...
Gray of Malachite
[Jun 15, 2008 5:53:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Now it looks like the blockades are lined up right, although they also currently seem to show all "There are no videos currently present on the server for this blockade."

Ah, the life of a web developer... how I do not miss it...

Its meant to do that...

If there are videos on the server for that particular blockade it will display the links, otherwise it complains that there are none there...
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 16, 2008 3:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gray_matter

Ah! I see how it works now.

Nice work on the site!
Gray of Malachite
[Jun 16, 2008 6:04:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Nice work on the site!

Thank you!

It is the first site where I have worked majorly with PHP and mysql, so there will be teething problems, but I feel that I am picking it up fairly fast.

I am hoping that my friend who is good with designs, will soon manage to get the layouts made nicer. I totally suck at the whole design aspect of it.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 16, 2008 6:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Lilac 1
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Enjoy!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Aug 3, 2008 3:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Akhlys 1
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Enjoy
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Aug 10, 2008 9:51:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
criofan

Fantastic work matey, really enjoyed the videos
Dreadbeard on the Hunter Ocean
[Aug 10, 2008 10:19:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Fantastic work matey, really enjoyed the videos

You managed to download and watch them all that fast? 0.o
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Aug 10, 2008 10:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
criofan

Yes, thanks to the increased speed, I watched rounds 3 and 4 of the Akhlys 1, which I had missed out on seeing, due to falling asleep.

Thanks again and keep it up matey.
Dreadbeard on the Hunter Ocean
[Aug 10, 2008 10:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wasabi11

Thanks Phil! Great vids, well done!
Typhon on Malachite
In one crew or the other.
Treewarf says, "You can dance around all you want, but sooner or later, Typhon will get his balls in you"
[Aug 10, 2008 10:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

I don't dare to watch the alkhys videos for fear of how many of our brigs got sunk... *goes in a corner and hides*
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 10, 2008 11:26:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

I don't dare to watch the alkhys videos for fear of how many of our brigs got sunk... *goes in a corner and hides*

Lmao agreed and you whispering on ventrilo "The points the points!! THE BK THE BK!" Hahahaha that was priceless.
Verlool
[Aug 10, 2008 11:30:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Think of it as an epitaph for all of those little briggies!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Aug 10, 2008 11:31:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Do these videos not include the round break of the two brigs entering the board to destroy the stock ship?
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 10, 2008 12:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Do these videos not include the round break of the two brigs entering the board to destroy the stock ship?

No, sorry mate, I only record the rounds as its nice to have a little while for my computer to chill, and for me to actually be able to use them for the break.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Aug 10, 2008 12:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
wasabi11

VAT IZ DIS STOK SHIP U SPEEK OV?
Typhon on Malachite
In one crew or the other.
Treewarf says, "You can dance around all you want, but sooner or later, Typhon will get his balls in you"
[Aug 10, 2008 12:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sammydrisc

Alright, watched the whole thing trying to count sinks. It goes fast, so I obviously may have missed a few here or there. But final counts...

The Criminally Insane lost 40 ships (41 if you count the Merchant Brig)

Naughty Nerds lost 51 ships (If I recall, I think a ship or two may have sunk in the round 3 break, if so, its not counted)

91 total sinks (or a few more =p) If each of those ships had 22 jobbers on them, that means that this blockade produced over 2000 fishies. Yay for fish!
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Aug 10, 2008 1:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gotkevlar

Lmao agreed and you whispering on ventrilo "The points the points!! THE BK THE BK!" Hahahaha that was priceless.

i'm not sure if that counted as whispering.
Kevlar
[Aug 10, 2008 2:34:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bayboy93

yeah for tons of sink
Lordelf

Just schedule for the weekend. It's Hunter so it's not like there will be a real blockade. ;)

[Aug 10, 2008 2:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Ok mates,

Here is the deal. For each round of a blockade which someone records, and is able to upload to my webserver to add to the collection of blockade videos, I will pay them 10k.

Please obviously don't all try recording the same thing, as I will not pay more than once. Just post in this thread that you will be recording the blockade, or even just a round of it.

Instructions are on the blockade videos website.

For uploading information, please PM me after the recordings are done, and I will give you logon details.

I hope that you guys manage to get recordings!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jan 31, 2009 9:19:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

I'll record the kade today Phil =) at least round 1.
Verlool
[Jan 31, 2009 10:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates