• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 79
Posts: 79   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 74015 times and has 78 replies Next Thread
Hephaestus
OceanMaster

YPP's Greatest Hits! - Entry Thread (Deadline July 20th)

Please post or link your entries to the Y!PP's Greatest Hits competition here. Please read the description of the event carefully before entering!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hephaestus at Jun 9, 2008 12:59:08 AM]
[Jun 9, 2008 12:57:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xXPyro69Xx

Re: YPP's Greatest Hits! - Entry Thread (Deadline July 20th)

Pirate Name: Pyro
Ocean: Malachite
Name of the Original Event: Bah! Lovebug.
Link: Here
Misc: 1500 word count limit. Word counter used found here.

Red octo! Red octo!
Squee! ^_^

Valentine's Day Event Entry

Cold. That's what he was feeling. Pyro had every reason to, he was a fire-child in the midst of February, alone. This wintery night brought a chilling feeling, but not nearly as frigid as the empty shack he lay in, inulation overlooked. He had to find some company. As he outfitted himself in his trademark red outfit with elegant orange trim, he hit the town.

Tinytimsparrow says, "Sir! Sir! Would you like to buy some roses? That magical holiday is today and I'm sure the misses would appreciate it!"

Pyro says, "Hah! And waste all of my hard earned eight on a pauper?"

Tinytimsparrow says, "But Sir, it be Valentine's day. The one day of the year that generosity brings love."

Pyro says, "Bah, Lovebug! A fruitless day created simply to profit, and profit I will! Begone!"

As the small child flees from the glowing monster, the bouqet of precious roses falls to the ground.

Pyro says, "Valentine's, eh? A joke, nothing more."

As the scrooge crushed the delicate flowers with his fancy boots, a smirk grew bigger and wider on his grim face. He then continued to the inn, his favourite place to pass the time. It stood proud and tall in the industrial wasteland that was Terra island. But to his dismay, the evening had become a hotspot for couples. Furious with the usage of his inn, he approached a barmaid.

Aadelynn says, "Good evening, Sir. What brings you here?"

Pyro says, "What has become of my precious retreat? Where are the masses of drunken pirates swindling their way around my bar? Where are the card games, the fights, the rum? Where is the damm'd rum!?"

Aadelynn says, "It's Valentine's day, sir. Wouldn't you rather be with someone special as well?"

Pyro says, "Bah, Lovebug! Valentine's day is a mockery of business. Two for one specials? You're cutting my business in half! The rum will sour staying in the stockroom all day long. Bring it out! Now! There will be no Valentine on my watch!"

After the barmaid brought out several kegs of rum, Pyro continuously drank proudly through a pitcher. As he became louder and louder, and caused more of a commotion, the entire inn became empty. His devilish smirk had become more of a gaping smile now. He was proud of what he had accomplished, he ruined that day he found so evil. But his smile quickly turned to a grimace. He realized there was no one left, he was alone yet again. As he downed the last of his rum, he began to tear. Alone in this empty inn, what was so great about this cursed day? As he stared at his empty mug, something fell from above, straight into his mug. A single rose, it was. Glistening with an unknown liquid, it shined in the light of the inn. Much prettier than any mountain of eight he had seen in his days. Doubloons failed in comparison to this glowing item. As he looked around to see the angel that had brought him this treasure, there was only the barmaid.

Aadelynn says, "Happy Valentine's day, sir."

Pyro says, "Happy Valentine's day, indeed, Aadelynn. May I ask why you're spending such a lovely holiday stuck in this grimy inn filled with the filth of this island?"

Aadelynn says, "Well for one, sir, you didn't give me the day off. Other than that, people need a place to spend a romantic day at. And this place can't run itself. At least, that's what you told me."

Pyro says, "I haven't been in the spirit of today very much, have I?"

Aadelynn says, "Not at all. But you have all day, sir."

A smile came to her face, and one to his shortly after.

Pyro says, "Pyro."

He then rushed out into the streets of Terra island and quickly found what he needed.

Pyro says, "Boy! Boy! Would you mind selling me some roses? This magical holiday has filled me with joy and love, but I need your help! Hell, I'll take all the roses you have. Bring'em to the inn down the road, as many as you can carry boy, quickly!"

Tinytimsparrow says, "Y-yes SIR!"

A sudden change of heart hade drove him to the town square, where hundreds of couples were carrying out their Valentine wishes.

Pyro shouts, "Come one, come all! Lost Inn Las Vegas is having a Valentine's special! Once in a lifetime! Free dinner for every couple that shows their Valentine spirit!

He paused and looked around at the confused pirates.

Pyro shouts, "Stop sending me tells! I mean it, 100% FREE!"

The masses had begun stirring. All heading to the inn down the road. His mission was almost accomplished. The only thing that was missing, was a Valentine to call his own.

Pyro says, "Will you be mine, Ma'am?"

The End.

One does not need to have more than a passing knowledge of the history of Viridian and Hunter to see what could be. I assure you, I know more than you having not set foot on Hunter on a main in months.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by xXPyro69Xx at Jun 12, 2008 2:24:32 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 2:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BeHeader89

Pirate Name: Carpinteria
Ocean Name: Hunter
Original Event: Bah LoveBug!
Here
Word Counter:
Here

The purpose of the event was to write a story of a pirate who didn't believe in Valentine's Day when it occurred but at the end of the story has a change of heart and believes in Love/Valentine's Day.

Red Octos r Hawt Btw

The Titan and The Love

One early morning Oceanus and Cleaver sat on there ship trying to find something to do. Cleaver shouted "I know!" Even the most bravest of men cannot stand going back home on Valentine's Day. Oceanus looked puzzled " Valentines Day? What is this?". Cleaver replied " You will see, just go back onto the mainland of Chachapoya and visit your family tomorrow." So that Oceanus did as he said his goodbyes to Cleaver, Cleaver chuckled " More work for Aphrodite telling Oceanus about Valentine's Day."

Oceanus arrived on Chachapoya Island shouting "Pink? This is disgusting!" running all the way up to the Villa's to visit his family. He ran through the doors crying " Why is the island pink? I'm telling Cleaver there's something wrong!" His family greeted him with hugs, which he was reluctant to accept. " Today is Valentine's Day, Everything is supposed to be pink." But before his family could carry on telling him about Valentine's Day Oceanus hurried off to the one place he trusted, The Inn. The Inn looked normal, but as soon as he entered all he could see was inscribed Teddy Bear's, and everyone wearing pink shouting " Happy Valentine's Day!". " Not the Inn. " Oceanus looked sad and disappointed, The most manliest place in the Pirate World was pink. He went to grab his foil which his family had packed for him, " Even my Blue Sword!?! It's Pink!" he soon threw the sword and ran off to the ferry to escape the pinkness of his home island.

He soon arrived on the docks of Quetzal where everything was pink also! Aphrodite who was on duty and received so many complaints of a bearded man with a blue octopus running throughout the islands screaming " Bloody Pink! " that she had to investigate. She soon found Oceanus cramped in the Quetzal Inn's back room hiding and rocking whispering "Pink... It's Pink.." Aphrodite chuckled " The mighty and manly Oceanus brought to his knees when he sees pink?" Oceanus shouted " Not you too! Wearing a lovebug on your shoulder and dressed in pink! I thought Ocean Masters were supposed to stick together " Aphrodite shook her head " You do not know of Valentine's Day? You must be spending to much time Treasure Hauling and Sword Fighting." Today is the day where all humans and god alike proclaim there love for a special person, it's the day where all pirates get festive and dress in pink." Oceanus shouted " Exactly my point! Pink? That's so gross, Don't tell me they changed the Treasure Haul gems to pink too."

Aphrodite was looking frustrated " No, Today is the day of love! The thing I created, Does this ring a bell?" Oceanus screamed while looking so helpless " Once again I thought Ocean Masters were supposed to stick together, and you go behind my back and create a pink and non-manly day?" Aphrodite sighed " Today is the day where love is the focal point, A true man is the only man who can celebrate this day. Therefore your not a true man!" Oceanus replied " I have one word to say about everything you just said and that's /mute" The frustrated Oceanus ran off to the only place not pink in the world, which was aboard El Pollo Diablo. He sighed " Finally Safety!". Meanwhile, Aphrodite went aboard Cleaver's ship and said " I hate you, telling Oceanus to come to the mainland when it was Valentine's Day. In the words of Oceanus I have one word for you /plank."

Aboard the El Pollo Diablo the skeletons chanted " We love blood and sword fighting!", Oceanus simply replied "Me too!". But he caught on " You said Love! ", Oceanus was finally starting to understand " Yes love, The thing you cannot deny. The one thing that has a meaning is love, the thing that drives everything." He returned to the mainland shouting " I understand! I finally understand!" Once again Oceanus got complained by fellow pirates, and Aphrodite appeared. What is it now? You understand how to /mute me? Oceanus felt excited to tell Aphrodite about his discovery and unmuted her, " I finally understand" he whispered. Aphrodite sighed once again " Here we go, again you describe half a sentence and don't give any meaning." Oceanus screamed " I understand about this Pink Day!" as he ran off to the ferry. Aphrodite looked puzzle " I never understand his weirdness. But at least he learned about the passion and love that everyone has."

Oceanus finally discovered that passion inside of him that he had all along. But bizarrely he ran around all of Hunter Ocean kissing and hugging everything he loved. He ran to the ships that were porting, and hugged the Treasure Boxes on them. Then he ran to all the Inn's and hugged the Brawl Tables, then ran off to Atlantis trying to hug an Archelon which didn't go to well, and after that ran to every OM and shouted I love you, and you, and you, and especially you! Hephaestus, Aphrodite, and Cleaver looked puzzled as they whispered to each other " Now that isn't love, that's insanity." Oceanus finally reached Aphrodite " Will you come to Atlantis with me my love?". Aphrodite kindly accepted as Oceanus smiled and whispered to her " Now it's time for revenge on Cleaver." Aphrodite smiled and chuckled " Now that's a good idea, I love you, and sinking ships with Cleaver on them."

They sailed off into the sunset as Oceanus and Aphrodite hugged and Oceanus whispered "Will you be mine Aphrodite?" She blushed and accepted his offer. As the boat sailed off they chatted and Oceanus whispered while looking into Aphrodite's dreamy eyes " I love you, and Valentine's Day. I am totally wearing pink next year!" This romantic setting was shortly followed with the screaming of Cleaver.

Ever since then, Oceanus has been a self-proclaimed massive Smexi Beast.

The End

I put somewhat of a twist on the story, I didn't want it to be a sob-story. I wanted it to humorous, or to have another focal point than sadness or loneliness. I hope the judges can capture the point I was trying to make. Good luck to everyone else entering :) I can't wait to see other entries. Second writing event :) Both with familiars at stake. I love these one entry events though :) Quality over Quantity.

Fair Winds~
Carpinteria

The word counter counted 971 words from Title to The End, The judges can check themselves if they feel the need to do so.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form am I telling someone to kill Cleaver. He is smexi. I just felt the need for a disclaimer :P
Hunter Ocean: Intervention or Cewt.
[Edit 30 times, last edit by BeHeader89 at Jul 18, 2008 2:43:13 PM]
[Jun 14, 2008 7:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

This entry is for Taco's Food Fight.

As per the original rules, here is my list of ingredients used:

Watermelon (ship hull)
Cucumber (mast and sail)
Green onion (rope)
Potato (cannon mounts, cannonball boxes, ship structure)
Avocado (cannons)
Kiwi (shields)
Pea pod (tiller)
Peppercorns (shot)
Whole baby pomegranate* (powder bags)
*Used under the "While most people don't generally eat them, item such as banana peels, pineapple tops, orange rinds etc will be allowed." clause.

Techniques used:
Slicing, carving, and scraping.

Links to larger view, alternate view, and in-process photos:
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/Herowena/Eat%20Ship/
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Eggatar by Greylady
[Jun 21, 2008 7:02:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Pirate name: Fizz
Ocean: Midnight
Name of original event: U Gif Doll
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=757545#757545
Contest-specific information:
Ingredients for my Eurydice Dolly
Simplicity pattern for clothing
fabric remnants for doll and clothing
elastic and velcro for clothing
string to stitch doll and clothing
yarn for hair, buttons for eyes, felt for mouth and hook, and stuffing for doll.

Finished image:

Supply picture of the doll and clothing.
Process pictures:
Image of the dolly body layed out to bed cut.
Doll parts cut out.
Parts pinned to be sewn.
Sewn and ready to be stuffed.
All Stuffed.
The start of creating Eurydice's clothing.
Clothing pieces pinned.
Shirt is Done!
Skirt is Done!
Parts for Eury's hook.
Hook Done!
Supplies for Eury's face and hair.

Four Finished dolly pictures
Front view. , Left side view. , Backside view. , Right side view. .
Scanned close up the pattern envelope.

EDIT: to add link to view all images at once.
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fizz at Jul 18, 2008 9:36:30 AM]
[Jun 21, 2008 9:26:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mattieman123

Pirate Name: Mattiebo
Ocean: Sage
Name of the Original Event: Bah! Lovebug.
Link: HERE
Misc: 440 words :) enjoy

The Minch who stole valentine's day
By mattiebo of the sage ocean

The city of Loveland was a popular one,
They loved the people and buildings and sun,
Valentine's Day was the happiest time of the year,
A day were they could give, and love, and cheer,
Whilst passing around a keg-ful of beer,
And never letting out a sad crieful tear.

But up on the mountain live a horrible thing,
He hated everything that could sing,
And so he heard the townspeople singing aloud,
And he thought about breaking up the crowd,
So the horrible beast climbed down the hill,
To fetch his paper and his quill.

He wrote a letter, but lovely it was not,
And then a terrible plan he got,
To send the letter to the ladies of love,
It would be so horrible it would make them want to push and shove,
He would make it from their men,
And then, he hoped, their love would end!

He got his letters and with haste he went,
But first he covered them with a perfume scent,
He charged through their windows while they were out,
But still he made sure that he did not shout,
He went from house to house delivering the letters,
He knew the Grinch could never do better.

But at one house he was approached,
By a young girl who had clearly been coached,
In the art of hearing or seeing in the dark,
But to him she didn't embark,
She stopped and stood and stayed and stared,
She saw something she hadn?t prepared.

She asked what he was, a quail? A finch?
He said "no my fine child, I am the Minch,
I will eat your flesh and grind your bones,
And listen to all your moans,
As I bring down this little town,
And make everyone here frown!

"But why sir?" Said the little girl,
"Our love is as pure as diamonds or pearls",
"Aha! That doesn't rhyme" said the Minch,
"I rhyme as purely as Stephen lynch,
So I can get away with this,
Now move little child, I hate little kids"

After the job was done he headed back home,
But then he noticed something on the loam,
It was an envelope, pretty and pink,
This made the Minch think,
"who is this for, is it for me?,
From Anya? Who is she?"

Anya was the girl from the house,
The one with the multi-colour blouse,
She left the Minch a little love note,
And so his heart did float!
He ran back to the village and got the letters,
And so the little girl had made everything better!

this is a good event :)
[Jun 22, 2008 10:09:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

Pirate name: Jennygalaxy
Ocean: Cobalt
Name of original event: Avast!Animation
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=550810#550810

This is a short stop-frame animation made with lego.
Zombie Chase
[Hosted on YouTube] - it looks better if you watch it in High Quality mode (below the video on the right).

Enjoy!
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Jun 23, 2008 11:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

Salmagundi
Sage Ocean
Bia's Animation Avatars

I decided to take Apollo's sage advice and do a thing that I would definitely enjoy. I did something different of course, but I wanted to revisit this because it was a great opportune event that I itched to surpass.

There was no objection to post a large version in the original event, so here's the link.
Salmagundi on Sage | Proxima on Malachite
The shoppe is closed for good.
Retired. I pay my dues to my mates.
[Edit 9 times, last edit by fireopal at Jul 16, 2008 3:08:20 PM]
[Jun 23, 2008 10:21:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amanita

Original Competition

This was for SuperHiro's Brigand King competition. Wish I'd gotten to enter it!

Covering Letter

CV (Resume for you Americans!)

I just love Queen Arachnia so I had to enter her ^^

Amanita of the Midnight Ocean.
[Midnight]
Amanita: Brunette Officer of Moonlight
Merilyn: blonde Fleet Officer of Moonlight
Menolly: brunette independant pirate

[Cobalt]
Amanita: redheaded Captain of the Grizzly Gilberts
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Amanita at Jun 26, 2008 8:04:40 AM]
[Jun 26, 2008 8:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fingerfoot

Pirate name: Fingerfoot
Ocean: Hunter
Name of original event: Poetry Deathmatch
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=23705

Of a young officer who purchases his first ship. Upon taking it out for the first time, gets into a rather fierce battle.
Having never commanded a sea battle before, he is incredibly nervous about the results of the conflict as more and more damage is taken.
Considering the state of his crew, he has every right to be.

All around me the cannon roars
Each wretched ball mauling as it soars.
Five stations to fill, for just one man,
Is far too many for any to stand.
All around, water fills the air,
The salty texture clings to my hair.
I try to bilge, but alas my weakness always was
The removal of the flood from my hold.
Left and right I search and stare
For a man who's experience is not scarce and bare,
But all I see are fields of green
Trying hard to fulfill their dream
Of a life of glory, thrill and joy
Upon the seas, under the command of just a boy.
I, whom rushed to get my sloop,
Whom thought ready to prove myself.
My mentor gone to better things
Of blockades to sink such devilish fiends.
A dream which lives in the hearts of all
Who venture on the waves to which so many fall.
"A fool's dream" I stop and think
As I linger on the prospect of the inevitable sink.
Many enemies this flag doest have,
Leaving my sloop as good as dead
When confronted with such enemies so skilled and fierce
Who's cannons thunder doest sting and pierce.

Begging I begin; to the lord of the sea,
To rise from the depths to pardon me.
To allow just a break
So that a breeze may be caught,
For a merciful chance to disengage is sought.
But no escape there is for me
With such a barrage of guns disabling flee.
Finally it stops. Silence is heard,
But for the ringing that the guns have interred.
"Perhaps", I cry, "their stocks have run low
Of the iron that causes such sadness and woe.
Or perhaps they have shown grace
On such a battered young vessel,
On such a battered young officer,
On such a battered young crew."
But no!
Why should they waste such remorse
On a target they have upon displayed their might and their force?

They edge in closer, turn by turn,
As the rum in my vessel continues to burn
Like the pain in my gut, awaiting our fate
And think of how close I am to that gate
In the sky, guarded by Peter,
Who’s judgment may fall
On each and every pirate, swashbuckler and crew
Who dared venture the seas when still only new.

In the now flooded hold I fall and I sob
As I reminisce on the days when only I jobbed.
But now as an officer of a proud crew I stand,
And though new and distraught,
The stations stay manned.
I clamber to a gun, though weary and weak,
I pull myself up to stand tall on my feet.
Two cannons I load with great haste and great speed
As the enemy's vessel draws ever closer indeed.
Along side me it comes.
Knowing we are too weak,
Does not even fire a cannon to finally break
Not only our hull,
But our spirits so meek.

As the last grain of sand drops to the ground,
I unleash those two cannons on that morbid sea hound.
Taken aback by my last bid for glory,
They don't stand a chance
Of ending my story.
As on their last turn with shock and dismay,
Their grapple flies out to command us obey.
The fear and excitement of my final stand
Brought us face to face with dagger in hand.
Although we all knew we had not a chance,
With enemy in reach our blades start to dance.
Too scarce are the odds,
And too few are the breakers,
Soon we do fall
Under the mighty enemy,
One and all.

As we flounder away,
Broken and bare,
I sigh with relief at the scare
We just had,
Which shivered our timbers,
(pardon the cliché)
But would reminisce about how we survived such a day.
Yet such an experience, so fearful and cruel
Has effects on the way I perceive such a brawl.
So now, with my fear still dwelling inside,
My sloop lays in dock collecting limpets below
'Til the day the sea calls me back to my home.
[Jun 26, 2008 9:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gecko2

Pirate name: Elliott
Name of original event: Poetry Death Match - Round 2: Limerick
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=23705

There once was a pirate named Bill,
Who at sea always felt very ill.
So he sat in the hold
Until he got old,
Blaming it all on the swill!
[Jun 26, 2008 10:06:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tetrella

Pirate name: Altaria
Ocean: Midnight
Name of original event: Poetry Death Match - Round 2: Limerick

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle o' rum.
Yo-ho-ho lets have some fun.
Swingin on the sails and,
mocking at the whales,
Yo-ho-ho a pirates life for me
[Jun 27, 2008 3:42:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MERITOCRAT

Name:Esnikov
Ocean:Hunter
Name of original event:Write your own obituary
Link to the original event

thread:http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=77316

Specific information:Each entry may have only up to 750 words

Sir Elsnikov,Captain of the Chachapoya navy,died on the 30th of june on Toba island.He was 45.

He will be remembered for his gallantry in the battle of Toba island,in which he and his men has made a final attempt to retain Chachapoya island's honour by raising its national flag in the midst of heavy gunfire and ferocious fightings with the brutal invaders,the Aimuarians.

The bodies of him and his soldiers will be sailed back to Chachapoya island for burial at the national war heroes' memorial.The governor and his entourage will be attending the burial ceremony together with the armed forces,to send the valiant soldiers off on their final journey.

Sir Elsnikov was born on Quetzal island,orion archipelago.At that time,the orion archipelago was recognised as a federation ,with its central government based on Chachapoya island.

Joining the navy at a tender age of 18 must have been a difficult decision,as he doesn't have the military background required to start as a petty officer,unlike most of his counterparts,but poor living conditions and the thought of being a labourer left him with literally no choice.However,being calm and having strong leadership qualities have proven him to be one of the men the officers are searching for; they wanted to recruit more elite sailors in response to the expanding fleet of warships.

When the federation began to collapse he was already a 34-year-old navy commander.Islands that were once under the federation are now fighting against it for their independence.State officials,especially those on Aimuari island,grew powerful with the help of defectors in the central government.Knewing that the Aimuarians depended heavily on their port for their war supplies to enter the island,commander Elsnikov and a few of his men made an attempt to blow up the custom office and its cargo-handling equipments,all located beside the port,partly facing the sea.Sure enough,their plot failed and they were captured by the local authorities.As the authorities were desperate and corrupt to the core,the lieutenant and his men only managed to secure their release after the Chachapoyan officials gave their words on behalf of the central government that trade embargoes placed on them will be lifted and any remaining foreign forces stationed on the island will be withdrawn.Later,the failed plot became known as the "custom assault".

After the war,which is five years later,a provisional government was set up to govern the islands that are still under the federation's control,Chachapoya and Quetzal island,until a new constitution was drafted into effect.2 years later,each of the two islands had a governor,both of them under a new flag,to which has been transferred power.In recognition of his war service,Lieutenant Elsnikov was made Captain of the navy and was responsible for the reformation of the armed forces.The charismatic captain maintained a high standard of the conduct of the armed forces throughout the last few years of his life.

However,althought a peace treaty was already signed by the powers in the orion archipelago,Aimuari island wanted control of Toba island so that it can alter the trade route to Chachapoya island and control Toba island's natural resources,since their economy has been crippled by the war.When news broke out reporting that the Aimuarians had occupied Toba island,Chachapoya immediately send its navy to remove their presence.However,due to the huge number of Aimuarian war frigates in the waters,only the ships carrying Captain Elsnikov and his regiment managed to land on Toba island.Despite limited supplies of weapons and food,Captain Elsnikov and his men refuses to retreat.When their supplies were finally depleted,Captain Elsnikov charged out to the battlefield carrying the national flag of Chachapoya island in an attempt to raise it up.His men followed after him and they struggled successfully to live up to their motto,"Death before dishonour".

A bronze statue depicting Captain Elsnikov and the few soldiers who braved the enemy's bullets in trying to raise the island's flag high will be made to show their sacrifice for the nation.
[Edit 28 times, last edit by MERITOCRAT at Jul 20, 2008 4:26:46 AM]
[Jun 27, 2008 8:46:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ariel_mac

Name Arielmac
Ocean Malachite

Event: Pillaging Picasso

Specifics: Your challenge this month is to choose a famous painting and to piratify it. Your changes can be subtle or obvious, simple or complex.

There will be two categories in this contest - "Created" and "Photoshopped".

Created
For entry in the Created category, the picture you submit should be all your own (in execution, that is). You select an original painting to base your work on, but the whole entry as submitted is created by yourself. This can be done fully by hand or computer-aided, but the work should be all yours.
Note: your entry should still be a parody of an existing well-known painting!
Note2: we've made some clarifications in the discussion about this category, to allow for entries that don't fit unambiguously in either category. The main distinction between the categories is that the Created category should be put together without using any part of the original picture. Existing images can be used from elsewhere, and put together to form a parody, but none of the original picture should be used. Acknowledgement of sources for existing art would be appreciated to save judging time.

Entry:

Original: Paul Cezanne Pyramid of Skulls

Entry: Arielmac

Made in Mspaint and Gimp
~ Arielmac (all oceans except Atlantic)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ariel_mac at Jun 29, 2008 9:10:40 AM]
[Jun 28, 2008 1:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CoolGuy46

Name: Verbocity,
Ocean: Hunter,
Original Thread Name: Bah! Lovebug!
Thread Link:Linky Linky
Word count: 403.. Word count tool used

Red Octo! Red Octo! <33

It was valentines day. Oh how I despised Valentines day! The day on which people expressed their love in many ways. That day never came for me. I waited and waited by the side of the river. Accompanied by a rainbow of colours from roses, bluebells, daffodills, You name it. The river rushed by, not stopping for a break, not once.

I sighed casually and got up and made me way home. As I was walking, I caught sight of an angel!

Her long, shiny blonde hair reflected the sunlight back into the air. It was pulled back neatly into a ponytail. Hey eyes sparkled like the stars of the night. Twinkling with joy. The deep oceanic blue colour of her eyes was spellbounding. Her rosy red cheeks were the colour of a rose in Mid summer, in its prime. Her lips were lightly shaded with a pink colour and had a scent of strawberries. Mmm.

I Ran over to meet her, but alas, She stepped onto a carrige and was dragged off by a pair of horses. I felt as though my heart had followed. It was gone. My heart had been ripped out of my chest. I felt horrible.

When I returned to my humble abode, I was accompanied by thoughts of this 'angel'. Dreams or nightmares, Taunting me, teasing me.

The next day my mind was set. I would follow this girl, even if I had to cross mountains or seas. I would find her and claim her. So, with that in mind, I set off on my long journey.

I travelled through citys and towns untill I met her. There she was standing before me. Just like she did at first. She smiled at me and revealed her pearl white teeth.

Immediately, without thinking, I got down onto one knee. And said,
"I may not know your name nor who you are but it is love at first sight. And with that being said, Will you Marry me and be my wife?"

At first, the woman looked at him then grinned and whispered into my ear: " Ofcourse, my dear." And kissed me on the cheek.
We were so excited, we got married that night, under the stars, with their blessing.

At that moment in time, my life blossomed into something wonderful and anew. I felt a warm glow inside of me.It was love, and nothing could ever change that ;)

God, That was so touching. I can't believe I wrote that! ;_;
Havnt checked for spelling errors.

Top Prize = Red Octopus....

Contact me by pm if I win? :D
Good luck all ;) And great event! :D Had fun writing this.
Coolevil Hunter Ocean
Coolevil on Ice,
Coolevil on Malachite (Pronounced Mala-Kite)
------------------------------------------------------------------
You told Jeffreypirat,"Nice octo."
Jeffreypirat tells you,"Thanks but its a mon
[Edit 3 times, last edit by CoolGuy46 at Jul 6, 2008 10:16:10 AM]
[Jun 29, 2008 5:02:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/coolevil [Link]  Go to top 
fatalkiller

Pirate name: Fatalkiller
Name of original event: Poetry Death Match

This is a poem about my crew, Out of order. Enjoy! =D

We are Out of order.
Just like windows, Out of order.
Just like that vending machine in the corner, Out of order.
And if you cross us you will become Out of order.
Out of order, Out of order, Out of order.
Beware, for we are OUT OF ORDER!
_ [ Fatalkiller on the Hunter Ocean ] _

Melissabell says, "mummy said never take candy from strangers so i always ask for there names first (Y)"
Melissabell says, "theres like no one named stranger"

[Edit 4 times, last edit by fatalkiller at Jul 5, 2008 4:32:55 PM]
[Jul 1, 2008 6:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrd84

Pirate name: Mazzy
Name of original event: Pirate Paparazzi
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=55719

[Edit: Fixed the linky. Thanks for telling me, Heph!]
Mazzy on Sage

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mrd84 at Jul 7, 2008 3:04:16 AM]
[Jul 2, 2008 1:51:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bloodfoxx

Pirate Name:Lazzuullii
Ocean:Viridian
Name of original event:Poetry Death Match - Round 2: Limerick
Link to the original event thread:Link

Issac once saw a black cat
That Cat was so darn fat
It drank all the grog
and now its a hog
that silly old scurvy fat rat
Lazzuullii on the Viridian Ocean

The fox has a belt for a reason.
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Bloodfoxx at Jul 5, 2008 10:12:33 AM]
[Jul 2, 2008 10:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Irule42

Poem.
I made this poem because I needed something catchy for my crew page.

Join us,
We're Viridian Gone Wild,
We're not crap,
We have Vanguard to help put us on the map,
I know I can't rap,
But Celtic and Man-U deserve a clap!
[Jul 3, 2008 9:45:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yung_feeney

Pirate Name: Carpa,
Name of original event: Write your own Obituary
Event Thread Link: Write your own Obituary
Prizes:

Black/tan parrot!
Black band trinket (This color cannot be purchased from the palace shoppe.)
Black/grey ribbon trinket
Black lily
White orchids
White/white handkerchief trinket
Pile of bones furniture
Blue urn furniture
Honorable mentions will win tombstones

455 words, Tool used: www.wordcounttool.com

Today, we are gathered together to remember the soul of a pirate. Not any pirate though. He be the pirate of a fine name, Carpa. He was unlike normal pirates, he lived a fine exciting life and left us at the age of 34. And this is how it happened:

He be crossing the raging seas, climbing waves. The ship hovered through the air and under the waves. The pirates screeched in terror untill their throats turned sore. As they were temporairily submerged, the water covered the ship like a deep blue blanket. The parrot on his shoulder began to let out a shrill screech and was stopped by the waves crashing over it.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, black clouds began to form in the sky. Thunder shook the skies, thunder crashed and the rain rattled down. Carpa grabbed a firm grip of the helm and began rapidly spinning it round in a clockwise fashion. Suddenly his fancy boots lost his grip and he slipped and slid to the other side of the boat as the great ship tilted violently to the side.

The great ship tossed and turned like a restless animal. As Carpa helplessly slid down the deck, he let out a yell in horror and his face turned pale as a gigantic wave towered above him. The shadow of the wave covered him like a sheet of darkness. The wave then followed.

The great wave came pounding down upon the ship and the ship gave way. The deck fell inwards and so did a few pirates. Although Carpa lay on the rest of the deck with his arms gripping onto the wood. He began to sweat and his grip began to loosen. His pinky slipped, then the next finger..and the next. He was hung on by two fingers. Denying his fate. Then he let go and fell down the hole to accompany his crewmates.

No sooner than re-uinited, they were seperated again as two of his crew mates, Senior Officers to be exact, were dragged under by a submerged shadow. One pirate grabbed hold of Carpa's boot and he was dragged down too.

The survivors grabbed any plank of wood that could be seen and kicked their feet rapidly in desperation to escape the dreaded situation.

The legend has it that Carpa's scream can still be heard in the winds as the ocean crashes onto the beach. And that him and his shipmates shall rise again from the depths of the ocean when trouble is brewing.

Carpa's accomplishments were great, although he wouldnt be there to recieve his medal, the captain of his crew recieved it and kept it in a safe place.

R.I.P Carpa
Born: 11th December 1974
Died: 05 June 2008
[Jul 5, 2008 1:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camelama

Camelama of Midnight
Original event: Build Your Own Familiar (BYOF)

Finished familiar:

I always have used cat5 and zip ties lying around so I figured I'd use those as raw materials . He is my favorite color (blue! Yay). Plus, his legs are flexible and can hold my name card and the required rubber ducky. Most important, he can hold 24 Bugles on the tips of his octo arms - but I don't have to worry about him eating them. What a great familiar. (munch munch munch)

In progress shots:
In the beginning, there was a ball of cat 5
weaving in the legs
more leg weaving
added eyes and a smile
He's got a duck and he's not afraid to use it!

Perching pictures:
Shoulder
Couch
Cat
look, the zip ties are the suckers on the underside of the octopus arms!

I showed this to a friend and she said "I knew it was a small step from you making an emergency belt out of cat5, to you making pets. Hon, you've got to get some help....."

Hee.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"
-Auntie Mame
[Jul 6, 2008 3:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Picklebeard6

original event- insult scervy!

well, this is more like 20,000 words, so i'll link the file.

One fine day, Scervy actually thought. This is the great story of which he thought, which is most likely not that great after all.

STORY!!!

at the end, add the words- "This is what Scervy thinks like, which means he's retarded and such."

do i get an A for effort?
Picklebeard O' the Hunter Ocean!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Picklebeard6 at Jul 6, 2008 9:19:20 PM]
[Jul 6, 2008 9:15:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Pirate: Sharkiez
Name of original event: Hermes Day in the Sun - Escape From the Night Watch!!!
Link to the original event thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=54371&offset=0

Title page
page1
page2
page3
page4
page5
page6
page7
page8
page9
page10
page11
page12

In the making of this comic:
*A pencil have died due to extensive working
*Only part of the comic were painted because paint was too expensive.

Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Ray_Leo at Jul 19, 2008 1:50:08 AM]
[Jul 8, 2008 1:36:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Pirate: Rhodin
Ocean: Viridian
Name of Original Event: Slice of Life II
Familiar Preference: White/brown parrot. >.>

Rhegg Cross Sections

I'm just as surprised as you are that I didn't think of this before.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jul 9, 2008 6:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Teuts

Pirate: Teuts
Original Event: The Pillaging Picasso (created section)

Original picture: "Hand with Reflecting Sphere", M.C. Escher 1935 (on right)
New picture: "Hand with Reflecting Bowl", Teuts 2008 (on left)

Drawn with pencil on paper.

Link to larger version of Hand with Reflecting Bowl
Teuts on Viridian
Compulsive Event Enterer
Rabbitfish development
Avatar by Foilbeard (andman). Won in "Crabs, puffers, jellies, oh my!" competition.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Teuts at Jul 9, 2008 8:47:12 PM]
[Jul 9, 2008 8:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~jteu004/ [Link]  Go to top 
barbikelley

Barbigrl
Cobalt Ocean

The Pillaging Picasso For the created category

Title of original painting Deer Mule Skull with Flowers
Artist of original painting Georgia O'keefe

My entry

Skellie Skull with Fray Fee

Created with Watercolors, pencil, paper

prize wanted purple octi
Barbigrl on the Cobalt Ocean and everywhere else as well

so of Blonde Ninja Pirates
Static Before the Storm
[Jul 9, 2008 9:05:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nightorday

I made a doll for the U gif doll event! It's more of an action figure really. But doll none-the-less.

Original event: Link

I used Sculpey, aluminum foil, and paint. Oh and a tiny bit of colored paper.

Finished Product:

Other Views:1 , 2

In Process: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

And alas! My very own, not so squishy cepholopod ACTION FIGURE. ( If you look closely, in one of the pictures i feature the hypnos doll i did for the original u gif doll event!)
Laceymarie of midnight

Eurydice says, "yar im i pirat"
Sychopirate says, "I'm eating nuts. Anyone else want some?"

[Jul 9, 2008 10:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Pirate Name: Panteraa
Name of original event: Shake Yer Booty!
Link to original event: Here!

Contest-specific info

I entered Category 1.

My song is made ENTIRELY of YPP sounds, no other! I used a program called Reason 4.

And here's a link to my song!

Sources: Game sounds only (In alphabetical order):

atlantean_challenge
ball_drop
ball_explode
ball_land_charged
ball_pass
bet_chips
cannon_fire_big
cannon_fire_medium
cannon_fire_small
cannon_hit
cannon_splash
cannon_splash2
charged_ball_explode
check
combo_explode_3
combo_explode_5
magic_water_encounter
opponent_knocked_out2
rock_damage
shaft_warning_small
ship_moves
ship_moves2
ship_sunk
skull_fire
star_drop
turn_in_place
turn_in_place_wind

Many thanks! It was very fun to make :)
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[Jul 10, 2008 11:49:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kristy102

Pirate name: Yteyet
Ocean: Virdian
Name of orginal event: Valentine's Day Contest (By Apollo)
Link to event
Specifics: No specifics that I could find.

Preferable familiar (There were choices): Octopus

Person I'm basing it on: Apollo
Since Apollo couldn't suffer be loved because he was the judge, I decided to do it on him <3

Entry:
Oh, Apollo
Many people think ye may be hollow
But people with heart-filled eyes,
Will see otherwise

Yer posts make me giggle with happiness and glee
Which is an example of how happy we would be

If we could go on a date, oh how wonderful it would be
With roses, candles, dinner, and anything else ye would like to see

We'd do whatever we wanted to our hearts content
We would never fill our heart's with lement

We would be so happy together
If only ye could see

We would be so happy together
Us, together, forever

I don't mean to sound cheesy
I don't mean to sound lame

But think of all the merry times we'd have

You'd be my Valentines
And I'd be ye's

Yer an idol, a God
At least you'll always be that way, with me.

Yteyet

Retired, kinda.
[Jul 10, 2008 12:30:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lindworm
Developer

Beautiful!

You're quite talented!

Pirate: Teuts
Original Event: The Pillaging Picasso (created section)

Original picture: "Hand with Reflecting Sphere", M.C. Escher 1935 (on right)
New picture: "Hand with Reflecting Bowl", Teuts 2008 (on left)

Drawn with pencil on paper.

Link to larger version of Hand with Reflecting Bowl

[Jul 10, 2008 3:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 79   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates