• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 166
Posts: 166   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 26367 times and has 165 replies Next Thread
GreenTail

Diastrophic Change! Island Give Away June 22, 11:59 AM. Updated Prizes!!

We have an island to give away!

Lovely Diastrophe

located in the north west of the Garnet Archipelago! This island has good visitation from the merchant bots, as it is near several uninhabited islands. The fort, like all forts, can buy and sell any commodity. Diastrophe also comes furnished with a ship shoppe, capable of making any kind of ship!

If ye (or someone in yer flag) enjoys running commodities (especially moving sail cloth) for profit, ye've always wanted to see ye name on an island notice board, ye'd lub to make big ships, yer flag does not already hold an island, and yer flag has fame of at least Noted, this is the event for ye!

When: Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM game time (Pacific).

What: 3 round, non-sinking blockade. We will be enforcing ship limits, however.

Rules: For round 1, ye may field 4 sloops at any given time. For round 2, 2 cutters are allowed. Round 3 is just one brig per flag. These ship requirements were used in the Conglin give-away event, and provide a nice variety of navving styles while maintaining a relatively constant staff requirement. Mates fielding more than the alloted amount of ships will receive a warning; if they do not immediately return to port their flag will be disqualified. If two flags seem to be assisting each other on the board, the navvers will be warned. If the collusion continues, both flags will be disqualified. Winners will be based on total points acquired over the three rounds, so if one round goes poorly, yer not sunk yet!

Prizes: Updated! Apollo granted us renames! Yay Apollo!

First Place: An inscribed jeweled north star pin! Also, Polaris will transfer Diastrophe to this flag, with us paying the island transfer fee.
Second Place: This flag gets an inscribed jeweled north star pin and the war frig, Molten Valava, ported at Diastrophe.
Third Place: This flag receives an inscribed jeweled north star pin and the war brig, Hot Valava, ported at Diastrophe.
Fourth Place: This flag receives an inscribed jeweled north star pin and the cutter, Fiery Valava, ported at Diastrophe.

To Enter: Reply to this thread with yer flag name, monarch's name, and list of 4 navvers (+alternates). Navver names may be changed up until 2 hours before the event. Move many sloops (any "sunken" ships may not re-enter the board, but may be replaced by new ships), cutters, and brigs to Diastrophe island. Make sure ye scrounge up stocks for them (good recommended stocks are included in the Conglin event details). Jobber pay may help ye, but note that ye can pretty much staff all ships for all rounds with just 20 or so mates.

Disclaimers: Polaris is not responsible or liable for eruptions of the volcano on Diastrophe or any associated earthquakes. In the event we are blockaded and lose the island before June 22, this event post should be ignored/pointed and laughed at/looked back at wistfully.

I hope to see many flags getting a taste of the fun and excitement of blockading and island ownership! If ye have any questions, feel free to ask here or pm me. Thanke mates!

~Guppygurl, gov'nah pro tempore of Diastrophe
----------------------------------------
Guppygurl, Cobalt Ocean.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by GreenTail at Jul 16, 2008 4:16:42 PM]
[Jun 8, 2008 12:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Re: Diastrophic Change! Island Give Away June 22, 11:59 AM

Sounds like fun XD

What if flags cheat and put in more ships then there is supposed to be?
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ilyarus2004 at Jun 8, 2008 2:25:21 PM]
[Jun 8, 2008 2:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreenTail

Mates fielding more than the alloted amount of ships will receive a warning; if they do not immediately return to port their flag will be disqualified. If two flags seem to be assisting each other on the board, the navvers will be warned. If the collusion continues, both flags will be disqualified.

We'll have several mates on an observation ship to watch for that. If necessary, we can also load up a brig/brigs to sink cheaters off the board. If ye are a member of an island-holding flag or are otherwise not planning on entering, help us police! Please reply here or pm me to volunteer :)
Guppygurl, Cobalt Ocean.
[Jun 8, 2008 2:32:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Mates fielding more than the alloted amount of ships will receive a warning; if they do not immediately return to port their flag will be disqualified. If two flags seem to be assisting each other on the board, the navvers will be warned. If the collusion continues, both flags will be disqualified.

We'll have several mates on an observation ship to watch for that. If necessary, we can also load up a brig/brigs to sink cheaters off the board. If ye are a member of an island-holding flag or are otherwise not planning on entering, help us police! Please reply here or pm me to volunteer :)

I will enter still need to get the list of navvers sound like a really fun day.
Russian on Midnight.

[Jun 8, 2008 5:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peglegfred

If ye are a member of an island-holding flag or are otherwise not planning on entering, help us police! Please reply here or pm me to volunteer :)

I'd be glad to help there, and I can get Fireangel with me to make the siren noises.
Bloodworthy, kinda here for your abuse
[Jun 8, 2008 7:00:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nover62

Weeeeeee Oooooooo Weeeeeee Oooooooo !!!
Fireangel
[Jun 8, 2008 7:04:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltyjane5

Weeeeeee Oooooooo Weeeeeee Oooooooo !!!

Oh! Job me up! I wanna play wif da Siren.....ermmmm...I wanna hear FireAngel bleat out siren noises while I play wif her....ermmmm

Yeah; just job me up plx! = D
Stupidhead said:
Why is it that I enjoy 2 monkeys hitting each other over the head so much?

Some people hang around with fat people to make themselves look skinnier...me?
I hang with the Slow Kids! You do the deducing. = )
[Jun 8, 2008 7:54:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

<3 Jane.

Me, too, plx. If I am no longer injured, I wanna play wif da siren, too.

IV

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Jun 8, 2008 8:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

I'd like to help as well.

...Slow Kid Police Force?

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Jun 8, 2008 9:09:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sophiarrr

I'll happily help. But I don't think I make as good siren noises as Fire does.
--Sophiarr, a proud data point of Scatter Plot.
"Spelling is not an area in which your ordinary human freedoms should be allowed free rein; there are no human rights appeals against the facts of spelling." -Geoffrey K. Pullum, Language Log
[Jun 9, 2008 2:09:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sbg_dr

I'll come and help too, Fire promised us a pie.
You can called me Syd, Syddie, Sydders, heck even Syddiepants but not Sydney please :-P.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sbg_dr at Jun 9, 2008 3:11:32 AM]
[Jun 9, 2008 3:11:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreenTail

Excellent. We got us a posse. Thanke to all the mates volunteering to police! We have plenty of brigs at Diastrophe, so it looks like we can staff several simultaneously (if more mates continue to volunteer). Hopefully that will dissuade mates from cheating and instead focus on winning within the rules :D
Guppygurl, Cobalt Ocean.
[Jun 9, 2008 10:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

I'd be happy to add my name to the policing list.

Now, who knows where I can get a Village People style cop helmet and fake 'tache?
Pyralis, SO of Axis Analemma, Prince of Maniacal Menagerie.
[Jun 9, 2008 2:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

Now, who knows where I can get a Village People style cop helmet and fake 'tache?

Arrsome's Tailoring Stall on DN has what u need lol.

*petitions Oshies to make a coppie hat and stache*
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Jun 9, 2008 2:36:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
paintbgeek

i aint got nithing better to do, ill be a police, and follow in the old man (BW)'s footsteps
Paindpirate on cobalt

your not a real pirate untill youve "quit" the game

avvatar by Gtmac daddy
[Jun 9, 2008 4:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

With all these police, it seems there may be a shortage of potential criminals.

Wonder if I can get up to noted
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Jun 9, 2008 4:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Ye ownz Ravens lol, i love the island notice thing
lol
Russian on Midnight.

[Jun 9, 2008 5:38:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I'll help with the sirens...er, policing. :D
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Jun 9, 2008 5:59:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

lol

He governs it, but he doesn't own it. He's just a political figurehead, a puppet being manipulated by the Evil Dark Council.

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Jun 9, 2008 9:32:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

lol

He governs it, but he doesn't own it. He's just a political figurehead, a puppet being manipulated by the Evil Dark Council.

You say political figurehead, a puppet being manipulated by the Evil Dark Council like its a bad thing
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Jun 9, 2008 9:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

I'll be there to do something.

Be it nav in an alt flag and take Diastrophe secretly..or just bounce in and screw with other flags trying to win it.

Can't make it easy ya know? =P
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Jun 9, 2008 10:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jodiee5

Event Entry Details

Flag name: Valor
Monarch's name: Donbert
Navigators: Elfkin, Fisty, Gweenie, Jodiee (subject to change)
Alternates: Bloodyz,
-:|:- Jodiee -:|:-
|= Bad Sushi =|= Valor =| (Cobalt)
|= Pineapples =|= Charon Feather =| (Malachite)
| = THINK PINK = |
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Jodiee5 at Jun 20, 2008 8:37:34 PM]
[Jun 10, 2008 5:11:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jodiee [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

Event Entry Details

Flag Name: Wench
Monarch's name: Wenchbrandi
Navigators: Steveyohoho, Lukyjack, Livy, Captscorpio. Alts - Silentpirate, Intothbreech, Ellouise
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Obsidian ocean
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Steveyohoho at Jun 21, 2008 11:55:35 PM]
[Jun 10, 2008 6:45:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Can we have like more then 4 navvers can, so like if one leaves can we put in another or i don't have the 4th navver for the first round.
Russian on Midnight.

[Jun 10, 2008 6:58:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Can we have like more then 4 navvers can, so like if one leaves can we put in another or i don't have the 4th navver for the first round.

Was this even close to a proper english sentence?
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Jun 10, 2008 9:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreenTail

If ye mean "Can we post more than 4 navver names?" The answer is aye, that's what "list of 4 navvers (+ alternates)" means. I strongly encourage mates to post more than 4 names just in case one of their navvers has difficulties during the event.

On a side note, I am very pleased to see the entries so far! Please keep them coming!
Guppygurl, Cobalt Ocean.
[Jun 10, 2008 9:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

What i meant is that if we have four navvers on a list and alternatives and if only 1 navver makes it can alternatives nav? Even if their on alternative list?
Russian on Midnight.

[Jun 10, 2008 10:25:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Just out of curiosity if ye want to share lol How much rum and cballs should i have per ship?
Russian on Midnight.

[Jun 10, 2008 10:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blissbabe

The alternatives are your back up. You can use them if one of the 4 you are actually planning on using doesn't show up. Or if 3 show up, I'm guessing you can use 3 alternatives if you have them listed.
As for the balls and rum, it's whatever you think you'll need I guess.
Blackdress.
The Wise Romtu wrote: 
A quote is a fragment of the soul that flutters through the breeze like dominoes. Grasp it too tightly, and it will reach critical mass. One cannot own ones words.

[Jun 10, 2008 11:41:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/theroseline [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

Event Entry Details

Flag name: blackstar
Monarch's name: Prplangel
Navigators: Prplangel, Evilchris, Passiontiger, Wippit
[Jun 11, 2008 3:15:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 166   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates