• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2751 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
matiano

How might rings are decided Reply to this Post

I understand taht might rings determine the strength of the pirates on the ship, but does it also factor in the kind of ship?

Example: I'm the co on a sloop and a war brig shows up green. I really would to go into a fight like this but if it factors in how good the ships are I would be much more inclined to engage.

Disclaimer: (This is jsut an example. I am not responsible for anyone who tries this and loses. )
----------------------------------------
Matiano (only on Cobalt and not responsible for anything a Midnight Matiano might do.)
Officer of Moonstruck Marauders
[Jul 31, 2004 6:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Re: How might rings are decided Reply to this Post

At one point, there was indeed a ship type modifier on the might calculation. I don't know whether or not it's still there, though.

atteSmythe,
marginally useful

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jul 31, 2004 6:53:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Here's a suggestion: Should a ship's might rating be lowed if it has a lot of carp damage?
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Aug 1, 2004 2:08:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vurogj

I'm pretty sure ship size (or at least shot size) affects might, I recently had a lot o' empty ships deported at one island, and takin' turns boardin' them made the some o' the might rings change colour.
Older, crankier,
still haz da phat haiku skillz.
Tawnee on Midnight.
Apollo says, "Tawnee, I should have known you were involved."
[Aug 2, 2004 3:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    vurogj    vurojg [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

I'm pretty sure ship size is irrelevant to Might Rating. I saw that screenshot though Tawnee and I remember thinking something looked odd about it.

Might Rating is determined by some calculations involving the Number of Pirates on Board and their Sea Battle Standings.

And a damaged ship should not have a lower Might Rating. Might Rating includes the Sea Battle Standing, which should factor in the ability to handle and ensure the ship is well ran. If you can't properly sail a ship, then you deserve to get your behind (and that of your Sea Battle Standing's) knocked down a few levels until you face Brigands of appropriate level where you can handle the ship.

Besides, it'd make it rather easy to abuse to max my own Merchant Galleon and set sail with an even lower Might Rating.
[Aug 2, 2004 3:50:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates