• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 41497 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
fearlessphil

Viridian Blockade Videos

Ahoy!

On Sage I have been recording many blockade videos lately, and though it was about time to roll it out onto the other Oceans.

The general idea, is for an occupant of your Ocean to record the blockades on your Ocean, so that a record of them all can be kept.

If ye feel that ye can record a blockade, please make a post to that effect, so that we do not (hopefully) end up with five people recording one, and no-body recording another.

Sage Blockade Video forum link

Blockade Video Website

Recording guide

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, by PM, as Fearlessphil on the Sage Ocean, posting in this thread, or email me Fearlessphil@blockadevideos.com

I hope that we can make this work!
----------------------------------------
Fearlessphil

Trial the new version of Blockadevideos.com
Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demeter at Mar 14, 2009 7:41:57 PM]
[May 26, 2008 3:43:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_of_Pink

Re: Viridian Blockade Videos

Ahoy mates!!

I'm Silencedrose of the Sage ocean but i have sneakily come into the Viridian Ocean and i have been watching and Recording your blockades!! I thought that i should have started with Dendrite 10!! hooray!!

I will be frequenting your ocean from now on with my little camera so please so save my boredom bring in the kades!! All for SHIPS and ALL SHIPS FOR THE SINK!! WOOTZ!!

Ok So for your viewing pleasure:
Dendrite 10
Round 1 (34mb)
Round 2 (40mb)
Round 3 (37mb)
Silencedrose of Sage

Unfortunately a dozen dumb rants don't amount to one intelligent notion. I'm all about girl power, but don't jump on the bandwagon for the sake of the ride, especially if the number plate reads "DIMWIT".
[May 26, 2008 3:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Oh excellent, if you ever need ships at certain islands feel free to let me know and I can hook you up. Also if nodoby volunteer's to record I will happily pay the 5k/round to you if im here Fearlessphil.
Seepnah
[May 26, 2008 4:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Oh excellent, if you ever need ships at certain islands feel free to let me know and I can hook you up. Also if nodoby volunteer's to record I will happily pay the 5k/round to you if im here Fearlessphil.

The idea of the 5k is to try to persuade other people to do it. I do not really want to be a "pay for videos" type service, but as you will understand, I cannot record all the blockades on all oceans simultaneously (my computers cannot quite handle it).

Thank ye fer yer interest in the project though :)

Also, a massive thank you to Silencedrose, for her first attempt at recording a blockade. Thanks Rose, you rawk! <3
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fearlessphil at May 26, 2008 5:21:50 AM]
[May 26, 2008 4:48:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Shawn13

I love it. Is there any way to enhance the quality, though? I have trouble seeing the score...
Shawnq on Viridian

BK blockades are like masturbation. They can help during a drought, but they're nothing compared to the real thing and will never replace it.

[May 26, 2008 10:54:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

I love it. Is there any way to enhance the quality, though? I have trouble seeing the score...

Unfortunately, that has something to do with compressing the video for uploading.

When the video is recorded to start off with, the file is around 1GB in size, now, apart from that taking people years to upload to the webserver (uploads = slow, unless you have a dedicated line or have paid for additional upline bandwidth), it would also take the end viewer ages to download again.

We compress the videos to around 35-45mb per round, we feel that what we have to sacrifice in the quality is worth it for the smaller film size.

Something which someone suggested in the Sage Blockade Video thread was to use the Microsoft Magnifier to view the scores (I cannot provide support on this). My personal suggestion, is to plug your PC into your TV and watch it (no really, its amazing!).

However, if anyone has suggestions on cleaning it up, I am more than willing to listen to them.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[May 26, 2008 11:02:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Purepedro45

That was great, thanks mate :).
[May 26, 2008 11:52:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
courtkid1012

If I ever nav I'll pay you a nice foil to zoom in on my ship and put a nice red circle around it. Either that or if I suck then just circle Rude's ship or something and say it's me.
Chinchi on all oceans. (Viridian)
Ducha De Oro of Riddle Makers

Inspire others
^Click
[May 26, 2008 7:19:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_of_Pink

Sorry about that mate that was kinda my fault my screen wasn't that crash hot hehe but hopefully i can fix that ^_^

See u at the next kades :)
Silencedrose of Sage

Unfortunately a dozen dumb rants don't amount to one intelligent notion. I'm all about girl power, but don't jump on the bandwagon for the sake of the ride, especially if the number plate reads "DIMWIT".
[May 26, 2008 10:44:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Technician

Quality stuff Phil and Rose!

Just outta curiousity, would you be able to provide a service including specified written notes as to accompany the videos upon request?

Rover Edit: added the below

Hhahhahaha just watched the video and seen whos who. Wondered what you was on about last night Avi, apologies for being vague but just got back after a week away. Catch you ingame for a further chat sometime.
Rover of Viridian
VOTE FOR ME HERE!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Technician at May 27, 2008 8:00:39 AM]
[May 27, 2008 7:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunkhan

Why did the videoed blockade have to be my worst performance in a blockade so far?

:(

Will have to watch it and learn from my mistakes.
Dunkhan of the Meridian Ocean
[May 27, 2008 1:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_of_Pink

Why did the videoed blockade have to be my worst performance in a blockade so far?

:(

Will have to watch it and learn from my mistakes.

Im sorry dear! But we all have to start somewhere <3

Rover as for your comment what kind of notes are you looking for exactly? Im sure phil would be able to find away :P
Silencedrose of Sage

[May 27, 2008 2:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Technician

Rover as for your comment what kind of notes are you looking for exactly?

Would be nice to identify who in change of which boat. Easier said than done this I suppose though although in theory its possible. Mates making the video listing whos on which boat upon entry onto the board and then I suppose it would be the responsibility of the video watcher to track the boat as it manouvers about the board. I suppose you could hover the cursor over a boat throughout the 45 mins of gameplay as so it continually shows the boat name but thats too much to ask of you the video makers.

Just thinking aloud.
Rover of Viridian
VOTE FOR ME HERE!
[May 27, 2008 5:10:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_of_Pink

Ok hmmm im going to have a thought about this but it may take a bit of work... ^_^ I'll let you knoow
Silencedrose of Sage

[May 27, 2008 8:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Technician

<3
Rover of Viridian
VOTE FOR ME HERE!
[May 27, 2008 9:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Watched it.. loved it. Thanks for giving me something to do while pretending to work.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[May 27, 2008 9:24:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Just outta curiousity, would you be able to provide a service including specified written notes as to accompany the videos upon request?

Maybe, although I personally would prefer that someone from Viridian did it, as they would better understand the underlying politics, thus being able to write better, more useful notes.

Would be nice to identify who in change of which boat. Easier said than done this I suppose though although in theory its possible. Mates making the video listing whos on which boat upon entry onto the board and then I suppose it would be the responsibility of the video watcher to track the boat as it manouvers about the board. I suppose you could hover the cursor over a boat throughout the 45 mins of gameplay as so it continually shows the boat name but thats too much to ask of you the video makers.

This is fine, in principle, although I will probably read faster than most people, and when we have applied the speed up when compiling the video, this could become unreadable. If anything, this information would be best if placed in a downloadable .txt document. I would suggest that if ye want this information, you talk to the admiral for each side in the 'cade. I do not know if it is the same on Viridian, but on Sage they will happily tell you who was on each ship.
If needs be, to get this information and put it onto the web, I can write a short "ship/navver" entry page, so that it wacks the info into the blockade videos database, and reproduces it on another page, or even as said downloadable .txt file. However, when recording, it hogs up the entire computer (joys of having to run Y!PP full screened), so unless it is me, with my (currently) 5 working computers this would be impossible for the majority of people.

I am interested in this idea though... If you talk to the various major admirals, and see if they would be willing to enter in a simple data entry form, or even find someone who would like to do so, I am more than willing to give it a few trial goes to see how it all works out.

Now, after writing what possibly could be my longest reply in any Parley, I bid ye farewell whilst I head off to work.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[May 27, 2008 11:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_of_Pink

Ahoy again fellow pirates!! Im back with another kade!! Weee

Dendrite 11
Round 1
Round 2

Ok this was a BK round so there wasnt a third round... Well there was but no ACTION!! lol

I missed out on Kirin sadly due to the fact that it was at 5am my time... Being Aussie and all...

In saying that im calling out for another to assist me. I have the ships kindly provided to me by a good friend from sage <3 All u need is to learn what to do and have a alt with a Officer Badge!! Everything else im happy to do!!

Anyway thankyou Viridian for another kade and i look forward to sneaking into your ocean more!!
Silencedrose of Sage

[Jun 2, 2008 8:14:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Fintan 3
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Thank you Viridian for allowing me to invade yer server, and for putting on such a massive show for it!

Oh, and the guy who bumped the recording ship off the board twice in round two, was Tisunami. /e places a 10k bounty for a sucessful PVP against them (screenshots to be submitted via PM to me please). I have no idea if you place bounties on Viridian, but it is the way things are done on Sage.

Enjoy.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fearlessphil at Jun 9, 2008 3:25:27 AM]
[Jun 9, 2008 3:23:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Technician

Much appreciated Phil (and team) for taking the time to record and document this blockade <3
Rover of Viridian
VOTE FOR ME HERE!
[Jun 9, 2008 5:56:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smellysmell

Thanks a bunch!
Unlike Thom i didnt set up a second moniter to watch while busy on land Jcing.
And i get to watch me nav in round 3 >=) ABLE FTW!!!
<3!
Smellysmell, no baths since est 1994.
<3
[Jun 9, 2008 6:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Thanks Phil for recording! Shame that Tisunami decided to bump us off a few times. >_>

(And huzzah! Proof that I can nav a whirlpool.)
Anchovia
[Jun 9, 2008 7:06:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alamarana88

And proof that I shot up our entire nav team at one point or another.
>_>
Sorry guys!!! ><
Griffinbane of Viridian
Retired

Echelon says, "nothing like having the power of the bristle 5000 between your legs!"

[Jun 9, 2008 7:57:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
disneymama

yay me glub glubing on video
[Jun 9, 2008 9:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedsMcGee

yay me glub glubing on video

We didn't need to see proof to believe that happened though. *wink wink* KISSES
Reds
SO - Regent
Lady - TP

Tempestblitz says, "I've decided I too can "grind" for hours and be rewarded like Kory is; however, instead of grinding in rock traps I am just going to grind various Devs until I own everything."
[Jun 9, 2008 1:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    estellem5 [Link]  Go to top 
WendyPoo

Griffy wrote: 
And proof that I shot up our entire nav team at one point or another.
>_>
Sorry guys!!! ><

Rawr! we were both giving and receiving each other's friendly fire... once too many >.> lol but double teaming a frig together was awesome! yay Griffy!

And thanks for the videos! Greatly appreciated mate!
Wendypoo
Captain of Mare Magnus
Lady of Sea Change

Rover Flag Officer Chat wrote: 
I am personally wearing an aqua thong right now as I am a proud flaggie

Avi created by Fireopal
[Jun 9, 2008 3:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Technician

Wendypoo wrote: 
Rawr! we were both giving and receiving....

ORLY?
Rover of Viridian
VOTE FOR ME HERE!
[Jun 9, 2008 5:51:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawn13

Wendypoo wrote: 

ORLY?

Hey look! Thats sexual-sounding!
lolz
Shawnq on Viridian

BK blockades are like masturbation. They can help during a drought, but they're nothing compared to the real thing and will never replace it.

[Jun 10, 2008 9:59:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WendyPoo

Shawnq wrote: 
Rovie wrote: 
Wendypoo wrote: 

ORaLY?

Hey look! Thats sexual-sounding!
lolz

It took me a while to get it... -___-

And stop ORLY-ing me with everything! It happened on the SC forums recently too! I saw it! You make me sound naughty! >:(
Wendypoo
Captain of Mare Magnus
Lady of Sea Change

Rover Flag Officer Chat wrote: 
I am personally wearing an aqua thong right now as I am a proud flaggie

Avi created by Fireopal
[Jun 10, 2008 2:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

Those videos show in a very dark black and white for me. = (

I have this problem with stuff that plays in Windows Media Player and sometimes DivX. Any hints to bring color to my life? And no, QuickTime won't open those files.
~ Reepacheep
:: Found on the Meridian Ocean
:: Sail with me
[Jun 10, 2008 3:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates