Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4334 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
cybrpyro

[Polish] Sloop Futbol Reply to this Post

Sloop Futbol (Soccer)

The Field:
• Event blockade
• 3 rounds
• Non-sinking/no removal
• Minimal obstacles/wind

The Teams:
• 15 people per side
• 2 teams per game
• Teams can bring in any size and number of ship(s) they want

The Set-up:
• 1 sloop (The Ball) begins in the middle of the field with a Referee and his observers or bots aboard.
• The Ball is not allowed to carp, bilge or move unless it gets stuck.
• Team A starts Island side
• Team B starts ocean side
• Both teams wait until The Ball gets to the middle and the Referee (the pilot of The Ball) says go before entry onto the blockade board. (being in the safe zone is ok)
• Upon The Ball Re-entry no one can touch The Ball until The Ball is in place and the Referee says to begin again. Teams may jockey for position during this time.

Rules:
• Each team tries to push The Ball to the other side of the board and off. Team A pushes to Ocean side, Team B pushes for Island side.
• Teams are allowed to shoot each other and The Ball
• Teams are allowed to abandon ships
• Teams are NOT allowed to go over their 15 pirate roster on the board. The Referee and his (her) assistant will be constantly checking on team sizes on ships on the board.
• Flag points do NOT count
• A Match will play in 2 halves (rounds) and in case of a tie, a sudden death round will be played.
• In case of The Ball being stuck, Both teams will immediately back off of the ball when the Referee tells them to and the Referee will attempt to move The Ball as quickly as possible out of the stuck position in a minimal, neutral manner (toward neither side). If a neutral manner is not possible, The Ball will be moved favorable to the team that is losing. The Match will re-start on the referee’s go. If The Ball can not get unstuck, a new Ball will be put into play as close to the old ball in a neutral manner. If a neutral manner is not possible, The Ball will be moved favorable to the team that is losing.
• Any situation that arises outside of these rules will be dealt with by the Referee’s in a neutral manner as possible.
• In case of 3rd party interference the 3rd party will be asked to leave. If they choose not to, The Referee will attempt to call in an “enforcer” to neutralize said 3rd party and move them from play.
• The team that pushes The Ball off the board the most wins.

Your comments/suggestions encouraged. This is how the event will be tested with further plans to open up a league.

-Cybr
----------------------------------------
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[May 22, 2008 12:48:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Re: [Polish] Sloop Futbol Reply to this Post

My main curiosity is that of dealing with bots. Are they allowed on player ships? If not, how will that be enforced?
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[May 22, 2008 9:38:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

There's really no way to enforce that other than setting minimum staffing levels for ships, but then it can be gotten around by alting in a greenie. I am open to suggestions.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 23, 2008 5:39:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paul_pegleg

Only thing I can see wrong with this is that the "Ball", not being able to carp or bilge, will be put to port once it is full damage. And with 2 ships pushing on it, that will not take long to acheive. And even if you did "sink" the other "team" you will still MAX the ball on damage before it gets to one side.

You will have to have (pardon the expression) lots of "Balls" to score one goal.

But I like the idea. Sounds like fun.

Dukeofwales
Captain of the Crimson Sabers
King of the Crimson Horizons
On the Cobalt Ocean
[May 23, 2008 10:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Well, the blockade will be set to non-sinking, no removal, so just really need 1 ball per score, that and the "ref" can always bring the deflated ball into the safe zone after a score and put the bots to work re-inflating the ball. ;-)

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 23, 2008 12:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nover62

One suggestion I do have...

I would recommend having at least 3 people on the "ball". That way, they can (attempt to) keep up with any damage and bilge, and should the need arise to move the "ball", would cut down on the amount of time needed to correct the problem.

Just a thought.
Fireangel
[May 26, 2008 5:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MakeContact

I'm running the same kind of event here mate.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1532198#1532198
Wooden.

Hurly says, "i bend over tables for blockades"
Hurly says, "its the bumper sticker on my sloop"
[Jun 1, 2008 6:32:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

If a league were formed and a season carried out, any suggestions what a good prize would be for 15 person teams?

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Jun 2, 2008 3:17:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MakeContact

As for prizes, I say a metal(s) for the winner(s), 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Poe is always a hit also.

Hope that helps a little
Wooden.

Hurly says, "i bend over tables for blockades"
Hurly says, "its the bumper sticker on my sloop"
[Jun 4, 2008 12:23:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

So just poe and medals are the only suggestions?

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Jun 18, 2008 11:56:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GTMac

So just poe and medals are the only suggestions?

Not hardly! If you get a league going this seriously needs OM support so we can get a Sloop Futbol Cup Trophy!

Plus, you indicated that there would be 15 pirates on the board, but the teams should be larger to accommodate team members' schedules. I was thinking of 20 so we could have subs/alternates.
Gtmac of Cobalt
Captain of the crew Damned Dirty Apes
Prince of the flag Scatter Plot
[Edit 1 times, last edit by GTMac at Jun 18, 2008 1:47:54 PM]
[Jun 18, 2008 1:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Did a test run on this last night. Some things we found:

-This will be a better event running only smaller ships as it will cause better team work. Will try another run using only longships or dhows and smaller.

-The ball can get blocked by a team so it can not be moved. if this happens both teams should be warned and given xx turns to un-block the ball. if not the Ref should move the ball from the blocking ASAP

-It takes about 3-4 mins to get the ball into play from the start or after a goal. A suggestion would be to have a 2nd ball at the ready, but out of the line of play so it can be moved in a bit faster.

Please feel free to add any other suggestions.

Over all everyone had a good time, so on that front it's good, as well as quite playable.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Jul 31, 2008 5:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arrmate111

Instead of imposing a limit of pirates, how about a limit of ships on the board? It would save the ref's a lot of work. How about that?
[Jul 31, 2008 11:12:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]