• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 88
Posts: 88   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40001 times and has 87 replies Next Thread
Rick9109

Re: Midnight Blockade Videos

Thanks mate, I really appreciate this.
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Aug 12, 2008 5:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
HockeyRas

Are there any blockade videos from Remora? And will be there some from Lag this afternoon?
~Bootymoe
SO of The Booty Mooners
Ex-Govenor of Winter Solstice
[Aug 24, 2008 10:37:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Ok mates,

Here is the deal. For each round of a blockade which someone records, and is able to upload to my webserver to add to the collection of blockade videos, I will pay them 10k.

Please obviously don't all try recording the same thing, as I will not pay more than once. Just post in this thread that you will be recording the blockade, or even just a round of it.

Instructions are on the blockade videos website.

For uploading information, please PM me after the recordings are done, and I will give you logon details.

I hope that you guys manage to get recordings!

Note: PoE only available for collection on green Oceans, you can have it in doub form instead, if so wished.
Fearlessphil

Trial the new version of Blockadevideos.com
Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jan 31, 2009 9:21:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

Did anyone record the Wrasse VII blockade by any chance?
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Jan 31, 2009 9:48:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
matt121493

While I'd gladly go record the Iris blockade, your website is down so its impossible to upload anyhow.
~ Bubbaspike, SO and Damsel of Bu Shi Do, Midnight ~
~Prince of Death Before Dishonor~

Life is a Box of Chocolates! All Oceans! Win a pig!
[Jan 31, 2009 10:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

While I'd gladly go record the Iris blockade, your website is down so its impossible to upload anyhow.

If you could record it anyway please mate, the uploads are handled by FTP.

The site is currently being re-written, so the booches in it will go away shortly.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jan 31, 2009 10:25:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Delta 8
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Thank you very much for being as accommodating as always, and a massive thank you to Dchow for getting me straight onto a ship to record from!

Enjoy!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Feb 8, 2009 4:37:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Byrne 13
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Hephaestus 6
Round 1
Round 2

Thanks to anyone I contacted for ship loans, I love coming to Midnight to record, as you are all sooo accomodating!

Enjoy the videos.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fearlessphil at Mar 6, 2009 10:05:28 AM]
[Mar 2, 2009 6:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Hephaestus 7
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Enjoy
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 10, 2009 6:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

That's awesome! Thanks so much! :D
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Mar 10, 2009 11:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parrrdner

If there is ever anything at all that you need Phil, let me know by PM. Or probably publicly, since I'm sure many others feel the same way. The service you do by helping to record an ocean's history is invaluable.

Of course, I also love all YPPedia historical editors, and I think I'm one of the few who really cares about that. :)
Pardner; Riot Forever
[but not around :/ these days ]
[Mar 10, 2009 4:12:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
radders

I know I'm not around now but I just wanted to say I'm really glad you managed to get back to this, it really does just make everything about the blockade so much more fun and lasting. So thank you, and if you need anything that doesn't require a speedy response just PM ;)
Radders

My Little Pony-tar by the amazing Shortyjack
[Mar 11, 2009 5:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Tinga 12
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Gaea 11
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Enjoy
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 16, 2009 9:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

I have a request if it wouldn't be too much of a burden. Can you record the breaks in between rounds too? Or at least a few minutes of them while there is still action going on? A lot of times there is more sinkage to be seen. :D
Cire

[Mar 16, 2009 4:51:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

I have a request if it wouldn't be too much of a burden. Can you record the breaks in between rounds too? Or at least a few minutes of them while there is still action going on? A lot of times there is more sinkage to be seen. :D

Sure thing, this should not be an issue at most times.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 16, 2009 5:10:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Awesome! Thanks :D
Cire

[Mar 16, 2009 8:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Tinga 12
Round 2

I'm having trouble viewing the second round :( The file downloaded was only about 6megs, but seems to be ok when I watch it online... Odd.
Davsbrander
[Mar 17, 2009 5:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Tinga 12
Round 2

I'm having trouble viewing the second round :( The file downloaded was only about 6megs, but seems to be ok when I watch it online... Odd.

That is quite random. I believe it is caused by the download timing out or cutting out part way through.

Try again?
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 17, 2009 8:27:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Firefox has done that to me a few times with the videos, finishing the download early. I just delete the short file and try again.
Cire

[Mar 17, 2009 8:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Aye I tried a couple of times, I'm back from uni now, going to try again, would like to have them on my computer cos I r silly.
Davsbrander
[Mar 17, 2009 8:57:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Namath 5
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Apologies for these taking so long to hit the server, I have been struggling coordinating the mass Viridian videos from the weekend.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 29, 2009 9:01:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Emperor 6
Round 1

Enjoy.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Mar 30, 2009 7:01:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
ssandv

Yer links on the Midnight page appear to be busted by the presence of an extra "videos" directory.

Thanks for taking and hosting these!
Darksand (back again!)
Obsidian: Peace and Quiet-Chaos
Midnight (rarely): Forbidden Dreams-Dies Irae
Leif wrote: 
I understand you'll ignore this as it doesn't support your paranoia.

[May 11, 2009 7:24:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Are there blockade videos? I can't seem to find them. Looking for the recent ones especially the Jorvik and Guava.
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[May 24, 2009 1:49:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Are there blockade videos? I can't seem to find them. Looking for the recent ones especially the Jorvik and Guava.

Aye, It would be helpful to be able to see what happened yesterday.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[May 24, 2009 4:00:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

I recorded the Jorvik and Guava ones, then had to sleep due to having work early the next morning. The next time I am home from work (hopefully today), I'll be compiling and uploading them.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[May 24, 2009 11:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
dchow

I recorded the Jorvik and Guava ones, then had to sleep due to having work early the next morning. The next time I am home from work (hopefully today), I'll be compiling and uploading them.

Thank you so much for spending your time recording these. I was positioned at the less interesting blockade at Guava and would love to see the dealings at Jorvik.

I wouldn't worry too much about the later blockades. Cnossos, Gaea were point sits, and Delta was more or less point sit as well. The first two rounds of Beta were contested though =)

Thanks again Fearlessphil .
Things in my past I can never change.
[May 24, 2009 11:56:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Round two at Delta, with the swarm of NS sloops, was interesting, though. And pretty amusing, for that matter... :D

I wish we could have recorded 1 and 2 at Beta though.
[May 25, 2009 3:42:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Lots of learning to be had from this week's blockade reviews, that's for sure. Phil, next time just go to work tired so you can record 'em, I'm sure nobody will mind if the wee kiddies drown. Teehee.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 25, 2009 4:35:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Cleo 11
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Frond 3
Round 1
Round 2

Garden 4
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Guava 12
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Jorvik 23
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Sweetie, email me an excuse note for my manager, explaining why the kids drowned :P
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[May 27, 2009 10:29:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 88   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates