• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12276 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
fearlessphil

Cobalt Blockade Videos

Ahoy!

On Sage I have been recording many blockade videos lately, and though it was about time to roll it out onto the other Oceans.

The general idea, is for an occupant of your Ocean to record the blockades on your Ocean, so that a record of them all can be kept.

If ye feel that ye can record a blockade, please make a post to that effect, so that we do not (hopefully) end up with five people recording one, and no-body recording another.

Sage Blockade Video forum link

Blockade Video Website

Recording guide

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, by PM, as Fearlessphil on the Sage Ocean, posting in this thread, or email me Fearlessphil@blockadevideos.com

I hope that we can make this work!
----------------------------------------
Fearlessphil

Trial the new version of Blockadevideos.com
Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demeter at Mar 14, 2009 7:35:48 PM]
[May 16, 2008 1:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Re: Cobalt Blockade Videos

Terra 9
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
These were recorded by the loverly Silencedrose for your enjoyment.

Kirin 6
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
And these were by me.

Thank you Cobalt for allowing us to invade your server for the blockades. I hope that these videos will drive you towards starting recording all yer future blockades. If you wish to start, please feel free to contact me for assistance to set up/keep going, and of course for the access to upload the videos.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Doh! Terra 9, not 8! Silly wiki.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fearlessphil at Jun 9, 2008 3:35:11 AM]
[Jun 9, 2008 3:17:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
blissbabe

*starts downloading Terra round 1.
Thanks for doing this =]
I'm interested to see how things panned out as I couldn't be there.
Blackdress.
The Wise Romtu wrote: 
A quote is a fragment of the soul that flutters through the breeze like dominoes. Grasp it too tightly, and it will reach critical mass. One cannot own ones words.

[Jun 9, 2008 3:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/theroseline [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Nice. I'm skipping straight to the small ship silliness that was round 3 at Terra. :D
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Jun 9, 2008 3:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Isis_neith

Nice. I'm skipping straight to the small ship silliness that was round 3 at Terra. :D

I did. And it looks even better if you fast forward the whole thing.
~judhorqa
[Jun 9, 2008 3:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swordstyle

Awesome I'll do the Olive Island one today! I'll try to do some others as well so I'll saty in touch on this forum. Love the Idea!!!
But i'm a better filmmaker than you=Þ
just jking no offense. Are event ones okay?
Leify of Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by swordstyle at Jun 9, 2008 7:34:58 AM]
[Jun 9, 2008 7:32:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Netzu

I don't think there will be a lot of interest in Event blockade videos.
Hutch
Cobalt
Phaunos
Viridian
Jelly wrote: 
Pirate parties are *so* 2005

[Jun 9, 2008 8:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swordstyle

It can always depend whats going on in a blockade like once someone played chess in a blockade
Leify of Meridian
[Jun 9, 2008 8:15:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

It can always depend whats going on in a blockade like once someone played chess in a blockade

I wanna see thaaaaat!
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Jun 9, 2008 10:12:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
swordstyle

I wanna see thaaaaat!

Sadly I don't think they made a vid of it sorry...=[ but it was on cobalt held at garden cradle
Leify of Meridian
[Jun 9, 2008 10:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

If people wish to record event blockades, they are more than welcome to dump them on the server, just gimme a PM, and I can grant them FTP access.

And I do agree, some event 'cades are cool. Others, with two sloops flag sitting are dumb.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 9, 2008 11:53:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

I wanna see thaaaaat!

Sadly I don't think they made a vid of it sorry...=[ but it was on cobalt held at garden cradle

Oh, remember that, Hula's Sink-A-Chess event. They didn't actually play chess on the blockade board, but they used it to decide the taking of pieces in a chess game which was played in the event forum thread.

But yeah, blockade videos, a cool idea and I can certainly see how some event blocks might well be worth recording. As a jobber you get such a tiny view of what's going on, it's hardly even worth looking at. I will have a look at the recording guide when I get a chance (probably not until next week or so), and I may well put my hand up to help out with recording sometime.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Jun 9, 2008 6:30:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

But yeah, blockade videos, a cool idea and I can certainly see how some event blocks might well be worth recording. As a jobber you get such a tiny view of what's going on, it's hardly even worth looking at. I will have a look at the recording guide when I get a chance (probably not until next week or so), and I may well put my hand up to help out with recording sometime.

If ye could even manage to record a round or two a week, it would help massively with taking the emphasis off of me!

At the moment I am making the majority of the recordings, and, living in the GMT time zone (server time +8), it constantly means weekends without sleep. Now that we are approaching the summer season, I am afraid that I cannot do this as much due to having to be in a fit state to teach kids how to sail on the Sunday.

Thank ye fer yer interest in this project, I hope that we will see you aboard shortly!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 9, 2008 11:50:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Sadly, my timezone sucks almost as badly as yours, Phil, GMT+12. So you must be in.... Western Australia? (or Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, or China, I guess, but my money's on Oz...)
So, don't get too hopeful about me being useful, but I'll see what I can do.
Jinxed Idol links
[Jun 11, 2008 4:00:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Actually, im in GMT (England), but hey!

As before, if you could manage to record even a couple of rounds a month, that would be awesome!
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 11, 2008 6:52:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

D'oh! I should pay more attention when I read....
Jinxed Idol links
[Jun 12, 2008 12:37:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Ahoy all!

Im afraid that I am going to be increasingly tied up with real life (work) commitments during the summer months. Unfortunately, the time of my work covers a large percentage of the blockade window. Therefore, I beg ye, people of Cobalt to take it upon yerselves to start recording the blockades!

I have devised a (very rubbish and basic) form fer ye to fill in if ye can help record a blockade. Even if ye can each just grab a round or two, that would be awesome!

Application form

Im afraid that ye will have to wait for the blockades to be manually entered for the moment though.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 12, 2008 8:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
ByeThunda

To be honest I wouldn't mind recording blockades since I like to sit and watch them anyways, when I can make them (which is a frequency in constant fluctuation).

However, I don't have a nice screen-capture program and am too cheap to pay the registration fee for HyperCam. (While that may not stop many, I refuse to pirate software, because I feel like I'm stealing from my own industry...)

So, if anyone knows a nice open-source, freeware, etc. capture program I'll add me name to the hat.
Mr. J. Skidwanlus
22 Acacia Avegnu
Napi Peak, Cobalt, 11235
[Jun 12, 2008 10:36:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

I use Hypercam as it is a simple thing to use, although mine is also unlicensed. Some people use Camstudio, although I found that it developed issues if the video was over 38 minutes long, causing the video to be lost :s

Hypercam can be used as an unlicensed version, and this is not pirating, as it is, essentially, freeware.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 12, 2008 11:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
swordstyle

don't worry! I got most of Cobalt down, while others can just help too if i miss a round or a whole blockade. Also /i do mainly Cobalt but I film Midnight qt times as well.

Leify of Meridian
[Jun 12, 2008 2:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

don't worry! I got most of Cobalt down, while others can just help too if i miss a round or a whole blockade. Also /i do mainly Cobalt but I film Midnight qt times as well.

/e points you towards the form anyway.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 12, 2008 3:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
swordstyle

/e points you towards the form anyway.

lol okay
Leify of Meridian
[Jun 12, 2008 5:09:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ByeThunda

Phil - aye, but what about the watermark? /me hates watermarks...

"shareware"...
Mr. J. Skidwanlus
22 Acacia Avegnu
Napi Peak, Cobalt, 11235
[Jun 12, 2008 5:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Phil - aye, but what about the watermark? /me hates watermarks...

"shareware"...

Aye, its annoying, but it doesn't seem to lag my computers out as much when they are dual screen recording using it.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 13, 2008 1:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
darksmell

Do you take requests? I would really love to make sure we have a copy of this recorded. (I know I should just figure out how to record myself if I want it so much, but I'm pretty certain I'd booch it and don't really have time to do proper trial runs between now and Sunday.)
[Jun 20, 2008 9:20:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Ooh! Yes please. I'll be surprised if the first round doesn't make me laugh to the point of tears. :P
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
[Jun 20, 2008 9:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Do you take requests? I would really love to make sure we have a copy of this recorded. (I know I should just figure out how to record myself if I want it so much, but I'm pretty certain I'd booch it and don't really have time to do proper trial runs between now and Sunday.)

I'll do my best, I should be around at that time.
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Jun 20, 2008 5:22:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Diastrophe Change!
Round 1 (Sloops only)
Round 2 (Cutters only)
Round 3 (War Brigs only)

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the carnage :D
Fearlessphil

Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fearlessphil at Jun 23, 2008 11:56:07 AM]
[Jun 22, 2008 11:55:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

<3

I'm resisting destroying my ability to get anything worthwhile done tomorrow by not watching yet, though...no need to further overstress my brain. >_> Looking forward to when I do, though!
Thalatta & others

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Roleni at Jun 23, 2008 12:56:43 AM]
[Jun 23, 2008 12:56:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Diastrophe Change!

First, thank you very much! The first two rounds were so much fun to watch

Second, I think the correct url for the third round is:

Round 3 (War Brigs only)
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 23, 2008 8:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates