• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1695 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
LongJohnGrey

What happens to a ship when everyone leaves at sea? Reply to this Post

What happens to a ship if everyone leaves while it is at sea?

(I know I bootched searching this time; I couldn't even find the "Have a question? Ask a searcher" thread. "have question ask" returned nothing.)

Long John.
----------------------------------------
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Apr 16, 2004 5:24:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Telastyn

Re: What happens to a ship when everyone leaves at sea? Reply to this Post

The ingame search term is ghost ship or abandoned at sea. I'm not sure as to the in game ramifications.
[Apr 16, 2004 5:27:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Morrigan

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
~Beryl
Captain of the Pernicious Plunderers
Queen of the Alliterative Aristocracy
Owner- Terran Wear, Gaea
[Apr 16, 2004 5:32:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

A ship returns to the island it last left after being abandoned at sea for a while. Any booty will be lost. If the ship is abandoned during battle, the appropriate amount will be removed for the loss.

If all players leave the ship, the swabbies will also leave and the hiring notice is taken down.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Apr 16, 2004 11:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
manaweb

Demeter wrote: 
A ship returns to the island it last left after being abandoned at sea for a while. Any booty will be lost. If the ship is abandoned during battle, the appropriate amount will be removed for the loss.

If all players leave the ship, the swabbies will also leave and the hiring notice is taken down.

Umm when did this change?

To my knowledge is that is if the ship is abandoned during battle against a NPP ship nothing is taken. This was a tactic of mine back when learning how to defeat the Black Ship. To save it stealing all your goods you just had to abandon ship. I have not tried this thou with Player boats.

As to abandoning whilst out of battle. Everything that was on the boat stays on the boat except for Gems.

The boat takes about 15 minutes to return to the last port it visited.
My mana is srinking.
[Apr 21, 2004 9:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates