• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 235
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65968 times and has 234 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Valentine's Day Contest

WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE!

I had a message from the Office. It said:

Dear Apollo,

We are very disappointed at your persistent refusal to provide a recorded serenade of "You Are My Sunshine" for the CEO. After consulting your contract, we have reluctantly acknowledged that we cannot force you to comply with this out-of-game request. However, you took on a shared responsibility for Player Events, and we can therefore force you to do something mortifying in that regard, even if you are obstinate in other ways. You will host... A VALENTINE'S EVENT. You will ask players to provide romantic tokens for the OceanMasters and the Developers. You will be happy to do this. You will be frisky.

Fair winds,

The Office.

I replied:

Gah! Pesky contract! Can I make the ordeal completely hideous for all the above-mentioned OceanMasters and Developers?

Apollo.

Apollo,

Do I count as an OceanMaster or a Developer?

No.

Go right ahead, then.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Darlings! Sweeties! Gorgeous wonderful bunnies! Shuranthae! (Rrrrrrr!)

Valentine's Day is coming up!
I know that you dream constantly of presenting one of the OceanMasters or Developers with a little something special! You want to buy them a gift, create a unique tribute, take them on a romantic date, a dream cruise, a special day! You lurrrrrve them. You know you do. Show us how you'd romance your crush and you could win fabulous prizes - even a date portrait with him or her.

We're leaving the criteria open so you can be creative! But please - no profanity, and no offensive or lewd content. If you're wondering whether your entry is appropriate or not, it's probably not. Our OceanMasters and Developers are innocent as seraphim, sweet as roses, green as the mistletoe, spotless as the unhuskied snow. It's wove, twue wove that they're after in this contest.

"But Apollo, what tributes should we post?"
Dear children, whatever you please! Whatever takes your fancy! Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

How do I submit?
Ye must post your entry to the appropriate entry thread! There are three entry threads: one for OceanMasters whose name begins with A-E, one for OceanMasters whose name begins with F-Z, one for Developers. If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Entry thread for OceanMasters A-E
Entry thread for OceanMasters F-Z
Entry thread for Developers

If your target is on this list, then s/he is an Oceanmaster: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Oceanmaster
If your target is on this list, then s/he counts as a Developer for this contest: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ringer
(Not everyone on that list is a Developer, but it's the most convenient list)

Who are the judges?
The OceanMasters and Developers themselves! You forum tarts may pitch in yer two pennies on this here thread. We'll read all your comments and take them into consideration! The final shortlist will be a group decision by the OMs and Devs. Ye will get extra points if yer target is impressed by yer proposal! But beware lest ye offend them!! We'll give merit based upon creativity, humor and hard work!

What are the prizes?
The grand prize winner will get a red familiar (red octopus, red monkey, or maroon/red parrot)!
The runners up will receive mystery gifts from their object of affection!
We reserve the right to award spot prizes for any number of inadequate and random reasons!

When is the deadline?
Partway through Valentine's Day itself - 12 noon PST on February 14th 2007.

Can I use entries from other events?
You are welcome to use previous and current events as inspiration, but anything entered into an existing event is ineligible for this event - you need to do something new.

Can I submit multiple entries?
You may submit entries for a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE developer. More than that, and they will implode with jealousy.

What information do I need to post?
To be valid, our entry post must:
* Be posted in the correct thread
* Include your pirate name and ocean
* Include the OM or Dev target of your entry

I forgot my pirate name and ocean and I can't edit my post!
Go to "My Profile" at the top of the screen, and update your signature so that it clearly displays your pirate name and ocean. That will then show on all your posts, and I'm happy to accept that as meeting the requirement.

But Apollo, surely it's completely unfair that you are hosting this event, and you could just completely skew the judging and cheat and declare everyone who made something lovely for you to be the winners zomg OM bias
Eek! You're quite right. How awful! How tragic! I'm so glad you mentioned this before it was too late. I must regretfully add a rule that, as the host of this excellent contest, alas! alack!, I must request that you do not include me as a target for these so-gorgeous tributes.

Dear Apollo,

That was really sneaky. I'm not sure you're allowed to do that.

The Office.

Dear Office,

Watch me.

Apollo.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Apollo at Feb 27, 2007 5:51:23 PM]
[Jan 25, 2007 5:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff!

.../e cries...

But, but... now I have to think of someone else!

me pouts. You'll still be my true wub, Apollo.

/e winks
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 25, 2007 5:23:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Apollo wrote: 
no profanity, and no offensive or lewd content.

I'm out.

Familiars be damned, I said I'm not gonna jump at every familiar art contest, and I'm sticking to it.

...plus I hate Valentine's Day. <3
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jan 25, 2007 5:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Familiars be damned, I said I'm not gonna jump at every familiar art contest, and I'm sticking to it.
<3

So don't do art. ;)
[Jan 25, 2007 5:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

May we enter more than once? I mean, come on, how does one decide between the likes of Nemesis and Nemo?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 25, 2007 5:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

You're so cute Apollo. I love you. <3

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Jan 25, 2007 5:49:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

<3

So don't do art. ;)

Actually, just before I posted above, I deleted a line that said "(This is a visual art contest for purposes of my entering, because that's the only kind of entry I'd be willing to put forth)" If I wasn't already investing too much of my time in Taco's event, I'd probably enter this one (though I'd have to debate which OM or Dev to choose, since I tend to shove all my effort into a single entry, when possible)... actually that brings me to a question:

Synful sniped me while I was Previewing Post: Are entries restricted in number? Can one entrant make valentine's tribute for multiple Devs/OMs? Can one entrant make multiple entries for the same Dev/OM?
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jan 25, 2007 5:51:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Add:
Can we make different entries for each OM/dev?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 25, 2007 5:54:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

You may choose a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE Developer to woo. They get terribly jealous, you know. ;)
[Jan 25, 2007 6:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

You may choose a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE Developer to woo. They get terribly jealous, you know. ;)
As in up to three per entry, or as in up to three entries maximum?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jan 25, 2007 6:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

You're so cute Apollo. I love you. <3

LilCandi~

Tee hee. Just to assure everyone, I'm not a crazy fan girl. This event sounds like fun, and I think it's the cutest event Apollo has ever done. So I love him. ^^; Could we write something up, like a petition or letter to an OM/dev?

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Jan 25, 2007 6:17:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

As in up to three per entry, or as in up to three entries maximum?

Up to three entries. Each entry addressed to only one person.

Could we write something up, like a petition or letter to an OM/dev?
Aye, letters or petitions are fine. Really - anything you fancy. :)
[Jan 25, 2007 6:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

When you say no profanity, does damn and hell count also =). Since Hell is a place most of us will eventually go =P. (Don't deny it.)

But can we?

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Jan 25, 2007 6:22:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

In the myth, Everyone loved Apollo, but apollo didnt love back, so can we use that? *grins evily*
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Jan 25, 2007 6:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

In the myth, Everyone loved Apollo, but apollo didnt love back, so can we use that? *grins evily*
Not quite. Apollo loved Cassandra, so he granted her prophecy. But she didn't love him back (the tart), so he made sure that, while she would always make the right prediction, nobody would ever believe her.

Draw corollaries to Professor Trelawney as you wish.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jan 25, 2007 6:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

When you say no profanity, does damn and hell count also =). Since Hell is a place most of us will eventually go =P. (Don't deny it.)

But can we?

If you're unsure if it's appropriate, it's probably not. Beyond that, it'll be down to the individual OM/Dev's preferences.

Apollo always loves back. Apollo lurrrrrrrrrves back.
[Jan 25, 2007 6:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
brainbeard

Not quite. Apollo loved Cassandra, so he granted her prophecy. But she didn't love him back (the tart), so he made sure that, while she would always make the right prediction, nobody would ever believe her.

Draw corollaries to Professor Trelawney as you wish.

Also I believe there was another one whom Apollo lusted for loved, and was turned into a laurel tree by the river god Pinius, but I am much to lazy to pull out my mythology collection to look it up! So that makes apollo rejected unlucky two times running.
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!
[Jan 25, 2007 6:56:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfire45

Yeah, you're right, Phoenixflame. There was another girl. If memory serves me right, her name is Daphne. (I read about it when I was only six years old, when I was trying desperately to find an English book in our house.)

I can be wrong, though. I saw the book eleven years ago, and eleven years seem like ages now... T_T

(My best guess is Daphne because I've always hated that name. Not because I know someone named Daphne; it's just that from the time I found the first English book in our house, I have fallen in love with Apollo and the Greek mythology. So...yeah. ^_^ Since I cannot remember why I hate the name Daphne, I am assuming that the story was the reason behind it.)

Yes, I get jealous pretty quickly. >=) Good thing Apollo wouldn't be receiving any tributes (*grinning like a little devil here*) or I'll die of jealousy: I'LL CERTAINLY DIE! Sorry about that, Apollo, but I can't help feeling happy as you grieve over your misfortune. Teehee, teehee, teehee! >=)

This is me------>Bloodyarm
[Jan 25, 2007 8:03:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

hmmmmmm......
decisions decisions
hmmmmmm....
What shall I make and whom shall I make it for?
Pletoo of Sage
[Jan 25, 2007 8:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Good thing Apollo wouldn't be receiving any tributes

Now, who ever said that? They just can't be entries:)

Satin, who already has a multitude of plans for Ringer valentines.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 25, 2007 8:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Apollo was a very ....um.....busy god. ;)

Apollo, as with Zeus his father, had many love affairs with goddesses and mortals. Apollo's infatuation for the nymph Daphne, which had been invoked by the young god of love Eros, because Apollo had mocked him, saying his archery skills were pathetic, and Apollo's singing had also irritated him. Daphne was the beautiful daughter of the river god Ladon, and she was constantly pursued by Apollo. To escape from Apollo's insistent behavior, she fled to the mountains, but the persistent Apollo followed her. Annoyed by this, she asked the river god Peneus for help, which he did. As soon as Apollo approached Daphne, he tried to embrace her, but when he stretched out his arms she transformed into a laurel tree. Apollo also loved Cyrene, she was another nymph, and she bore Apollo a son: Aristaeus, a demi-god, who became a protector of cattle and fruit trees, and a deity of hunting, husbandry and bee-keeping.

The most famous mortal loves of Apollo was Hecuba, she was the wife of Priam(You see this KP?), the king of Troy. She bore him Troilius. Apollo also fell in love with Cassandra, the sister of Troilius, and daughter of Hecuba and Priam. He seduced Cassandra on the promise that he would teach her the art of prophecy, but having learnt the prophetic art she rejected him. Apollo, being angry of her rejection punished her, by declaring her prophecies never to be accepted or believed.

Asclepius, the god of healing, was also Apollo's offspring, after his union with Coronis, who was daughter of Phlegyas, king of the Lapiths. While she was pregnant by Apollo, Coronis fell in love with Ischys, son of Elatus, but a crow informed Apollo of the affair. Apollo sent his twin sister Artemis to kill Coronis, and Artemis carried out her brothers wishes. While her body was burning on the funeral pyre, Apollo removed the unborn child, and took him to Chiron, who raised the child Asclepius.

Apollo also, as did his father Zeus, fall in love with one of his own gender, Hyacinthus, a Spartan prince. He was very handsome and athletic, which inflamed the passions of Apollo.

The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 25, 2007 8:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

I love you apollo!
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Jan 25, 2007 8:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Does cleaver count as a developer? and an OM?
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Jan 25, 2007 9:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gsdogizzle

Hmm /me trys and acts like the greenie that he is by bribing Apollo with 3 entries for him!

Oceanus tells you, "Tell all the greenies to stop stealing from each other!"

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=57196&offset=0
[Jan 25, 2007 9:43:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

If your target is on this list, then s/he is an Oceanmaster: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Oceanmaster

If your target is on this list, then s/he counts as a Developer for this contest: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ringer
(Not everyone on that list is a Developer, but it's the most convenient list)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 26, 2007 12:10:13 AM]
[Jan 26, 2007 12:09:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
brainbeard

I had just had a GREAT idea when the queerest chance in mythology struck... Apollo is named Apollo in both Roman and Greek mythology, so you can't make one "not to apollo" but to "insert roman name of apollo" >.< So sneaky he is! >.<

Now what to make aphrodtie....
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!
[Jan 26, 2007 3:38:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I have a question. You say entries to two oms and one dev. Can I possibly make it one om and two devs? Don't make me cry in having to choose between the devs of my choice. :(
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jan 26, 2007 4:05:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

I <3 these writing events.

~Can we combine OM's? In my story Apollo, Castor, and Cleaver are going on a road trip =O.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Jan 26, 2007 4:08:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Step 1...Cut a hole in a box...

Step 2...
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 26, 2007 5:15:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Step 1...Cut a hole in a box...

Step 2...

Put your unwanted shoes and bric a brac in

Step 3... Open the box!

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jan 26, 2007 5:40:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates