• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 851
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 285962 times and has 850 replies Next Thread
Cedric

Re: Fan Arrrt Reply to this Post

Raneados wrote: 
Happy to actually get some drawing practice in MSpaint.

Just as an aside, if you're not planning on getting Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, there's a free program called "the gimp" which is basically the linux version of these programs. They also have a windows version, so if you're looking for a free graphics program with a little more kick than MSPaint, you might try this:

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

(note, you'll have to install GTK+ for windows as well, but its all explained here as well.

Btw, your image is very nice, especially done via Paint.
----------------------------------------
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Feb 24, 2004 4:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Raneados

Lol, thanks for the comments, but in all honesty, I own a copy of PsP 8. I mainly use it for the extra "kick" that MSpaint can't accomplish by itelf. Such as when I need photorealistic shading done fast/layers needed/ or doctoring pics.

I just plain old like MSPaint better. I'm crazy.
[Feb 24, 2004 6:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

Yes. Yes you are. :D
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Feb 24, 2004 9:10:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Rosered

Two paintings Reply to this Post

The first one, found here is of myself and Bigbywolf.

The second, found here here is of the ever so kind Trillian.

I submitted them to the fanarrt section, but I wanted to post the links to them in my online portfolio to see what everyone thought about them.
[Feb 25, 2004 2:36:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rosemarytravale.ca    gorreyisland [Link]  Go to top 
CandyK

Two paintings by Rosered Reply to this Post

Oh Rose--how lovely!!! Now ye know, Limey, Victor and I are on your list and can hardly wait for ours!
Limeysmum, forever a Yarrrrrr Pirate, but now in the Limelight in a Twisted way!

homullus wrote: 

... kids aren't adults, and do stupid stuff sometimes because their brains aren't all set up yet.

[Feb 25, 2004 9:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Himral

Thanks to Dorel, I decided to stop being so lazy and actually post something myself. Here's a pic of Hogus I just finished.

Senior Officer/Steward of the Yellow Jackets
[Feb 29, 2004 5:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Himral

Duguro of the Yellow Jackets, boarding enemy ships in style.

[Feb 29, 2004 9:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FyreFaerie

I spent the last week at my parents' house in Toronto for my reading week (holiday, yaaar!) and devoted some time to learning stained glass from my mother. These are my first projects, two suncatchers. They got damaged (I want to cry) in transit so I can't show them against a window yet... Sloop's legs are falling off and I'm cut into two at the waist. It's a sorry sight.... They are about 8 inches tall. Not bad for a first go at stained glass... my fingers hurt and smell like chemicals. :S

This is a very bad webcam shot of them, and I plan to reshoot them when they're mended and I have a digicam! :D I hope to add swords (that was the original plan but I ran out of time) next time I go home, which may not be for a few months.

FyreFaerie (19 PIECES - teal/maroon vest, maroon pants and tricorne)
Slooplevee (20 PIECES - Cannonball, Orange apron, blue pants)
fyre / fyrefaerie / laura
Senior Officer of Pirates of the Damned
@chicgeek on twitter
[Feb 29, 2004 2:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laurakishimoto.ca    girlthatisgeek    girlthatisgeek    24427833 [Link]  Go to top 
Sorahn

Me and Fireypassion at our wedding

done by Lanie of Imperio.

Aslo

[Feb 29, 2004 3:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raneados

I drew again! But I'm looking for a way to make this into an avatar.

Stupid compression.

[Mar 10, 2004 5:01:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

In light of all the great artwork that keeps popping up, I've started the Puzzle Pirates Art Forum to really get the creativity rolling.
I hope you all can play along.
[Mar 11, 2004 7:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

Nemo:
Best. Idea. Ever.
(sorry I'm off topic... I go draw now)
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Mar 11, 2004 7:42:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

This is more of a 'for fun' type thing than actual fan art I guess. It's really badly drawn and colored badly (Because all I had was Paint) but I think it's funny. This was my first reaction to the Distilling puzzle.

[Mar 11, 2004 12:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
kozmic

Bwahahaha... I like it. 'Specially since that's STILL my reaction.

also, Nemo, I love the art forum idea, and I narrowly caught myself from posting in it and having to post something I've done. I won't subject you all to the horror.
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Mar 11, 2004 12:03:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
Rubby

Nemo's thread prompted me to do a quick sketch. What I had planned, and what I actually did turned out to be two totally different things. It didn't really fit the theme o' Nemo's thread, so here she goes. Im moderately pleased with the results, if only for a quick sketch.

Done at size, and of no pirate in particular. Just happened to be from a sketch I did while being bored in English.
[Mar 11, 2004 12:39:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Rubby wrote: 
It didn't really fit the theme o' Nemo's thread, so here she goes.

It fits fine! Move it!
[Mar 11, 2004 2:21:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Evil_Vin

Mine can be seen here. The picture is here. The [octure pretty much shows how things were when I first started to bilige. (and the thing on my shoulder when I biliging is a stuffed bear)
Evilvin: [MIDNIGHT] Fleet Officer of Good Omens
Owner of the Peaceful Man-of-war
On a Long Puzzle Pirates Break
[Mar 17, 2004 3:28:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    evilvin1 [Link]  Go to top 
Himral

A statue fitting for a captain.

[Mar 27, 2004 2:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Excellent!

I'll be waiting for the one of him locked away in a straitjacket after this 24-hour pillage...
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Mar 27, 2004 2:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Himral

Look forward to it in the near future. :)
[Mar 27, 2004 2:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

Aye, that pic has made me smile when I've felt down. I mean, he captured me perfectly!

I don't know who the fellow on the right is though.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

And here's a pic that Obaba made for me piratey wife, Briamah.
Hermes wrote: 
silverkitty wrote: 

[Mar 29, 2004 11:22:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Dorel wrote: 
Aye, that pic has made me smile when I've felt down. I mean, he captured me perfectly!

I don't know who the fellow on the right is though.

What's quite funny is that without seeing the full image, it looks as though you have just been freed from your shackles and are meekly rubbing your chafed wrists. And I liked it that way!
[Mar 30, 2004 2:44:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ArtistGirl

Hmmm I thought Dorel was clasping his hands because he liked it. And the chains were for poor Himral who was forced to work on it...
Angela
All grown-up.
[Mar 30, 2004 3:41:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

They're also for chaining up people who refuse to work during ship runs. *looks at Angela*

But aye, I'm guessing that was the original intent of the image, but my avatar may lead to confusion. ;)
Hermes wrote: 
silverkitty wrote: 

[Mar 30, 2004 3:49:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

ArtistGirl wrote: 
Hmmm I thought Dorel was clasping his hands because he liked it. And the chains were for poor Himral who was forced to work on it...

Yes, this is apparent when seeing the whole image. But most people just see Dorel's avatar.
[Mar 30, 2004 4:28:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Dorel wrote: 
And here's a pic that Obaba made for me piratey wife, Briamah.

That's incredible! Alfhonse Mucha is my favorite Art Noveau artist! That's like a piratey Mucha if I ever saw one!
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Mar 30, 2004 4:39:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
aaaargh

I thought I might share some artwork I did for our flag/crew website.

[img]http://www.bladesnroses.com/images/indexlogosm.jpg[/img]
Click me for the larger version!

The flag is Blades N' Roses, hence the, well, rose and blade, and the crew name is Appetite for Destruction (AfD) and the cross was inspired by the GNR Album cover of the same name.

I modeled and rendered the whole thing in lightwave. All work is original

HappyPants
[Mar 30, 2004 2:55:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Obaba

Unmasked! =O Reply to this Post

scupperer wrote: 

That's incredible! Alfhonse Mucha is my favorite Art Noveau artist! That's like a piratey Mucha if I ever saw one!

That's exactly what I was going for was the Art Noveau style. But in a nice pirate fashion. Bria is classically genuine person so it seemed nice to do a portrait based on a style that is great for showcasing feminine qualities.

Now I'm worried someone is going to ask me to do pointillism. Pointy pirates?!
x_X
Toji - Captain of "The Depths"
Obaba - Fleet Officer and Muse of "Le Freccette"
YPP Comic- The Depths of Midnight
Avvie by Pogo
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://obabashut.com    Toji no Boushi [Link]  Go to top 
Himral

Thanos hangs out in style.

[Apr 9, 2004 6:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates