• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 97442 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
atteSmythe

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

I suggest medals, in gold, silver, bronze, and pewter. They should be inscribeable like ribbons and purchaseable for about 5-10K poe each (all colors the same price).

A plaque would be nice, too, though perhaps that's too close to the newly-minted 'incredible' trophies.

There should be some sort of trinket available from the palace shoppe that's between the everyday gift card for 1k and the highly-commemorative ring at 25k.
----------------------------------------

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Nov 15, 2006 1:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Emzis

Rum Bottle (to be won in daily drinking tourneys)

I love this idea. There's not many people playing drinking except on free days :(
Saphira on Cobalt, Ice, Opal, Jade, Crimson and Malachite
Shadowkisses on all oceans. Captain of the Death Hunter Rogue
[Nov 28, 2006 7:59:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quintin_Leah

it would be very cool iff there is a possibility to put Flower trinkets in a vase. I think that can be pretty nice
Greyhawk, since may 2006
[Dec 2, 2006 12:36:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

I believe that have sword dolls, like the OM dolls but of diffrent iteams in game.
Kadazzle
[Dec 2, 2006 6:53:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rps1

Ifsomeone dont have one from event he will be never able to get them
I suggest to make all trinkets udeletable and tradeable,
but trinkets from events will have inscription saying who won that trinket so people who bought trikets will not exalt themselws that they have them
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rps1 at Dec 9, 2006 4:46:29 AM]
[Dec 9, 2006 4:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alleanah

a PvP war trinket
similar to skulls

when sinking a ship from a flag you are at war with you receive the enemy bnavver's "sword" as a trinket with the inscription:
"sword of *enemy bnavver* defeated by *your name*"

the capt doesn't really lose his sword, and the trinket doesn't need to look like the sword the capt was carrying, just a standard cutlass or something

got the idea from the master & commander movie
Alleanah of Hunter Ocean
Fleet Officer of Shakedown

My multi-ship voyage/BK expedition idea
[Dec 15, 2006 9:42:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sjoerd2

a PvP war trinket
similar to skulls

when sinking a ship from a flag you are at war with you receive the enemy bnavver's "sword" as a trinket with the inscription:
"sword of *enemy bnavver* defeated by *your name*"

the capt doesn't really lose his sword, and the trinket doesn't need to look like the sword the capt was carrying, just a standard cutlass or something

got the idea from the master & commander movie

Nice idea, only would something part of the wheel be bether(more logic)? Only this is already used in the weathered helm trophie.
I don't agree yet with the image for it, but do agree with the conditions for the trinklet.
Sjoerd of Hunter
Senior Officer and Cartographer of 'Booty Calls'
Member of 'The Swarm'
[Dec 15, 2006 10:06:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alleanah

perhaps a sword is a bit... irrelevant
but although pieces of a ship seem more proper, they wouldn't look quite as appealing

maybe for boarding and winning (while at war) you get a sword
and for sinking them you get a cool piece of the ship that is inscribed with the ships name, crew, flag and captain?

:]

best of both worlds
Alleanah of Hunter Ocean
Fleet Officer of Shakedown

My multi-ship voyage/BK expedition idea
[Dec 15, 2006 7:44:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Ifsomeone dont have one from event he will be never able to get them
I suggest to make all trinkets udeletable and tradeable,
but trinkets from events will have inscription saying who won that trinket so people who bought trikets will not exalt themselws that they have them

A lot of the trinkets cannot be inscribed, and I think it is standard policy to inscribe any trinkets that can be inscribed.

~Ravy
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Dec 20, 2006 4:49:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

It's too bad the candy canes don't change color. Some of us prefer butterscotch or fruit-flavored canes to traditional peppermint.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 21, 2006 9:19:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
simlemon

I was thinking there should be a royal flush trinket or trophy for, well, getting a royal flush.
[Jan 8, 2007 7:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kochac

I was thinking there should be a royal flush trinket or trophy for, well, getting a royal flush.

I think this would count as a trophy, not a trinket.
Better known as..
Another Korkchop
..or Nocet

Trying to stop these demons that keep dancing in my head.
[Jan 8, 2007 9:37:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SkyBlitz

I am not sure if anyone answered this issue present, but for 2nd place in an octopus or monkey event perhaps a bottle of ink (with a certain color cork and tassle) and a monkey fez...
Tempestblitz

Anchovia tells ye, "I don't know who the last one is, too many Brits on there."

[Jan 10, 2007 5:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SkyBlitz

I am not sure if anyone answered this issue present, but for 2nd place in an octopus or monkey event perhaps a bottle of ink (with a certain color cork and tassle) and a monkey fez...

That should've said I am not sure if anyone answered this issue that was presented, not sure what I was doing.

/me shakes fist at lack of editing abilities.
Tempestblitz

Anchovia tells ye, "I don't know who the last one is, too many Brits on there."

[Jan 10, 2007 5:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

im liking this.... for the best i could hope for is a second place.... and i like trinkies

i happen to believe we have seen many odd trinkets... but none would be so coveted as..... A cookie trinket.... perhaps i could keep them all for dispatch to those i believe worthy ahem......

/me tosses each of the OMs a cookie in return for aproval
Honour is won, not in the way you look after your friends, but in the way you treat your enemies.
5 years later, Daldal retired from The game
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Jan 10, 2007 5:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
greenteeth

If nobody has suggested this before I thought that *Treasure Map* trinkets would be lots of fun. We already have a pick/shovel in furniture that could be used to claim the prize. The treasure amounts could be random or you could auction off your treasure map. Often when you win a tournament there is very little poe that actually is the prize after the cascade, this would change that significantly. All pirates used to have treasure maps...yar.
Aset, SO & Carpenter for Isis,
Princess of Shooting Stars
[Jan 13, 2007 3:14:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
trollsb

Id like to see some funny trinkets. I only have 1 idea though.

Waterproof tea bag.

Im sure there is loads of other crazy things like that.
Trollsb - Cerulean (Midnight)
[Jan 13, 2007 3:48:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.trollsb.com [Link]  Go to top 
om2

l'd like to see a trinket of a grand frig or a big ship.
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Jan 14, 2007 11:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

I'd like to see either a monkey and octopus equivalent to the parrot feather or a set of familiar dolls that would be offered only to runners-up of familiar events.

I was quite tickled to place in the October Spooky Vignette contest and chose a feather the same color as Feegle's parrot with pride. I'd like to see if an equivalent prize so as to not exclude those who place in monkey and octopus contests.

Or if you want to be all elite and exclusive about it a whole set of familiar dolls, only offered to the runners-up of these contest, given in the colors of the animal that was won. They could be included in the list of przes that the runners-up get to choose from, along with the portraits, sloops, clothes, and other items. Heck, they could even have the same inventory graphics as the current familiars, but with an inscription stating how they were won and only viewable with "Inspect Trinket" or in the display case.

Of course, the problem there is the idea of scamming some unsuspecting player into thinking you're trading a real familiar. But one would hope that anyone who could afford to purchase a familiar would be aware of the difference and also know who actually had a familiar to sell.

Monkey poo? Bananas?
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

[Jan 24, 2007 3:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ALF71BE

What about pie?!? We need pie! We got lots of desserts: cocoa, fruitcakes, pudding, cookies...
And we need it for April Fools day! Ye know, that old joke of throwing pie at someone else face :D

Not a joke :P
Thomas Aquinas, on playing Y!PP:

"All that I have played seems like straw to me."

[Jan 30, 2007 6:53:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Harmonica.

Give me a Harmonica trinket.

How else do we give those lessons?

Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jan 30, 2007 7:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
tom7777735

A broken sword
A golden sword
A rusty sword
A glass eye
A coin
A snowflake
A snowglobe

I think would be nice trinkets
Monkeys!!!!!
[Feb 11, 2007 5:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Stick-to-the-back Fish Reply to this Post

A stick-to-the-back fish would be nice as a very simple trinket for April's Fools day. Of course, it wouldn't show on the characters, but it'd still be nice.
ROM ON SAGE AND ALL OTHER OCEANS
[Feb 18, 2007 5:15:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
cael_map

Re: Stick-to-the-back Fish Reply to this Post

A stick-to-the-back fish would be nice as a very simple trinket for April's Fools day. Of course, it wouldn't show on the characters, but it'd still be nice.

What about a fish-shaped April Fools Day card, that is inscribable?
[Feb 18, 2007 9:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cael_map

Oh, was also thinking. You get a Mug o'blood trophy for first Kraken's blood on a ship, right? Why not a Kraken's blood trinket? Like a vial of it, or some small amount? And have it inscribed with only the date?

Also was thinking, if anyone mem's an entire arch, do they get anything for it? If not, a silver map might be a good trinket (untradable, of course) And for say, 3 arch's, a gold?

Also might be nice to have (If they don't exist already):

Four-Leaf Clover
Mug of Green Rum (For Drinking Tourney on St. Patrick's Day only)
Leprechaun Doll
Sharktooth Necklace (Randomly awarded if the ship you are on sinks, chances of getting even with injuries)
Gold Coin (For TD Tourney, inscribable)
Silver Band (Cheaper alternative to the Gold Band, same rules)
[Feb 18, 2007 9:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Oh, was also thinking. You get a Mug o'blood trophy for first Kraken's blood on a ship, right? Why not a Kraken's blood trinket? Like a vial of it, or some small amount? And have it inscribed with only the date?
So you mean like Brigand King trinkets? Some people will have a ton of vials unless you mean just receiving the trinket for your first blood.

Also was thinking, if anyone mem's an entire arch, do they get anything for it? If not, a silver map might be a good trinket (untradable, of course) And for say, 3 arch's, a gold?
This sounds more like a trophy if anything. You do however, get new options for a portrait when you memme the ocean.

Also might be nice to have (If they don't exist already):

Four-Leaf Clover
Mug of Green Rum (For Drinking Tourney on St. Patrick's Day only) I like this idea, if it was only held on St. Patrick's Day
Leprechaun Doll I just don't like this idea, while it is a cute concept a Leprechaun Doll next to OM dolls, seems unlikely in my head. I'd rather see OM dolls get made for those that don't have them yet like Aphrodite.
Sharktooth Necklace (Randomly awarded if the ship you are on sinks, chances of getting even with injuries) They already have something for sinking without injuries, it's called fish. I like the idea of a Sharktooth Necklace, maybe if it's your boat that gets sunk you get the necklace
Gold Coin (For TD Tourney, inscribable)
Silver Band (Cheaper alternative to the Gold Band, same rules) I believe you can choose the color of the band in the palace shoppe when purchasing

[Feb 20, 2007 12:57:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
JimBob54

Captain Hook's hook
Looty on Sage

Senior Officer of the Crew, Capitalism Kills
Lord of the Flag, Big Bad Wolf
[Mar 17, 2007 12:54:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gypsylad

Heres a few trinket ideas i petitioned to a surprisingly Unveangeful OM! but because half of them are idiotic he pointed me here :P

Enjoy!

1) Ever heard someone say they'll give you a cookie if you do something? - Choco chip cookies!

2) Add a touch of fantasy - Magic beans (trade your cows for them)

3) Mini versions of your sword for the obsessive Sfers!

4) or expanding on that, Little bilge pumps, hammers and ropes for exceptional duty puzzlers

5) I (heart) PP! Mugs + T shirts ^.^

6) More exciting fish than starfish... i mean a little hermit crab now and then cant hurt ;-).

7) Greeter on duty signs just incase someone misses the pink name!

8) Little shoes for little people!

9) Seamonkies!!!

Et voila ~ Gypsylad Hunter ocean
Jawsome on the Emerald Ocean
[Mar 17, 2007 4:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gtalkuser

i think that there should be like a trumpet trinket or something to do with music other than a harpsicord
[Mar 23, 2007 5:31:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

i think that there should be like a trumpet trinket or something to do with music other than a harpsicord

There have been multiple music instrument suggestions but as furniture.

For a trinket, I'm sticking with my harmonica trinket suggestion. /me hopes
[Mar 25, 2007 7:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates