• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 71
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42314 times and has 70 replies Next Thread
Glaucus
OceanMaster

[Entry Thread] December Daily Doodles : Weekend of December 2nd : Fire up your ToastARR Reply to this Post

Good morning campers! It's the weekend, which means it's prime time for me to stage a hostile takeover guest-host the first weekend Daily Doodle of 2006. You've got until midnight (pirate time) Sunday for this doodle. General rules will apply.

Many times this year, I've read the forums and found myself wondering what exactly some of you have eaten for breakfast that's inspired you to post what you did. Personally, I enjoy warm, crunchy toast. And I know I'm not the only one who likes toast. Some people love toast so much they claim to see things in their toast. And they then sell these pieces of toast on eBay for ridiculous amounts of money to another toast lover. See where I'm going with this?

I'd like to know what piratey visions you guys see in your toast. So that's your challenge for the weekend. Make toast. But not just any toast. I know, you're thinking that 2 days isn't enough time. These mysterious toast images don't just appear to anyone, and there's no guarantee that they'll happen this weekend. So you have my permission to "encourage" these images to come out, in fact, that's exactly what I'd like you to do. You should start with one piece of bread, and create your masterpiece either pre or post-toasting and then take a picture of it and post it (or a link) here in this thread along with your pirate name and ocean. One slice per pirate, please.

How can you create a piratey toast masterpiece? Here is a handy guide to a method involving butter. You could build a Zuse. You could also try imprinting or stamping something into your bread before toasting, like this device. Or you could use food coloring, strategically scrape off burnt parts, or whatever else works for you. Surprise me. It would be nice if the toast is still edible, but it's not mandatory.

If you do not have a toaster, or if your toaster is off-limits, you may make digital toast with a program of your choice (artRage, Paint, etc.), somehow create a picture on it, and post that as your entry. It's up to you how you create this. I will tell you that digital toast will need to be sufficiently compelling in order to stand toe to toe with the real stuff.

---
An explanatory note: The linked references are not meant to offend or be blasphemous in any way. These just happened to be the best examples.

A cautionary note: Do be careful, and do not do anything that could cause harm or burnination to yourself or others. Do not put anything in your toaster that does not belong there. Fire bad.
----------------------------------------
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Glaucus at Dec 2, 2006 1:49:50 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 1:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Re: [Entry Thread] December Daily Doodles : Weekend of December 2nd : Fire up your ToastARR Reply to this Post

Can i make something like the pyramid of toast(large pile of toast making a pyramid)? Can I make puzzle toast??? etc..??
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Dec 2, 2006 2:15:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

Re: [Entry Thread] December Daily Doodles : Weekend of December 2nd : Fire up your ToastARR Reply to this Post

Nordenx on Viridian

Here's my entry:

CLEAVER TOAST!

( Note to Glaucus: you didn't specify image size... :P )
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Dec 2, 2006 3:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
otepoti

Otepoti on Viridian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by otepoti at Dec 2, 2006 4:40:06 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 4:37:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://otepoti.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Glaucus, should we specify if our entry is digitally made or home-made? I can definitely see a reason for knowing if the toast was made through a paint type program versus the real thing.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 2, 2006 5:51:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MasterBling

Good way to get my coocking skills up (and creativity ^^)!
--- Enrico
[Dec 2, 2006 9:30:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kortniee

<3 Glaucus

Now, may I use any piece of carby goodness that inspires me? Perhaps I would like to lay my image out on a hunk of Ciabatta. Or maybe I find a perfect medium in the flakey goodness of (half) a Croissant. Would that be okay? I'm sure someone out there toasts their Croissant before eating it...

Edit for homonymy goodness.
Angeletta on Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kortniee at Dec 2, 2006 10:49:54 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 10:49:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
proftracy

Little bit of dark apple butter, a dab of strawberry jelly..

TA DA!... My Red Monkey ON TOAST!

--francisgrace, glubber lubbers, Midnight

In loving memory of the Maroon Marauders, killed 10/07, RIP sweet crew...
[Dec 2, 2006 10:52:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallel

Ahw darn it... Is it one slice of toast only that is allowed?

Well... hmm because i just used a whole loaf to create a magnificent piratey masterpiece! Ahh well.. might post it anyway and if it's not allowed then i can enter with one slice.
Dance like nobody's watching.

Parallel of the crew The Three Musketeers and flag Quixotic Tangent, on the sage ocean.
[Dec 2, 2006 11:28:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Can i make something like the pyramid of toast(large pile of toast making a pyramid)? Can I make puzzle toast??? etc..??

I swear I put it in the original post, but in case it's not clear, One slice of bread only, please. If you want to take it apart to make a pyramid or something else, I suppose you could. If you've already made something with multiple pieces of bread, post it somewhere else so I can admire it!

Glaucus, should we specify if our entry is digitally made or home-made? I can definitely see a reason for knowing if the toast was made through a paint type program versus the real thing.

Sure, why not?

Now, may I use any piece of carby goodness that inspires me? Perhaps I would like to lay my image out on a hunk of Ciabatta. Or maybe I find a perfect medium in the flakey goodness of (half) a Croissant. Would that be okay? I'm sure someone out there toasts their Croissant before eating it...

Aye, I'm aware bread is broad term. I would strongly prefer the more conventional stuff, so I believe ciabatta would qualify, but croissants are pretty iffy.

Less questions, more toast! Speaking of which, I'm hungry.
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Dec 2, 2006 11:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallel

If you've already made something with multiple pieces of bread, post it somewhere else so I can admire it!

Where would you like this to be?
I'll post my masterpiece for general entertainment.

Parallel of the crew The Three Musketeers and flag Quixotic Tangent, on the sage ocean.
[Dec 2, 2006 11:55:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

If you've already made something with multiple pieces of bread, post it somewhere else so I can admire it!

Where would you like this to be?
I'll post my masterpiece for general entertainment.

In Mariner's Muse, Mate. That's where all things arrrrtsy and creative arrr posted.

If you create a thread about bread, I'll post how I did the Cleaver Toast using a printout of his photo, exacto knives, aluminum foil, and a barbecue lighter torch.
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nordenx at Dec 2, 2006 12:13:24 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 12:10:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallel

Thanks, im a forum greenie. >.<

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Parallel at Dec 2, 2006 12:13:25 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 12:12:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Glaucus, can you confirm something for me? I was at the store last night, and in the bakery section [wooo, bread!], I found like the coolest bread ever. However, I didn't know if just taking a loaf of french and cutting it lengthwise would still qualify as a "slice of toast".

Errr... example. (------------) <-- a very bad loaf of bread, but still. If I cut on the line and used all that for my scene, yes, no, disqualified?
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Dec 2, 2006 12:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

If you create a thread about bread, I'll post how I did the Cleaver Toast using a printout of his photo, exacto knives, aluminum foil, and a barbecue lighter torch.

You sure about that? Seems entirely digital to me, especially since your bread is the exact photo here minus the skull and crossbones, oh and flipped horizontally.

The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 2, 2006 12:54:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheFawolling

Zaza on the Cobalt Ocean

When I woke up this afternoon, the last thing I expected was the find a message in my toast. But there it was! All white and outlined in brown.. I knew it could only mean one thing: Glaucus was thinking about breakfast.

Here is the Prophetic Toast
Zaza on Cobalt

Cleaver says, "I'll be toast, just you watch."
Cleaver says, "Let me make a decent sword."
Cleaver is eliminated!
Game over. Winner: Zaza.
Cleaver says, "Wah wah"
Cleaver winks.

[Dec 2, 2006 1:25:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

You sure about that? Seems entirely digital to me, especially since your bread is the exact photo here minus the skull and crossbones, oh and flipped horizontally.

img

Join the club of people who don't get my weird sense of humor. :P

If you do not have a toaster, or if your toaster is off-limits, you may make digital toast with a program of your choice (artRage, Paint, etc.), somehow create a picture on it, and post that as your entry. It's up to you how you create this. I will tell you that digital toast will need to be sufficiently compelling in order to stand toe to toe with the real stuff.

Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Dec 2, 2006 1:40:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaitlyn108

Katelyne on Midnight

Toast that all pirates can enjoy:

[Dec 2, 2006 3:27:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

I absoloutly hate toast, so i see the devil in it,

Photoshopped,
(my first photoshopped thing ever done by me :D)
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 2, 2006 3:42:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallel

Ok so after my masterpiece ( http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=3449&offset=560 ) i was quite disappointed i couldnt use it, and couldnt even think of something to do for a single slice. But with what little time, imagination and bread i hadn't already used up i managed to come up with something..

So i got a hook after some sinky sinky fun... would rather of had an eye-patch and only being human was slightly disappointed.
I never thought the ungreatfullness would come back and haunt me though! And not only in my dreams.... but after i woke too!!

entry: http://i14.tinypic.com/4cxannt.jpg

[Dec 2, 2006 4:30:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Taco - Midnight

>.>

Well, attempts 1, 2 and 3 failed....
Said attempts were being disposed of (eaten) while attempt 4 was being contemplated.....
Daughter woke up from late nap and sat on loaf of bread (Ya, I was dumb enough to put it in a chair)...
So I present to you attempt #4, and believe you me there is no digital enhancement here!!

Yep, its nose toast.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shandra at Dec 2, 2006 4:50:50 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 4:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

One morning when you least expect it, your worst nightmare will come true...

Beware the Jelly Roger!

100% edible - no digital remastering here :D

oops forgot my ingredients:
One slice of English Muffin Bread Toast
Strawberry Jelly
Peanut Butter (gotta have peanut butter!)
Melted mini-chocolate bar
One slightly used pun (of my own making) that didn't place in a different contest
YUMMY!!
Pletoo of Sage
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Patetch at Dec 2, 2006 9:06:12 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 5:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swordblade01

Swordblade on Cobalt

Swordblade on Cobalt

"Think of it like a Twinkie. If you bite into the yellow part of a Twinkie and there is no white cream filling, it SUCKS!" -Ryan Higa

Dispite my forum join date, I joined aug 25 05
[Dec 2, 2006 5:30:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/demonsatdusk [Link]  Go to top 
frejja

this is just...weird... /e still goes to see if she can find the toaster...
Frejja, back on the seven seas!

Current avatar by:

Nordenx
[Dec 2, 2006 6:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Pirate name: Sharkiez
Ocean: Sage

Be afraid! be very afraid! The spirit of the toast is coming to get you for harassing them! Stop putting jams and butter on them! Stop buning them!They are gonna get you at night when you are least expected! muahahaha!

Note: This bread has been torture by me and has been mutated into a puzzle shaped with shiny jammy eye and mouth.

Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ray_Leo at Dec 3, 2006 5:52:00 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 9:05:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
threewishes

Pixieboot_Midnight_Ocean
I give you CRABBY TOAST! ^.^ I feel certifiably insane 'bout now for branding my toast but heh, all in good fun.

-kickin' the snow off my boots
[Dec 2, 2006 9:40:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

Jerze - Midnight

This was crazily hard to do, and being a person who hates waste - I seem to have lived on toast all day. We are half a loaf poorer!

Finally after multi experiments and finally hitting pay dirt with alfoil

I present to you

The Toast Ship - El Pollo Blanco

Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Dec 2, 2006 10:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=013kh8.jpg

the monkey's revenge..

Jedoy of midnight ocean..

(i didn't do any phoo thingy editing since i don't knwo how to do it.. )

it is edible ^_______^

but.. beware of teh bitter taste because the monkey's burned.
Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by archer_jed at Dec 3, 2006 5:59:10 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 12:59:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
Cloverwood

[Pirate]: TheRunt
[Ocean]: Cobalt

I toasted this yesterday morning, but I couldn't get to my dad's digital camera until now.

It is great reverence that I present...

A five seed treasure chest under a toasty palm tree...

Oh, and no digital trickery was involved in the production of this picture.
TheRunt (Cerulean)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cloverwood at Dec 3, 2006 1:46:58 AM]
[Dec 3, 2006 1:21:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karabiner

Pirate: Yetidave
Ocean: Midnight

Ingredients
One slice of Hovis square white medium sliced bread

Tools
Blow torch
Hot wire (heated via blow torch)

Edible?
Depends on how hungry you are...

[Dec 3, 2006 5:12:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates