• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 340740 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Gust_9

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

True Acheievements

The Crusader: Survive and defeat a horde of opponents that is at least 3 times the size of your team.

Overacheiver: Win a major tournament for each puzzle (drinking, swordfighting, brawl, treasure drop) once.

Ocean Blue: Get all the True Acheivement trophies (includes puzzle trophies)

Bogus Acheivements:

Obessesive Collecter: Collect ALL the trophies (yes, even the rubbish ones)

Misc. Acheivements:

Clothes Horse: Wear al clothing items that your character can wear at least once (special event items not included)

Survivalist: Forage all types of items at least once.
----------------------------------------
Arrrrmazing.
[Nov 4, 2006 9:10:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bloodspray

True Acheievements

The Crusader: Survive and defeat a horde of opponents that is at least 3 times the size of your team.

Overacheiver: Win a major tournament for each puzzle (drinking, swordfighting, brawl, treasure drop) once.

Bogus Acheivements:

Misc. Acheivements:

Clothes Horse: Wear al clothing items that your character can wear at least once (special event items not included)

Obessesive Collecter would be imposible because u need to have had ult and incredible in everything and be ranked #1 in everything
[Nov 5, 2006 12:49:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

How does that make it impossible?

Faulkston,
querying
[Nov 5, 2006 12:59:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

True Acheievements

Bogus Acheivements:

Misc. Acheivements:

Obessesive Collecter would be imposible because u need to have had ult and incredible in everything and be ranked #1 in everything

Thats not impossible. Pink Heart is though.
[Nov 5, 2006 2:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

It's possible on an old pirate who is #1 ult in everything and was a greeter before the update.

Maybe the Obsessive Collector trophy could be all but the Pink Heart.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Nov 5, 2006 3:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
2cucry

3. Trophies will not be awarded retroactively. That's already been said, which means people who have already memorised the ocean cannot get the trophy. All other trphies (bar one that I know of) can be acheived by anyone, no matter how long they've played if they try hard enough............

So explain the pink heart trophy. Did I miss something here? I don't see why they can't give out a trophy for those who memed entire ocean's when they all ready gave out trophies for greeters before the update...
Anderson

Captain of the crew The Bluenoser's
Admiral of the Navy

Matrix says

"if you really wanna be loved try beat andy in ANYTHING, please were running out of ideas"

[Nov 5, 2006 6:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

I don't see why they can't give out a trophy for those who memed entire ocean's when they all ready gave out trophies for greeters before the update...

I don't see why not either, but then again, what do I know?
[Nov 5, 2006 8:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

The Squidman wrote: 

I don't see why they can't give out a trophy for those who memed entire ocean's when they all ready gave out trophies for greeters before the update...

I don't see why not either, but then again, what do I know?

<3

Cey,
hoping Ceph knows more than he thinks
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Nov 5, 2006 8:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I'm 99% sure the "trophies will not be rewarded retroactively" applied to cases where you had the stat for a particular trophy before the update, but didn't when the update hit. However, last I checked, it is not possible to lose any memmed league points (aside from the occasional bug I've seen, but those points can be re-memmed). Therefore, if there WAS a "memmed the ocean" trophy, one would think that players who have already memmed the ocean would get it, because they CURRENTLY have the requirements for the trophy.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 6, 2006 6:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

Tactician - given to the bnavver who wins x# of battles in a row (maybe a changing one that tracks longest winning streak)

I do like the idea of trophy for the longest winning streak that sounds good and its not like it cant be done I mean the #1 trophys are given and taken away arnt they? so this one could work the same.

#1 and ultimate trophies are not taken away if you fall below that rank.

aye so maby it can be a trophy that you get for haveing the longest streak and u also keep it even if you lose
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Nov 6, 2006 7:51:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

I'd like to toss out some crafting puzzle trophy suggestions:

Spice Must Flow: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same concept as the crab trophies for bilging, except its for clearing spice in distilling.

Grain Chain: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same as above, except for getting grain bonuses in carp.

[Insert witty trophy name]: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same as above, except for filling x number of bottles with x number of stars. Maybe 2 or 3 star bottles.

Can't think of specific bonuses in sailing, dnav, gunning, or shipwrightery really. But yeah, in addition to having some more fun trophies to try to collect that basically anyone regardless of skill level is capable of collecting, you add interest back into doing the shop puzzles, which would in turn aid in fixing the scoring curve and the lack of ults.
[Nov 7, 2006 11:17:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kierra214

Spice Must Flow: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same concept as the crab trophies for bilging, except its for clearing spice in distilling.

Grain Chain: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same as above, except for getting grain bonuses in carp.

[Insert witty trophy name]: (Silver, Gold, Crystal) same as above, except for filling x number of bottles with x number of stars. Maybe 2 or 3 star bottles.

Can't think of specific bonuses in sailing, dnav, gunning, or shipwrightery really.

I like this idea. Expanding on it a little:

Shipwrightery - # gold pieces used
Sailing - # square blocks cleared
Gunning - this one's a little more complicated. I was thinking maybe # of boards with all four guns loaded. In the navy this is straight-forward. You only get trophy credit for a board if you load all four guns before exiting out. This encourages people to learn to deal with all types of boards since exiting out without filling any cannons lowers your rating. On a player ship it would be similar, but you'd only get credit for a given board once. So even if you load each gun more than once on a given board, you only get credit for the one board. This would prevent people from finding a 0-1 arrow board during a pillage and sitting on it until they got the trophy(ies).

Somebody more creative than me will have to think up names for these trophies. And I have no idea what to do for dnav since there are no special pieces.
Magrat
SO of Polish War Fog
Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kierra214 at Nov 8, 2006 8:47:12 AM]
[Nov 8, 2006 8:46:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Cross posting from the Parely-ized, locked pink heart trophy thread:

Here's an idea:

Allow all greeters (or only greeters with the pink heart), to /nominate other greeters to receive the pink heart. After X number of nominations the player receives it.

The theory is that if the pink heart is supposed to be recognition of service (I guess?), then as greeters notice other greeters being especially helpful they nominate them. Obviously you can't nominate yourself and any player found trying to exploit or scam their way into getting the trophy will have their pink turned off completely.

Eventually all players who deserve recognition (and yes some that don't, but that's no different than what we have now) will receive it.

This encourages active and quality greetering, and helps weed out greeters who only want in for the pink and trophy without helping

This idea rocks. Plop us back in GD.

Funny, that sounds exactly like the old greeter system.

It should sound similar :P

Here's the difference though. There is no secrecy anymore. And no reason not to nominate someone as it has nothing to do with whether or not they remain a greeter. I daresay this works.

Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Nov 8, 2006 12:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Rumble "Krakkathoom!" trophy, for making a 37 group combo.

Rumble "Bruises easily" trophy, for having at least 150 bruises on your screen at the same time.
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Nov 8, 2006 12:53:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I'm hoping this is an OK place to post it, as it's a suggestion for trophies in general. If not, I'm happy to remove it and move it to somewhere more appropriate (it was going in the Game Design version of the PH8 thread Eury referenced, until she realized it was the GD one she locked *giggle* You can laugh at me, I spent real time searching GD for the danged thread, wench!)

I've done some snipping on these quotes removing immaterial comments, to keep the post size down.

drc500free, elsewhere wrote: 
Maybe I don't have a good grasp of what trophies and trinkets are supposed to be, but I thought that trinkets weren't "collect them all" sort of things -
Trophies, on the other hand, seem like a checklist of things to accomplish.
Fiddler, elsewhere wrote: 
The trinkets like parrot painting, Key West, and Blackpool ought to be turned into a trophy as well. Though I doubt the Ringers are going to go back and remove these old rewards, I certainly hope anything like them in the future is awarded as a trophy.

Trinkets are what ought to be collectible, because you can trade them. Trophies and medals are signs of accomplishment, of services rendered, or even just presence at momentous occasions. Everyone will have a different set.
Arcturus wrote: 
drc500free wrote: 
... there are trinkets that have been given out that are already a record of certain accomplishments.
Indeed, we may switch to giving out trophies instead of trinkets for some of these in the future. If we do that, we likely will also give those holding the appropriate accomplishment-related trinket an equivalent trophy.

Even before I read these quotes, I started thinking, how often do I look in your *pirate pockets* expecting to see something unusual? Meh. Never. How often do I look at info pages? Which one would I like to see more variety on? Your pocket or your info?

Regardless of ringer intent, I would LIKE to see trinkets be the collectible checklist that everybody theoretically can attain and those untradeable one-time trinkets turned into trophies retroactively and for all future events, and trophies becoming the variety thing that can't necessarily be completed. With an optional "it would be great if with a minimum of effort, you could code in the option to disable trophies, like opt-ing out of showing hearties or making certain ones secret".

Points in favor:
  • We currently have two game features, Trinkets and Trophies, for the same thing.
  • One of the more common complaints about untradeable trinkets is that you can only display one trinket at a time, and they can not be placed in a display case in order to remain untradeable. Making them trophies solves that dilema, by allowing you to display all at the same time, and still not trade them or sell them.
  • Completionists seem to want at least one feature set aside that is in theory, able to be completed. Currently neither trophies nor trinkets apply.
  • Another subset of the player base would like things to have more meaning, more individuality, including some items that are one-time-only deals. This used to be familiars, but changes in distrubution and the addition of pets has offset this to some degree.
  • We've been making changes to spice up the info pages, to make them more interesting to look at. What's going to be more interesting, seeing how far you've come completing your stamp collection that everybody has, or seeing what unusual stuff you have that I don't? For me, the latter. The info page is supposed to be about you, the individual. I want to see what makes you individually special!
I'll likely think of more reasons later, but that's all for now.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 8, 2006 5:41:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

About the check your pockets comment. There are trophies which alert to their presence upon login. I don't know if that's the case with all of them (ultimates definitely do, incredibles obviously can't!) and I don't know if something similar could be done with trinkets. It's a thought though.

Faulkston,
shrugging
[Nov 8, 2006 7:16:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I meant, checking somebody else's pocket. Not my own. Whatever trinket you are holding, I can only see one, and most likely, it's going to be boring. LOL I no longer really check.

Pirate info pages, however, can display several, so, put something there that will make me look!
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 8, 2006 8:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I wish trophies and trinkets were interchangable. Like, if I wanted, I could lift my Pink Heart out of my trophy case and carry it around as a trinket or put my Smurf Squad Golden Brain Trinket on my Info Page as a trophy.
[Nov 9, 2006 12:02:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Quintin_Leah

Carpent- Saw or Hammer (or those mixed)

100 master pieces for silver
250 Master pieces for gold
500 master pieces for bejeweled
1000 master pieces for crystal

edit: the Silver Nail sounds cool to :p

Ocl Participating trophy, indstead of the white starfish trinket
Greyhawk, since may 2006
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Quintin_Leah at Nov 23, 2006 7:24:34 AM]
[Nov 9, 2006 12:06:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoookhead

Trophy for beating the 10th teacher at swords, rumble and drinking???

Agree 100%

Definitly trophy worthy because those losers that use alts to get say ult rumble wont be able earn this trophy.

Since there has been no ideas for some drinking trophies how about:

Drink for x amount of turns in a row
Drink for x amount of times (say like 100)
Completing a double row
Clearing a row worth 600+ points
Win with x% of the board stained
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hoookhead at Nov 10, 2006 1:37:18 AM]
[Nov 10, 2006 1:29:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
michaeldoesc

"Fish and Chips" for being awarded X number of fish
[Nov 11, 2006 6:05:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

"Fish and Chips" for being awarded X number of fish

Where would the chips come from? Maybe they could have a trophy for playing Drinking on a sinking ship. It'd certainly be rare.
[Nov 11, 2006 7:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Kharnor

Trophies for clearing a certain amount of crabs in one move.

I was highly disappointed to learn that this is not what the existing crab trophies are for. I mean, crabs just clear themselves one by one, so clearing lots of them over time is hardly an accomplishment. Setting a board up so that you can clear 5+ crabs with one move - that's an accomplishment.
Kharnor, perpetual junior officer of the Lost Lot
[Nov 11, 2006 9:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowx

Im with that suggestion ;)
Since there is no poe/items awarded for beating the 10th there may as well be a trophy.

Cinquains - Hunter, Sage, Viridian
Sinkie - Malachite
[Nov 12, 2006 3:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

Im with that suggestion ;)
Since there is no poe/items awarded for beating the 10th there may as well be a trophy.

I also agree. People who have already defeated them should get it too because there are some people (like me) who are too lazy to fight them again... They could be fists of fury (or golden fists), golden sword and golden mug.

Also, I think that there should be trophies for filling up X number of guns, like the crabs. I know that there is a golden cannon, so how about a bronze cannonball (500 guns), silver cannonball (1000 guns) and gold cannonball (2000 guns)? They might seem a bit small, but if you think about it, it takes some time to get to bronze (filling up 125 boards).

(stupid idea) A trophy for being planked from x number of ships. Different ships or different crews, and not from your own crew.
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Cooldragon23 at Nov 12, 2006 9:33:32 AM]
[Nov 12, 2006 9:25:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterbow

Dont know if any1 has said this but what about a trophy for number of holes you fill in carp??

Boochin Drunkenly on Seas Near You

"Whats wrong with nothing? Nothing means your doing something."
[Nov 12, 2006 1:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Idea for a carp trophy:

Having completed 12 masterpieces using each of the 12 different shapes as the final piece.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Nov 13, 2006 10:56:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Idea for a carp trophy:

Having completed 12 masterpieces using each of the 12 different shapes as the final piece.

That would be interesting (as long as it is not a chain). I'd certainly love making MPs with different shapes at the end.

However , if released , it would be a pain to realize that that is the way to get the trophy.

fun++
Damagon
[Nov 13, 2006 4:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fatfriar

Trophies for clearing a certain amount of crabs in one move.

I was highly disappointed to learn that this is not what the existing crab trophies are for. I mean, crabs just clear themselves one by one, so clearing lots of them over time is hardly an accomplishment. Setting a board up so that you can clear 5+ crabs with one move - that's an accomplishment.

When the bilge is empty, there's only 3 rows underwater. This would encourage people to laze at bilge, untill it flooded several levels.
Ybbald of the Hunter Ocean
Retired or something
[Nov 13, 2006 6:06:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fatfriar

Also, I think that there should be trophies for filling up X number of guns, like the crabs. I know that there is a golden cannon, so how about a bronze cannonball (500 guns), silver cannonball (1000 guns) and gold cannonball (2000 guns)? They might seem a bit small, but if you think about it, it takes some time to get to bronze (filling up 125 boards).

It needs to be lower. The bilge crabs trophies are fer 100/1000/5000. Ye should follow the same pattern with silver fer 100 boards, gold fer 1000 boards etc.
Ybbald of the Hunter Ocean
Retired or something
[Nov 13, 2006 6:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates