• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11468 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
phantoml

Lost At Sea

Lost at Sea - A Twin Dragons Event.
(All diary entries posted, alone, in THIS thread.)

Avast! While out pillaging today with me motley crew, I accidently knocked me hearty, Kgeo, off the helm of the vessel! I dived in after him, but couldn't save him from being carried off by the waves. Who knows where hes gone!

Upon reboarding my vessel, I turned around and ported. And low and behold, what do I find on the floor? An extract from Kgeo's diary. It read something like this:

The only problem is that I forgot about his love of riddles and puzzles! I don't think I'll be able to do this on my own. Actually, that's a good idea! If you guys can help me decipher his hidden clues , I might just be able to find him! I think I have an idea wheres hes heading with this one, so I'll get after him!

If I know Kgeo, he will do his best to return to Turtle Island, and our home. But where to start? without a compass, hes bound to get lost somewhere! I'd best get after him, and get him home soon!

If you guys can work out the riddle in his diary, then send your answer to twin-dragons@hotmail.co.uk , and I'll go check! He should tell me which island he wants to go to next somewhere in there. It'll probably take me a few days to get there though, but if I find something there I'll post it here ASAP!

Oh, and to all those pirates that help me, I've got a few goodies lying about! Ya see, as I need to find Kgeo as fast as possible, I will give 9 points to the first person that gives me the right answer to each of the riddles, 6 points to the second, and 4 points to the third. Every correct answer after that will be awarded 1 point a piece. Im sure he'll be travelling about a bit though, so I expect he'll visit alot of islands before i find him again, so there will be plenty of chances to score points! When I've finally discovered Kgeo, I think I may be able to dig up some prizes for the people that score highest over the whole search:

1st place: One war brig, the Open-minded Ling!
2nd place: 20,000 PoE
3rd place: 10,000 PoE
4th-10th: 1,000 PoE, and entry to the lucky dip to win a sand dollar!

Anyways, that's enough talking! Hold on Kgeo, I'm coming!!

(Note: The puzzles and riddles featured in this event will all spell out an island in the midnight ocean. Also, the puzzles featured will be of varying difficulty, so if you cant work out one, check back for the next! Best of luck to all that enter, and a new puzzle should be posted every monday!)
----------------------------------------
- Chaosdragon
[Edit 3 times, last edit by phantoml at Sep 20, 2006 9:00:10 AM]
[Sep 19, 2006 12:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Re: Lost At Sea

What is the deadline for this event?
[Sep 20, 2006 1:27:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Argemone

Was this event posted a few days ago also?
Ligeia (Ly-Gee-Ah), Midnight Cerulean
Going Down,
Universe A
[Sep 20, 2006 7:36:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bien

Was this event posted a few days ago also?

Aye it was, as I emailed my answer in Sept 16, then again when it was reposted.
[Sep 20, 2006 7:55:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Ahoy all! In order to keep this event neat and tidy, ive created a seperate thread purely for the diary entrys. Please keep the thread clear of questions, to make it easier to locate each entry!!

The thread is here , so just check here for any new entries I may have discovered!

Also, i have changed the lay out slightly, and the event will now be updated every monday, at 9pm BST (British Summer Time) and we will be exepting answers until 8.59pm the following monday. I have updated the original post to include this.

The event will run for a total of 10 diary entries, and therefore 10 weeks, ending on the 20th of November. I feel this gives people enough time to ponder each entry, and will also allow people that miss the first 3/4 puzzles to catch up and play along.

The second entry will be posted, in the diary thread linked above, on the 25th september.
Now then, back to the hunt!!

Edity Edit: And aye, twas posted a few days previous, but i had a few kinks to iron out before i thought it was ready for public. Sorry for any confusion caused!
- Chaosdragon
[Edit 3 times, last edit by phantoml at Sep 20, 2006 1:42:53 PM]
[Sep 20, 2006 8:56:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melissab

The second entry will be posted, in the diary thread linked above, on the 25th september.

the event will now be updated every monday, at 9pm BST (British Summer Time)

Is this 1pm pacific?
Onelove
Please support Boarding for Breast Cancer.
[Sep 25, 2006 1:34:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Kgeo was indeed going to Beta island, as was indicated by the numbers used within the text:

2 leagues = 2 = 2nd letter of the alphabet = B
5 hearties = 5 = 5th letter of the alphabet = E
20 years = 20 = 20th letter of the alphabet = T
1 pirate = 1 = 1st letter of the alphabet = A

Answer = BETA

As it stands, we have recieved 2 correct answers:

1 st - Bieyen - 9 points
2 nd - Ceylon - 7 points

The next clue will be posted in the clues thread in due course...

Edity edit: I know that the next clue is slightly later than origanally planned, but I'm busy making it extra tricky :p
- Chaosdragon
[Edit 3 times, last edit by phantoml at Sep 26, 2006 9:39:33 AM]
[Sep 26, 2006 9:27:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

2nd clue is now up and running! Answers to the usual email: twin-dragons@hotmail.co.uk

The clue itself can be viewed in THIS thread, but please keep it clear of questions / queries / general tarting for ease of use!

Deadline for this one is Monday 2nd October, so theres plenty of time to ponder the puzzles.
Have fun....

/e wanders off to find Kgeo again
- Chaosdragon
[Sep 26, 2006 10:46:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Could you post as you get each response rather than only telling us at the end of the week? Only, I'd like to know whether I was at least second to hand in my answer sheet for the second riddle!
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

(I can't wrench my self away from this game!)
[Sep 27, 2006 2:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Could you post as you get each response rather than only telling us at the end of the week? Only, I'd like to know whether I was at least second to hand in my answer sheet for the second riddle!

Posting after every entry is submitted will take a lot of time, and needing to be checking the e-mail address every 20 mins or so. It is much easier for us to write the list at the end of the week.
- Kayh, of the Midnight Ocean
- Kaiian, of the Sage Ocean

[Sep 28, 2006 8:10:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

/l\ I FOUND KGEO! He's up there!
l
l
l
l
l
l

EDIT: Well.. He was about one hour and a half ago... He must have gone by now... Boohoo :'(
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

(I can't wrench my self away from this game!)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by macaroonny at Sep 28, 2006 9:49:57 AM]
[Sep 28, 2006 9:48:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Your job is to find what islands I am on. There is internet connections on all islands. Question is? Where am I?

EDIT: Changed Oceans to Islands, as only on midnight.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kth38 at Sep 29, 2006 8:45:32 AM]
[Sep 28, 2006 10:25:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Ok guys, 2 days left to get yer entries in! Deadline for the second clue is midnight tommorow, so get yer entries in quickly!
I will also post the current leader board, before the next (3rd) clue is posted, so keep yer eyes open!

Anyways...I'm sure Kgeo was around here somewhere...
- Chaosdragon
[Sep 30, 2006 11:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dad65

can anyone give me a hand, im stuck on the second riddle
the first was easy but the second is really hard
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dad65 at Oct 1, 2006 8:34:44 AM]
[Oct 1, 2006 8:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Don't worry matey, they will vary in difficulty as the weeks go on. If you can't do this one, wait till the next and have another go.

One day left for the second clue...
- Chaosdragon
[Oct 1, 2006 8:47:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dad65

Don't worry matey, they will vary in difficulty as the weeks go on. If you can't do this one, wait till the next and have another go.

but if i dont get this one a have less chance of winning the prize dont i?
[Oct 1, 2006 11:45:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

It depends really. I've tried to set the points awarded to be fair, in the way that the first person to respond gets a nice points advantage, but not so much that other people are left out of the race. So answer the next Clue fast enough, and you'll get enough points to make up for the missed chance.

Simple, really....
- Chaosdragon
[Oct 1, 2006 12:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Ok guys, we are accepting no more entries for the second diary entry. the correct answer was, of cause, ENDURANCE island.

This was found by taking the first letter of each sentence, and solving the anagram they formed.

The third entry is ready to be posted, so expect that to be realised on time (7pm BST.) Anyone that could'nt work out this clue, dont lose hope! There are still a total of 8 more entries to be posted, so there are PLENTY of chances to score extra points!!

I also feel this will be a good time to post the current leader board. The top 10 are as follows:

1 st - Bieyen - 18 points
2 nd - Ceylon - 12 points
3 rd - Onelove - 4 points
4 th - Dbavirt - 1 point
4 th - Macaroonny - 1 point
4 th - Yellowshanks - 1 point
4 th - Angeletta - 1 point
4 th - Whedonella - 1 point
4 th - Jnifr - 1 point
4 th - Cam - 1 point
4th - Budclare - 1 point
4th - Zaychik - 1 point

Best of luck with the nest clue guys....Answers will be accepted until the 9th of october.

Edity Edit: If I have gotten any of the above names wrong, or have a typo in any of the names, just PM me and I'll fix it as soon as possible!
- Chaosdragon
[Edit 2 times, last edit by phantoml at Oct 2, 2006 8:46:50 AM]
[Oct 2, 2006 8:44:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melissab

Are you posting the diary entries on Tuesday's now or still today, Monday?
Onelove
Please support Boarding for Breast Cancer.
[Oct 2, 2006 11:05:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Still mondays, just the second clue came out a little late (real life troubles. /e kicks the computer)

Ok guys, the third diary entry is posted in the Puzzle thread, so get yer heads down and work it out! As always, send yer answer, along with yer pirate name, to twin-dragons@hotmail.co.uk and I'll record the results.

Good luck all!
- Chaosdragon
[Oct 2, 2006 11:18:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dbavirt

Chomping at the bit!
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Oct 9, 2006 1:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

And with that, the 4th clue is now up and running! Where will poor old Kgeo wind up this week? Will I ever be reunited with my old friend? And will I ever be able to afford a grand frig??

Anyways, good luck all...may the force be with you...

/e walks off annoyed for the amount of lame lines used in the post
- Chaosdragon
[Oct 9, 2006 2:00:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

OK, last weeks clue was indeed Nu island, as these are the letters the native left out of his sentences. (i.e, whenever he replaced a letter, or missed a letter out, that letter was either N or U)

The current scoreboard stands as follows:

1st - Bieyen - 19 points
2nd - Ceylon - 16 points
3rd - Onelove - 13 points
4th - Dbavirt - 7 points

2 points -

Zaychik, Cam, Budclare, Whedonella, Angeletta

1 point -

Toinette, Brassbeard, , Meilin, Xiaoban, Macaroonny, Yellowshanks, Jnifr, Feylind, Drunkenjoe, and Birchle

Once again, good luck with the next clue!
Chaosdragon (Who, incidently, is STILL looking for Kgeo!)

Edity Edit: Once again, any typos or mistakes I've made please PM me, or tell me in game! (But keep the email address free for entries!)
- Chaosdragon
[Edit 3 times, last edit by phantoml at Oct 10, 2006 8:54:30 AM]
[Oct 10, 2006 8:52:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

*puff* *pant*

Oh no! I've dropped me diary entry before I could finish it. Now Choasdragon will easily know where to look for me.

By time he has read this, I will be gone, into mysterious lands.

**I wish you all good luck in NOT finding me!!

[Oct 16, 2006 1:06:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Ahoy All. If you are playing along, or not, some feedback would be appreciated.

Just so we know if this is fun, too long, not long enough, if we need to post more.

Just incase we make a similar event in the near future.

Thanks

[Oct 23, 2006 7:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

results for the last clue would be nice, as would current standings.
Thanks,
Cey
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Oct 23, 2006 10:36:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Sorry all. Running a bit slow this week.

Results, standings and next clue will now be posted: 24th October, 1PM PDT.

Sorry for the inconvience.

EDIT1: Entries for Week 5 have stopped. Entries posted from 2:35 23rd October, will be ignored.
EDIT2: Added time to EDIT1

[Edit 2 times, last edit by kth38 at Oct 23, 2006 2:38:25 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 2:36:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dbavirt

Still running slow. Just wanted to let you know that I noticed.
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Oct 25, 2006 7:47:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Sorry again all. My mind was messed up yesterday. Personal problems, and I completely forgot to post.

This one is incredibly easy.

It has now been posted. Click Here!

Good Luck

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kth38 at Oct 25, 2006 9:55:09 AM]
[Oct 25, 2006 9:54:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

And the leader board as it stands:

1.Bieyen - 29
2.Ceylon - 17
3.Onelove - 14
4.Zaychik - 14
5.Budclare - 12
6.Dbavirt - 7
*Cam - 6
*Cams - 5
8.Dottits - 5
9.Whedonella - 3
10.Angeletta - 2
11.Brassbeard - 2

People with 1 point: (in no order)

Meilen, Xiaoban, Macarooney, Yellowshanks, Jnifr, Feylind, Drunkenjoe, Birchle, Slvr, Illeanne, Bridalgirl.

*I am not sure if this is the same character, just with a different signiture. I tried looking on the email, but there is too many too look through. Can Cam/(s) please PM and tell me. Thanks.

If I have spelt your name wrong, please PM me. Thanks.

The answer to Diary entry 5 was inface Turtle Island. In order, these are who got them right:

Budclare
Zaychik
Dottits
Slvr
Cams
Bieyen.

Good Luck this week!

EDIT: Added last weeks scores
EDIT 2: Added * to names in list.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by kth38 at Oct 25, 2006 1:01:47 PM]
[Oct 25, 2006 10:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates