• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2303 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Seaeagle

I need reminding - Suggestions please Reply to this Post

Can you help?

Being struck down by one of those falling block things in a swordfight has left me with a sore head and a touch amnnnnes, amnees, anmeas forgetful. I keep getting so involved with this game that I forget thing, like my favourite TV show, eating, sleeping, that sort of thing.

I need a reminder sitting on my desktop that tells me "Hey, its 8pm on Monday your TV show is about to start" and "It's 3pm go and pick the kids up from school". I know I can do it from Outlook but I want something simpler and separate that can just sit in the background not using many system resources until I need it to pop up, preferably freeware. I know there are loads out there but which ones have you found suits you? It could save me downloading ten of the best sounding ones and trying then in turn.

I hope this isn't one of those no reply posts; I'd hate that.

Seaeagle Assassin in chief of the Assassins Guild and Captain of the Dangerous Stickleback
----------------------------------------
Seaeagle

I'm going to fly like an eagle to the sea.
Fly like an eagle and let my spirit carry me.
[Mar 8, 2004 3:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: I need reminding - Suggestions please Reply to this Post

Just looking for clarification: we rank above children and television?
[Mar 8, 2004 3:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

I've used XNote Stopwatch and it works pretty well. It's got lots of features, with both a stopwatch mode and countdown timer, plus keyboard shortcuts, etc. You can make it play any sound or run an app when the alarm goes...

It's free, but I think registering it opens up some additional features. Can't remember what.

Thanks for bringing this up. I actually haven't used one of these apps in a while and it would help a lot for YPP. Just last night I decided to restrict myself from the game for a few nights so I can get some other things done around the house...
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[Mar 8, 2004 3:39:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peterdoubt

Above children, television, and Bejeweled. You're in the big leagues now.
[Mar 8, 2004 3:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

PP has long ranked above television and eating in my life. As well as the more mundane things like having a social life.

This past week, though, I've had a chest infection that made it very difficult for me to breath without regular medication. There were several points during the week when I thought "time to take my medication" and then thought "it'll wait until we get to Epsilon". You know you're good when you rank above breathing.

And to help the original poster, Absolute Futurity has a 'post-it notes' interface that a colleague has recommended, and which I'm recommending second-hand: http://www.absolutefuturity.com/Desktop-It-Notes/Pop-up%20Reminder%20Freeware.htm

It has alarm settings, so it will remind you of things, besides just holding the notes visible on your desktop.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Mar 8, 2004 4:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

jasandrea wrote: 

This past week, though, I've had a chest infection that made it very difficult for me to breath without regular medication. There were several points during the week when I thought "time to take my medication" and then thought "it'll wait until we get to Epsilon". You know you're good when you rank above breathing.

I think that almost qualifies as downright unhealthy, and a bit frightening if I do say so.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Mar 8, 2004 9:31:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

I have a TV card for my computer, so I can puzzle and watch TV at the same time. Of course, remebering to launch the TV program is still an issue.
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Mar 8, 2004 11:44:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

I think this game is more important than sleep, real people, television, food, and well, myself, to me.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Mar 8, 2004 11:49:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

Oh its definitly above sleep in my life. School and volleyball I try to keep it above but ya it just doesn't work. Eating isn't a problem, I do it at the computer. Plus I have a trusty little keyboard vacumn that helps me with the crumbs :)

Children: don't have any
Friends: what friends? all those ones who say Geez yer always on that stupid pirate game! those arn't yer TRUE friends! lol all I need is me crew!

So I would have to say Y!PP is definitly the most important thing in my life even if I have to break off of it because of what should be more important. (Does that sound right?)

Dmentia bows to the wisdom of Whiplash.

[Mar 8, 2004 3:26:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
quixmix

Ahh Whiplash, ye made me laugh, love ;)
Ace o' Hearts
Captain of The Last Exiles
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

The paranoia is apparent especially during upgrades or when pp goes down; and people stop and look around clueless to do what.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

I was getting quivers in the 12 hours between Azure and Midnight.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

xagoloth wrote: 
The paranoia is apparent especially during upgrades or when pp goes down; and people stop and look around clueless to do what.

Or they just furiously click anything in an effort to get back into Y!PP. I always get the mental image of hundreds of people banging on the Y!PP door yelling out "Let me back in!" whenever the server goes down...then I click on the log on button again to see if it's up yet.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dorel at Mar 8, 2004 9:11:36 PM]
[Mar 8, 2004 9:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
pisceskitty

When you have one computer between two avid players and resort to underhanded tactics to get the other person offline...

You really just need another computer.

It may also be a bad sign that my 3 year old walks around hooking his finger and saying Yar! all the time...huh?
Selkie: Officer of the Fandango Familliars

Silaqui: Officer of the Whyvern's Pride

Ehlonna: Pirate of the Nameless Corsairs
[Mar 8, 2004 10:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laughingpan.com    ladyofthepanther    FelisFishius [Link]  Go to top 
Seaeagle

Nemo wrote: 
Just looking for clarification: we rank above children and television?

Yes! - It shouldn't happen but it is doing and it was the children started me playing this anyway. I bought a new TV eight months ago and I have only seen it six times and only Mondays 8pm - 9pm since the new series of my favourite TV show started. I have been told to get a life but I tell them I am leading four already.

Thanks for the suggestions mateys, I have D/Led them and will try them out.

Seaeagle Assassin in chief of the Assassins Guild
and Captain of the Dangerous Stickleback
Seaeagle

I'm going to fly like an eagle to the sea.
Fly like an eagle and let my spirit carry me.
[Mar 8, 2004 11:47:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kilbia

It seems I'm too late, but I love the StrongBad Time Machine. =)

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbclock.html
Fetal Pirate courtesy of http://www.queenofwands.net/
[Mar 9, 2004 12:13:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

quixmix wrote: 
Ahh Whiplash, ye made me laugh, love ;)

/em blushes

Awww

Dmentia bows to the wisdom of Whiplash.

[Mar 9, 2004 1:28:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates