• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4602 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Barfight 5PM, 9/29 : Drink and rumble your way to a familiar!

What: Barfight: A double shot of rum and rumble
When: 5PM on Friday, September 29th
Where: The Cobalt Ocean
Host: Panopea

This one's a little different than the one held last month on Midnight, so read carefully, and feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Format:

A set of automated drinking and rumble tournaments will be held in order to determine which pirates qualify for the main event. Players in each tournament will be awarded points based on far they go in the tournament, such that the winner of the tournament receives the most points. Point values are listed in a table below. At the end of the tournaments, each pirate's drinking and rumble scores will be added together. The 16 pirates with the highest point totals will be invited to the main event.

Round 1: Automated Rumble Qualifier

- This tournament will be ocean-wide, and titled "Barfight Rumble Qualifier"
- Tournament settings are: Bring your own bludgeon
- There will be some sort of prize pool for this tournament
- This tournament will be posted at 4:30 PM, with an half-hour lead time, so it will start at 5

Point values for Round 1
1st place (1 person) - 6 points
2nd place (1 person) - 5 points
3rd place (2 people) - 4 points
4th place (4 people) - 3 points
5th place (8 people) - 2 points
6th place (16 people) - 1 point

After the tournament is over, the top 32 contestants will immediately be jobbed by Panopea onto an event ship and will continue to the next round. Please turn off DND so that you can be jobbed!

Round 2: Automated Drinking Qualifier

- This tournament will be local-only and titled "Barfight Drinking Qualifier"
- Tournament settings are no mugs, 4 colors, play to 1500
- There will be some sort of prize pool for this tournament
- As soon as all 32 pirates have been jobbed, this tournament will be posted as local-only and have a 5 minute lead time.

Point values for Round 2
1st place (1 person) - 5 points
2nd place (1 person) - 4 points
3rd place (2 people) - 3 points
4th place (4 people) - 2 points
5th place (8 people) - 1 points

After the drinking tournament has finished, the point values for drinking and rumble will be added together, and the pirates with the 16 highest scores will be invited to a house for the main event.

Round 3 : Paper & Pencil Barfight!

- A 4-round swiss style tournament will be used to determine the ultimate bar room brawler
- Your point total from the qualifiers will be used to seed the initial pairings by rating
- Everyone will play for all four rounds
- Panopea will announce all match ups over house chat. Once your match up has been announced, find your opponent and use 1:1 challenges to play a round.
- Each round will consist of the following puzzles in this order: 1 drinking game, 1 rumble game, 1 drinking game, 1 rumble game, 1 treasure drop game.
- All games should be played with the following settings, and should be made unrated if either party requests it:
- Drinking settings: Default (use mugs, 5 colors, play to 1500)
- Rumble settings: Bring your own bludgeon
- Treasure drop settings: Holes, turbo, 4th round halved
- It is your responsibility to check the settings for each match, and to make sure they follow the guidelines here. Once a match is in play, it will count, even if it has the wrong settings.
- The first player to reach 3 wins in a set will be credited with a win for the round, the other will be credited with a loss.
- After a set, the winner should send Panopea a /tell with the score in the format "Panopea over Glaucus 3-1"
- You will need to stay in the house for the duration of this round, as match ups will be announced over house chat

Prizes:
Prizes will be chosen based on how many rounds you won, you can always choose a prize from a lower tier.

1st tier - One black & blue fancy ribbon + A black and blue parrot!
2nd tier - Black & blue fancy ribbon + Ancient rum jug or sleeping pig
3rd tier - Black & blue plain ribbon + Handkerchief to mop up with in your choice of colors (no black or gold)
4th tier - Black & blue plain ribbon + Black & blue Captain's Hat
5th tier - Black & blue plain ribbon + Bludgeon Trunk, Mug Rack, Rumble Pit, or Drinking Table
----------------------------------------
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Glaucus at Sep 21, 2006 9:18:47 PM]
[Sep 21, 2006 9:18:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Barfight 5PM, 9/29 : Drink and rumble your way to a familiar!

Har, I took second on midnight, let's see if I can take first this time. Good luck to everyone who will be participating.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Sep 21, 2006 10:02:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
anchorking

I didn't enter on midnight but lets see if i can win(mainly to beat stevensam)
Axetheman, Can be found lurking around the Meridian ocean

Blobbles says, "Soooo....we need to be mean drunken Aussie jerks to get muted?"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchorking at Sep 22, 2006 2:33:30 PM]
[Sep 22, 2006 2:32:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

If I make it back from my long awaited and much needed vacation in time, I might participate just to be a random annoyance.

And of course beat Steven to a pulp. =)
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Sep 22, 2006 5:30:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackiebear

argghh steven never one to let a chance at self promotion slip by, i hope blinkkid owns and wins in an easy fashion like last time.
Random Pirate: I can recite the first 128 numbers in pi
Everyone thinking to themselves: Wow what a loser!

Skinny and loving it!

Screech/Taious
[Sep 23, 2006 6:42:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kbear111

What time will it be in Mountain standerd time, because then i might be able to make it,
[Sep 26, 2006 10:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

/info is your friend. will tell you the current time.
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Sep 26, 2006 11:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hohumdiddly

I think I speak for everybody when i say that this was a great event and well run! Much thanks to Glaucus for putting this on and hope for more great events in the future!

Hohum
Mazi says, "and i have freckles"
Mazi says, "and i turn into a big freckle when exposed to rays of light"
Prosperity says, "I get cute little freckles on my nosey"
[Sep 29, 2006 8:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Was an awesome event!! I didnt think I'd make it as far as I did and it was loads of fun.

Thanks!!

Oh and just out of curiosity, why didnt it include SF?
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bkny612 at Sep 29, 2006 10:27:40 PM]
[Sep 29, 2006 8:54:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Redneck40

I think I speak for everybody when i say that this was a great event and well run! Much thanks to Glaucus for putting this on and hope for more great events in the future!

Hohum

/e curses the pink and yellow.

Down with pink and yellow! Wear black and blue!
Fonshizzle
[Sep 30, 2006 12:20:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amoyer

Great event! And thanks for the sleeping pig! It looks at very comfortable at home... just be careful not to wake him up!

Cheers!
Cedarwings
Captain of the Crew Schmew of the Flag Schmag
Cobalt Ocean
Oceanus wrote: 
"I hear Atlantis is all fun and giggles"

[Oct 2, 2006 1:48:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Panopea reminded me that I must've forgotten to post the official results to this thread, so here they are with my apologies for their tardiness:

Coming in first and taking home a lovely bruise-colored parrot was Fonshizzle. Durfin, Stevensam, Hohumdiddly, Sassytart, and Cedarwings were all in the next tier and have snoozing piggies or the curiously-shaped ancient rum jugs to decorate their houses. On the next tier, Taious, Mousht, Punkrockess, and Drekes each walked out from the barfight with a hankie in their choice of color with black trim. Freak, Damex, and Zaza are hiding their bruises with glossy black & blue captain's hats. And on the final tier, Axeman, Lizardme, and Weerina each took home some fun and functional rumble or drinking furniture.

Thank you again for coming out and playing. If you have suggestions for settings you'd rather see (for the qualifier rounds or for the main event), other formats, or other ways of improving this event, feel free to post them here, or send me a PM.

I'd also be interested to know if people would be interested in having other paired parlor puzzle competitions, would rather have events with a focus on one puzzle, or if you'd like a competition that combined all 4 1 vs 1 parlor games.
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Oct 2, 2006 10:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackiebear

When you think of bar fights you think of liquor being involved(drinking), maybe some fighting going on(rumbling) and then if things get really out of hand you stab someone(swordfighting) think a lot of the bar fight relies on like, and TD holes is just adding to that luck. Other than that I would just like to see some spades, hearts and poker tournement ability being installed to widen the puzzle pirates horizon.
Random Pirate: I can recite the first 128 numbers in pi
Everyone thinking to themselves: Wow what a loser!

Skinny and loving it!

Screech/Taious
[Oct 3, 2006 2:56:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

The present single rumbling tourney qualifier favors rumblers over drinkers.
Perhaps there should be one automated drinking qualifier and one automated rumbling qualifier both taking place simultaneously. The top 16 (or 32) of each will then be jobbed to the event ship.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Oct 6, 2006 3:14:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates