• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 68
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16874 times and has 67 replies Next Thread
3eyedSusy

cliff guns Reply to this Post

Today I be walking around turtle and happened to notice the cliff guns do they or will they have any purpose in the game, or are they just for decaration?

wildeyedjack
[Jan 6, 2003 4:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Cliff Guns Reply to this Post

I was hoping someone would notice those.
Yes, the current plan involves eventual use of cliff guns. If people can blockade your port, it seems only reasonable that you should be able to set up artillery on your shores. Of course the on-ship gunnery puzzle couldn't be used as-is for land-based weapons, not to mention the fact that those ship guns are only relevant in battle mode (which is not really the way a blockade would be done).
So, yes, we do intend to have cliff guns. But they are a bit of the ways down The List. In fact, being so early on in their thought, any ideas you have for implementation would certainly be considered.

-Nemo
----------------------------------------
[Jan 6, 2003 4:39:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: cliff guns Reply to this Post

I don't know that it has to be too different from the ship version . . . people can load them at leisure, and they deteriorate over time, so they need to be maintained. One question would be whether they should be able to be fired without a player there, or without an NPP there. I don't know how y'all feel as an organization about this sort of thing. If it's possible to have them unmanned, people can sort of stockpile passively, but they can feel sorta "safe" when they're not online. A middle option is being able to hire NPP's to man the guns, but I think that's probably more trouble than it's worth. The third option is only having them fired by PP's; it discourages passivity, but what about when people are sleeping? Would all blockades be at 6 AM Eastern? I'd like them to do something on autopilot, but have a chance to be much more effective when manned. Even if it's just a question of having a wee aiming screen added to gunnery (or a puzzle with arc and velocity and wind, like those tanks-on-hills games that used to be Shareware . . . trial and error, and needing to re-load with the gunnery puzzle . . . either in alternation, or having one person calling the shots a la sea battle, and others loading guns).
[Jan 6, 2003 5:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
GeneralLabor

I like the idea of a "Scorched Earth" type of play for the land based guns. With the ships having the option of movement at a cost of some sort or puzzle for them to. I would think that they should have some ability to disable the land cannons whether from sea or by landing party raid on the guns. Then you would need some means for defense but that?s part of keeping an island now isn't it.
[Jan 6, 2003 6:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slipster216

Better yet.. Reply to this Post

Ever play death tank? It was hidden inside of Duke Nukem 3d on the sega Saturn, and it rocked our world. We had to remove the saturn from Turbine so that work would continue in the art department, and to date it's the only game which ever had to be banned from the office.

Anyway, death tank was basically scorched earth in real time. So you could dodge peoples missles, but you moved extremely slowly unless you had jet pack upgrades. I could imagine this working perfectly with a sailing vessle, as they move in very predictable ways (given that we can't steer, expecially).
[Jan 6, 2003 12:18:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Scorched Earth, that's what that game was. I couldn't remember the name (though I do remember Shareware ones before it, including a CGA game called Nightfire). I think the idea is good, even if the visuals from them would be unsatisfactory. It could be rather "simple" . . . wind and powder (velocity) and angle. The blockade and cliff guns take turns firing at each other, with a timer until you can fire again. The ship can move to dodge a bit, the guns can't. The ship should have a harder time aiming . . . sea rising and falling, or the wind tilting the ship and skewing the shots a bit, or something . . . it should be a similar but different experience on each end. The number of ships doesn't necessarily need to be limited more than reality would do so . . . I'm sure a bunch of ships could fire on cliff guns. Getting a large number of ships together is an accomplishment in itself.

I think there needs to be some sort of automatic defense, and a competent one at that. We can't all be on all the time, and there's no way to tell how many actual players will be under a flag AND online simultaneously. Yes, understaffing is their own problem, but I don't know that sitting and waiting for an attack is a fun job. It's also not fun to have your stuff stolen by people on a different schedule regularly, because you can't be up then.

Maybe it would make sense to have it be like the skeletons are now . . . you sail up to the island and "join the attack" with a mouse click. It would check to see if your flags were at war. Other ships can join as they are able, up until the command to engage. I think pirates of the attacked flag should be given time to man the guns from wherever in the Ocean they are (not realistic, I know), via a broadcast announcement to all of that flag. There won't be tons of guns there anyway . . . perhaps limited by the fortifications purchased by the island flag. Fortifications destroyed in combat should probably stay that way, until the flag pays to have them repaired . . . ships will have to use carpentry. I don't know that there needs to be a repair puzzle for guns and junk . . . the puzzles that earn them the money to pay for repairs is good enough for me. Either way, just as ships get time to recover, so should islands.

If the cliff guns are destroyed, then what? Is that enough for a successful raid, and a chunk of island flag booty? Or should there then be swordfighting if the ships flag wins? How would one divide them up? We could be talking about dozens of players fighting at once. I can't think how this could be done best. In theory, I like the idea of it being different from ship-to-ship swordfighting, and in practice that model's interface may not support the number of people we could be talking about later. Groups of seven face off, and the survivors get re-grouped? Randomly-sized groups do the same? Or avoid it altogether, and have the cliff-gun fight be an abstraction for the defeat of an island's defense?

Somebody else needs to think. My puzzler hurts.
[Jan 7, 2003 12:59:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Ship/Island combat Reply to this Post

I have long been a fan of the "Scorched Earth" type games. However, they definitely lean more toward arcade than puzzle. I'm not saying one way or the other about what the blockade interface will be. Honestly, I don't think we've had a full group discussion of it since its initial conception. So, right now all the blockade plans rest in Cleaver's noggin.
Anyway, although Scorched Earth is the quintessential artillery format, a more puzzly mode of play (certainly influenced by those games) would better fit the Yohoho aesthetic.
[Jan 8, 2003 3:03:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

The easiest way to "puzzle-fy" it would be to use sea battle as a model . . . PP's or NPP's man the guns with a modified gunnery puzzle (presumably, a cannon is a cannon, on land or at sea, though on land they'll all face the same way), and their skill determines how quickly guns get reloaded. One person gets to coordinate on a separate screen for the cliff flag, and the captains of each ship get to coordinate theirs. That separate screen could look a lot like the sea battle screen, only smaller, with winds (or currents) and rocks and all that, and with the cliff guns on one edge. The ships could perhaps use the same token-gernerating system for moving, but that *might* be too involved in the GUI (see below). A minimum movement allowance could be granted, but I like the idea of sailors scurrying to get to the sails when they get caught in a crosswind. And rather than one gun, like in Scorched Earth, there would be several cannon to aim in that time period (an hourglass, like in sea battle). Of course, if they don't get loaded by the puzzlers, they don't get fired. Number of guns would depend on the type of ship (or fortification), say, 2-4. The coordinator would have to make small adjustments to all the guns on board, and give the order to fire each. A cannon is either loaded or not, no stocking up on tokens. Aiming cannon would be best with analog controls, like cranks or wheels or a ratcheting lever or something -- no .35 incremental changes. Changing these individually on multiple cannons -- which perhaps reset after being fired, from the recoil -- would make the cliffies busy enough, and hopefully puzzled enough. I think an amount of puzzle-ness could be added to this sea-battle-like coordination screen also by leaving winds or currents in (maybe whirlpools, maybe not), and having them change periodically. I'm not sure I like the idea of people finding "the spot" and just pounding away (especially since the cliffies can't move), so having something move the ships every so often would be interesting for both sides.

It might be too hard, as I've envisioned it here. There could be some helps, like colored lines or zones showing approximate range with the current settings, or having any of the variables (wind, direction, angle, velocity) have much lower limits, like 3 bags of powder being enough to shoot to the edge of the screen. Given that all parties are keeping track of multiple cannons, and at least the cliffies multiple targets, it might deserve simplification. As a coordination "game" overlaying furious puzzling, is it better?
[Jan 8, 2003 4:04:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
SephirothRyu

Please note that this post bumps a very old thread. -- Smythe

If your refering to the type of game i think you are, it still is a bit of a puzzle. you have to figure out what angle to use and how much power to use when firing.

the mini-game could basically just change every time that you hit something, if it becomes too complicated to have to give ship captains the ability to dodge. Or, you could have something like the gunning puzzle except only with 2 guns (cut off the other side of the ship). then you have on the other half of the screen a ship battle screen where you can pick which battle to fire upon, and then you select the seabattle square you fire on. it could be that you can only fire on the second "turn" and after so that you can't just hit them before they even move. Friendly fire could also be an issue, if ye want to embarass people who don't know what they are doing.

Oh, and like any other gunnery puzzle, you should have to be either ordered to or be a pirate or higher in the crew that owns the island. and if friendly fire is an option, whenever you hit a friend of that island, it should notify the officers so they can kick out any traitors that appear.
[Nov 29, 2004 4:59:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

You realize you're arguing with people from almost two years ago.
[Nov 29, 2004 5:01:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Nemo wrote: 
You realize you're arguing with people from almost two years ago.

Yeah, and we're both still here, too . . .
[Nov 29, 2004 5:03:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It'd be quite cool if the board was a little larger relative to the amount of cannons than usual gunnery, but involved a piece (fire?) that set off the cannon that you directed towards the back of a loaded cannon. Thus you'd have to try to direct the "fire" piece into the cliffgun while an enemy is still in your range.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 29, 2004 5:04:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

He searched for the thread, he gets a cookie for doing so. :-)
[Nov 29, 2004 5:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

ya know...i think its time for this to be worked on and developed

with the increasing blockades...the defenders need a true advantage and this would definately be one

id envision that a few people would have to load the guns while a few others do the shooting...however that could/would be implemented...
[Nov 29, 2004 5:13:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

This could link in with the requests for island /planks. The governor could shoot annoying people out of cannons.
Bubbablue,
SO of Bubba Gump Shrimpin' Co.
Vote Bubba for President in '08, cause Shrimpin' is Great!
Cleaver wrote: 
Anything else? Please don't say, 'Make everything FREEEEEE!!1!!'

[Nov 29, 2004 5:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
murgInForums

Better range! Reply to this Post

Okay, here are my cliff gun ideas...

1. First, I would want the cliff guns to be a part of the blockade. Possibly, this would mean a minor revision to the blockade board - currently the entire south-east edge represents the port - maybe the exit should be shortened to look more like an actual port - like this:

OOLGLGLGGPPGGLGLGLOO

Imagine thats the bottom row of the blockade map, with O being ocean, L being land, G being a gun emplacement, and P being the Port entrance. The O squares would be an ocean safety zone, like the safety zone at the other end of the blockade, but without the exit option.

2. Cliff guns should have better range than ship guns. This makes sense since I invisage a fixed emplacement that cannot shift like the ships. As ships have a range of three, perhaps emplacements should have a range of five?

3. Gun emplacements should be a construction site that must be created and completed on an island. Not all islands would get these by default. (Vilya cheats, I would guess) This would encourage the big island-owning flags to really earn their gun-encrusted islands. Islands that are defended as such will be harder to win in blockade, if well-implemented. Granted rich flags may get guns setup quickly, but that is a poe-sink that would serve to equalize wealth. If you win the blockade, you get the emplacements (possibly in some dammaged form that requires construction work (and commodities) to mend).

4. Further, I agree with the idea previously mentioned - one should be able to knock out the emplacements. Something like a ship landing (without sinking) at the Land square next to the emplacement (a special icon might exist) and everyone in both places entering a brawl. If the ship wins, the emplacement is 'sunk' for the rest of the blockade round... if the emplacement wins, the ship can retreat. One imagines that a ship would take fire on its way in, so maybe the landing zone would be right in front of the gun to make it difficult.

5. If Ideas 1 2, and 4 are all agreeable, the blockade restriction of not entering a port simply because you're at war could be lifted. Now, you *can* fight your way to port, and if you get there without sinking you can enter. Note that entering the blockade from the port side would be a risky proposition in this case, since you can get pummeled on the way out!

6. It would be cool if some reasonable fixed percentage of flags generated for blockade came out near to (within range of) the cliff guns. I'm not sure what would make sense for game balance - this clearly gives gun encrusted islands a blockade advantage. Initially, i'm guessing something from 10 to 30%. It all depends upon how many pirates will be tied up puzzling at the emplacement. If there are only a few flags, it may not be worth manning them; however the carnage from boats leaving portside might be tremendous and worth mannign the guns; once that initial carnage is over you can imagine teh defenders abandoning the cliff guns and getting in their boats to chase the attackers...

7. Cliff Guns might also do more damage that the ships they attack. To be precise, I dont think that they should be 'super-large' cannon balls. A small sloop should have just as much chance of 'running the guns' as a big frigate. Therefore, the cliff balls might best function with variable dammage - one size larger than they ship they hit.

8. Finally, the gun emplacements should only be manned by Real Players. This way, its like a ship that cannot move and cannot sink. If the emplacements are buildings on the island, blockade defenders can choose to puzzle from land instead of from a ship. I would guess that the emplacements would have sizes, similar to a bazaar stall; in this way they could have as many players as any prospective landing parties. I'm not sure how a good balance could be achieved here, though. perhaps only two emplacements makes sense if they're going to be manned by 30 pirates each - and if a large ship (WF) approaches a small emplacement, would the imbalance make sense?

(still 8)I'm thinking that there be as many puzzle positions as 1/4 the guns, just like with ships. The risk is that a large ship will land and overwhelm the defenders.

9. A construction puzzle (possibly carpentry, possibly something new involving stonework?) might also be appropriate, in case dammage is introduced to the gun emplacement. They should be destructable in some fasion.

------
A) And finally, a related idea - I think that cannons (both for ship-board and for cliff-emplacements) should be commodities in the game. This could throw another equalizing element into the game. If guns had to be made (possibly at ironmongers, though with swords that makes 'em too all-encompasing), then one would need to buy 'em and outfit ships with 'em; and a large (expensive) cliff gun version would be needed to stock an island.
Murgthered (and in blockade, Murgthegrim)
[Nov 29, 2004 5:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

Murg, ye've done it again. :)

I really like the idea of cliff guns. I also like the way Murg has it set up as having to be built via a constrution site. I also like a limit on them. On thing that ask is how far can these guns go? i think half the board would be neat. The whole board could also be cool. That would prevent sloops and whatnot just itting on low-point flags. But then, that would pretty much destroy all usefullness of sloops in blockades (not that they're all that useful to begin with).
-Harding
[Nov 29, 2004 5:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Callistan

I agree with Smolder that cliff-guns should be able to fire half the board or more, but that severely cuts down on strategy if any ship in the line of fire is hit.

I'd like to see an aiming mechanism, making sure vertical angle is taken into effect for target distance. Gunners would aim for a square on the board and any ship in the line of fire, maybe within two or three squares of the target point are hit. Any ship closer than that gets to watch the shot fly over her bow without damage.

I'd also like to see a puzzle to aim the guns, better puzzling providing shots closer to the intended target (line of fire and distance).

Would it still be interesting if the size of the gun were determined by the site on which it is placed? Thus islands with rock cliffs, which could support large cannons, would be more defensible than beach islands.
kah-LISS-tin, once and future pirate, maintainer of YPP Maps
If you can manage to pin the beast down, we'll pop him into the code. - Nemo
[Nov 29, 2004 6:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://maps.warbrig.com [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

I think that you should pick a square for each shot, and whatever is in that square at the ent of that turn gets hit. It would be kinda like a missile silo in Advance Wars 2, but with no splash damage.

Next question: How many times would it be able to shoot each turn?
I think 2 is fair, but 4 would be nifty as well.
-Harding
[Nov 29, 2004 6:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
murgInForums

I'm glad ye like my thoughts, harding...

As for 'half the board' i dont think thats good. The visual of the guns being used for the first phase of a blockade round, where all the ships are setting out from port, is whats compelling. Once ships are out on the board, ship-to-ship combat should settle the score.

I feel that if five squares isnt enough for you, then 1/3 of the board should be the absolute max. I'm firmly in the 5 square category, so that a ship has to take at least two turns to run the guns, more likely three turns. This would lead to dammage of the 50% variety. I dont want the cliff guns to dominate, and I do want ships to be able to counter them.
Murgthered (and in blockade, Murgthegrim)
[Nov 29, 2004 6:52:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
matiano

Would it be an across shot (like current ship cannons) or a targeted square (like battleship) ? Either way I love this idea.
Matiano (only on Cobalt and not responsible for anything a Midnight Matiano might do.)
Officer of Moonstruck Marauders
[Nov 29, 2004 7:16:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uhhsuperman

Will the Gov. of every island be able to make these guns? It seems kind of dumb that only a few lucky islands will be able to defend them selves. Also, will you have an angle to shoot towards? I mean what happens if you have guns that point north, and east? Will it matter where they are, or will they be able to shoot any thing from any point or angle?
Where?
[Nov 29, 2004 9:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

Yes.

No. Blockade boards are only facing east (respectively) of the island. i think it would be silly to have guns that could face any other way.

Right now, i think that 1/3 to 1/2 of the blockade board would be open game for the cliff guns.
-Harding
[Nov 29, 2004 10:17:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoMantis

I think the blockade guns could really face any direction on the island, but of course they'd all face towards the battle in the blockade.

I really like Murg's ideas.

I would limit their range to 1/3 of the board, and make their shots hit on turn 2 of the round.

This would be really really cool.
Legionnaire, Imperial Fist Chapter
Prince of Lost Legion
[Nov 29, 2004 3:07:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nikolai

First of all I'd like to say that cliff guns would be pretty cool.

I'd also say, that as First Mate of the S.S. Historicism, coastal fortifications have never been successfully defeated by ship-based fire. The reason, as a British admiral once said, "is that coastal fortresses have an uncanny tendancy not to sink".

True coastal "guns", that is, level-firing cannon, would set up a permanent screen of fire which enemy ships would never dare venture into unless moving fast and full of carpenters. For this reason, there needs to be some sort of incentive for ships to move into that last part of the map. Alternately, coastal guns could fire "battleship style", as was suggested.

I'm quite fond of the "battleship style" suggestion, as it suggest extremely long-range shore guns, such as the big 20+ pounders they installed in some seaforts. Having been to Fort Sumter I can tell you that any gun you can stick your head inside is pretty impressive. Having been aboard the USS Alabama, any gun you can crawl down the tube of is godawfully frightening.

Anyway, using battleship style would require someone to be designated as in charge of the guns. I suppose the best way to do this would be any flag's titled members or royalty be able to click a cannon on the island map (or a bit of surveying equiptment to be added with coastal guns) and through that direct fire. Meanwhile, anyone in the flag or jobbed for a flag crew can man the coastal guns.

The coastal guns would be larger than usual; enough to fit two bags of powder. This would justify their ridiculous range as well as make shore gunnery more complicated. (alternately, guns could be packed with 1-3 bags of powder, allowing the cannon to be fired at three different tiers on the battle board. By doing this, long range fire will be rarer while close range fire would become far more murderous.

Cannon fire would be directed by the flag officer against ships by placing a cannon token on the grid square he would like to fire upon. Ships dead in the water or otherwise trapped will be victim to a hellacious bombardment, while ships moving constantly, or even occasionally, would be very difficult to hit. This would cut back on the constant camping that some ships do, pumping ammo into stranded ships. A strategy of damaging and flooding ships with your mobile vessels while sinking them with shore guns could easily evolve from this.

Well, that's some idle ramblings. Let me know how it goes.
Too many people are offended by my anti-dumb-idea mentality. Gee, I wonder how it could offend them. Maybe they have dumb ideas? And if that is the case, why do they spin their problem back at me?
[Nov 30, 2004 6:25:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IcabobFreely

Have 2 to 3 people to actually work the guns. One to spot, 2 to load and to rotate the cannon. Somehow generate movement tokens. Make it to where the spotter/person who fires the cannon to see half the blockade screen, and can pick a grid to fire upon. Based on the current position, the cannon could take 2 to 3 rounds to actually move there and fire. Kind of like battleship, except you can see the ships. You just don't know where they'll be in the next round or two.
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.
[Nov 30, 2004 6:42:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    IcaTheBadOne [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

Wow, i never knew that cannons were that big.

I agree with what you have said thus far. As another suggestion, maybe have the aiming be a mini-puzzle if you will. No ratings, no exp, just results.

From a birds eye view of the blockade board:
Have an X and Y axis on a 10x10 targetting grid that can be placed wherever the person manning the guns wants them to be. Have a targetting circle travel along the x-axis at a fairly high speed. After you push a button, the circle freezes, and a cannon ball starts zooming up and down on the Y-axis. You would be trying to get the cannonball in, or as close to, the initial circle as possible. If you successfully place the ball in the circle it is a dead accurate shot and will hit that square. If you are a square too far or too short, the cannon ball will land in a random square 1 square next to or diagonally from the intended target, the intended target is included in the randomness. The same goes for 2 square, ect..

Please feel free to critique this idea, as it can only make it better. :)
-Harding
[Nov 30, 2004 6:44:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Does anyone remember those old DOS cannon games, there's like a million different ones, where you have 2 guns shooting at each other? Where you are on different levels and and given a wind, then you have to input an angle and velocity type of information and try to destroy the other player first. Now I could really get into some messed up version of that being used for cliff guns. Well as long as they kept out the nuclear types and locking ammunition.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Nov 30, 2004 7:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

Flak_88 wrote: 
Does anyone remember those old DOS cannon games, there's like a million different ones, where you have 2 guns shooting at each other? Where you are on different levels and and given a wind, then you have to input an angle and velocity type of information and try to destroy the other player first. Now I could really get into some messed up version of that being used for cliff guns. Well as long as they kept out the nuclear types and locking ammunition.

TANK WARS!!!1!1

Oh golly, i haven't played that in seriously forever.

That could be another excellent way of implementing the aiming process. I like it because it is more realistic and there is more chance of hitting a friendly ship, which would make me laugh... even if it was me. :p
-Harding
[Nov 30, 2004 7:12:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Flak_88 wrote: 
Well as long as they kept out the nuclear types and locking ammunition.

Funky bomb, sandhogs, MIRV. They should all be left out. It'd be funny if there was a way to alter the battle board (drop rocks which block currents and whirlpools). I can just see the call for bar shot, chain shot, heated shot and the perennial favorite, grapeshot.
[Nov 30, 2004 9:27:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates