• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 491
Posts: 491   Pages: 17   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 101312 times and has 490 replies Next Thread
Shandra

U Giv Doll? [Did you get your prize?] Reply to this Post

Have you ever wanted an OM doll of your own? Are you one of the unfortunate many that haven't been able to get your hands on one? Do ye wish yer favorite Ringer had a doll to give? Here is your chance to have both! Instead of nagging our beloved OOO staff to death to give YOU a doll, you get to make a doll for THEM in an attempt to win one, or two, or three! Create a doll or dolls depicting your favorite OOO staff member and show them off! You may use *almost* any medium or method ye like to create yer doll. Here are some method suggestions: Mold it, sew it, build it, bake it, sculpt it, carve it, glue it *gasps for air* weave it, knit it, crochet it - you get the idea! I want all of these representations to be 3D objects! If you are not sure if a medium is acceptable, ask! Ringers don't have dolls ye say? Well hold on to your hats! Nemo is going to make the participating Ringers doll trinkets so here is your chance to be one of the first to win them!

Not sure what to model your doll after? OM doll trinkets, portraits, or those cute little in-game piratey figures. (You might have to check other oceans, the forums, or YPPedia to find them.) Don't send the OMs petitions or tells asking what they look like or for information about their favorite colors!

Check below for a list of everyone that will be participating in this event, I would hate for ye to make a doll that doesn't have a chance to win a prize (unless of course ye want to.)

Rules:
1. Make a doll representing one of the listed staff members. - You can NOT buy a doll and just dress it up - you actually have to make it!
2. If yer doll is going to have clothes on, you gotta make them. No store-bought doll clothes allowed! If yer doll will be without clothing it must be 100% gender neutral. (I really don't want to see dolls with butt cracks or *other* body parts.)
3. Take pictures! I want to see in-progress pictures as well as the final product. When taking your pictures put a piece of paper or an index card in the picture with your pirate name on it. (2 or 3 in-progress and at least 2 final product pictures please.)
4. Submit your pictures along with a list of 'ingredients' used. If you make a Hypnos doll out of an old sock stuffed with beans, I want to know what kind of beans! All entries must be submitted to the proper entry thread. There are 4 different entry threads! Make sure you post to the right one! Entry threads are linked below.
5. Yes, you can make more than one doll - HOWEVER - they have to be different. You can not make one doll, dress it up differently, and enter it multiple times. I want noticeable differences in the dolls themselves.
6. If you make more than one, submit them as separate entries. Each entry you make has a chance at winning a prize.
7. There is no size limit on the dolls. Just be sure if it is itty bitty we can see it clearly in the pictures. If it is life size - other than being kinda creepy - hold that doll up and stand with it!
8. Taco's evil eye has spotted some pictures on the forums of dolls some mates have made for other events or for posterity - these are not allowed to be entered into this event.
9. Before any of you take a notion to it, NO Voodoo style dolls allowed.
10. Do NOT flood our staff with questions regarding this event. If you have a question, post it to this thread. If I don't have or know the answer, I will find it. Do NOT send the participating OMs/Ringers the pictures for your entry, once I close this event I will send them all a PM or email linking all entries depicting them.
11. All entries must be submitted by 12 PM (noon) PDT on the 30th of September!

Judging:
The OMs/Ringers that have time will select who wins their respective prize. If they do not have time to do so themselves, me and a small panel of judges will select our favorite renditions. Hopefully this will take no longer than a week.

Those that are to be selected by the judges: We will look for creativity, originality, and a smidge of cuteness.

Prizes:
The prizes awarded will be up to the participating members. Generally they will all be awarding doll trinkets *except* Artemis. Some of them may award more than one, or reach deep into their magik prize bags and come up with some other fancy prizes. In some situations they might not award a prize at all.. ie - Let's say only one person creates a Nemesis doll - odds are that person won't get a prize for it (unless of course Nemesis thinks it's really great.) However unlikely, all of them do maintain the right to decline awarding doll trinkets. Do not abuse them or me if this ends up being the case.

*Disclaimer* This event was not my idea. It stemmed from a conversation between Padore and Cronk (2 of my hearties.) Padore approached me with the idea and asked me to host it. Poseidon, Artemis, Glaucus, and Nemo also contributed to the final event proposal.

*Disclaimer Part 2* Since I generally won't be judging this event I fully intend on entering it! If of course I end up judging for any of the participating individuals, I would not be eligible for their prize. And no, I have not already started so I don't have a time advantage.

What to do with those dolls once this is over? Well, as ye all know, OOO has a nice large new office in San Francisco. They need help decorating it! If you want - and this is purely optional - you can mail your doll or dolls to the SF office so they can display some of them there. Which ones get displayed will of course be up to those that have to look at them every day. Fair Warning: If you mail your doll to the office, they will not return it to you. Please wait until judging is complete to mail your dolls!

Participants:
Apollo - OM - Wiki link - 13 dolls made - Doll winner - Amyliz - Winning Entry
Arcturus - Ringer - Wiki link - 7 dolls made - Doll Winners - Daleenmarine , Proftracy , Countrytheta
Artemis - OM - Wiki link - 10 dolls made
Bia - OM - Wiki link - 7 dolls made - Doll winner - Yetidave - Winning Entry
Castor - OM - Wiki link - 6 dolls made - Doll Winner - Senorita_Esp , Doll Winner - Jerze
Entry Thread for the above 5
...................................................................................
Cephalopod - Ringer - Wiki link - 5 dolls made - Doll Winner - Raya_Foxfire - Winning Entry , Doll Winner - Jirugameshi - Winning Entry
Cleaver - Ringer - Wiki link - 10 dolls made - Doll Winner - Countrytheta , Doll Winner - Jerze , Doll Winner - Fiddlesticks
Clio - OM - Wiki link - 8 dolls made - Doll Winner - Zandia - Winning Entry
Dionysus - OM - Wiki link - 5 dolls made - Doll Winner - Daleenmarine - Winning Entry
Eurydice - OM - Wiki link - 9 dolls made - Doll Winner - Libelle - Winning Entry
...................................................................................
Glaucus - OM - Wiki link - 6 dolls made - Doll Winner - Patetch - Winning Entry
Hypnos - OM - Wiki link - 8 dolls made - Doll Winner - Sezra - Winning Entry
Lizthegrey - Ringer - Wiki link - 7 dolls made - *Everyone* that made a Liz doll gets a Liz doll!
Mnemosyne - OM - Wiki link - 12 dolls made - Doll Winner - Countrytheta - Winning Entry , Doll Winner - Tj_bales - Winning Entry
Nemesis - OM - Wiki link - 11 dolls made - Doll Winner - Bcsingingmom - Winning Entry , Doll Winner - Blackbeth - Winning Entry
....................................................................................
Nemo - Ringer - Wiki link - 11 dolls made - Doll Winner - Hahacat , Doll Winner - Countrytheta
Oceanus - OM - Wiki link - 6 dolls made - Doll Winners - Amyliz33 , Jerze , Patetch
Poseidon - OM - Wiki link - 9 dolls made - Doll winner - Jerze , Doll Winner - Taco , Doll Winner - Powwwer
Prometheus - OM - Wiki link - 5 dolls made - Doll Winner - pan211 , Doll Winner - Redlucy
Roparzh - Ringer - Wiki link - 10 dolls made - Doll Winner - Jsweetie , Doll Winner - Moon_Goddess
.....................................................................................

Existing Doll Trinkets

**Note: I did not actually get permission from Cleaver but Nemo assured me he would love this and told me to put him on the list!

San Francisco office address:
Three Rings Design
612 Howard Street #500
San Francisco, CA 94105

Do not mail any food items or hazardous materials to this address! If you are under 18 seek parental permission before mailing your doll or dolls. Put some sort of label on the doll so they know who it is (Ya I know, it just might not be obvious to them!) Put your name on the package - unlabeled packages will NOT be opened! Don't worry about your personal information, they already know who you are.

Posting your entry's -
So we don't break the forums or make it impossible for those with slower connections to load, when you post your entry, post links only to your in-progress pictures, and only one actual image of your final product - link any other final product pictures you have. Size the posted picture so it is no larger than 500x500 pixels. Feel free to link any and all pictures of your project you want.

Example:
Random Pirate makes a doll and takes 10 in-progress pictures and 5 of the finished product. His entry will have 14 links and only one actual image.
-Make sure your links work! Use the edit button to fix any errors instead of trying to repost!

If you do not know how to post pictures or links to pictures, send me a PM, I will be happy to guide you through the process.

If for some reason your forum account is broken and you can not post your own entry, send me an email at frogtacos@hotmail.com - title your email Doll Event (or I will trash it) and we can discuss your problems there. If need be, I will post your entry for you. Do NOT wait until the last minute!! I will not respond to emails received within the last 48 hours of this event. Do NOT send/email/PM your entries to the specific participating OMs/Ringers!

Any and all questions regarding this event need to be asked in this thread, once again, do NOT contact the OMs/Ringers about this event, they already know about it.

Good luck and get busy!
----------------------------------------
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Edit 103 times, last edit by Shandra at Dec 2, 2006 5:01:39 PM]
[Aug 29, 2006 7:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheUnderlord

Re: U Giv Doll? Reply to this Post

A Liz doll? An Arcturus doll? A Cleaver doll? A Cephalopod doll? A... a... a...

Squeeeee!

I might actually have to purchase some sculpey and put my middle school art classes to good use :P
for (int i = 1; i > 0; i++) {
postcount++;
}
Avatar by the überawesome Kingpriam
[Aug 29, 2006 7:34:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tennveil

Omigosh she actually posted it o_O. I am awed.
[Aug 29, 2006 7:41:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sasquilie

i LOVE this idea Taco, sweet work (shang :D)

BUT! even though it has to represent an OM, does it necessarily have to be a human kind of shape? given we all look very lego-like, could we have some licence with turning the OM's into little shapes (or animals or crazy stuff like that?) for example, I dunno, a wave with a face on it (really just pulling out nothing here).

thanks!
Sasquilie In the Middle of the Night.
[Aug 29, 2006 7:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

i LOVE this idea Taco, sweet work (shang :D)

BUT! even though it has to represent an OM, does it necessarily have to be a human kind of shape? given we all look very lego-like, could we have some licence with turning the OM's into little shapes (or animals or crazy stuff like that?) for example, I dunno, a wave with a face on it (really just pulling out nothing here).

thanks!
So long as your entry meets the rules, I shall not generally limit your creative abilities and styles.
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 29, 2006 7:48:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

*psst* Put the deadline in boooold! ;)
Familiar on Cobalt
[Aug 29, 2006 8:47:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

*psst* Put the deadline in boooold! ;)
I considered that, then decided against it as it is posted in the rules. I would hope everyone reads ALL the rules!
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 29, 2006 8:50:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Sadly, since we have not had the opportunity to see the trinket dolls Nemo has made for the non-OM participants, there may be a slight advantage for the OMs with the trinkets already as far as likeness goes. Any idea when we will have a peek at the newer trinket dolls? (especially since some of them may not even have portraits)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Synful at Aug 29, 2006 9:19:51 PM]
[Aug 29, 2006 9:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

*Indeed has evil thoughts floating in her evil head.

A night of sleep will help clear the head of fog and notions that are just too... hehehee.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Aug 29, 2006 9:20:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Sadly, since we have not had the opportunity to see the trinket dolls Nemo has made for the non-OM participants, there may be a slight advantage for the OMs with the trinkets already as far as likeness goes. Any idea when we will have a peek at the newer trinket dolls? (especially since some of them may not even have portraits)
I believe all participating members have portraits, I will check the wiki and post links next to the names. These dolls do NOT have to look like the trinkets!!
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 29, 2006 9:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Do these have to be made compleatly from scratch (ie for a cloth doll we make the patterns) or can we use patterns already available, so long as we make the doll?
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Aug 29, 2006 9:33:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Do these have to be made compleatly from scratch (ie for a cloth doll we make the patterns) or can we use patterns already available, so long as we make the doll?
I don't see why you couldn't use an existing pattern so long as you make the doll. If it comes as an entire packaged set though I'm thinking that wouldn't be so cool.
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 29, 2006 9:40:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jellynjam

Taco, *crunch crunch* can we draw it or must it be 3D?
Cheers,
Inga of Cobalt
[Aug 30, 2006 7:33:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Taco, *crunch crunch* can we draw it or must it be 3D?

The first paragraph of the OP wrote: 
I want all of these representations to be 3D objects

I'm excited about this one. I have an idea. Well, a half dozen ideas. I just need to figure out which lovely OM gets the benefit of the idea I have the requires the most labor. And which one gets to be made from old socks.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Talisker at Aug 30, 2006 8:05:15 AM]
[Aug 30, 2006 7:54:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Lefi wrote: 
And which one gets to be made from old socks.

Hypnos, because he smells funny.

<3
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Aug 30, 2006 8:35:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
yrrab2

There are 15 dolls in all, but the Doll I am making is not listed there, how are we gonna have the doll of that OM (Mine is a ringer) that is not listed there? (If we win)
Weeding
[Edit 1 times, last edit by yrrab2 at Aug 30, 2006 10:24:44 AM]
[Aug 30, 2006 10:23:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

The idea is to make a doll of those participating not just anybody you want.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 30, 2006 10:27:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

There are 15 dolls in all, but the Doll I am making is not listed there, how are we gonna have the doll of that OM (Mine is a ringer) that is not listed there? (If we win)

There are 20 on the list unless I am miscounting.. Anyway, from the original post:

Check below for a list of everyone that will be participating in this event, I would hate for ye to make a doll that doesn't have a chance to win a prize (unless of course ye want to.)
In other words, if you make a doll of someone that is NOT on that list, you are doing it for posterity - it will not win a prize.

**Just a note: In case you are wondering how I sorted the participants, I simply went in increments of 5 alphabeticaly.
Taco - teh one and only

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shandra at Aug 30, 2006 10:47:15 AM]
[Aug 30, 2006 10:41:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Ok, I'm making my list, checked it twice! Hope I don't forget anything this time!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 30, 2006 10:54:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sottovoce

/me gets busy!

Thanks Taco :D
Sebastienne of Cobalt

Karaoke Kapers Entry: "plundertime" http://www.singshot.com/playPerformance.html?performanceId=WUnsidrRmf4%3D&play=Y
[Aug 30, 2006 1:45:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Ok mates, lol, I am well into production on my doll. I have his body all assembled just have to make his clothes. I wanted to tell you all don't be shy if you think your doll looks stupid, mine surely does and it looks nothing like the poor man I am depicting. Muppets on speed comes to mind....
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 30, 2006 2:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

It doesn't have to be 100% handmade, does it? I mean, obviously I will make it as much handmade as I can, but what I'm envisioning may require modifying something storebought. But everything visible would be handmade.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Aug 30, 2006 4:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

It doesn't have to be 100% handmade, does it? I mean, obviously I will make it as much handmade as I can, but what I'm envisioning may require modifying something storebought. But everything visible would be handmade.
Send me a PM with the specifics, should be fine though.
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 30, 2006 5:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaits

Yay!

/me starts sketching and making patterns
Viridian - Anabanana - Officer and Poet of RLS Legacy under the flag Pay for Play
Hunter - Kaits - Officer and Poet of Pitch Black under the flag of The Eye

Oringinalsexy says, "anabanana who do you think you are? Hypnos?"

[Aug 30, 2006 9:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yrrab2

I think ye missundertood me, let me tell ye exactly - I am making a Chepalopod Doll in real - but on the Wiki Link it seems that he doesn't have a doll to give our (For example Artemis have her own Artemis doll to give out) if some one wins with Chepalopod Doll what will he give out as a prize, since he doesn't have his own doll?
Weeding
[Aug 31, 2006 9:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Nemo is making dolls for anybody on the list that does not currently have their own doll.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 31, 2006 9:42:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

I think ye missundertood me, let me tell ye exactly - I am making a Chepalopod Doll in real - but on the Wiki Link it seems that he doesn't have a doll to give our (For example Artemis have her own Artemis doll to give out) if some one wins with Chepalopod Doll what will he give out as a prize, since he doesn't have his own doll?

From the original post:

Ringers don't have dolls ye say? Well hold on to your hats! Nemo is going to make the participating Ringers doll trinkets so here is your chance to be one of the first to win them!

Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 31, 2006 11:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

<.<
>.>

My doll is posted. No pointing and laughing!
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 31, 2006 5:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
happymonkeys

Aw, it's a lubberly doll, Taco. I especially like the fluffy legs of the octo - squee++ 'Tis really cute. :D Tennviel's entry is adorable too!

Wish I could say the same for my doll attempt, haha. Making a jacket, gown and goodness knows what else is a challenge in itself for a pirate who is stuck with a needle, cotton that just won't go through the eye of the needle, unruly scraps of material and zero sewing experience! Plus the fact that I may try embroidering eyes on it. *giggles* Oh, it makes me want to throw burning things at it.

But shiny doll, shiny shiny doll...
--Raquaetta, Midnight
Avatars still in the works...having a bit of a creative block heh..
[Aug 31, 2006 5:44:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Aw, it's a lubberly doll, Taco. I especially like the fluffy legs of the octo - squee++ 'Tis really cute. :D Tennviel's entry is adorable too!

Wish I could say the same for my doll attempt, haha. Making a jacket, gown and goodness knows what else is a challenge in itself for a pirate who is stuck with a needle, cotton that just won't go through the eye of the needle, unruly scraps of material and zero sewing experience! Plus the fact that I may try embroidering eyes on it. *giggles* Oh, it makes me want to throw burning things at it.

But shiny doll, shiny shiny doll...
LOL making the clothes sucks. Tis why my Ceph has very basic clothing. Hat? No way. It didn't survive my attempt at sewing.
Taco - teh one and only

[Aug 31, 2006 5:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 491   Pages: 17   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates