• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 234
Posts: 234   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57223 times and has 233 replies Next Thread
PaulaJean

Re: The Great 24 hour Ocean Blockades Reply to this Post

could you post a list of all the blockadeable ones for all the oceans?
----------------------------------------
Jeanie ~ Sage
Happily on Ypp Vacation

Proud of her lil band of darlings: Darkened Embers/Cielo Ardente.
Former ~ Princess of LoL, BoG, RoS. VF
Former Queen of Distant Shore Legacy (which is now merged)
[Aug 18, 2006 4:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

The prizes, will the ships and stock be magicked up at the event island (Typhoon for Viridian), the winners chosen island to open or just any island that they state?
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Aug 18, 2006 4:41:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingfischer

OlE!

1 AM 'cade at Accompong, Hunter!

4 PM my timezone!

OlE!

/em's timezone roxorz yours.
Fischer

Viridian
Senior Officer and Tactician of the crew Viridian Swashbucklers
Royal Pain

Hunter
Captain of the Hunt
Currently Flagless

Sage
FO and Blockade XO of Looney Bin
Lunatic Fringe
[Aug 18, 2006 4:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1murdoc

The prizes, will the ships and stock be magicked up at the event island (Typhoon for Viridian), the winners chosen island to open or just any island that they state?

onemurdoc is intrested in this too
Onemurdoc
Ex-King of RiddleMakers
Ex-Captain of Dragon's Horde
[Aug 18, 2006 4:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Supplies can be delivered wherever you have room to hold 'em. Ships can be delivered to any med/large colonized island.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Artemis at Aug 18, 2006 5:49:41 AM]
[Aug 18, 2006 5:35:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Can the winner pick a "no more island openings" option?

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Aug 18, 2006 8:44:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Minor nit: Since you might not get a large, medium, small on the dub oceans, the schedule of blockade opening needs to change to "Hunter first place", "Sage second place", etc, rather than "Hunter large" (there might not be any :-).

Mmm... I just came here from annoucements. Has Fandango announced an intention yet? Can someone deliberately win and say "We choose for no island to be opened"?

Glubby Glubby. Will this be a KCWT event? :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 18, 2006 10:21:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Come on people, you're tramplin' on my tiny black heart. Too much talking about islands and not enough about the glub glub.
[Aug 18, 2006 10:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcpirate1978

Come on people, you're tramplin' on my tiny black heart. Too much talking about islands and not enough about the glub glub.

Indeed - we're talking about 24 hours of sinking goodness...all which leads to new islands being opened, which will lead to more sinking goodness.

Shipwrighters rejoice!
Fullbeard
[Aug 18, 2006 11:17:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

/me does an Irish Jig on Shur's tiny black heart.
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Aug 18, 2006 2:01:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
EverclearBoy

Is Cook considered a valid Island to take on Sage?
Amberon says, "Tricky little bastards."
Stud at Drinking Competitions says, "umm >.> will u quit for 50% of what i win? >.>"
Everclearboy officer chats "Stud's offering me Half a bird?"
[Aug 18, 2006 2:59:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Is Cook considered a valid Island to take on Sage?

Id think so as its connected to two colinized islands.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Aug 18, 2006 3:26:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazygal77

Great event idea :) The day after my birthday(9/9) as well. It's like a late present. LOL
Ceegee on Sage/Emerald
Captain of Death Wish \Queen of Eternal Glory
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ceegee

Avatars by Hippi and Killercat (he made the green one).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by crazygal77 at Aug 18, 2006 5:10:27 PM]
[Aug 18, 2006 5:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    hiddentask2001 [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

Shur wrote: 

Amen brother.

This is sinkerific.
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Aug 18, 2006 7:01:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Quinthanius

Seems Garnet gets look over for yet another large island. Good work ringers.

Also a sinking blockade to decide and then a sinking blockade to take the uncolonized island. Sounds like this could be a real snoozer event.
-Calais
[Aug 18, 2006 8:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Seems Garnet gets look over for yet another large island. Good work ringers.

Also a sinking blockade to decide and then a sinking blockade to take the uncolonized island. Sounds like this could be a real snoozer event.

If its a real snoozer of an event, One could imagine a flag camping with a sloop if nobody else bothers. Either way, I can also imagine there would be atleast one or 2 flags from each ocean there for the glub glub and glory, with the selection of the Island an added bonus.

Either way, I could also forsee a flag winning the thing, and then auctioning of the selection prize rights.....
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 18, 2006 10:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Malach

Minor nit: Since you might not get a large, medium, small on the dub oceans, the schedule of blockade opening needs to change to "Hunter first place", "Sage second place", etc, rather than "Hunter large" (there might not be any :-).

Edit: Didn't read the rules carefully enough, it's specific sizes or smaller, not the specific sizes, which changes my reply a bit. I've tacked a new post on at the end with the updated response.

Well, the sizes of islands opening are specified, so I'd assume that selected islands are limited to the sizes remaining to open after other winners choose their island openings.

That'd also provide solid justification for first chosing first on the Doubloon oceans, as that'd be the only way to guarantee that you get to open the island you want to, barring it being the only island of it's size that qualifies, which means it'll be getting opened regardless. If it were just 3 islands, I'd say have third choose first, and so on. Since sizes are specified, and the list doesn't change with new selections, it needs to be the other way around so second and third risk not getting to open the island they want most, rather than first and second.
-Malach, mostly on Cobalt

Ex-Captain of Omega
Owner of Circe's Brew, Labyrinth Moors
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Malach at Aug 21, 2006 8:08:57 AM]
[Aug 18, 2006 11:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Malach1    250095 [Link]  Go to top 
Sea_Blades

How about Maia island on Hunter?
Seablades
~Hunter
[Aug 19, 2006 1:40:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Could we get a blockade on Ice at noon on 9th to make it more than 24 hours? :p

If not, I'll do it on King's, but that would probably mean non-sinking.
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Aug 19, 2006 3:07:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xXPyro69Xx

Hail the queen of booches <3

Your opening schedule still has Hunter opening one of each instead of LOO. I guess it's safe to assume the first medium is the first outpost.

One does not need to have more than a passing knowledge of the history of Viridian and Hunter to see what could be. I assure you, I know more than you having not set foot on Hunter on a main in months.

[Aug 19, 2006 3:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stlnmyhrt

Currently, only large choice on Viridian would be Cabo de Hornos. Unless I missed something somewhere, there are no other uninhabited large islands adjacent to currently inhabited islands.

Does that mean the winner would have to rely on 2nd or 3rd place to open an island adjacent to open up choices?

If that is the case I see no reason why anyone would want to take first.

The rules state that choices do not expand your options so if there is only one large island at 1st place there will still only be one large island choice at 3rd place.
Artemis says:

Only uncolonized islands directly adjacent to a currently colonized island are up for grabs, the set of available islands is the same for everyone , it does not expand after a choice has been made.
- The islands being chosen do not have to be as large as possible , we could open LMO, MMO, OOO, etc.

This means you win first place you get to choose either a large, medium or outpost to open. 2 place gets to choose from what is left or smaller than that.
Beu
Captain of Artemithian Legions
Conquering Viridian one step at a time.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Stlnmyhrt at Aug 19, 2006 4:02:10 PM]
[Aug 19, 2006 3:50:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

The Great 24 hour Ocean Blockades

When: September 9-10

........did you say that........ tell me you didnt........ THATS WHEN MY CRICKET SEASON STARTS! MY FIRST MATCH!
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Arty_pirate at Aug 20, 2006 4:20:51 AM]
[Aug 20, 2006 4:20:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Malach

Ok, since I misread the rules, and missed the bit about being able to choose smaller than the specified islands, I can see justification for a rules modification as follows:

Allow First place to reserve their choice until after second has chosen and so on.

That way, if the First place flag has a specific Large island they want, they can pick it. If they've got a specific other size of island they want, they can let the Second place flag choose and then make their choice, thereby opening the possibility that Second would choose their first-choice island and allowing them to open their second-choice island instead. Same thing with Second and Third, though in the unlikely event that both First and Second pass, First would get the option to choose or pass again before Second had to choose.

On the other hand, I can also see justification for leaving it the way the rules have it, as this method effectively increases the value of taking First if you're not interested in the Large islands available.
-Malach, mostly on Cobalt

Ex-Captain of Omega
Owner of Circe's Brew, Labyrinth Moors
[Aug 21, 2006 8:19:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Malach1    250095 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

I'd like to see the rules amended so that the first place winner can choose any large island, even if it's not connected to an already open one.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Aug 21, 2006 8:23:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Malach, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but that's just going to make things really confusing, which I'm trying to avoid. Nice and simple, first place gets first pick, etc.

The island opening schedule is approximate and assumes the largest possible islands will be chosen, if that doesn't hold we'll just fill in as seems best appropriate.
[Aug 21, 2006 12:36:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Nemo, I'm hoping you read this, but anywho, have you gotten the list of Midnight Islands that we will be able to choose from? Just curious.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Aug 21, 2006 4:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CurlyKidd

While we're on the topic of clarifications, I was wondering about this:

Can the winner pick a "no more island openings" option?

[Aug 21, 2006 5:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tr1265 [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

Will you be able to choose an island that is adjent to island that was already picked? For example, on Hunter, the first choice is Saiph and then one of the next ones is Ix Chel?
[Aug 22, 2006 8:26:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
Maquereau

Only current layout Reply to this Post

In the OP, Artemis wrote: 
- Only uncolonized islands directly adjacent to a currently colonized island are up for grabs, the set of available islands is the same for everyone, it does not expand after a choice has been made.

Nope, Jack. Selection is based on the current layout of colonised islands.
[Aug 22, 2006 8:33:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Here's a list of the island options, let me know if I've missed any.

Hunter Ocean:
Aimuari (L)
Anegada (O)
Gallows (O)
Iocane (O)
Matariki (O)
Saiph (O)
Toba (L)

Sage Ocean:
Arakoua (L)
Aten (L)
Auk (O)
Bryher (O)
Cook (L)
Fluke (O)
Fowler (O)
Gauntlet (O)
Hinga (L)
Hook Shelf (M)
Kakraphoon (O)
Kashgar (O)
Morannon (O)
Rowes (L)
Scrimshaw (L)
Scurvy Reef (O)
Squibnocket (L)
Starfish (O)
Terjit (O)
Tichka (L)
Wissachikon (M)

Viridian Ocean:
Adder (O)
Cabo de Hornos (L)
Cormorant (M)
Diastrophe (O)
Erh (O)
Garden Cradle (M)
Hunter's Point (M)
Last Stand Hill (O)
Lonelywood (O)
Sapling (O)
Spectre (O)
Swampfen (M)
Windward Vale (M)
Xian (O)
Yax Mutal (O)

Cobalt Ocean:
Adder (O)
Cabo de Hornos (L)
Cormorant (M)
Crimson (O)
Erh (O)
Garden Cradle (M)
Hunter's Point (M)
Kuhio (M)
Last Stand Hill (O)
Lonelywood (O)
Moab (O)
Polaris Point (O)
Sapling (O)
Surtsey (O)
Swampfen (M)
Whistler (O)
Xian (O)
Yax Mutal (O)

Midnight Ocean:
Midsummer (M)
O'Reilly (O)
Oseberg (O)
Norse (O)
Monsoon (M)
Iris (O)
Uxmal (L)

Here is a list of midnight islands which we don't currently plan on ever opening:
Verdant
Rhinocerous
Olivia
Tadpole
Nuptial
Macaw
Lynx
Dugong
The Horseshoe Crabs
Boyle
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Artemis at Sep 5, 2006 7:57:38 AM]
[Aug 22, 2006 11:55:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 234   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates