• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1736 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
uzi

Transportation Troubles Reply to this Post

This is a good day to rant. I have not posted in a while so will make up for it today. I think my hands have healed from over typage. Keyboard mania.
Manic Keypresive...that is me.
Ok.........I think therefore, I am really concerned about the Ferry System, and lack of it. Oh, and throw in the money movement too. Players need to get from Archipelago to Archipelago (gosh I feel like singing that famous operatic song now......sing Archipelago Archipelago to the tune of Figero...it really is fun!)
Yesterday for about 12 hours one player constantly asked me to taxi him and his POE from Gaea to Turtle. I asked him to buy the rum for the voyage and that was a no go.
This part of the game still needs work in my opinion.
With so many new players this is getting to become an issue. I feel like the mom with the mini van and have all these kids that want to go someplace right now! However, each kid has to be someplace where the others do not need to be.
If the players want to pay for the rum, I will consider being taxi service. The bad thing is, since most are new a short trip can take a long time when you get all the interceptions. The "Three Hour Tour" can turn into a martathon event of one losing battle after the next.
I hope some temporary fix can be done at least until the influx of all the new players at once sort of settles down.
I do not have a solution idea right now, but I am sure several of the "thinkers" in the game might have some suggestions.

Thanks for any consideration you can give this.
----------------------------------------
Still hanging 10 through life and looking for the endless summmer.
[Jul 21, 2003 12:26:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: Transportation Troubles Reply to this Post

One thing to tell everyone is that they can take the Intolerant Anchovy from Guava to Cnossos. From there, it's up to them, though putting a bank on Cnossos (there isn't one, is there?) would solve a lot of trouble for the less intrepid folk, for whom a service charge for transfer seems preferable to risking it on a trip.

Of course, making the Anchovy a money ship will make it a bit of a target, but I guess that's the way it goes.
[Jul 21, 2003 12:38:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

I will trade out stranded poe fer hard Alpha or Turtle currency fer a mere 25% charge. Gotta cover the risk and rum of roundin' it all up later, ye know.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 21, 2003 1:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Harr. I'll do it for 10%, as advertised earlier.
[Jul 21, 2003 1:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

transfer service Reply to this Post

And I'll do it for free - ye can't GET a better deal than that! *smile*

Rifkind
Manager of Apparel Barrel on Alpha
Manager of Salt It Away on Guava
Manager of Colorful Concotions on Guava
Captain of ARR, the richest and best-dressed crew on the seas!
[Jul 21, 2003 1:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LonesomeCrow

I'll pay ye to let me run around and pick up all yer poe ;-) harr harr harr.

(I'll only let ye charge me up to %25 percent though - HA! beat that!)
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

[Jul 21, 2003 2:07:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

what a deal! Reply to this Post

LonesomeCrow wrote: 
I'll pay ye to let me run around and pick up all yer poe ;-) harr harr harr.

Hee hee. Okay, I was wrong, ye CAN get a better deal than mine, IF some other player is COMPLETELY INSANE! *grin*
[Jul 21, 2003 2:40:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Actually, our brigs be makin' rounds to almost all the islands Emerald each night. Ye can earn some poe while ye pick up ye poe if ye join us fer a run.
Pennsuedo

[Jul 21, 2003 3:19:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

pillagin', POE transfer, and notice boards Reply to this Post

Penndalla wrote: 
Actually, our brigs be makin' rounds to almost all the islands Emerald each night. Ye can earn some poe while ye pick up ye poe if ye join us fer a run.

Aye, but remember that ye are also riskin' yer POE, if the battle should go the other way.

With so many new people, and so many established crews now doing most pillaging in Emerald, I think we need to argue once again for jobs being posted on all notice boards, perhaps with an indicator on them of which archipelago the ship in question is currently in, so that jobbers can come from all over.
[Jul 21, 2003 3:26:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

We had brigs full of newbies save 4 or 5 more experienced crewmates. We lost a good deal more than we won, yet still all the newbies walked away ahead in poe. I be very glad Cleaver helps us with Poe and Cannonballs, or it would have been hard on me own pockets. As it is, we could earn more jest takin' our own mates out and payin' fer our rum and cballs. Not to mention it stresses many of me officers out. (Me wife included! Har.)

Arr, but I be off subject. The point is, I think the mates pickin' they poe up be pretty well guaranteed to leave with more than they pick up from the islands. I'm not sayin' a lot more on the time we have 4 to 1 newbies to crew, but some at least. Now, we the ration is more like 2 to 1, the results are much much better.

I would like to extend an invite fer experienced mates of other crews to sail with us. The money is good and the time is fun. We'll even let ye do a bit of recruitin' if ye likes.

EDIT: Oops, meant he helps with Rum and Cannonballs. Har! No poe.
Pennsuedo

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Penndalla at Jul 21, 2003 3:34:36 AM]
[Jul 21, 2003 3:34:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Penndalla wrote: 
We had brigs full of newbies save 4 or 5 more experienced crewmates. We lost a good deal more than we won, yet still all the newbies walked away ahead in poe. I be very glad Cleaver helps us with Poe and Cannonballs, or it would have been hard on me own pockets. As it is, we could earn more jest takin' our own mates out and payin' fer our rum and cballs. Not to mention it stresses many of me officers out. (Me wife included! Har.)

Thanks for doing this Penn. Tis much appreciated!
[Jul 21, 2003 4:40:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Jethro

One "easy" solution for this would be to allow Navy ships show up in the docks. That way you could take a Navy job to the island your money is at, hop off, hop back on, and then continue on until you reach your home island.

In addition, make it more likely for Navy ships to get attacked.
Jethro - Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
Jethykins - Cook of the Salty Mouthfuls and certainly not Jethro in drag. Oh no. Not at all. Nope.
[Jul 23, 2003 6:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JGulner [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Jethro wrote: 
One "easy" solution for this would be to allow Navy ships show up in the docks. That way you could take a Navy job to the island your money is at, hop off, hop back on, and then continue on until you reach your home island.

In addition, make it more likely for Navy ships to get attacked.

This was actually specifically removed. The purpose of not having your money whisked with you is so that players have a bit of risk on the seas. Taking your money on board a naval brig is not risk. No one attacks the navy, and they certainly won't risk a navy brig for their share of your PoE.

-Nemo
[Jul 24, 2003 1:26:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jethro

I understand the want for not whisking money, that is a cool idea. But as it stands it is almost impossible to carry money around. I don't know that making people risk there money if they can is worth denying people access to their money at all.

I also agree with you that bringing money on the Navy, as the navy is right now, is not a risk at all. But I personally think the Navy should be tweaked to make it a little more risky anyway. The current Navy risk makes training ships pretty much completely useless and it also doesn't give anyone a way to train on cannon. If Navy attacked brigands, and vice versa, then I think that would do a few good things.
Jethro - Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
Jethykins - Cook of the Salty Mouthfuls and certainly not Jethro in drag. Oh no. Not at all. Nope.
[Jul 24, 2003 2:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JGulner [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

One reason to leave training on cannon as it is would be to encourage people to join crews.
[Jul 24, 2003 2:44:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Doomy

navy should be atacked! Reply to this Post

nemo, i think its percicely the point that navy isent being atacked but SHOULD, it would make for some profitable PvP (something the game is lacking) andi feel it would be quite fun, if the navy ships had reserves of poe like the brigands did then a whole world of intersting combat would be opend up; also continueing with the navy thread, i belive that the option to take over a navy ship and "privateer" with it for sanctiond high ranking members of the flag that owns the palace that owns said navy.... also, just to make this a great big long rambleing poast, I feel that it is silly that navy ships dont atack brigands and player pirates (of non allyed flags/crews) i mean they are the navy, patrolling the watters, shouldent they be defending them too..... oh and one last thing, it was said people did navy for safe training, with free money, becuse NO ONE atacks navy this makes the newby training vessels kinda pointless. just a big long list complaints that i realy shuld have posted elswhere, but ya gota start somewhere right?
Doomy : the pink one
[Jul 26, 2003 12:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I don't think navy is pointless. You can be attacked, unlike on the player ship.

Once the two kinds of pirates are introduced, navy will attack them, so that's not really an issue. Blockades are also coming, which will mean players will have to defend their islands.
[Jul 26, 2003 1:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates