• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 46
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4796 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
StuManchu

Sabotage

Normally a situation like this would shock and delight me, however, I have a conscience unlike my piratical persona.

Someone has taken it into their idiot head to create greenie alts, insinuate them into crews with which my flag is at war, have them promoted to Fleet Officer, and then volunteer information to my flagmates and me regarding the location of his crew's boats. If this person is ABOARD said boats he or she will take the helm and fail battle navigation as much as possible to ASSIST us in sinking the target.

To any flag out there who may suffer from this moron's incursions: he is NOT a member of my flag. Black Sheep Brigade may deal in some shady practices and pursuits, but we go to war for two reasons: one because we enjoy PVP solely for the challenge, and two, to teach noobs a lesson. Alt abuse might be a problem plaguing the ocean with no easy solution, but this particular KIND of alt abuse is just debased and vile. I've placed a moratorium on sinking boats until we can resolve this issue.

To the flags French Forever and Raiders of Oblivion, I'm sorry we got y'alls boats before we recognized the problem existed.

I've unwittingly assisted you twice, xmysteryxx and Stu (how DARE you shame my name), and if you think this practice ingratiates you with me or my flag, you're mistaken. You are unconscionably stupid, and I hope the OMs I've called in on your ass act mercilessly as I would.
----------------------------------------
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 25, 2006 3:17:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Re: Sabotage

Somehow i doubt a player of that esteem would check the forums to begin with.

That shit is even worse than blockade token spying.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 25, 2006 3:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

This should serve more as an expunction of any suspicion of BSB wrongdoing, because I know people LOVE to point the finger at us!

Oh this cat was token spying too. Silk has logs.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 25, 2006 3:27:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

This should serve more as an expunction of any suspicion of BSB wrongdoing, because I know people LOVE to point the finger at us!

Oh this cat was token spying too. Silk has logs.

Remember that, quite often when people point the finger at you, it actually was you. Although in this case it evidently wasn't.
[Jul 25, 2006 3:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Evidently? There's no evidence here. All we have is Stuybear's Duke University-educated brain's bigger better 'my little brother did it' excuse!

<3s her stuybear
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 25, 2006 3:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Looseweed

**makes another greenie account**
[Jul 25, 2006 3:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Evidently? There's no evidence here. All we have is Stuybear's Duke University-educated brain's bigger better 'my little brother did it' excuse!

<3s her stuybear

...and that fact that it is so totally un-BSB ish to cheat (at PvP anyway).

<3s BSB
[Jul 25, 2006 3:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lochmeup

Oooh, so you want me to stop that, Stuy? My bad. Kidding. This IS/WAS a stupid idea, whoever xwhatevertheblehxxx is.
Mercenary
[Jul 25, 2006 5:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

He went to Duke? I knew there was something evil about him.

Go Terps
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Jul 25, 2006 5:48:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Small African Nation wrote: 

He went to Duke? I knew there were many things evil about him.

Fixed.

Spear the Turtle.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jul 25, 2006 6:16:37 PM]
[Jul 25, 2006 6:10:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dchow

Small African Nation wrote: 

He went to Duke? I knew there were many things evil about him.

Fixed.

Spear the Turtle.

wil u b mi bf?!
Things in my past I can never change.
[Jul 25, 2006 6:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

noes bcuz u c I m alrerady spiringhel's bf. :(:(:(:(
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 25, 2006 6:39:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

oh! oh! oh! you stole my springaling! i haet u! i bloxaid ur ieland!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 26, 2006 12:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

So, a flag is at war with you. They have a crew foolish enough to take someone who has no obvious skills, and add them to their crew list In the Middle of a War.

Then they promote this obviously newly created pirate to a rank that enables him/her to sink ships. The pirate has no obvious battle nav experience (because they are a new alt). Heck, even if they were brand new to the game, noone in their right mind would promote new people to officer in the middle of a war!

It's not your fault the flag you're at war with is so foolish. And for the flag to blame YOU for the foolishness of their crewmate is folly on their part.

You didn't hire this alt. You didn't promote this alt to a rank that enabled them to sink ships. You didn't NOT expell them after it happened. And, I believe I read in your post, You didn't allow this person to do it in two Different Crews in this flag!

(edit: on re-reading your first post, i see it wasn't 2 crews in the same flag, it's 2 different flags you're at war with).
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Edit 1 times, last edit by KoshMom at Jul 26, 2006 8:50:08 AM]
[Jul 26, 2006 8:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bremenbard

Was it you, Avasta? Come on... You can say ;)
Redrumjack
Fleet Officer - Ransack Marauders
In Vino Veritas - There is truth in Wine
[Jul 26, 2006 9:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Nobody's denying that this is incredibly stupid on the part of the crew/flag at war with us. It's just that even we have a tinge of honour and fairplay and don't want to get /complained on and screamed at by the OMs for the actions of someone who is wholly unrelated to any of us.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jul 26, 2006 9:56:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

Nobody's denying that this is incredibly stupid on the part of the crew/flag at war with us. It's just that even we have a tinge of honour and fairplay and don't want to get /complained on and screamed at by the OMs for the actions of someone who is wholly unrelated to any of us.

Agreed entirely. This person is obviously a poor sport. My guess is that it's someone with a beef against the other flag, or someone who likes your flag. They want a chance to get an injury, or they just want to cause trouble because "it's fun to cause trouble" and sees the war and thinks that war is an opportunity/excuse to be obnoxious.

Why are the OM's screaming at you? If you have no idea that the ship you are battling is on a suicide mission (according to their battle navver) why are the OM's mad at you?
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Jul 26, 2006 10:08:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Or they just want to make love to Stuybear like the rest of us....

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 26, 2006 10:10:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Avasta wrote: 
Why are the OM's screaming at you? If you have no idea that the ship you are battling is on a suicide mission (according to their battle navver) why are the OM's mad at you?
Conjecture- there's a chance that this person is very loudly doing abusive things in the name of or with the blessing of BSB, Stuy, Teeg (why anyone would do anything with Teeg's blessing...jeez), et aliter. This, of course, would get the sheepies in deep dung.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jul 26, 2006 11:33:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I don't think the OMs are screaming at Stuy and the BSB. I believe it was Stuy and the BSB who discovered this problem, and took it to the OMs, in hopes the OMs would scream at the idiot doing it. God knows pvping most of the flags BSB has war decc'd is already like shooting fish in a barrel. What this twitty did is like taking a spear and pinning the fish to the side of the barrel before you shoot them.

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 26, 2006 11:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Sweet Pie wrote: 
I don't think the OMs are screaming at Stuy and the BSB. I believe it was Stuy and the BSB who discovered this problem, and took it to the OMs, in hopes the OMs would scream at the idiot doing it. God knows pvping most of the flags BSB has war decc'd is already like shooting fish in a barrel. What this twitty did is like taking a spear and pinning the fish to the side of the barrel before you shoot them.

We took it to the OM's when we had some dude sending Suty and me tells about how we need to engage their bote and he'll sit still while we shoot. I think he sent tells to Laotze, too. Talk about spoiling the fun. I got mad because the dude was 1) using Stuy-pants's name, 2) sending me annoying tells like "come forward and shoot!" while I was tryin'a gun, damnit, and 3) ruining an honest piratey battle.

Yeah, we'll stalk people we're at full war with to shoot 'em up. But as I explained in my petition to the OM on duty, that crosses even the blurry lines the Black Sheep have. We debated a petition or a post here, and figured there'd be a lot of tarting so I ~thought~ we'd decided against calling this idiot out in the public forum, but Stuy can't help but hit the Post butan.

Hermes's response to my petition indicated that the person had already been dealt with. And no, BSB was not fussed at by anyone.

I think I'm rambling....

Edit: Ok, now I'm mad. I just saw that Stuy's thread about how Caper's should anticipate some Boomy off the coast of Winter has been Locked!! Locked, I say! Silly over-quoters! Grrrr.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chemicalgirl at Jul 26, 2006 6:12:50 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 6:00:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Aye. I was assured the issue had been taken care of, and urged to continue (which I will, assiduously) to report problems of this nature.

Hell you know me. I can't resist going forum-diving.

/me giggles at pie's meat-aphor.

EDIT: Hey I said what I needed to say in the Winter thread. Where it went after that was unimportant.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jul 26, 2006 6:22:40 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 6:20:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Suty wrote: 
/me giggles at pie's meat-aphor.

That was a swimile, not a meataphor. Idiot.

<3 <3 <3 <3

(Though I really appreciate the irony of Piepi using a meat-aphor, she didn't actually do so. And you call yourself college edumacated? Sheesh! *GRIN*)
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Jul 26, 2006 6:31:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

A metaphor being one thing conceived as another, a simile being a particular TYPE of metaphor. Don't get semantic with me, assface. Do you not have better things to do with your time than to criticize my forum usage?
Was once Stuyvesant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jul 26, 2006 6:38:30 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 6:36:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Stuykins wrote: 
Do you not have better things to do with your time than to criticize my forum usage?
Nope.
Blackfletch

[Jul 27, 2006 1:03:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Then I'd hate to deprive you of your entertainment!

Handy links to other Suty posts:

A Fun Game Design Post!

A Thread We Derailed Really Well!

Enjoy, poopypants!
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 27, 2006 4:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

But, but, you're your usual intelligent self in those two threads. How am I supposed to insult you over there?!?

/me cries!
Blackfletch

[Jul 27, 2006 5:03:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Fletch wrote: 
But, but, you're your usual intelligent self in those two threads. How am I supposed to insult you over there?!?

/me cries!

You can't. Just throw rocks at him, it works really well. Also, grate on his nerves by saying you're instead of your and vice versa. When he asks how your bnav is going, tell him it's "good" as opposed to "well". Wait, no, that will drive me batty.

Just throw rocks. And send idiots directions to Suty for dock-pressing.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 27, 2006 5:36:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

When he asks how your bnav is going, tell him it's "good" as opposed to "well". Wait, no, that will drive me batty.

ugh, it still beats people who tell you it's going "goodly"... considering that makes little sense in context...
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 27, 2006 5:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly pilly
[Jul 27, 2006 6:34:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates