• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 106
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30869 times and has 105 replies Next Thread
PogoBeta

Pogo can kind of draw. [Commissions Closed Temporarily] Reply to this Post

EDIT: Commissions closing at midnight EST (Sept 1 and on)

Okay, I've decided that having made three drawings into avatars entitles me to post a thread about it.

I'll be making my work available for players who are able to pay me on Midnight. I doubt my stuff will be worth this much until I get more practice, but I'll be starting at 25000poe. I figure it may not be worth that much, but it will keep orders down somewhat while I get some things in order. Prices may change due to either surplus or complete lack of orders.

As of this edit, this hasn't come up yet, but I imagine it might within the next few weeks. Each additional person in the same image will add 10k to the price (Picture of a group of three would cost 45k). I imagine this would be more likely to happen if a person was more concerned with the "full sized" image than with the the avatar (Treating it something like a portrait). One of the biggest reasons for this price hike is the fact that my backwards and inefficient technique makes linework take a rather long time.

requests can be made within the thread or in a PM. I'm a pretty paranoid guy most of the time, so I prefer pay in advance, but if that's a huge problem for you, we can probably work something out.

EDIT: Here is the information I'll ask you for:
  • How many people?

For each person:
    • Is your pirate male or female?
    • Hair style/color
    • Skin color
    • Preferred Outfit/Colors (Portraits and screenshots are fine, as long as they display the outfit you want. I can always go in game and research clothing items at a Tailor's. The only problem with portraits is that some of them don't show your feet. If you just tell me "Red/white tricorne", that tells me "Red tricorne with white trim". Please specify what you can.)
    • "Magic Glowy Symbols": Do you want symbols? What should they spell out (5 syllables or less, please)? Should they glow? Color?
    • Are there any props you would like included (sword, bludgeon, skull, etc)?
    • Would you prefer I include a favorite puzzle or carousing game?
  • Is there any text to add to the image? (Pirate names and such)

Here are some samples of what I've done in the Y!PP avatar world thus far (note: I apologize if the images are too large, I normally run at a pretty high resolution):

150x150:

"full" sized:

Note: Please make sure that if you try to find me on Midnight by means of a /who, you search for Pogo, not PogoBeta (my adventures with this alt are few and far between). Also, if you contact me about a request, make sure I get both your forum name and your most frequently used Midnight name.
    ----------------------------------------
    Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
    for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
    [Edit 13 times, last edit by PogoBeta at Sep 17, 2006 11:00:21 PM]
  • [Jul 16, 2006 9:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    TheUnderlord

Re: Pogo can kind of draw. Reply to this Post

Mystical magical symbols with cool glowing effects ftw.

If I could afford it, I'd totally buy one.
    for (int i = 1; i > 0; i++) {
    postcount++;
    }
    Avatar by the überawesome Kingpriam
    [Jul 16, 2006 9:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

Mystical magical symbols with cool glowing effects ftw.

you bring up a good point. the mystical magical symbols are characters in an alphabet I made up for my own purposes. People can request a short (preferrably no more than 5 syllable) word or phrase to be added somewhere in the image.

If people are skeptical as to the actual message the characters spell out, I can post a table showing what each translates to.

Example:

Pogo's: "Get Sunk"
    SJ's: "Save the Queen"
    Suty's: "Suty"
    Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 16, 2006 9:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    doormat2005

I wish I could afford something that great.
    Remalle
    Viridian

Eurydice tells you, "syntax error...arrrrgjioapdugfo...*BOOM*"
    Eurydice tells you, "*puff of smoke*"

Eurydice tells you, "greenie bakup progrm instaled: wat u say"
    [Jul 16, 2006 9:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    StuManchu

Uh, mine is face-rocking. Significantly so. Now where's Kingpriam so I can kick him and make him finish my OTHER one?
    Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
    [Jul 16, 2006 10:05:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    randy_chimp

i need a picture making for a website logo of mine, just a monkeys head with dachimpy on it, but i am on viridian so any deals that we can work out?
    Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
    Blockade Simulator
    [Jul 17, 2006 2:12:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    micklauer

LOVE IT! great work mate...I'll need to sit down with you and shaoli and discuss those smooth wonderful lines...

KP
    Devout follower of Apollo
    d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
    [Jul 17, 2006 10:24:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    bisquick

So, Pogo, my boyfriend and I are arguing over what's actually being depicted in these wonderful avatars.

For yours, I believe that you're holding a charged ball from rumbling along with a bludgeon of some sort. He strongly believes it's a sword.

For Shorty Jack's, he thinks it's a charged rumble ball in the same hand as her sword, and I disagree.

We're wondering if you'd be kind enough to clarify.
    Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
    Captain of Ransack Marauders
    [Jul 18, 2006 12:06:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

So, Pogo, my boyfriend and I are arguing over what's actually being depicted in these wonderful avatars.

For yours, I believe that you're holding a charged ball from rumbling along with a bludgeon of some sort. He strongly believes it's a sword.

For Shorty Jack's, he thinks it's a charged rumble ball in the same hand as her sword, and I disagree.

We're wondering if you'd be kind enough to clarify.

Mine is an orange charged rumble ball paired with a red/red sword (it was originally meant to be a falchion, but I didn't use the correct falchion shape, knowing that the avatar sized picture would be cropped) I can see where it might be mistaken for, say, a belaying pin (albeit a long one)

SJ's is a stiletto, with no rumble ball. It's easier to tell without all that glowing.

Also, it's not something that really jumps out unless you look for it, but the rumble ball in my avatar has a little swirl, whereas the added symbols don't bear a striking resemblance to any specific rumble symbol (at least as far as i can see)

You guys are 1 and 1. Tiebreaker: find something to dispute in Stuy's avatar!
    Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 12:34:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Synful

Re: Pogo can kind of draw.

Not! Pogo can really draw! And sketch, and animate. I absolutely love your work! Now, only if I still played Midnight, I would commission. I may have a bit of PoE there still, I'd have to check. I'll be back.
    The name is Synful.
    ------------------------
    [Jul 18, 2006 7:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shorty_Jack

LOVE IT! great work mate...I'll need to sit down with you and shaoli and discuss those smooth wonderful lines...

KP

It's not that hard to figure out KP really. I know it :P Have photoshop? Click the lasso tool and change it to Polygonial tool (or something along that name) and start making lines on a new layer. Take the paintbrush in black and go over it. After outlining you can either delete your sketch or just un see it. At least this is what Pogo does, and I'm starting to do it too.
    Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
    [Jul 18, 2006 12:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

It's not that hard to figure out KP really. I know it :P Have photoshop? Click the lasso tool and change it to Polygonial tool (or something along that name) and start making lines on a new layer. Take the paintbrush in black and go over it. After outlining you can either delete your sketch or just un see it. At least this is what Pogo does, and I'm starting to do it too.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 12:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shorty_Jack

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You heart me.

<3
    [Jul 18, 2006 12:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

I can't believe it, SJ. People are looking at this thread, and you're telling KP about my Polygon Lasso?

Mister Potato Head! Mister Potato Head! Polygon Lasso is not a secret!

Yeah, but SJ, you're giving away all our best tricks!

They're not tricks.

Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 12:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    silverlad

all i can say is LOL
    Signed,
    Silverlas,

Dian of Midnight
    [Jul 18, 2006 12:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Shorty_Jack

I can't believe it, SJ. People are looking at this thread, and you're telling KP about my Polygon Lasso?

Mister Potato Head! Mister Potato Head! Polygon Lasso is not a secret!

Yeah, but SJ, you're giving away all our best tricks!

They're not tricks.

War Games FTW.
    [Jul 18, 2006 12:40:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
    StuManchu

wat doz zotoXII mean?!2
    Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 18, 2006 1:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

it means Zoto the twelfth. He was an aztec ruler known for his cleaver, which supposedly contained the impure souls of all those it decapitated
    Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 1:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    fbb80

Wow, can you please replace my current history teacher?

/e begs
    [Jul 18, 2006 3:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    pirateboy321

Bah! Mrjustinc from midnight...I am great at animating..*point to his av..* Mwhahaha..send me a PA from any thing in-need of animatoin.. XD *wonders if he spelt that right..o.o*
    Only the royalest, Sir Royal Justin the 1st
    [Jul 18, 2006 11:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    bisquick

pirateboy321 wrote: 
    I am great at animating..*point to his av..*

*points to the link in ShortJack's signature, aka the recently finished animation contest and smiles*

oh, and *runs off to play around in Photoshop*
    Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
    Captain of Ransack Marauders
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by bisquick at Jul 19, 2006 8:58:02 AM]
    [Jul 19, 2006 8:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
    elliotbay

You guys are 1 and 1. Tiebreaker: find something to dispute in Stuy's avatar!

Well, Pogo, I think he's throwing a cleaver, whereas Bis thinks that, uh, a cleaver is being thrown from his hand...

Okay, so, realistically, we really can't find anything to disagree on there, though I would dispute the fact that we are 1 and 1. Disagreeing with my interpretation doesn't count as a point unless she had a correct opinion herself. For all anybody knows, she could've thought SJ was holding a fish.

/e claims victory!
    It's not just good, it's Jimbolicious,
    Proud Senior Officer of the Ransack Marauders
    Happy customer of Chihiro's Avatar Design
    [Jul 19, 2006 11:17:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BlackHat
    Artist

And what's wrong with the polygon lasso?... er... I mean that's totally not what I use on everything... er... -flee-

Side note, snazzy work there, Pogo. I also thought your animation was well timed. You've got a good sense of such things it seems.
    --- Mind the hat.
    [Jul 19, 2006 1:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.MacHall.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
    basnijenhuis

why is the word artist displayed next to ye're nifty avatar Blackhat, what did I miss? I am a bit of a 'painter' myself, but can anyone enlighten on the polygon lasso?
    Retired
    ---------
    [Jul 19, 2006 2:17:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lorkiria

why is the word artist displayed next to ye're nifty avatar Blackhat, what did I miss? I am a bit of a 'painter' myself, but can anyone enlighten on the polygon lasso?

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackhat
    "There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
    [Jul 19, 2006 2:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

Blackhat wrote: 
    And what's wrong with the polygon lasso?... er... I mean that's totally not what I use on everything... er... -flee-

Side note, snazzy work there, Pogo. I also thought your animation was well timed. You've got a good sense of such things it seems.

Thanks, it means a lot, especially from you. I had to suppress the urge to make my entire reply "UR IN MY EGO! UR KILLING MY MODESTY"

why is the word artist displayed next to ye're nifty avatar Blackhat, what did I miss?

He is staff.

I am a bit of a 'painter' myself, but can anyone enlighten on the polygon lasso?

Polygon lasso is a tool you can use to define a "dotted-line" shape, and that leaves you open to affect the contents of that "dotted-line" shape how you see fit.

I use it do define my lines. If I'm lucky, I end up with a nice brush-stroke look. If I'm not so lucky, I still end up with clean lines that usually get thicker in the foreground.
    Pogo on Midnight

[Edit 1 times, last edit by PogoBeta at Jul 19, 2006 2:47:27 PM]
    [Jul 19, 2006 2:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    StuManchu

I usei t 2 rassle polygonz tehy're alwys getting out of there pens ROFLAMO. I cud b a polgon rodeo cowbooy!!
    Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 20, 2006 12:58:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    PogoBeta

I sent you a PM, Elvyn, and I can still make changes if you need them, but I figured I'd finish up what I'd started and see what you think. Here's the avatar-sized:

EDIT: I apologize if the avatar doesn't show up. It seems every image host in the world has no problem with the fullsize, but can't do the avatar at all... I'll keep working on it if people can't see it.
    Pogo on Midnight

[Edit 2 times, last edit by PogoBeta at Jul 20, 2006 5:51:19 PM]
    [Jul 20, 2006 5:47:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Peter_Blood

I can see it, it's a clown with a big red nose, right? ;-)
    Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
    MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
    [Jul 20, 2006 5:54:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    rfleming71

I love it. Thanks again. Well worth the poe he is asking.

Elvyn
    [Jul 20, 2006 6:21:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates