• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 927 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
joeyconnelly

Good job Dev Team! Reply to this Post

Hi!

I just wanted to drop a note and say that I've really been enjoying Puzzle Pirates over the last few days. I'm really impressed with the uniqueness of this title, and I'd like to commend the Dev Team for attempting to do something different in the stale MMOG market.

We'll be keeping an eye on Pirates' development and we wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely,
Joey Connelly
Owner/Editor-in-Chief
www.TheJadedGamer.net
[Jul 22, 2003 5:01:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

Re: Good job Dev Team! Reply to this Post

agreed. if the price is right, this may be the first ever online game i bother actually subscribing to without trying to get friends to pay for me :)
[Jul 22, 2003 7:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Thanks! Reply to this Post

Thanks Joey (the header on your site got a good laugh out of everyone in the office), and thanks shockedfrog. We're really glad yer all enjoying the game... for a long time, as we laboured in obscurity, we weren't really sure if it'd work, whether anyone would 'get it'... well, things are looking hopeful!
[Jul 22, 2003 6:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
garf

arr.. this might be a good place to state how (pleasantly) surprised i am how well everything seems to be going.

when i first logged into the game, my first impression was "lookin neat, i probably could like this, but how could they ever attract customers when the average gamer is all about graphics and technology?"

now, after about a month of puzzle pirates, im hooked and glad to see that the game is perceived so well so far. whereever ive read news or (p)reviews, the testers praise puzzle pirates originality and the courage to try a totally new concept thats unlike every other mmog seen before. and i have te say me agrees!
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 22, 2003 10:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
joeyconnelly

Thanks Joey (the header on your site got a good laugh out of everyone in the office),

Hehe. I'm glad ya'll like it. Arrr....

when i first logged into the game, my first impression was "lookin neat, i probably could like this, but how could they ever attract customers when the average gamer is all about graphics and technology?"

It's true that most gamers are too hung up on eye candy, but as titles like Ultima Online (which was a GREAT game before EA bought it out) have proven, there's still a BIG market out there for games that use traditional 2D graphics and which feature game play that's a little deeper than camping a spot for hours on end.

I'm glad that Three Rings decided to take advantage of that often neglected market when initially designing their game.
[Jul 22, 2003 11:58:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

Aye, to all of the above... I be hooked as well, and will sacrifice a nail job every month ta pay fer this fine game. Beats the HECK outta paying for Big Money, or Diamond Mine, or whatnot... and then getting bored with playing it after a cple of weeks. (I have NEVER spent money on those games.... just wanted to before reality hit me lol) This game is so absolutely incredible that me teenage son be upset cause he be away and can't play! Keep it goin guys!!
----------------------------------------
~Faile
Once Captain of the Mighty PPA
Once Captain of the Falcon's Fury
Now Unretired and ready to KILL!!

Just point me to what you want dead, an' I'll kill it. Or die trying!
[Jul 23, 2003 3:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates