• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1777 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
saynata

Where have all the Victors gone? Reply to this Post

As I have told my oft-times crewmate Soma once before, I have, or rather, had a sick obsession with Clever Victor. He was the epitome of all I wanted in a whirligig, pixelated man. He could pump m'bilges, fix m'holes or get m'sails cracking in nearly a league! I would always shuffle through the temp agencies looking for my young nomad swabbie, and would quietly accept one of his lessers, Smiling Rick, Critical Al, or maybe even Wild Paul, if I were desperate enough. In fact, I had myself a wee mental list as t'who could and couldn't perform in battle, and those on the blacklist would be quickly replaced, for fear of them tripping upon their own sword while doing battle.

However, much to my chagrin, It seems as though there's been a few new swabbies added to the mix, and those who were once good have been neutered back down to normal, at least in terms of Sea Battle. This is unfortunate for me because I, slowly starting to fizzle and sputter from all of the smiling and handholding caused by taking care of the odd newbie that I job (make that 4 or 5 odd newbies), have no way to go out and have some pleasant time to myself (which I usually would spend in a good, comfy, solo pillage with Victor and Co.), and t'get to my point:*
Putting a governor on my powerful swabbies has seemed to have caused a bit of a downfall in my solo pillaging. I don't have nearly as much luck against the crews that I could always defeat (which I always keep an eye on) because I end up carrying my whole team, who are usually knocked out pretty quickly.
Is anyone else having this problem?

For Fronsac: *Finally!

A Disgruntled Soloist.
----------------------------------------
[size=9] Saynata, Captain and Supreme So-and-So of The Sirens; Former Mistress of the ol' Sew 'n' Sew.
[Jul 21, 2003 9:55:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jfjnpxmy

Re: Where have all the Victors gone? Reply to this Post

saynata wrote: 
fix m'holes

Hee hee hee.
[Jul 21, 2003 10:03:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jfjnpxmy [Link]  Go to top 
saynata

It was better than 'fill m'holes', but I did see that coming. :P

Victor really did mean that much to me. :D
[size=9] Saynata, Captain and Supreme So-and-So of The Sirens; Former Mistress of the ol' Sew 'n' Sew.
[Jul 21, 2003 10:11:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yphoenix

... Reply to this Post

hehe!
Hell shall rain
-yphoenix
one ring for the pessimists, doomed to die
one ring to rule them all
moohahahaha!
*waves his fake plastic ring from a cereal box around*
[Jul 21, 2003 10:27:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saynata

One joke is fine, but can we please keep this topic from being a place where people can post pad? I'd like some constructive talk.

Thank you.
[Jul 21, 2003 10:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skipper

Speaking of NPPs that we haven't seen recently, whatever happened to Old Sunshine?
[Jul 21, 2003 10:47:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Again, with the subtler humor! Reply to this Post

I couldn't tell ye what happened ter yer mate, but I can say I'd be happy ta take his place. I'm quite good% at all the tasks a woman* might require.

%- [size=9]I see ye checkin' me out!
*- [size=9]Pirate. Shoppekeeper?

I do not pillage solo much anymore, for that very reason, though. Small, elite crews fare very well indeed, I have found. If only there were a way to lock a ship# out to any not specifically invited... Still, me offer stands, humor or not.

#- [size=9]This has come up twice now in four days.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 21, 2003 11:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

I know that the devs say that all the swabbies are equal - some ARE more equal than others though; I always fire Sweet Chris as soon as he appears on me boat because he always falls on his sword!

I'm pretty sure I saw Victor earlier today though Saynata; but there are a lot of new ones appeared with the sudden influx. Definitely had Wild Paul on sails for a while too. Hire and fire a few times; Soma mentioned the chase round the deck trying to boot the ones you hate....

Or maybe it's just the 3 of us have lucky swabbies?! Other people seem not to find a difference.
[Jul 21, 2003 11:42:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Jack actually said this:

"No matter what we do, they are going to sit there and cycle through all of the identical swabbies to get the one they want."
[Jul 21, 2003 1:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saynata

Hahahaha!

It's time for 'Pick your Answer', Volume One:

a) You're darned right we are! Some of us are just crazy like Sadako, Soma and I.

b) I mean, if you could make a mask or something I could put on Fronsac while he works, I guess that would be okay, too...

c) The next thing I'll do is to send you /complains about not having him. Eat big, fat, greasy chat log of me rotating through swabbies looking for my man, Admins!

d) Can I just have Victor back, please? He doesn't have to be good or anything, he can just be 'Placebo Victor,' but I just want to see him again.
[Jul 21, 2003 1:37:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Arr, I hear some try it with the newbies too. When are folks gonna learn that the devs made em all equal? =P
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 21, 2003 1:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Soma

down with sweet chris! Reply to this Post

I'm not crazy, really! Some o' em are just horrid! The real bad ones take off runnin the minute they know they be on yer ship, looking for any place they might be hiding from the watchful eye of a pirate that knows thar stuff..

*in all seriousness, some do appear to routinely target the worst possible oponnent in a sea battle, while others consistantly land on the puzzle most likely to die fast. I can't explain it, I don't even want to try to.. until they all seem to act the way I want, Im going to keep shuffling through to find the ones I deem lucky ;p
Soma
Castaway of Alpha
Survivor of Old Spice & Nyx's Scions
Officer of Black Death
[Jul 21, 2003 5:27:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Arr! Ye mean swabbies are still in the game?
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 22, 2003 1:31:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

Piggy Victor! Reply to this Post

We dropped in on Cleaver on Beta Island last night and got the answer to this:

Piggy Victor! Counterpart to Sheepish Ryan, but Victor seems to be lazier - rather than followin' us around as Ryan does, Victor oinked once and then went to sleep at me feet.
[Jul 23, 2003 4:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates