• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1152 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Weaver

Rank Identification in Chat Reply to this Post

One thing that would be really nice is that in the vessel/crew chat that the rank icons could be displayed beside peoples messages.

I know it's probably up to the captain to maintain disipline, but I find that often if I'm jobbing on the big ships it can be hard to know who I should be listening to, and who I should be ignoring when everyones ordering everyone else about.

Cheers.
----------------------------------------
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Jul 21, 2003 7:27:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Re: Rank Identification in Chat Reply to this Post

A nice idea - people can get overkeen in battle & there's often a lot of good and bad advice, and cheering-on of crewmates; makes it confusing. Maybe in vessel chat it could be prefixed for Captain and Officer of the relevant crew - e.g. Captain Cleaver says "Arr! Kill Hairy Mary next".
[Jul 21, 2003 9:44:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jaffee

Aye. There was a former cabin boy in my crew (now pirate, which I was much against) that really loved to shout out orders on my voyages. Despite me being the only ranking officer on the ship. It was very irritating, particularily since he loves screaming out horrible orders. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that this guy has cost us many a sea battle.

A feature like that would be handy to help against pirates like that. If at the very least, to let the crew know who's got authority.
~Jaff
[Jul 21, 2003 1:18:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

There is a handy feature for preventing disruptive pirates from booching your plans:

The Plank.

The rank identification may be nice. It has problems like taking up more space and potentially not being noticed anyway, but it seems not too difficult.

-Nemo
[Jul 21, 2003 1:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Arr, jest put the cap'n and officer hats before the messages. Much easier to spot, me thinks. I thank that be the jist of the first post...

Or make the text of officers a flashy neon. =P

I still thank ye need to put an alert in that makes folks jump out of they seats when the cap'n wants to get they attention. Arr, let me force particular dots into chat window so they notice me rant, maybe. Or have the cap'n avatar run neked across the bottom of the sword puzzle...
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 21, 2003 1:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Title Bar Jokes: Cramming more funny into posts since June! Reply to this Post

For vanity purposes only I'd like to have all Fronsac's normal speaking text be in seventeen point helvetica font, bright blue on an orange background that's spiky like the shout bubble. Also there should be an airhorn sound whenever he speaks. And his clothes should flash in different colors. And he should have an aura of purple. And shoot laser beams from his eyeballs that make annoying people lose at swordfights! And some sort of mystical drunkenness power that makes other pirates see double!*

Yeah, that's the ticket. That'd be pretty cool indeed.

Actually, I agree with Penn. Just the little hat icon would be plenty. Would Fronsac come up as jobber or captain when he's jobbing, I wonder...?

*- [size=9]You'll take note that I did not ask for any cheating mechanisms to make the ladies swoon. I can manage that just fine myself, thank you very much.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 21, 2003 3:49:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates