• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 97
Posts: 97   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19160 times and has 96 replies Next Thread
Cohog13

The Spectacular Spectre Send-Off!

Ascension Event Team wrote: 
~~Spectacular Spectre Send-off~~

Where: Spectre Island
When: Sunday, July 2nd, 12:00 Noon PST
What: An event blockade
Entry Fee: Established+ fame and a war chest of 25,000 pieces of eight

Everyone on Cobalt knows that Ascension loves a good blockade! Thus we felt it necessary to join in the fray for Spectre island. What fun is a blockade without some healthy competition? Now having won the island we realize that it is quite a distance from the shores of Labyrinth Moors where we like to roam. Our pirates are exhausted from sailing this bone-weary distance; their knees knocking from rum shortages along the way. So after much deliberation (not to mention the love of a great blockade!) we have decided to give the island away.

This blockade will be a chance to show off your organizational skills as a monarch and the prowess of your best battle navigators. Each flag will need Established+ fame and a war chest of 25,000 pieces of eight to participate. We will require each flag to choose their two best battle navigators and register them in this thread. Up to four substitute navvers may also be registered in case of an unforeseen emergency.* Be aware that these navvers will be participating in all three rounds of the blockade, and thus a certain level of commitment will be required. Flags will be responsible for providing their own jobbers and incentives to keep their jobbers fired up.

Rules: Seeing as this is a contested blockade, the goal is like any other: to get possession of the most points on the board. However there are a few rules and regulations to help keep things interesting:
Each flag is restricted to two ships (with the same two navvers) on the board at any given time. If one of your ships sinks, you may bring another one in just so long as you have no more than two ships on the board.
Round One: This round will consist entirely of sloops.
Round Two: This round will consist entirely of cutters.
Round Three: This round will consist of one sloop and one cutter per flag.
If necessary:
Round Four: This round will consist entirely of sloops.
Round Five: This round will consist entirely of cutters.**

Spectators: Watchers will not be welcome in the safe-zone; however, Ascension will take out an observation brig or frig (depending on the number of people who wish to watch the event). To reiterate non-competing ships will be sunk on sight.

Recommended Supplies: We recommend each flag bring 6 ships per round (in case of sinkage) and approximately 150 rum and 600 small cannon balls per round. This is just a recommendation, flags can feel free to bring more or less as they see fit.

Sinking: This is a non-sinking event. Ascension will not be returning any war declarations in conjunction with this event.

Scoring: This is an actual blockade and points will be awarded in the same manner as in any other blockade. We will be keeping record of the points throughout the blockade to determine which flags place second through fifth (as first place will be obvious). If no one wins the island in five rounds the island will be transferred to the flag with the highest overall points.

Prizes:
1st: Your very own, shiny new island and 3000 stone on Napi Peak to help you get construction started. 2 gold fancy ribbon trinkets for the main navvers, up to 4 gold ribbons for alternate navvers.
2nd: A pair of painted, renamed sloops (SpookySpirit and Ghastly Ghost) and 10k poe each. 2 silver fancy ribbon trinkets for the main navvers, up to 4 silver ribbon trinkets for the alternate navvers.
3rd: Two navver havens: Each includes a fancy desk, a fancy chair, gold candles, ship plans, and a globe (in your choice of color ? no black or white) and 5k poe each. 2 bronze fancy ribbon trinkets for the main navvers, up to 4 bronze ribbon trinkets for the alternate navvers.
4th: A portrait of the Flag monarch and their two navvers and 2.5k each
More prizes will be posted as soon as they are determined. Prize donations are welcome.

* If a substitute(s) is used in the blockade, the secondary prizes (2nd-5th) will be given to the primary navigators posted.
** Ascension reserves the right to take ships out onto the blockade board in an effort to shake things up and keep them interesting.

----------------------------------------
Cohog
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Cohog13 at Jun 19, 2006 5:08:02 PM]
[Jun 13, 2006 5:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Re: The Spectacular Spectre Send-Off!

One problem that may occur is people cheating by bringing in a large ship and then sinking others on site by using the evasive saftyzone trick. How will you prvent that and do you have OM support?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jun 13, 2006 6:25:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

If large ships enter the board, Ascension ships will be prepped to go in and stop them. No this is not an Oceanmaster-supported event. We wanted to have as little outside support as needed and let people just go all-out in the blockade and have fun. I don't think much, if any additional support is needed.
Cohog
[Jun 13, 2006 6:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

I for one will help track down and make life hellish for anyone who interferes with this event.

I encourage everyone to spread the word to non-island owning flags that this contest is coming up. Not all of them may read the forums.
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Jun 13, 2006 6:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

Any non-island holding Flag who wants some support with any aspect (except the fame) give me a shout.
[Jun 13, 2006 6:39:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

What happens if a flag decides to blockade and win Spectre before this event runs?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 13, 2006 7:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

What happens if a flag decides to blockade and win Spectre before this event runs?

Then that Flag is completely moronic. Costs associated with a real blocade against Ascension = High. Costs of participating in the event = Low.

Of course the obvious answer is, if said Flag happens to win, there would be no event.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Crotty at Jun 13, 2006 9:02:30 PM]
[Jun 13, 2006 8:02:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TamiTee

Ascension Event Team wrote: 
"We will require each flag to choose their two best battle navigators and register them here.

Is this thread here, or is there a seperate spot for here?
Tamitee
Captain of Ramen Noodles
Queen of The Black Sheep

Snazzy avatar by Salmon
[Jun 13, 2006 8:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Then that Flag is completely moronic. Costs associated with a real blocade against Ascencion = High. Costs of participating in the event = Low.

Of course the obvious answer is, if said Flag happens to win, there would be no event.

Yeah, well, ya never know with Cobalt players now do ya? I didn't ask the question for myself or because I didn't know the answer, but its something that should be put into the OP so others know.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 13, 2006 8:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

Yeah, well, ya never know with Cobalt players now do ya? I didn't ask the question for myself or because I didn't know the answer, but its something that should be put into the OP so others know.

I disagree since you asked. I consider the most mates of Cobalt to have some level of common sense. I wouldn't expect a gunning event to have a disclaimer that if the gunning puzzle was removed there would be no event. And Ascension has no obligation to forwarn any Flag that wishes to drop prior to the event that they wiill lay the smack down.
[Jun 13, 2006 9:02:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montell

Note for newer flags thinking about this. Being a non-sinking blockade, you will be able to retrieve supplies from "sunk" ships. You only lose the use of the ship for the remainder of the blockade. So don't hesitate to bring plenty of supplies, should you win you can sell those extras at your new fort. If you have questions feel free to PM me or send me a tell on Cobalt. I look forward to seeing many of you out there on July 2.

Bibitytoo, SO, Redemption
Bibity
[Jun 13, 2006 10:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

**Disclaimer** Ascension layeth the smacketh down on anyone who attacks any of their islands, including Spectre before the event. Thank you for your time. ;-) Crotty.

We TOOK the island with intent to give it away, I don't see why we would just give it up. If someone has the balls to drop a chest on an island that is to be given away in an announced event, I hope they can afford a sinking blockade AND minimum 7 day war with us. We <3 sinky sinky.

On another note, I encourage everyone to broadcast this all over Cobalt. Let the younger and smaller flags know that they can win an island a bit easier then normal. Let folks know that there is help available. You can also PM me here or find me in game for any additional questions.
Cohog
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cohog13 at Jun 14, 2006 4:48:02 AM]
[Jun 14, 2006 4:43:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Wrenn

We will require each flag to choose their two best battle navigators and register them here.

Do I read this correctly that no hired drivers will be allowed?
(I desperatly hope so)
-Ag
Cap'n - Moose of Doom - Cobalt
[Jun 14, 2006 5:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
psychox

We will require each flag to choose their two best battle navigators and register them here.

Do I read this correctly that no hired drivers will be allowed?
(I desperatly hope so)

That's impossible to do, anyone with a little brain can think of bringing their hired navver alt in their crew, can anyone tell?
Or also have the navver join temporary, though that could be noticed.
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by psychox at Jun 14, 2006 6:45:59 AM]
[Jun 14, 2006 6:45:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MandiD

Ok me being DokeyDoh' here...I keep wondering where to post it at, as i keep thinking that there is a link (or should be one) where you have here underlined. Do we post in this thread or is there a seperate one?

You would think with someone as dokeydoh' as me, that they wouldn't let me be a monarch as i can't figure out the simple things.
LadyLola
Queen of Camur in Vestri Calx
Senior Officer of Reapers of Souls
[Jun 14, 2006 2:18:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
psychox

Aye, the "entry" link is stuck, not able to click on it cause of the box or how was it done.

Also a reminder, if two allies are both to take part, i'd recommend temporary breaking alliance while it, not messing around in last second.
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

[Jun 14, 2006 2:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Post in this thread. I will edit the OP to say that. I can see how that can be misunderstood.
Cohog
[Jun 14, 2006 3:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
MandiD

Well My flag, Camur in Vestri Calx will showing up. My two main Bnav Pirates are Fooqueso of No soup for crew, and Muttons of Reapers of Souls. Right now I only have threealts, Britomartis and Smileyluigi of Reapers of Souls, Shinner of Mysterium. I will edit this post when I get the other.
LadyLola
Queen of Camur in Vestri Calx
Senior Officer of Reapers of Souls
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MandiD at Jun 15, 2006 2:21:40 PM]
[Jun 14, 2006 7:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
minikargo

ok, its karrgo from Friggin Twisted. We want your guys's word that you wont return the war dec if we enter in it. JUst want to make sure that your word stands with us as well
[Jun 15, 2006 12:16:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

ok, its karrgo from Friggin Twisted. We want your guys's word that you wont return the war dec if we enter in it. JUst want to make sure that your word stands with us as well

Reading from up above wrote: 
Sinking: This is a non-sinking event. Ascension will not be returning any war declarations in conjunction with this event.

Cohog
[Jun 15, 2006 1:56:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Lutotommy

Where exactly is Spectre?

Also, if another flag diecides to take the island the week after the winner gets it, will the defenders receive support?
Akiva of the Cobalt ocean.
[This space intentionally left blank.]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lutotommy at Jun 15, 2006 2:33:23 PM]
[Jun 15, 2006 2:31:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thanos

despite my absolute hatred for certain people, no, we will not :)
Thanos - of Midnight? Cobalt? Hunter? Malachite!
[Jun 15, 2006 6:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Spectre Island can be found here!
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Jun 15, 2006 6:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montell

Hydrophobia will not be a participant in this event. We will provide assistance to Ascension as needed to run the event.
Bibity
[Jun 18, 2006 3:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Also, if another flag diecides to take the island the week after the winner gets it, will the defenders receive support?

Once you win the island, it is yours. You can negotiate defenses with anyone.
Cohog
[Jun 18, 2006 3:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Updated the prizes to add in the POE donations I recieved for the event.

3k stone for first place
10k x 2 for second
5k x 2 for third
2.5k x 2 for forth

Still more prizes to come as they arrive. So far, we only have one registered team. We are looking for more to come and participate.
Cohog
[Jun 18, 2006 7:17:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
PJC321

Parrot Pillagers will be entering :)

Navers: Pjc and Magella, Laso will be taking over if one of us d/c's or has to leave etc :)
Pjc

Winner of the first Familiar in Booty or No Booty!

Retired, just around in the forums nowadays
[Edit 2 times, last edit by PJC321 at Jun 20, 2006 8:08:26 AM]
[Jun 19, 2006 12:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

**Updated prize list**

Apollo has been kind enough to support us with ribbon trinkets for the top three teams. They are as follows...

1st place: 2 Gold fancy ribbon trinkets, up to 4 gold ribbon trinkets for alternate navvers.
2nd place: 2 Silver fancy ribbon trinkets, up to 4 silver ribbon trinkets for alternate navvers.
3rd place: 2 Bronze fancy ribbon trinkets, up to 4 bronze ribbon trinkets for alternate navvers.

Cohog
[Jun 19, 2006 5:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
YPPBullock

Polaris will be entering.

Bullock and Darksmell will be navving.

Backup navvers: Kermit and Estel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by YPPBullock at Jun 29, 2006 9:20:19 PM]
[Jun 19, 2006 10:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

Prizes for back-up navers? The most important people are getting the prize shaft, I'm looking at you Ult Carp & Sails.
[Jun 20, 2006 7:41:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 97   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates