• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1680 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Cerberus

[Suggestion] Documented number of sinkings Reply to this Post

Just for curiosity sake, Ivy and I were discussing the possibility of having a personal log of how many times you have been sunk (just like a number), along with the name of the ship/crew/flag that took a body part. Would be kinda cool to keep track of that.
----------------------------------------
Tarin
Captain o' Rise of Atlantis
Prince o' The Infidels
Owner o' Boatanical Gardens on Epsilon
[Jan 27, 2004 9:11:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: [Suggestion] Documented number of sinkings Reply to this Post

Maybe, but you are not currently UNABLE to keep track . . . keep a notepad by your computer, or a wordpad file on the desktop.
[Jan 27, 2004 9:43:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Sinkings Reply to this Post

Sinkings are now recorded as such in the crew pvp log. On the list is to add more detail to your Pirate page and this would be a most excellent candidate.
[Jan 27, 2004 10:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Am I right in assuming "sinkings" means both those you suffer AND those you inflict on other people?
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jan 27, 2004 10:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Cerberus

That was my thoughts... dunno about cleavers interpritation.
Tarin
Captain o' Rise of Atlantis
Prince o' The Infidels
Owner o' Boatanical Gardens on Epsilon
[Jan 27, 2004 10:40:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Double-minus for spelling ;)

Interpretation. And that was what I was inquiring as to.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jan 27, 2004 11:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

homullus wrote: 
Maybe, but you are not currently UNABLE to keep track . . . keep a notepad by your computer, or a wordpad file on the desktop.

Aye, but you have no way to know how many times other poor scalliwags have been aboard a ship that didn't come in. If you (where you=Cerberus, in this case) want to know how many you have been sunk, then others might also be interested in such information aswell. Or add a Warfare ranking, that goes up as you are aboard a ship that sinks another and down as you swim ashore. Able Warfarers would be quite strong swimmers.
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Jan 27, 2004 3:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaaMan

While we are at it , i would like an "pirates profile" to be introduced :)

Ie. on the info page theres a button called "profile" where ye can see what that pirate has chosen to write about himself (age , country, name.. you name it)

.. Just thought it would be a nifty little idea
Only evil on days that end in Y.
[Jan 27, 2004 3:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

That's a good idea, insofar as we assume all players to be intelligent articulate, and well, not morons.

The last thing we need to inflict upon the OMs is having to go through every pirates profile and make sure it's appropriate, and not chock full of profanity and continue to do so on a near daily basis to make sure they aren't being changed to include those things.

Well, that or start some sort of secret-police type thing where we report on offensive profiles.

Unfortunately, I don't think completely custom pirate profiles are something that will happen anytime soon, if just to not pile on yet another thing to watch out for.

Mind you, putting in something like a list of stats that would be selected via pull-down boxes woudln't be bad at all. The Devs could pick what selections are included, ie Gender, Age Range, Nationaltiy and so forth, allowing us to know a little more about ye without the worry that what we'll find out is enough to blind us permanantly.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates