• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68382 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
AbralNarth

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

As for my favourite whine, there can be no doubt that the finest whine I have ever taste is Mind-reading imps. Not too bitter, not too sweet, a perfect blend of flavours, and a beautiful colour (

How about a variation on that? The new AI is unbeatable and it's companion LSMs don't work any more. Both of which, despite having a smell of over rated self opinion taste sweetly of irony. Both taste like they should be green but are not.

My personal favourate whine is let me nav cos I'm gud or my crew will be hostile to you. Best served with the cheese I call your bluff. My flag loves glub glub. A supremely strong cheese. It's cliché but one of the most enjoyable one which many people will enjoy if not the person you offer it to.
----------------------------------------
Narrth in game.
Captain of Babylion
... Greevil...
[Jun 10, 2006 10:59:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

I always loved the taste of what about Cobalt, if only because the people who hated it always prefered the taste of This game is dead.

I've noticed that one whine is only as good as it is rare, and that is of course look at my enormous e-peen.
His Holiness, The Dope
[Jun 10, 2006 11:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

The elusive ship decay whine is particularly suited to my specific palate. As far as cheese goes, I've always found the more common bring back 24 hour blockades variety to be highly complementary.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jun 10, 2006 1:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Ahh, Rome, so sweet of you to bring your own vintage of Messiah Complex to fix all the bitter whines being thrown around today.

Perhaps I can offer you, instead, a nice white Let it go. It's fresh, it's refined, it's brings out everything you've come to expect from a game.

The bottle of It's just a game! was rather hard to swallow, please pass a glass of I handle all my problems with the game by complaining out of game because i'm not actually able to do anything about them in the game vintage you so enjoy.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 10, 2006 5:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Zava

Any blockading flag has had a taste of Can I nav?? along with it's more tart but increasingly rare sister, You didnt let me nav the fist ship out so now I quit.
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zava at Jun 10, 2006 6:14:29 PM]
[Jun 10, 2006 6:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
hgibb

Personally, two of my favorite blockade whines are Why don't we sword fight? and Captain, sink, I want a hook!

The second is often rumoroed to be available only during sinking blockades, but you'll be glad to hear that's not so - I have personally encountered this whine in more than one non-sinking blockade, often accompanied by If we can't get hooks, then what's the point of this? cheese.
[Jun 11, 2006 2:26:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

The cheesy chat up-lines cheese of, wil u plz giv me cex goes extremely well with the y is mi name gwreen whine. This is not extremely rare as can be found around most of the whine-bars around the docks.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Jun 11, 2006 7:46:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

May I suggest the vintage bottle of You sunk my ship! How could you sink my ship? Any pirate in a blockade or a war simply must try it.
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Jun 11, 2006 9:01:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

Personally, I've got a few bottles of what do you mean you wardec'd your own flag's allies?! stored away in the cellar. It's perfect for washing out the taste of ZOMG! U blockade mi island, diedie! (black label grammar edition), which I always found to be too sour.

And I liked the It's a game I had. I think it depends on where you get it from.
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Jun 11, 2006 12:24:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cwolfy

I just got some fine whine You only won the blockade with allie's bnaver and JC. Best time to drink it is after blockade. Extremely big ego flag would enjoy it after they got crushed. The bottle of whine usually come with an sister bottle of i dont like your war tactic waaaaaaa. whine. Careful of the bitter tartness of it.
[Jun 11, 2006 6:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

I dug up my old 2005 case of subbers are better than doubbers. I compared it with my 2006 vintage of dub playas pwn dis gaem. I prefer the former for its smooth drinkability and minimal aftertaste, but the 2006 vintage is strong and fruity, and cheap, as it seems everyone has some.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jun 11, 2006 9:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

One of my personal favorite white whines, also only available from Midnight Whinyards, is But this is my home. Serve it chilled alongside the aforementioned Blockades are Griefing, and you'll think you're in Midnight Ocean again.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jun 11, 2006 9:37:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Chavez wrote: 
One of my personal favorite white whines, also only available from Midnight Whinyards, is But this is my home.
That was a good one- I remember Coblat Boozeatorium and Viridian Greenfarms both put out tenured Midders are winning all our prizes! It was so good, I decided to well, drain a case and a half of the Viridian blend in one month last year.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jun 11, 2006 9:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elsquido

One of my favorites is X is too good at this game, thereby ruining my fun. With a high alcohol content, it can be too strong for many, and go straight to their heads. But the high quality of this whine is best unpaired; please do not waste it with food.

A particularly strong Chateau for this varietal, reliable crop after crop, is the Y has earned too many familiars and I want one too! Definitely a good whine to age; time only adds to the bouquet of fanimal-envy.
Squido!
Rotating avatars by Arshiss, Dian, Empanado, KingPriam, Raquaetta, SCURVYSOO, Shortyjack, Squido.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elsquido at Jun 11, 2006 10:41:08 PM]
[Jun 11, 2006 10:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PrimeThian

I've placed and order for a few bottles of first press Barbarians are ruining pillages to replace my Poker is ruining pillages that ran out last week. Soon, there should be a run of Hunter Dockpressing varietals for me to host tasting parties with.
Prime (Hunter) : Fleet Officer of The Black Hunters
Typ (Sage) : Pirate of Irish Rouges [dormant]
Prime (Azure) : The Red and Green Senior Officer [memories]
[Jun 11, 2006 11:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

It was funny, then you bitter people ruined this thread.
[Jun 12, 2006 1:11:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

This is parley what did you think was going to happen.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Jun 12, 2006 1:23:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sashuk

One must not forget, the Creme de la creme, the extreme must have this year, but of course only available to those who have lived on the oceans before the islands were even created...I'm Ultimate in all Puzzles now give me more challenges , this however is often spurned by lovers of Give me a chance to catch up before you add more difficulty to pillages, tasters from both groups admit that they both leave undertones of bitterness and often a whiff of elitism. Niether group is prepared to accept a more mellow whine, Let's keep it in the inns for a while longer.
[Jun 12, 2006 4:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

The premier whine labels nearly all seem to come from Chateau Whitefire. A confident and some say arrogant maker who's output guarantees fierce aguments among cogniscenti as to his merits. Each vintage has it's own characteristic and the most recent pressing is dry and even a trifle too sour for many.

It was hoped that the Whitefire label would mature and settle down as one of the great classic whines but sadly the product is too erratic and is prone to oxidisation especially when poorly stored. Bottles from this house should not be allowed too near the light until ready for consumption. One hesitates to compare whines to Tequila but a good dose of salt around the rim of a glass does wonders for the flavour.
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jerze at Jun 12, 2006 4:38:44 PM]
[Jun 12, 2006 9:10:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Of late, I have noticed an increase in whines of the Three Rings is a bad company because of X variety. The more popular (though not by much) is the They charged my credit card without my permission which recently reared it's ugly head again after quite a long period of dormancy.

As well, there have been some varieties of They made this game stagnant which has turned many people off.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Jun 12, 2006 9:33:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Lately I've seen several people sipping from the fine Sore Loser line. A favorite of artists everywhere, it has the unusual effect of heightening the drinker's persecution and inferiority complxes.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jun 12, 2006 9:53:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Oh and how can we forget the whineyards of, Tin-Foil Conspiracy. There's the always classic, OOOs only cares about the brown nosers, and the Revoluchion Merlot.

There are many others I had in mind, but uh, being sick and having a four day migraine does weird things to your brain...
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jun 12, 2006 10:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Stay away from the 2005 Two-Month-Old Pirate With 6000 Forum Posts whines then, Lils.

They tend to make your head swell.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jun 12, 2006 2:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

/agree
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jun 12, 2006 2:04:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Look, my credibility as a whine connoisseur is obviously correlated with how many times I write crap on this thread!

And this credibility obviously spills over into every aspect of the game, and my social life!
Was once Stuyvesant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jun 12, 2006 2:07:06 PM]
[Jun 12, 2006 2:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Oh, how could I have forgotten the dubs cost too much whine? Or my personal favorite, dub costs need to be rearranged.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jun 12, 2006 2:26:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
DrunknBfly

Hooray! An epicurean thread at last in which we can compare our tastes and fine vintage years!

I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but when I think of whines, my mind immediately hearkens back to the 2003-2004 run of The game isn't the same any more and I'm quitting. This was enjoyed by a number of beta testers at the Shore Leave parties of the time, who would find themselves coming back immediately, sometimes two, three, or even four times for another glass!

There have been variants on that flavour since of course, but none of them have ever been able to make me grind my teeth in quite the same way. Alas!
Pierut of Crimson Tide, formerly Looterati, not dead.

Shinrai tells you, "zomg u r an om i meen loot"

[Jun 13, 2006 4:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://magiccheese.pyen.com/    Ravenlarke [Link]  Go to top 
EvilAurian

Sometimes there are these cheap whines that come from Chateau Suty, most recent one is Edit button is there for a reason.

I don't like taem on teh HaT zomg!!@1!, since the aftertaste makes me want to hurl. It is a nasty taste, which can make you cry if you drink it at the wrong time of day. I wouldn't reccomend drinking it after a long heavy dinner.

But then there is the limited Battle of the sexes whine, which had a truly exploding bouqet. The boxes were empty soon, but alot of new friendships were made at that party.
Alas, it is a whine more enjoyed by woman then men. I would say, maybe the 2007 series will be better for our male pirates.
Evilaurian
[Jun 13, 2006 4:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Pierut wrote: 
Hooray! An epicurean thread at last in which we can compare our tastes and fine vintage years!

I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but when I think of whines, my mind immediately hearkens back to the 2003-2004 run of The game isn't the same any more and I'm quitting. This was enjoyed by a number of beta testers at the Shore Leave parties of the time, who would find themselves coming back immediately, sometimes two, three, or even four times for another glass!

There have been variants on that flavour since of course, but none of them have ever been able to make me grind my teeth in quite the same way. Alas!
Actually, it's the same as the wine I sampled in the second post, I simply used it's less formal street name, Quitting the Game. I admit your year was a slightly better run, but any other year is still a good wine.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 13, 2006 9:48:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Dorien

On of my favorite forum varietels, from the GD vineyard, is the "I think there should be whine" quip. It's sharp and fruity, with little aftertaste, but after the 12th bottle, let alone the 50th, grows a little tiresome.
Lord of Tyr's Own, Ambassador and SO of the Fifth Fist

I've never met a keg o' Rum I didn't like!
[Jun 13, 2006 10:34:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates