• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1606 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
garf

sharing booty Reply to this Post

when being on the ringers grand frigate, it occured to me that sharing booty will be rather difficult on these large ships.

considering that if you take such a large ship out, it will likely be a long trip with players coming and leaving all the time. which captain will be able to track who worked his butt off for the whole three hours and who came on, chatted a bit for a league and left again? in very large crews where the officers dont know every pirate, maybe even not a significiant part of them, this could even be exploited deliberately.

so i suggest a tracking mechanism, possibly based on leagues and/or battles. the dividing officer could then be presented with the duration, maybe even activity (active leagues, idle leagues, battles?) in the booty division screen to make a fairer sharing possible.

maybe even the standard proposition for the share should/could take this into account.

obviously, this wont be much of an issue now (even though i have already seen people get full shares that came aboard two minutes before dividing), but it surely will become later on.
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 14, 2003 11:41:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: sharing booty Reply to this Post

Ship logs have been on The List forever and should include most of this information.
----------------------------------------
[Jul 15, 2003 1:16:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates